PDA

View Full Version : Schumer says addressing gun violence will be top Dem priority

Warlord
09-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said pressuring Republicans to act on gun violence will be a top priority for Democrats this fall, according to a letter to his colleagues released Thursday.

In the letter, first obtained by POLITICO, Schumer wrote Democrats will continue to call on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to bring to the floor House-passed legislation requiring universal background checks during gun sales. So far, no Senate Republicans support the measure.

“President Trump and Senate Republicans have failed to act on the issue of gun violence, bowing repeatedly to the NRA and the hard right by choosing inaction or half-measures over real, meaningful legislation,” the New York Democrat wrote. “Comprehensive, evidence-based solutions, like updating our laws to require background checks for all gun sales, must be a part of any congressional action to curb gun violence.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/05/schumer-gun-fall-priority-1481763

jkr
09-05-2019, 10:14 AM
IT SHOULD BE HONORING YOUR OATH TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION!
http://memecrunch.com/meme/54JB2/but-thats-none-of-my-business/image.png

...WAIT, YES IT IS!

F U TRAITOR!

me thinks his loyalty is ELSEWHERE.

CCTelander
09-05-2019, 10:48 AM
You know, there are currently estimated to be over 100,000,000 ( that's 100 MILLION) gun owners in these united states. If they'd just pull their heads out of their asses and actually work together not only would every single gun control law across the country be repealed or simply ignored with impunity, but there would be no chance of any future gun control laws ever passing. Instead they rely on a small percentage of heroic individuals to do all the work for them. Some due to apathy or laziness. Some because they're idiots and actually support "reasonable common sense" gun laws. The few fighters are overwhelmed. I'm sorry but most gun owners deserve what they get. Unfortunately the rest of us have to suffer right along with them.

kcchiefs6465
09-05-2019, 10:58 AM
You know, there are currently estimated to be over 100,000,000 ( that's 100 MILLION) gun owners in these united states. If they'd just pull their heads out of their asses and actually work together not only would every single gun control law across the country be repealed or simply ignored with impunity, but there would be no chance of any future gun control laws ever passing. Instead they rely on a small percentage of heroic individuals to do all the work for them. Some due to apathy or laziness. Some because they're idiots and actually support "reasonable common sense" gun laws. The few fighters are overwhelmed. I'm sorry but most gun owners deserve what they get. Unfortunately the rest of us have to suffer right along with them.
There might be that many gun owners but a large percentage of them are just fine with ‘common sense’ gun control laws.

Maybe they get that mindset from their ruler.

pao
09-05-2019, 11:04 AM
I wish someone with influence, either newwork (Tucker?) or alternative (some YouTube personally with millions of views, maybe even Twitter Trump?) would report EVERY self-defense news report (usually found on local news all over the country, or some government source (i.e. FBI reports or other) involving a gun used in defense of self or others on daily basis. I'm tired of 2A people in interviews failing to share the many vivid examples of lives being saved, rapist stopped, kidnappings foiled by armed citizens. "Why would anyone need an AR-15 or other 'assult rifle?'" Share the stories of people fending off multiple armed attackers with such a weapon or stopping a mass shooting with one. Drive home that he/she or some other 3rd party would be dead if not for those weapons and the sometimes large number of bullets needed for such a defense. The Left is driving the narrative because of the mass imbalance in reporting. It's an information war. If people heard of the good cause by guns (not once, but on a daily basis) then maybe the gun control crap would fall on deaf ears.

jkr
09-05-2019, 11:53 AM

SPEAKING OF...

Shuttlesworth v. City of Birmingham, Alabama, 373 U.S. 262

LICENSE?
FEE?

IMPUNITY!

Anti Globalist
09-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Fuck off Schumer.

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Of course. Democrats know damn well that it is not possible to stop gun violence (or any violence), but they sure want to play it to the hilt for political advantage. They love every shooting incident. “Never let a crisis go to waste”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-YuhFWCr4

That’s exactly what they are doing.