PDA

View Full Version : I got an A+ in Econ 103

Mental Dribble
12-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I got my final grade today! A+!!! On Macro Economics!

I go to GMU, we have two nobel prize winning economist teacher here. Its a big school on public choice.

Bradley in DC
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Congrats.

They have (or had) an Austrian track too. Cafe Hayek and EconTalk are based there.

fsk
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Does that mean you learned True Economics well, or does that mean you're certified brainwashed?

Quick test: According to your economics class, is the Federal reserve (a) Good for the economy (b) Bad for the economy (c) a evil scourge that needs to be eliminated?

Chester Copperpot
12-14-2007, 09:48 PM
C'mon everybody knows we need the federal reserve to stabilize the markets and control inflation.

Pliny
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I actually had a good economic professor who lectured on the dangers of the fractional reserve system. I remember thinking at the time (because I was already interested in economics and had studied the issue on my own prior to college) that he was teaching a subject in a way that most "mainstream" economists would consider taboo. Too bad everyone in there was half asleep. Of course, considering Dr. Paul's popularity on the economics issue maybe they cared more than I realized.

Johnnybags
12-15-2007, 05:41 PM
there is no efficient market theory that works and we will all be Mormons, taking a second and third spouse to pay for the world empire giving. I am starting to think Polygamists are onto something. There is no free markets with Federal printing of money at will. Man is too imperfect a creature to administer such a cartel.

user
12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I have no idea how Ron Paul's economic message is so popular, I guess colleges haven't done as much brainwashing as we thought.

hillertexas
12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
congrats

dvictr
12-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Does that mean you learned True Economics well, or does that mean you're certified brainwashed?

hey if you dont mind im gonna use that as the title of my paper... or a variation of that...

fsk
12-15-2007, 10:42 PM
hey if you dont mind im gonna use that as the title of my paper... or a variation of that...

No, I don't care. However, if you do publish it on the Internet, I'd appreciate a citation.