PDA

View Full Version : Just had an amazing moment

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I just picked my daughter up from her pre-school and was starting my truck when I heard a voice yell "stop". So I stopped and put my window down and an older woman came running up to the window and said "where did you get that Ron Paul sticker" so I told her about ordering it from the website (which she had never been to) and asked if she was a Ron Paul supporter. Her reply was "Oh my yes! My entire family is voting for that man and my brother even went to Philadelphia a few weeks ago to hear him speak". So I filled her in on the PBS special tonight, the tea party, the campaign site, the blimp, etc

I live in Caroline County,MD which is traditionally Republican and is a neo-con stronghold.. or maybe I should say "WAS" a neo-con stronghold. This area is usually busting with campaign signs and bumper stickers but THE ONLY signs and stickers in this town are for Ron Paul. There is literally nothing for any other candidate, Republican or Democrat and this was not the first time I have been approached about Ron Paul or shown some type of solidarity from anywhere else.

I always felt in my heart that we could win but honest to God I think we are going to take this little County and if we can win it here than we can win it anywhere.

hellah10
12-14-2007, 11:07 AM
awesome story... thanks for sharing!!

hopeforamerica
12-14-2007, 11:07 AM
This is why I always have a few extra bumper sticker in my car!

Mental Dribble
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Its moments like this that help us keep marching on.

hillertexas
awesome!

robertwerden
there is a PBS special on tonight? whats the info?

dsentell
12-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Wonderful Story!!!

Thanks for sharing!

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-14-2007, 11:10 AM
B-E-A-utiful!!!

1913_to_2008
12-14-2007, 11:10 AM
This is why I always have a few extra bumper sticker in my car!

Yeah, I always have bumper stickers and slim jims. In an awesome experience like this guy had today. I would usually give them about 25 slim jims and a few bumper stickers.

When I go out campaigning at Green Bay Packer games, if I run into someone like the lady he ran into I do the same. Just because I know that they will most likely use the slim jims to promote him more to their friends or who ever.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
there is a PBS special on tonight? whats the info?
Not a special, per se, but the topic of Now tonight is the Ron Paul Phenomenon. There's an interview with Trevor, Philly rally coverage, and discussion by some pundits. There's a preview on the PBS site that's about 7 minutes long.

thumbto
12-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Me too. I ordered 100 bumper stickers and keep them in my car. Much easier to hand them out than make people go and order one online!

ursamajor
12-14-2007, 11:17 AM
so rewarding.

bomgoat
12-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Awesome story. Reading stuff like this gives me great hope! Thank you.

gb13
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
That is so awesome!

Cindy
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
The same thing happened to me waiting outside of my daughters taekwondo class. A woman knocked on the window wanting to know where i got my magnetic signs. I gave her a bunch of lit I had in my car and told her to go to the Ron Paul store for them. The lit also had the teaparty info on it. She said her and her husband are voting for Paul (veryexcited she was) She said, he decided that they were no longer going to vote for the lesser evil and wanted to vote for a greater good this time.

Another guy knocked on my window that night too asking about Paul, though he seemed to be playiong dumb and using me to convince his war mongering son, that we need to just come home. That encounter was just wierd.

No excuses left not to have Ron Paul on and in your car. Use the teaparty to order magnetic and regular bumper stickers and a pack of slim Jims for handing out.

Brennon
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
The same thing happened to me waiting outside of my daughters taekwondo class. A woman knocked on the window wanting to know where i got my magnetic signs. I gave her a bunch of lit I had in my car and told her to go to the Ron Paul store for them. The lit also had the teaparty info on it. She said her and her husband are voting for Paul (veryexcited she was) She said, he decided that they were no longer going to vote for the lesser evil and wanted to vote for a greater good this time.

Another guy knocked on my window that night too asking about Paul, though he seemed to be playiong dumb and using me to convince his war mongering son, that we need to just come home. That encounter was just wierd.

No excuses left not to have Ron Paul on and in your car. Use the teaparty to order magnetic and regular bumper stickers and a pack of slim Jims for handing out.

Bumper stickers I can do, but some of us DO have an excuse for no magnetic sign. Not everyone's car is made of metal. :)

Pete Kay
12-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Stories like this are great.

I work for the phone company and I have been noticing Ron Paul signs all over town here in Charlotte, NC. The past few days I have been stopping at people's houses with signs. They see my company truck and come out wondering what's going on. I tell them, "I'm just stopping by to thank you for your support and remind you to remember the 16th." Of course every house that I've been to knows about the 16th.

Question_Authority
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I keep small yard signs, slim jims, buttons, bumper stickers, DVDs and then I load up anyone who supports him. Even if they only have an apartment, give them a sign for their window. If they are homeless, give them a sign to place in their windshield or back window when they are parked somewhere. :)

rollingpig
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
great story