PDA

View Full Version : How to win against gun control:

Matt Collins
08-09-2019, 06:21 AM
Logical, rational, and reasoned debate will not stop the advance of gun control.

Only brute political force will.

Trying to convince, or educate others (including legislators) will not work. Quit trying to prove your point.

Instead, mobilize others to put direct political pressure on your state and federal legislators reminding them that there will be political consequences for supporting any type of gun control.

PAF
08-09-2019, 07:37 AM
I posted this in another thread, it applies here:

Folks are afraid of what they are not accustomed to. I think if more gun-toting folks walked around armed, not so blatantly of course, but respectful, perhaps over time folks won’t think so negatively about it.

I was standing in line a few weeks ago when the lady in front of me got freaked out. I explained to her that I wished more girls would have something in their purses to fend off creepy guys and potential rapists. After we talked about it she became more relaxed and said she might mention it to her adult granddaughter who is in college.

To me that was a huge score ;-)

Oh, and if you still vote, run for or elect a Constitutional Sheriff, and form/join a local Militia.

EBounding
08-09-2019, 08:47 AM
What about Trusting the Plan?

dannno
08-09-2019, 08:55 AM
What about Trusting the Plan?

I'd actually prefer to see a big pushback from the population against this, whether or not it's part of the 'plan'.

Anti Federalist
08-09-2019, 09:06 AM
Matt an I don't agree on much, but we agree on this.

TheTexan
08-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Matt an I don't agree on much, but we agree on this.

I think we can all agree that voting really hard is the best way to protect our rights :up:

fedupinmo
08-09-2019, 09:41 AM
My favorite is, "he's just doing it so SCOTUS can strike it down".

brushfire
08-09-2019, 09:44 AM
My favorite is, "he's just doing it so SCOTUS can strike it down".
100d chess

Anti Federalist
08-09-2019, 09:56 AM
I think we can all agree that voting really hard is the best way to protect our rights :up:

LOL - I meant this bit:

Logical, rational, and reasoned debate will not stop the advance of gun control.

Trying to convince, or educate others (including legislators) will not work. Quit trying to prove your point.

Matt Collins
08-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Voting is only one portion of the fight. By the time you get to the ballot box, the outcome is usually pre-determined or really close.

Swordsmyth
08-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Voting is only one potion of the fight.

Potions are nice but I prefer armor and weapons.

Stratovarious
08-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Secret Ballots as always so we can protect manipulate Citizens Citizen's votes.

''Vote Harder''

GOA sends me alerts to senators etc, that might help, I don't think voting for a 'given' candidate does much unless
its a sincere Rand or someone like that, otherwise they're crooked fks 'in on it' all of them.

Anti Federalist
08-09-2019, 08:08 PM
The people of NH were able to back up Gov Chris Sununu, as he vetoed three anti gun bills today.

Dear Anti Federalist,

Our Governor is a man of his word.

Governor Sununu has vetoed all three anti-gun bills that have come to his desk this week despite relentless pressure from the Bloomberg-funded, radical, anti-gun groups in New Hampshire, including a rally/press conference at the State House to bully the Governor into signing three anti-gun bills.

HB 109, “Sell a gun to a friend and go to jail”;

HB 514, “Buy a gun, go home without it”,

HB 564, “Criminal safe schools”;

THANK YOU GOVERNOR CHRIS SUNUNU!

The lefty’s and anti-liberty folk were quick to exploit the tragedies in Ohio and Texas for their own political opportunism. Instead of focusing on real solutions, the left went right for the guns.

Governor Sununu held firm to his word and gave all three bills the BIG FAT RED VETO they deserve, however our work is not done. These bills are not dead until the Veto is sustained.

Your voice was heard, and your calls to the Governor's office let him know that he has your support when he takes a stand for our second amendment rights.

The fight is not over.

The bills are headed back to the legislature and the veto could be overturned by a 2/3 vote. You must make your voice heard again by calling and email your state representative and state senators TODAY. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/default.aspx

Remind your legislator that not one of the measures proposed by these bills would have stopped the hateful events in Ohio or Texas. CRIMINALS do not obey laws, so these changes will only disarm the law abiding citizens of NH. These potential changes would only make it harder for the law abiding to protect themselves and their families. Please remind your legislators that these bills are as logical as punishing all drivers for the actions of a few drunks and drug users who have killed people while
behind the wheel.

None of the bills will make New Hampshire a safer state.

Call to Action:

1. Call the Governor's office at 271-2121, Thank him for vetoing these
three anti-gun bills ( HB109, HB514, HB564).

2. Call or email your legislators.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/default.aspx

3. Talk to your friends, ask them to call their representatives as well.

==>Talk to your Pro-Second Amendment friends, tell them you’ve called the Governor's office and why, then ask them to call him as well. I would also ask that you share this link so they can sign up for our alerts. NHFirearms.Org

In liberty,
Paul Marquis
Vice President - NHFC, Inc. https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/