PDA

View Full Version : Best Countries for U.S. Expatriates?

BuddyRey
07-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Clearly, this is a last resort (I'm not ready to give up the Ron Paul Revolution yet!), and I sincerely hope it doesn't come to pass, but if the reports of a "terror spectacular" projected for the coming months are credible, we should probably get to work compiling a workable list of potential expat destinations that would be hospitable to Americans/Westerners. Several months ago, I would have suggested the Republic of Ireland, but I think there's already a Central bank over there. Maybe somewhere Central/South America would be a better bet? I've also heard Portugal, Dominican Republic, Tahiti and Costa Rica are nice. I'm not being flippant when I say that this is a vitally important topic for discussion (maybe even sticky-worthy?), and we should all probably start cracking a few books and researching this.

tsoldrin
07-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, Dubai is creating artificial islands... perhaps we can start our own nation. ;)

Buy a bunch of decomissioned aircraft carriers and start a flotilla?

Seriously... most of the decent places to go are difficult to emigrate to. In any case, if you think there's somewhere you can hide from the American Empire, you're crazy. It's just a matter of time.

Ponce
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
If Ron Paul looses the election it will then be Brazil for me, for the past year I have been learning Brazilian Portuguese in order to get ready.

I will not be living anywhere near a city and that way I will assure myself of a food supply and some kind of peace.

I am single and with a few pennies to my name so to me it will be no problem to MOVE OUT.

"To be ready is not"... Ponce (but at least I can try).

Gimme Some Truth
07-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Out of interest, what countries arnt being run into the ground by central banks and fiat currency? are there any?

Gee
07-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Australia is more economically free than the US. Its got a central bank, but they actually fine them if inflation falls outside the range of 1.5% to 2.5%. I don't really think the existence of a central-bank is a deal-breaker...

Ponce
07-03-2007, 12:46 PM
You know friends, when you mention places like Australia is like the so called "survivalist" in this area who keep very little food because "Oh yeah, when the time comes I'll go out in the forest and get me a deer, or go to the lake and get some fish for free"........ hahahahahahahaha, can you guys see 1,000 rifles going after one deer? or 500 fishing poles after one poor fish???.

Think outside the circle and move to a place where no American would like to move to....... after all, the trouble to come will be BECAUSE of the Americans, are you sure that you want to live among Americans once again??? ...... and how many Americans will Australia allowed to come in.

To my way of thinking if I was from Australia would be "Shit, you guys destroyed your country and now you want to come over here and destroy mine???".

The only real solution is to elect Ron Paul in 2008..... "A vote for Ron Paul will stay in the USA"... Ponce

Captain Shays
07-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm not going anywhere. This is my country, and its well worth fighting for. Give me liberty or give me death.

Who will join us?

joenaab
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Clearly, this is a last resort (I'm not ready to give up the Ron Paul Revolution yet!), and I sincerely hope it doesn't come to pass, but if the reports of a "terror spectacular" projected for the coming months are credible, we should probably get to work compiling a workable list of potential expat destinations that would be hospitable to Americans/Westerners. Several months ago, I would have suggested the Republic of Ireland, but I think there's already a Central bank over there. Maybe somewhere Central/South America would be a better bet? I've also heard Portugal, Dominican Republic, Tahiti and Costa Rica are nice. I'm not being flippant when I say that this is a vitally important topic for discussion (maybe even sticky-worthy?), and we should all probably start cracking a few books and researching this.

No need to reinvent the wheel. This information is mature and ready online. Start with:

http://escapeartist.com/
http://internationalliving.com/

For moving your financial assets, in part or in whole, out of the country (whether you move or not), the best site I know is:

http://sovereignsociety.com/

Do the usual "follow links and threads" and you will never run short on information.

As for which destinations are best, this is a very personal decision and varies greatly from one person to another. What I did was to liquidate everything in my life that didn't fit into a suitcase and then, with a list of potential destinations in hand and an ATM card in pocket, I set off for four years of continuous travel until I found the best place for me (South Brazil, South America).

I wouldn't base such an important decision on what type of central bank the country has. Pretty much every country has a central bank in the NWO network, except for a few countries in the middle east. Plus, where you keep your financial assets and where you live and for whom you work can be in three or more different countries.

I would add a personal note in saying that I never thought my life could be so wonderful nor that I could ever be so happy until I left America. I will never live there again, but I'd like Ron Paul to win so my family and the world is safe and so I can visit now and again.

torchbearer
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm not going anywhere. This is my country, and its well worth fighting for. Give me liberty or give me death.

Who will join us?

I'm your Huckaberry!

ChooseLiberty
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Did you still keep your US citizenship and travel on a US passport?

No need to reinvent the wheel. This information is mature and ready online. Start with:

http://escapeartist.com/
http://internationalliving.com/

For moving your financial assets, in part or in whole, out of the country (whether you move or not), the best site I know is:

http://sovereignsociety.com/

Do the usual "follow links and threads" and you will never run short on information.

As for which destinations are best, this is a very personal decision and varies greatly from one person to another. What I did was to liquidate everything in my life that didn't fit into a suitcase and then, with a list of potential destinations in hand and an ATM card in pocket, I set off for four years of continuous travel until I found the best place for me (South Brazil, South America).

I wouldn't base such an important decision on what type of central bank the country has. Pretty much every country has a central bank in the NWO network, except for a few countries in the middle east. Plus, where you keep your financial assets and where you live and for whom you work can be in three or more different countries.

I would add a personal note in saying that I never thought my life could be so wonderful nor that I could ever be so happy until I left America. I will never live there again, but I'd like Ron Paul to win so my family and the world is safe and so I can visit now and again.

Ponce
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
The only two ways that you can loose your citicenship are if your were to walk in a US embassy overseas and tell they that you no longer want to be a citizen of the US and TURN IN YOUR US PASSPORT....... and another way is to fight with another country AGAINST the US.

Unless you are an American-Israeli in wich case we will love you no matter what, you can rape my kid, kill my son slap my wife......what ever, I will still love you :rolleyes:

Gee
07-03-2007, 03:12 PM
What exactly do you dislike about living in America vs. other locations?

Kregener
07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't run...you will just die tired.

Australia has been disarmed. Nix that idea.

austinphish
07-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Joenaab - tell us more!

joenaab
07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Did you still keep your US citizenship and travel on a US passport?

I settled in Brazil almost four years ago and got a "business investors permanent visa" 2.5 years ago. In 2.5 years I can apply for residency and a passport. For now, my only passport is my U.S. passport. I can keep two passports if I want, I can stay in Brazil permanently with only a U.S. passport if I want, or I can surrender my U.S. passport once I have the Brazilian passport.

There are other ways to stay permanently in Brazil. Every country has different rules. Many even have periodic blanket amnesty, as the U.S. does.

joenaab
07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
What exactly do you dislike about living in America vs. other locations?

I'm not sure if you were asking with a little attitude, so let me say that I'm not an America-hater at all. Not everyone can live outside their home country so it is very much a personal decision. I left with the idea that if I didn't find a place I enjoyed more, I could come back and start over.

I was 35 when I decided to leave. I was fortunate to have never married. I had a weak romantic life, but I'm easy enough on the eyes. I had less money to my name than the price of a one-bedroom 600 SqFt apartment in downtown Seattle at the time. It's been almost eight years and I haven't worked a day since. I own a beautiful home on a quarter acre inside a gated neighborhood on a gorgeous beach on a tropical island filled with the most beautiful women that Brazil has to offer, who also happen to outnumber the men five to one. This island has been voted the most desirable place to live by Brazilians for six years straight. Oh, and my property tax is $40 a month.

I've never felt more free. There are no policemen anywhere. You can drive how you like, roll through stops signs, double park, make u-turns wherever you want, smoke a joint on the beach, drink a beer in the street and so much more. I spent at least two months in a dozen or more countries and I felt more free in everyone of them than I ever felt in the States. The media does a great job of convincing you to stay by making you think life in America is so much better than anywhere else!

People all over south America are very nice, happy and at ease. Americans are so terribly stressed out and it's contagious. They are unhappy and unhealthy and it's contagious. My friends were so busy we rarely had time to hang out. My life was so fast paced that I could never relax and unwind. For the first couple years of travel I'd still wake up every morning in a panic thinking I had a million things to do.

My religion was explicitly illegal to practice in the U.S., but is explicity legal here. The weather is gorgeous and food is very cheap and good with much less toxicity than food in the States. I get five pieces of mail per month. No telemarketers call me. I go to bed when I'm tired and I wake up without an alarm clock. I take a nap almost every day. I am in better health and feel younger than I was/did ten years ago. I don't audition for women, they audition for me. Every woman I've dated has been hotter and more fun than any American woman I ever dated. They are smart and cool, too.

I'll stop here. I can go on forever, truly. Ask any questions you guys have.

angelatc
07-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I hear ya. Americans don't really know what "free"means any more.

Did you speak Spanish when you got there? I love Brazil, but getting a job there would seem unlikely because I'm not bilingual.

B964
07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
If the worst happens and we do not get Ron Paul elected, I would not leave. I would hope this is not the end all election, but the beginning of a new America. We would need to continue this trend of awareness and continue to involve more people. I for one am not going to stop even if Paul does not win. I belive someday history classes will learn 2007 was the year that free comunication via the internet started the 2nd American revolution, and was the greatest revolt that did not shed any blood.
Whatever happens in this election, "Stay The Course", and do not give up the dream, EVER.

joenaab
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I hear ya. Americans don't really know what "free"means any more.

Did you speak Spanish when you got there? I love Brazil, but getting a job there would seem unlikely because I'm not bilingual.

In Brazil they speak Portuguese and, no, I didn't speak it before I got here. I spoke spanish pretty well by then and they are similar. With daily study in the country where the language is spoken a person can become advanced conversational in 2-3 months. Spanish, Portguese and Italian are the three easiest languages for English speakers to learn. There are 22 countries that speak Spanish and six that speak Portuguese. Those who speak Portuguese can understand Spanish, but can't speak it. Those who speak Spanish can neither speak nor understand Portuguese. This is one reason why I chose to live in South America. I can now communicate with anyone in any country in the Western Hemisphere.

For people who don't have money saved up, leaving America can be very difficult. If you can work remotely then there's a chance, but you could lose your job and be stuck. This is why I said earlier that the people leaving are well-monied and/or entrepreneurial minded. You have to be. Baby boomers with more than a million bucks are fleeing the country in droves, - literally by the millions since I left seven years ago. However, there are plenty leaving who have low six-figure net worths. Your options change, but you still have options.

One thing anyone can do to prepare now is to learn to live a modest life with light consumption. The less I consume the happier I become. The happiest people that I see in the world are always where people have the least (but not where they have next to nothing).

constituent
07-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Texas - One and Indivisible!

SeekLiberty
07-03-2007, 09:02 PM

If everything suddenly goes to hell, and there isn't enough time to do the actions I posted further below ...

... then I suggest one buy this book as a survival manual by one who's survived through tyranny himself.

"Picking Up The Pieces: Practical Guide for Surviving Economic Crashes, Internal Unrest and Military Suppression" by Sorcha Faal and David Booth

- SL

For Thinkers about the Future of Liberty:

If one really cares about Liberty, it's going to take an ALL-prong attack to get our Liberty back. Ron Paul can't save our American Republic. Those whom really believe that are narrow minded. What heresy of me! :rolleyes:

But understand, Free Republics don't work that way. They require the consistent active participation of WE THE PEOPLE. That's how we lost our Republic in the first place! ("a Republic if you can keep it! - Ben Franlkin") What do you imagine old Benny meant? He meant "if YOU can keep it". He understood that it's going to take active participation of the correct actions of WE THE PEOPLE.

This campaign isn't "about Ron Paul" ... the message is about FREEDOM and saving our Republic that's in shreds right now ... "in remnant status" as Ron Paul would say.

Do you think Ron Paul, as President, can get Congress to change by HIMSELF? He has NO other Constitutional authority as President OTHER THAN to EXECUTE the will of Congress ... NOTHING MORE aside from Vetoe power but Congress can over-ride that too!

Just because Bush has taken a rebellous dictatorial role assuming "powers" he does not have as President, do you think Ron Paul will do the same? No way. He will follow his role as President to the "T" according to our Constitution. Ron knows that as our President, he is not "the boss" of the several united States of America.

The role of President in the Executive branch is to simply carry out his duties to execute the laws in government according to the Constitutional laws of our land. Of course, he will not carry out ANYTHING UNconstitutional.

The most we can hope for with him as President is a huge break from some major psycho chaos caused by our past presidents and Congress ... for another 8 years. But then our Country can easily sink back into more of the same we're getting now if WE THE PEOPLE just relax after his election.

To run a Free Republic (we ARE the "self government", you know - we're THE BOSS) WE THE PEOPLE have to be active at every level from local, to State, and to federal.

To BE FREE takes consistent individual work and the cooperation of EVERY American.

So BESIDES trying to help get Ron Paul elected, ask yourself; What am I doing about my Freedom, now? What are my plans to ensure our Liberty for generations to come?

If Ron Paul doesn't get elected, will you just run from the problem and flee to another Country? I don't think that's the correct answer for us. Of course, everybody has the Freedom to be a coward. But is it the RIGHT thing to do?

So what ARE you doing right now, and what WILL you do to seek and defend Liberty?

From the looks of it, many are underestimating what it's really going to take to restore our Republic and Liberty in America. Simply electing the right man for the job of Presidency is just the beginning.

We have a "gang of 535" (excluding Ron) in D.C. that we're all going up against. Luckily, it won't be that hard to do exert our will if everybody can get organized to FORCE this gang to truly represent us, and be the public servants that WE THE PEOPLE (the BOSS) have hired them to be and do the job they're only authorized by WE THE PEOPLE to do ... to uphold our Constitution for these several united States of America.

Let's take a look and see what other long-range thinkers are doing about this, right now:

First, they are getting themselves educated on the basic and sound principles of Liberty, and not only simply reading our Constitution but studying it until they KNOW it.

The best book I've discovered for learning our Constitution is ...

"The Making of America: The Substance and Meaning of the Constitution" by W. Cleaon Skousen

http://www.amazon.com/Making-America-Substance-Meaning-Constitution/dp/0880800178/ref=sr_1_1/002-8267830-3940011?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183497916&sr=8-1

Next ...

Many believe that to Free our Country will have to be done ONE STATE at a time, starting at small local levels. Currently, there are two Free State projects going on (that I'm aware).

Free State New Hampshire:

http://www.freestateproject.org/

and ...

Free State Wyoming: (which I'm participating in)

http://freestatewyoming.org/

For a fun novel about a realistic plan to free the state of Wyoming, read this educational book ...

Molon Labe! -- Come and Take Them! by Boston T. Party

http://www.amazon.com/Molon-Labe-Come-Take-Them/dp/1888766077/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8267830-3940011?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183498500&sr=1-1

This how-to book will give you a realistic VISION on how we can do this.

Next ...

How are we going to get control of the "Gang of 535" (minus Ron Paul of course) and ENFORCE that they carry out the will of WE THE PEOPLE?

There's only ONE WAY that I and others see how this can be done Constitutionally without an armed revolt. The only appropriate, proper, and CORRECT Constitutional plan is listed in this brand new manual ...

Constitutional Homeland Security: A Call for Americans to Revitalize the Militia of the Several States. Volume I, The Nation in Arms" by Edwin Vieira

http://www.amazon.com/Constitutional-Homeland-Security-Americans-Revitalize/dp/0967175925/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8267830-3940011?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183498909&sr=1-1

This manual is a Step-by-Step action plan for those 16 to 60 years of age. There's nothing else written out there like this.

Buy and study the book and start implementing this action plan, now. It's the only way to ensure the restoration of our American Republic and the continuation of it in future generations.

Cheers to Liberty!

- SL