PDA

View Full Version : before you collect money again - STATE EXPLICITLY WHAT YOU CAN DO

Frankie Lee
12-14-2007, 11:03 AM
What was promised on the website when collecting donations is completely different then what was given to us. I remember last friday everyone shouting that we needed the money on that day to get the blimp to boston. This is how they got the majority of their money. If people knew a week from then the blimp would be farting around without one of it's banners in south carolina...they WOULD NOT HAVE DONATED. So please consider this next time, plan things out..maybe?

Exponent
12-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm more than satisfied with how things have turned out and how my money is being spent. And I suspect I am far from alone in this sentiment, too.

quantized
12-14-2007, 11:27 AM
as what some poster pointed out, we already gotten our investement back with all the media coverage. The rest are bonus :) Just have to be grateful sometimes.. Like the rolling stones song goes... you can't always get what you want, but you get what you need.:D

Cardinal Red
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I appreciate the concern-- but there was certainly no intent to decieve-- I think the hardest part is now done and we are well underway.

As I've explained in a previous post (and I was not involved in the blimp project) the free media coverage we have gotten for the blimp already has more than justified the money we spent. Everything else is just gravy.

troyd1
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
That is what happens when you try to do a 3 month project in 2 weeks. If not for the weather, it would have been done on time. All in all I think it came out well. Just because one banner is not on there yet is no big deal and will be rectified soon.

rrroae
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
You have a valid point Frankie Lee but there's nothing that can be done about the weather.

Just one of those variables we have to live with but at least that big beautiful blimp is up in the air!!

amistybleu
12-14-2007, 12:38 PM
These guys did what most corporations couldn't achieve in months and for that I applaud them all, Asking people to be held to absolutes is absurd as we live in a world where adaptation is crucial to accomplishment. Maybe they should send the blimp into a horrible winter storm to entertain the idea that what was said must be delivered even at the peril of the crew, and happy supporters that can see the huge benefit of having that blimp in the air over a TEMPORARY safe haven.

Bottom line is common sense is ruling here as it should.

UtahApocalypse
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
That is what happens when you try to do a 3 month project in 2 weeks. If not for the weather, it would have been done on time. All in all I think it came out well. Just because one banner is not on there yet is no big deal and will be rectified soon.

Weather?? LMAO yeah that may have kept it from Boston but has NOTHING to do with the fact the banners were not even ready or there. The blimp would not have launched until today if it had been a glorious summer week. And it still would have only ne banner. That Weathe excuse is pure crap for the lies this company made.

dmspilot00
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM
That Weather excuse is pure crap for the lies this company made.

Exactly, the wind this afternoon has been betwee THREE and SIX knots! But, despite saying that they could remove the blimp from the hanger in winds of SEVEN knots or less, they said that today's wind conditions made that "impossible." Is 3 less than 7? Is 6 less than 7? How the hell is that impossible! Yet we have insane wackos saying it could have been stuck in the hangar for a week or even three!

bolidew
12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Half of the crowd this blimp passed by do NOT know what it is about, because all they see is the blank side.
Sad.

MicroBalrog
12-14-2007, 04:20 PM
THe blimp's main function is to gather media attention.

Far more people heard about the blimp (and thus Ron Paul) on the Situation Room or on Carson's show than saw it live.

Consider it in this vein:

How much does it cost to buy a 30-second ad on MSNBC or CNN, on prime time no less? Likely at least $20,000. Every mention like that is worth at least as much to us. Should the blimp be discussed by prime-time MSM personalities for five minutes in total, it'll have paid for itself in terms of exposure.

And we all know it'll get more.