PDA

View Full Version : Steve King: Rape and incest 'aided population growth'

Zippyjuan
08-14-2019, 03:19 PM
Should we have more rape and incest so that humans don't die out?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49349794?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story

Democrats are calling for a Republican congressman to resign after he defended abortion bans by saying that humankind might not exist but for rape or incest.

Without rape or incest "would there be any population of the world left?" nine-term lawmaker Steve King asked the Des Moines Register newspaper.

Mr King was defending anti-abortion legislation that does not make exceptions for rape or incest.

Democrats Kirsten Gillibrand and Bernie Sanders soon demanded he step down.

"You are a disgrace. Resign," Ms Gillibrand wrote on Twitter. Her remarks were quickly echoed by other 2020 Democratic hopefuls Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke and Julián Castro.

A Republican lawmaker, Iowa state Senator Randy Feenstra, also criticised Mr King's remarks.

On Wednesday, Mr King told the Des Moines Register that the Republican leadership had stopped bills he sponsored banning abortions from advancing through the US House of Representatives.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" Mr King said on Wednesday.

"Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

Mr King has earned a reputation for his incendiary comments. The Iowa congressman was already stripped of his committee assignments by his Republican colleagues in Congress last month, after the New York Times published an interview in which the congressman questioned how the phrases "white nationalism" and "white supremacy" had become offensive.

After he was disciplined, Mr King compared himself to Jesus Christ.

I guess he is right. For Adam and Eve's kids to have children themselves, they would have had to commit incest. Lot's own daughters raped him so they could have kids after they fled Sodom.

RJB
08-14-2019, 03:49 PM
In some ways he is correct. The gene for red hair is very prominent along Viking routes, for instance.

tfurrh
08-14-2019, 03:50 PM
In some ways he is correct. The gene for red hair is very prominent along Viking routes, for instance.

It is believed by some that Adam was red headed.

Schifference
08-14-2019, 03:54 PM
If Adam and Eve were the first and only humans and all mankind are their descendants then incest happened.

RJB
08-14-2019, 03:54 PM
It is believed by some that Adam was red headed.

I am married to a red head. I have no doubt she is all Viking.

Anti Globalist
08-14-2019, 03:58 PM
My mother has red hair but thats because shes been dyeing it that color for the past 30+ years. Originally her hair was brown.

tfurrh
08-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Those who claim to have caught a glimpse of tfurrh, say its hair is a handsome red (NOT ORANGE!!!).

Schifference
08-14-2019, 04:23 PM
Donald a viking?

Swordsmyth
08-14-2019, 06:36 PM
This is a stupid way to argue the point.

The important point is that the child did nothing to deserve death.

Kill the rapist not the child.