PDA

View Full Version : Death penalty for double social faux-pas!

tod evans
08-09-2019, 05:22 AM
Surely the vilians in these cases must be publically executed!

Slowly and painfully, especially if their skin is pink.

From Drudge;

A second black transgender woman is killed in South Carolina in two weeks

https://www.union-bulletin.com/news/national/a-second-black-transgender-woman-is-killed-in-south-carolina/article_473a10a5-cacd-5f57-8c0b-8d5dd0f93c27.html

Pebbles LaDime Doe was killed in rural Allendale, S.C., on Aug. 4, making her the second black transgender woman murdered in the state in two weeks, advocates say.

She is the 14th transgender woman, all of whom were black, to be killed in the United States this year, according to the Human Rights Campaign.

A passer-by found Doe’s body in a car that Sunday afternoon, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division spokeswoman Kathryn Richardson said.

The Allendale County Sheriff’s Office requested SLED’s help investigating the murder, according to Richardson. The sheriff’s office declined to comment.

Doe’s murder came 15 days after Denali Berries Stuckey, another black transgender woman, was shot and killed in North Charleston. The 29-year-old was found dead in a street at about 4 a.m. July 20, The State newspaper reported. Stuckey’s case remains unsolved.

“I’m devastated by the news of Dime Doe’s murder in Allendale County. While our community is still reeling from the murder of one of our transgender sisters in North Charleston just two weeks ago, we now learn that a second black trans woman has been murdered not even one hundred miles away,” said Glenn Chase, director of the Alliance For Full Acceptance in Charleston.

“We are sounding the alarm — we are in an absolute state of emergency for black transgender women,” Chase said in a statement.

It’s unclear what led to Dime’s death, Chase said, but “we do know that often, the crimes against trans women of color are fueled by anti-LGBTQ prejudice, racism and misogyny. Black trans women live at the intersection of multiple marginalized identities, are too often treated as disposable, and are experiencing epidemic levels of violence.”

In the days since her death, Doe’s friends and family have taken to social media to express their shock and sadness.

“To know #Dime was to love #Dime!!” Shidaa Mincy said on Facebook. “Pebbles LaDime Doe always showed love and supported me!”

“I don’t believe it’s fair for ANY parent to have to bury their child like this at all.. No matter what lifestyle a person may live or be about, no one should get away with playing God.. Put the guns down and put ya fists up, at least you’ll live to see another day,” Ny Hodge Ridder said on Facebook. “We gonna miss you and your bright personality.”

Funeral arrangements have not yet been completed, according to Dime’s obituary.

TheCount
08-09-2019, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure what your point is.