PDA

View Full Version : Secretive warfare training being staged in 21 North Carolina counties

EBounding
08-22-2019, 08:16 AM
#MAGA

Very muscular.

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/21/secretive-warfare-training-being-staged-north-carolina-counties-army-says/

NORTH CAROLINA (Mark Price/Charlotte Observer) - A series of Special Forces military training exercises -- including gunfire with blanks -- is being staged across 21 North Carolina counties starting Aug. 30, and the Army is telling the public not to be alarmed at the suspicious-looking activity.

Known as Robin Sage training, the unconventional warfare exercises can be likened to live-action role playing in the extreme, with hostile engagement playing out between Special Forces students, volunteer civilians and soldiers out of Fort Bragg. It continues through Sept. 12, said a press release.

Heavily populated counties like Wake, Cumberland and Union counties are among training sites, according to the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center at Fort Bragg.

The students will match wits with more seasoned soldiers, who will “act as realistic opposing forces and guerrilla freedom fighters,” officials said in a release.

Advance notice has become a critical part of the program since one soldier was killed and another wounded in 2002 by a Moore County deputy who mistook the exercises for criminal activity.

A similar Fort Bragg military exercise in 1997 created panic in Charlotte, when uptown residents were terrified by the sounds of 100 commandos attacking a warehouse. The “urban warfare” assault incorporated helicopters and “simulated bombs and gunfire,” the Charlotte Observer reported.

The exercises starting next week will involve engagements against a fictitious country known as Pineland, officials said. Staging areas will be largely on private land in 10 of the 21 counties, but the others may feel some impact, officials said.

The 21 counties include Alamance, Anson, Cabarrus, Chatham, Cumberland, Davidson, Davie, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Rowan, Scotland, Stanly, Union and Wake counties, officials said.

Local law enforcement agencies and government officials have been alerted, a release said.

“Residents may hear blank gunfire and see occasional flares. Controls are in place to ensure there is no risk to persons or property,” officials said. “Residents with concerns should contact local law enforcement officials, who will immediately contact exercise control officials.”

Unconventional warfare tactics call for the students to “wear civilian clothes,” but the public will be able to identify them by “a distinctive brown armband,” officials said. Vehicles will be labeled, too, along with training areas, a release noted.

“Robin Sage is the U.S. military’s premiere unconventional warfare exercise and the final test of over a year’s worth of training for aspiring Special Forces soldiers,” according to the press release.

“Candidates are placed in an environment of political instability characterized by armed conflict, forcing Soldiers to analyze and solve problems to meet the challenges of this ‘real-world’ training.”

Anti Globalist
08-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Interesting.

devil21
08-22-2019, 08:45 AM
The 21 counties include Alamance, Anson, Cabarrus, Chatham, Cumberland, Davidson, Davie, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Rowan, Scotland, Stanly, Union and Wake counties, officials said.

Interesting.

That's 99% of the land area participating in the NC9 Congressional special "re-do" election on September 10 and during the same time frame. An establishment lawyer (R) vs. An establishment Marine Corps Harvard graduate vs. Libertarian Jeff Scott (friend of mine) vs. Green Party Allen Smith. Probably nothing but worth watching for any weirdness in that area regarding the election...

(eta: Trump is also looking to visit the same area in that time frame to campaign for the establishment R candidate)

Snowball
08-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Notice the country they are drilling to conquer is PINELAND ....

a.k.a. GREENLAND.

Zippyjuan
08-22-2019, 04:44 PM

a.k.a. GREENLAND.

Expect massive resistance from the entire 56,000 people in Greenland. Better bring all your forces to bear. Nuke 'em if you have to.

“Candidates are placed in an environment of political instability characterized by armed conflict, forcing Soldiers to analyze and solve problems to meet the challenges of this ‘real-world’ training.”

Occam's Banana
08-23-2019, 02:27 AM

a.k.a. GREENLAND.

I suspect that the fictional coniferous territory in question might be a euphemism for something a bit closer to home ...

Remember these?

Uploaded to imgur, and saved locally, in case these fall down the memory hole.

http://i.imgur.com/UnoVu8a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fhhodtR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b41Z08o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WNRmC6v.jpg

Unconventional warfare tactics call for the students non-traditional threats to “wear civilian clothes,” but the public will be able to identify them by “a distinctive brown armband,” officials said. Vehicles will be labeled, too, along with training areas, a release noted.

Fixed it for them.

"No more hesitation" indeed ...

James_Madison_Lives
08-23-2019, 12:20 PM
They have this exercise regularly. Soldiers are trying to "liberate" Pineland, under enemy occupation. I notice Operation Jade Helm didn't seem to have a follow up after outcry. Soldiers were training to snatch dissidents and politicals.

pcosmar
08-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Be careful out there Forest Denizens.

devil21
08-23-2019, 07:59 PM
Also worth noting that Trump is planning on visiting the same area at the same time to campaign for the establishment R candidate in the NC9 special election I detailed a few posts up.

CCTelander
04-02-2024, 06:49 PM
///