PDA

View Full Version : Trump doesn't want regime change in Iran

Warlord
08-26-2019, 10:03 AM
"I'm looking at a really good Iran, really strong, we're not looking for regime change. You've seen how that works over the last 20 years, that hasn't been too good."

https://news.sky.com/story/oil-on-tanker-released-by-gibraltar-has-been-sold-says-iran-11794546

John Bolton wont be happy..

Sammy
08-26-2019, 10:13 AM
That's good news!

Anti Globalist
08-26-2019, 12:59 PM
It's probably gonna still happen anyway and Trump will be dragged along kicking and screaming regardless whether or not he supports it.

pao
08-26-2019, 01:04 PM
I might believe this if he go rid of Bolton.

Stratovarious
08-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Finally something reasonable out of the Trump Camp.

Swordsmyth
08-26-2019, 05:12 PM
He has said this before.

nikcers
08-26-2019, 05:14 PM
but, CNN said Trump is worse than Hitler.

tfurrh
08-26-2019, 05:18 PM
He went on to say its been done several times in the past, and it doesn't work (I took this to mean worldwide and not just in Iran).

Hopefully Venezuela left a bad taste in his mouth.

When's the last time a president said regime change doesn't work?! Who knows about follow through, but damn that was refreshing to hear.

Warlord
08-26-2019, 05:28 PM
He went on to say its been done several times in the past, and it doesn't work (I took this to mean worldwide and not just in Iran).

When's the last time a president said regime change doesn't work?! Who knows about follow through, but damn that was refreshing to hear.

It's extraordinary when you think John Bolton is a chief advisor. He's basically ignoring him!

Stratovarious
08-26-2019, 06:03 PM

I want the Trump I saw and supported during the campaign, I have been so disappointed, but he's on to
something here, maybe someone told him to go back and review the platform he used that
made America idolize him, it wasn't teh Orange Hair.

:frog:

Swordsmyth
08-27-2019, 02:49 AM
Donald Trump said Monday he’d be willing to meet Iranian President Hassan Rouhani under the “correct” circumstances to discuss their standoff over the 2015 nuclear deal the U.S. president abandoned.French President Emmanuel Macron said during a joint news conference with Trump in Biarritz, France, that he hoped to arrange a meeting between the two leaders within weeks. The American president was more cautious about a move that would signal a dramatic shift in almost a half century of broken diplomatic ties between Tehran and Washington.
Speaking at the conclusion of the Group of Seven meeting on Monday, Trump said he would meet with Rouhani “if the circumstances were correct or were right.”
“I don’t know the gentleman,” Trump said. “I think he’s going to want to meet.”
Trump also said he’d support extending what he called a “letter of credit” to Iran, secured by oil, to help the country meet short-term financial obligations, another Macron proposal. “It would be from numerous countries,” Trump said, and “it would be paid back immediately.”
The talk of allowing even limited crude sales would be a sharp shift in what has been an ever tightening series of U.S. economic sanctions on the Islamic Republic, including restrictions on the country’s oil sales. The comments followed televised remarks by Rouhani, who reiterated previous statements that he’s willing to talk.
“We must make use of any means for the interest of our country,” Rouhani said. “If I know that going to a meeting, meeting someone will lead to the progress of my country and resolve the problems of the people, I will not hold back. The principle is the national interest of our people.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-d-meet-rouhani-152454705.html

Bolton must be beating his head to a bloody pulp on the wall.:D

Swordsmyth
08-27-2019, 05:03 PM
President Donald Trump said on Monday that Iran and North Korea have "tremendous potential" he hoped to help them achieve should they reach deals with the United States.
Trump made the remarks Monday at the G7 summit in the French city of Biarritz, where he was joined by fellow leaders from Canada, the European Union, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and elsewhere. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif too arrived in the city for separate consultations with France that were apparently welcomed by Trump.
"I'm looking to have a really good Iran, really strong, we're not looking for a regime change, you've seen how that works over the last 20 years, that hasn't been too good, we're looking to make Iran rich again. Let them be rich, let them do well, if they want, or they can be poor as can be," Trump said as he spoke alongside his Egyptian counterpart.
The president made similar remarks at a joint press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron, saying he had "very good feelings" about a potential deal with Iran. Trump added: "It's a country with tremendous potential, I also say that, by the way, about North Korea."

Noting North Korea's strategic location near South Korea, China and Russia, the U.S. leader said Monday that "North Korea has tremendous economic potential and I think that Kim Jong Un sees that, he would be the leader and I think that he sees the tremendous potential that its got."
"With respect to Iran, same thing. Iran has incredible people, an incredible country potentially, location that's a little rough neighborhood, but eventually, it's going to be a beautiful neighborhood, I think it's going to work out," Trump said.
He also said it was "realistic" that he could begin sit down for talks with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in a matter of weeks, saying "I think he's going to want to meet, I think Iran wants to get their situation straightened out." He continued: "Now is that based on fact or based on gut, it's based on gut but they want to get their situation straightened out."

Back in Tehran, Rouhani hinted that he may accept such an offer if deemed to be in Iran's best interests. Without mentioning Trump by name, the Iranian leader said during a conference Monday that "if I am to meet someone and that meeting would solve the problems my country, I will not hesitate to do so because it is in the principle of national interest."

More at: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-iran-north-korea-rich-1456213

nikcers
08-27-2019, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djlaF6apAO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djlaF6apAO4