PDA

View Full Version : Need help with letter to local paper.

mmink15
12-14-2007, 11:29 AM
In Lancaster PA our local newspaper refuses to mention Ron Paul(no surprise there) help take my first draft of a letter to the editor and help me make it as effective and concise as possible. Thanks to caseforronpaul.com for the statistics.

Letter to the editor
I am writing to address your publications lack of coverage about Ron Paul's candidacy. As far as I know, Ron Paul is the only politician to have an active meetup group in Lancaster. Despite low poll numbers, Ron Paul has finished 1st in 54% (25 of 46) of straw polls, has more than doubled his campaign donations in each quarter this year(while receiving $0 from lobbyists), leads all candidates in donations from active troops, has almost 80,000 active members in meetup groups across the country, not to mention a consistent 10 year voting record that is legendary in Washington. Ronald Reagan once said about Ron Paul, "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As an Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first." However, the readers of your publication remain unaware of these facts.
Michael M
Lancaster PA

I know I'm not a great writer so tear this up I want it to be effective.

mmink15
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
shameless bump, I know people are preoccupied with the blimp but I do really want feedback

surf
12-14-2007, 11:38 AM
gramatically: quotes at the end of the Reagan quote. Split it into paragraphs.

i've had about a dozen or more letters referencing some historic or principled act taken by Dr. Paul printed in the last 5 or 6 years and they all have one thing in common: quotes from Dr. Paul's writing or speeches.

At least in the major Seattle papers, quoting someone seems to add credence to letters. I'd try and work in one of the quotes from a fellow congressman regarding Ron's principled voting record, or a quote from him about "simply follow the constitution."

mavtek
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Pretty good letter, could use a little more detail on why you support Ron Paul.

mmink15
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for feedback, gotta head to work I will put up second draft tonight keep those thoughts coming in please.