PDA

View Full Version : Walmart to Limit Ammunition Sales and Discourage ‘Open Carry’ of Guns in Stores

kcchiefs6465
09-04-2019, 01:59 AM
Walmart stepped forcefully into the national gun debate on Tuesday, saying it would stop selling ammunition that can be used in military-style assault rifles, would discourage its customers from openly carrying guns in its stores and would call on Congress to increase background checks and consider a new assault rifle ban.

The retailer, whose sheer reach has reshaped communities nationwide, largely avoids publicly wading into politics. That made Walmart’s statement on Tuesday even more notable. It called on leaders in Washington to enact stronger background checks to “remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger.” The company said it also supported a new debate over an assault rifle ban.

“As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades,” Walmart’s chief executive, Doug McMillon, said in the statement. “We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act.”

hxxps://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/03/business/walmart-guns-ammunition-sales.html

GunnyFreedom
09-04-2019, 02:02 AM
Also Kroger.

I am a little worried about Harris Teeter having been bought by Kroger. HT has taken an explicitly permissive stance in carry in their stores historically.

kcchiefs6465
09-04-2019, 02:15 AM
So had Wal-Mart. Go woke, go broke. I hope shareholders recover.

If I had money invested in Wal-Mart I’d feel betrayed.

What a stupid position to take... especially with an ignoramus leading the charge.

Can’t companies just shut the fuck up and let people live how they want to live? Do I really need preached to by a bunch of Dick’s- Netflix, Wal-Mart, Gillette, Kroger.

I’ll boycott the whole fuck of them. Use my money to buy surplus from the guy with a trailer who wants $12 a box out the door (or rather, side of the road) for brass BT 168gr.

TheTexan
09-04-2019, 02:52 AM
They'll continue selling hunting ammo.

Maybe they'll bring back 5.56 and .223 if the ammo box has pictures of deer on it.

sam1952
09-04-2019, 04:22 AM
They'll continue selling hunting ammo.

Maybe they'll bring back 5.56 and .223 if the ammo box has pictures of deer on it.

or duck....

tod evans
09-04-2019, 05:05 AM
Snark

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-discontinues-sale-of-auto-parts-to-prevent-car-accidents?fbclid=IwAR236fT0sx_YAk3XroFxF5GCiroWz4x lCNAN0DTS3E4Lp42SZrgDjLq4kpo

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat.

Anti Globalist
09-04-2019, 07:10 AM
By doing this, Walmart has now effectively made all their businesses gun free zones.

devil21
09-04-2019, 11:50 AM
I'm seeing conflicting info about the open carry portion. Some articles say "discourage" open carry while others say Walmart will prohibit it in states where open carry is otherwise legal.

kcchiefs6465
09-04-2019, 11:59 AM
I'm seeing conflicting info about the open carry portion. Some articles say "discourage" open carry while others say Walmart will prohibit it in states where open carry is otherwise legal.
They will ask you not to open carry on future trips to the store. If a customer complains they will ask you to put the firearm in your car.

Brian4Liberty
09-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Smart move by Walmart. Really, the only people you want to have guns in your stores are deranged psychopaths. More than one person shooting at the same time is terribly dangerous.

Brian4Liberty
09-04-2019, 12:11 PM
I would boycott Walmart, but the only reason I ever went there in the past was to get cheap shotgun shells for trap shooting, and they stopped selling that a long time ago in California.

Occam's Banana
09-04-2019, 03:14 PM
So had Wal-Mart. Go woke, go broke. I hope shareholders recover.

If I had money invested in Wal-Mart I’d feel betrayed.

What a stupid position to take... especially with an ignoramus leading the charge.

Can’t companies just shut the fuck up and let people live how they want to live? Do I really need preached to by a bunch of Dick’s- Netflix, Wal-Mart, Gillette, Kroger.

I’ll boycott the whole fuck of them. Use my money to buy surplus from the guy with a trailer who wants $12 a box out the door (or rather, side of the road) for brass BT 168gr.

Flagged for inspection and analysis.

Report Codes generated 2019-09-04 21:10:30 UTC

FBI-99N3YH6 / CC: NSA-4G57RQ2

phill4paul
09-04-2019, 03:25 PM
They will ask you not to open carry on future trips to the store. If a customer complains they will ask you to put the firearm in your car.

What brilliance. See someone with a firearm? Report them. Follow them to know which vehicle they are putting the firearm in. When they return to the store...smash and grab. Easy peasy!

kcchiefs6465
09-04-2019, 03:53 PM
What brilliance. See someone with a firearm? Report them. Follow them to know which vehicle they are putting the firearm in. When they return to the store...smash and grab. Easy peasy!
One would hope 2nd Amendment minded people simply don’t go to Wal-Mart. Then if they do and they are asked to put their firearm in their car they leave their basket of groceries and go somewhere else.

At least until all of the corporate authoritarians enact similar policies.

fedupinmo
09-04-2019, 04:06 PM
Academy Sports has a much better ammo selection.

Origanalist
09-08-2019, 04:58 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/1017383587778580480

oyarde
09-08-2019, 05:02 AM
Bye walmart , shithole of all stores .

CoastieInColorado
09-08-2019, 05:40 AM
Eh, I always go to Sportsman's Warehouse anyway, it's right across the street from my wally world, and besides, wally world doesn't sell 1000 rd boxes.

fisharmor
09-08-2019, 06:08 AM
Had to buy a car battery yesterday - skipped Wally World and spent an extra $30 getting it at Advance Auto.
The upshot was they not only looked up the number but went and got it for me as I had both the young kids.
But still, it was a lot more money.

Danke
09-08-2019, 06:39 AM
Had to buy a car battery yesterday - skipped Wally World and spent an extra $30 getting it at Advance Auto.
The upshot was they not only looked up the number but went and got it for me as I had both the young kids.
But still, it was a lot more money.

Did you use COUPON25?

Anti Federalist
09-08-2019, 06:49 AM
Never did use Wal Marx much in the first place.

Fuck 'em.

Anti Globalist
09-08-2019, 07:41 AM
All mass shooters are happy to hear this news. They're getting giddy with excitement over it. Its like Wal Mart is trying to get people to shoot up their businesses.

Origanalist
09-08-2019, 11:43 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/1017448034554159104

CCTelander
09-08-2019, 12:29 PM

If one left a copy of this meme in the cart people would have a clue that it was a protest and what it was about

Stratovarious
09-08-2019, 12:43 PM

Better yet, ask the whining customer to go sit in his car.

Stratovarious
09-08-2019, 12:44 PM

If one left a copy of this meme in the cart people would have a clue that it was a protest and what it was about

YES , leave an NRA or GOA card on top.