PDA

View Full Version : Social Score USA

Pauls' Revere
08-26-2019, 09:04 PM
https://www.fastcompany.com/90394048/uh-oh-silicon-valley-is-building-a-chinese-style-social-credit-system

Social credit systems are an end-run around the pesky complications of the legal system. Unlike China’s government policy, the social credit system emerging in the U.S. is enforced by private companies. If the public objects to how these laws are enforced, it can’t elect new rule-makers.

I want off this planet.

Swordsmyth
08-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Isn't this potentially slander and libel?

donnay
08-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Alex Jones was right again...he has been saying this for 20 years and called a kook for warning people about it.

Anti Federalist
08-26-2019, 10:57 PM
I was going to post this and thought somebody had already done it.

timosman
08-26-2019, 11:00 PM
You will behave in public or else. :angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrpK90bHO2U

eleganz
08-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Im already strongly considering leaving FB altogether, this would just seal the deal.

And eventually the liabilities of using google will begin to outweigh the benefits.

Most people will still use all these services though. You need a little backbone and information to want to GTFO.

Stratovarious
08-27-2019, 03:15 AM
Im already strongly considering leaving FB altogether, this would just seal the deal.

And eventually the liabilities of using google will begin to outweigh the benefits.

Most people will still use all these services though. You need a little backbone and information to want to GTFO.

I did (closed fakebook acct), 15 years ago when Alex Jones exposed the insidiously evil and dangerous practices of facebook,
and where 'it' all was heading.

timosman
08-27-2019, 04:43 AM
I did (closed fakebook acct), 15 years ago when Alex Jones exposed the insidiously evil and dangerous practices of facebook,
and where 'it' all was heading.

Right about when FB was founded? :confused:

donnay
08-27-2019, 08:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ9SG1cQ6yg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkjOST9SAUs

Slave Mentality
08-27-2019, 08:28 AM

People like me are on the way to becoming pariahs. I have never had a social media account of any kind and never will. That in itself is anti social. I feel I am putting too much out there by posting anonymously on here and I bet I am correct in that assumption.

You will become a target by not buying in. It’s easy to see that coming.

Stratovarious
08-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Right about when FB was founded? :confused:

Forgive me for not keeping a diary , and having it handy for review..... :frog:

timosman
08-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Forgive me for not keeping a diary , and having it handy for review..... :frog:

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence :tears:

Stratovarious
08-27-2019, 10:25 AM
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence :tears:

I just got a text from NSA, it was 13 years ago sept 21, 7:42am .

:frog:

TheCount
08-27-2019, 10:46 AM
Isn't this potentially slander and libel?

No

Swordsmyth
08-27-2019, 03:51 PM
No
Yes, it is.

TheCount
08-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Yes, it is.

Lemme know how your lawsuit against the credit agencies goes

Swordsmyth
08-27-2019, 08:59 PM
Lemme know how your lawsuit against the credit agencies goes
Truth is a defense against libel, if they can prove you don't pay your bills they will win.

But just saying "Joe is evil, don't hire him or sell him anything" can't be defended.

Occam's Banana
08-28-2019, 08:58 AM
Truth is a defense against libel, if they can prove you don't pay your bills they will win.

But just saying "Joe is evil, don't hire him or sell him anything" can't be defended.

It can be legally defended, because under US law, it is not libelous.

In order to to be libel, a statement must be both defamatory and objectively false.

"Joe is evil" is an opinion, and while such an opinion may be defamatory, it cannot be shown to be objectively true or false.

Hence, "Joe is evil" is not libel. (That goes for the US. In other jurisdictions, notably the UK, libel law is different.)

And assessments of credit-worthiness ("financial" or "social" or otherwise) are also opinions ...