PDA

View Full Version : Beto O’Rourke Campaign Claims Breitbart Reporter Ejected to Protect Black Students

James_Madison_Lives
09-02-2019, 03:12 PM
LOL the Breitbart reporter is married to a black woman.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/08/28/beto-orourke-campaign-claims-breitbart-reporter-ejected-to-protect-black-students/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=todays_hottest_stories&utm_campaign=20190829

The incident occurred one day after a press gaggle in which Pollak politely asked O’Rourke whether misquoting President Donald Trump’s comments on the 2017 protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, was in line with his promise to not “inflame” divisions in the U.S.

The exchange went as follows:

Breitbart News: The president, Trump, after Charlottesville, said that he condemned the white supremacists and the neo-Nazis “totally.” Are you aware that you are misquoting him, or partially quoting him — not quoting the full extent of his remarks in Charlottesville? Are you concerned that that might inflame tensions rather than heal divisions?

Beto O’Rourke: No. I believe in the truth, and in being honest about what the president was doing. And it’s not just that he referred to Klansmen as “very fine people,” it’s that he attempted to ban all people of one religion from this country. We’re constantly warned of an “invasion” of killers, and rapists, and animals, from Central America and Mexico, though we know that they commit crimes at a far lower rate than those who are born in this country. This is a very coordinated attack on minorities in this country, on the most vulnerable and the defenseless, for political gain for the president. And he knows full well that it not only offends our sensibilities as a country, it is leading to violence and the taking of lives, as we saw in El Paso.

Breitbart News: But he said that he wasn’t referring to the neo-Nazis and the Klansman — just a clarification — he said he wasn’t referring to the Klansmen as “very fine people,” that he was referring to non-violent protesters, left and right.

Beto O’Rourke: He has openly courted the support of white supremacists and that’s a matter of fact and a matter of record. He has repeatedly, though given the opportunity, refused to disavow their support. I reference — and you can check the tape on this one — at a rally in Florida in May, when someone says, “Shoot them!”, referring to immigrants, he laughs and smiles and he joked about that. If that is not a total failure of leadership, and a total inducement to violence and hatred, I don’t know what is. And you can also check a rise in hate crimes in this country, every single year that he’s been a candidate, or in office, and in fact in those counties that hosted a Trump rally, you saw a more than 200% increase in hate crimes there. He is very much responsible for much of the violence, the hatred, and the racism that you see in this country.

The above transcript of the civil exchange between Pollak and O’Rourke shows the candidate made several false or misleading comments. Namely, O’Rourke claimed President Trump praised neo-Nazis at the Charlottesville protest as “very fine people” even though he specifically condemned them at a press conference addressing the deadly event. The president has also repeatedly disavowed the support of white supremacists, condemning the extremist ideology as recent as this month during a speech on the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

Ironically, the O’Rourke campaign’s removal of Pollak goes against another pledge the Texas Democrat has made: to protect press freedom. In an MSNBC town hall last year, O’Rouke said of his pledge: “If we don’t have a free press, if we cannot make informed decisions at the ballot box, if we can’t hold people like me accountable, and make sure that we’re held honest to the promises that we made, to the job that we’re performing in these positions of public trust, we’ll lose the essence of our democracy.”

“We need to vigorously defend the freedom of the press,” he added.

GunnyFreedom
09-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Francis O’Rourke is one of the biggest hypocrites in the 2020 Dem Clown Car.

Anti Globalist
09-02-2019, 04:34 PM
How he hasn't dropped out of the race yet is beyond me.

Working Poor
09-02-2019, 04:45 PM
LOL the Breitbart reporter is married to a black woman.

You don't understand what makes a racist. A racist is anyone who is not a democrat.

Occam's Banana
09-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of hypocrisy exhibited by a candidate in U.S. presidential primaries.

According to this morning's sample, O'Rourke would be a Twinkie 35 feet long and weighing approximately 600 pounds.

https://i.imgur.com/w2i00Nb.gif

GunnyFreedom
09-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of hypocrisy exhibited by a candidate in U.S. presidential primaries.

According to this morning's sample, O'Rourke would be a Twinkie 35 feet long and weighing approximately 600 pounds.

https://i.imgur.com/w2i00Nb.gif
lmao that’s friggin great. Obviously I need to give more rep out I should have been reloaded for you by now.

Ender
09-02-2019, 07:39 PM
lmao that’s friggin great. Obviously I need to give more rep out I should have been reloaded for you by now.

Covered!