PDA

View Full Version : Assault knife attack, Ca.

tod evans
08-08-2019, 10:10 AM
From Drudge;

Another "Mass shooting homicide"

4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

https://apnews.com/5e44f7bd106f4fce8da21c2c11f334fc

A man who was “full of anger” went on a two-hour stabbing and robbery rampage in Southern California, killing four people and wounding two others, authorities said Wednesday.

The 33-year-old Garden Grove man was taken into custody after he came out of a 7-Eleven in Santa Ana, southeast of Los Angeles, and dropped a knife along with a handgun that he had taken from a guard, police said.

The violence appeared to be random and the only known motives seem to be “robbery, hate, homicide,” Garden Grove police Lt. Carl Whitney said at a news conference.

“We know this guy was full of anger and he harmed a lot of people tonight,” he said.

The suspect and all the victims were Hispanic, he added. (Which means no MSM coverage)

The attacks on more than a half-dozen places took place over about two hours in Garden Grove and neighboring Santa Ana.

The two people who were injured were listed in stable condition late Wednesday night and were expected to survive, Whitney said.

Detectives were interviewing the man and also expected to be at the various crime scenes through the night in order to collect evidence for a court case, Whitney said. Surveillance cameras caught some of the carnage.

“We have video showing him attacking these people and conducting these murders,” he said.

Whitney said the man lived in a Garden Grove apartment building where he stabbed two men during some kind of confrontation. One man died inside an apartment and another was found wounded on the balcony and died at a hospital.

Whitney said a bakery also was robbed.

The owner, who asked not to be identified, told KCAL-TV that she was charging her cellphone at about 4 p.m. when the man drove up and apparently mistook her for a customer.

“He went directly to the register and tried to open the register ... he showed me a gun,” she said. He took all the money and fled.

“I think I was very lucky because he thought I was a customer, not the owner,” she said.

The man also robbed an insurance business, where a 54-year-old employee was stabbed several times and was expected to survive.

He was armed with “some sort of machete knives” when he confronted the woman, Whitney said.

The woman “was very brave,” Whitney said. “She fought as best she could.”

An alarm company saw the robbery on a live television feed and called police.

“They could see that the female victim was on the ground with blood and multiple injuries,” Whitney said.

The man fled with cash and also robbed a check-cashing business next door, the lieutenant said.

Shortly after 6 p.m., the attacker drove up to a Chevron station, where he attacked a man pumping gas “for no reason,” Whitney said. “There was no robbery.”

The man was stabbed in the back and “his nose was nearly severed off his face,” the lieutenant said. Bystanders rushed to help the man, he said.

Undercover detectives tracked the suspect’s silver Mercedes to the parking lot of the 7-Eleven store in Santa Ana and within a minute of their arrival the man came out of the store, carrying a large knife and a gun that he had cut from the belt of a security guard after stabbing him, Whitney said.

The man had followed the guard into the store and stabbed him several times during a confrontation, Whitney said.

Police ordered the man to drop his weapons and he complied and was arrested.

Police then learned that a male employee of a nearby Subway restaurant also had been fatally stabbed during a robbery, Whitney said.

The brutal and puzzling attack came just days after a pair of mass shootings in Texas and Ohio left 31 people dead and stunned the nation. The shooter in El Paso, Texas, apparently posted an anti-immigrant screed before killing 22 people at a Walmart on Saturday. Less than a day later, a man opened fire on a Dayton, Ohio, entertainment district, killing nine people before police shot him dead.

phill4paul
08-08-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry sir, there will be a two week waiting period on your purchase of this cutlery set.

tod evans
08-08-2019, 10:28 AM
I'm sorry sir, there will be a two week waiting period on your purchase of this cutlery set.

The black handles have been outlawed for the children's safety.

phill4paul
08-08-2019, 10:44 AM
The black handles have been outlawed for the children's safety.

The founding fathers never believed a knife would have this kind of capability. Stainless steel? If they had known they would have outlawed them.

Stratovarious
08-08-2019, 10:46 AM
TEX will be here soon to defend our right to bear knives for because the 2nd A is about hunting :frog: texan

Stratovarious
08-08-2019, 10:49 AM
''The suspect and all the victims were Hispanic''

Cnn ; Racially motivated, White supremacists.

Dr.3D
08-08-2019, 10:50 AM
TEX will be here soon to defend our right to bear knives for because the 2nd A is about hunting :frog: texan
Well, hunting knives are a necessary part of hunting.

Stratovarious
08-08-2019, 10:55 AM

That wasn't the point, he (sarcastically) claims that the 2nd A is about hunting, how could
you not get that , it's far from being about hunting, its about defending against
despot , rogue govts like what we have today , self preservation as well as hunting though
hunting is not actually mentioned anywhere that I've seen.

phill4paul
08-08-2019, 11:23 AM
That wasn't the point, he (sarcastically) claims that the 2nd A is about hunting, how could
you not get that , it's far from being about hunting, its about defending against
despot , rogue govts like what we have today , self preservation as well as hunting though

Pretty sure doc knows well and was just playing along. Lol.

Dr.3D
08-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Long range assault knife...
https://s17-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.bogley.com%2Fforum%2 Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D65196&sp=f453c1a8a6df63e317bd8df05d721bc7

Anti Globalist
08-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Time to call for knife control.

Stratovarious
08-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Pretty sure doc knows well and was just playing along. Lol.

I hope so, excuse me, for a moment, I think I forgot to put the digital safety lock on my butter knives... :scampersoffquickly:

Stratovarious
08-08-2019, 01:39 PM
https://s17-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.bogley.com%2Fforum%2 Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D65196&sp=f453c1a8a6df63e317bd8df05d721bc7
Is that a bump stock , sure looks like it ...:seenoevil:

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Diane Feinstein will know if it’s an assault knife once she looks at it. It has to look evil.

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2019, 01:55 PM

Nice, but not what was used in this mass murder.

He used a knife with a silencer. That’s how he killed so many people. He didn’t make any noise.

Dr.3D
08-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Nice, but not what was used in this mass murder.

He used a knife with a silencer. That’s how he killed so many people. He didn’t make any noise.
Yeah, and this one doesn't look like it has the "shoulder thing that goes up."

tod evans
08-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Yeah, and this one doesn't look like it has the "shoulder thing that goes up."

It is black and scary looking though.......

Dr.3D
08-08-2019, 02:24 PM
It is black and scary looking though.......
For sure, maybe all knives should have yellow handles.

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Ban knives! Red flag!

“When seconds count, the Police are, uh, already there?”

PITTSBURGH – Authorities say a man fatally stabbed a woman who was talking to a police officer at a downtown Pittsburgh bus stop and then slashed another woman before he was taken into custody.

Pittsburgh Police Chief Scott Schubert says the officer was checking on the first woman's well-being Thursday on a crowded sidewalk full of office workers and others headed to lunch.

A man came up from behind him and stabbed her. He then stabbed the other woman.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/08/pittsburgh-stabbing-2-women-attacked-1-dead-downtown-bus-stop/1957527001/

Danke
08-08-2019, 02:47 PM
Ban knives! Red flag!

Suzanimal
08-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Ban knives! Red flag!

I feel safer.

tod evans
08-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Ban knives! Red flag!

I'm left wondering if the knife was wielded by a hero stabbing racists or a racist stabbing hero's........

Odds are the stabber didn't fit the description of a "racist" since "Teh Newz" failed to identify the assailant.....

tod evans
08-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Double Stabbing: One Killed, Another Injured In Downtown Pittsburgh

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/08/08/burlington-coat-factory-store-downtown-pittsburgh-stabbing/

Two women were stabbed, one fatally, right in front of a police officer late Thursday morning in the middle of downtown Pittsburgh.

The incident was reported around 11:40 a.m. at 6th and Smithfield Streets, at a Port Authority bus shelter. The scene is not far from a Rite Aid, Burlington Coat Factory and the entrance to the Duquesne Club.

Two women were stabbed, one fatally, right in front of a police officer late Thursday morning in the middle of downtown Pittsburgh.

The incident was reported around 11:40 a.m. at 6th and Smithfield Streets, at a Port Authority bus shelter. The scene is not far from a Rite Aid, Burlington Coat Factory and the entrance to the Duquesne Club.

According to witnesses, a least one of the victims may have been wearing a hijab, a garment worn by Muslim women.

The name of the woman killed has not been released.

According to Pittsburgh Police Chief Scott Schubert, a Zone 1 police officer was patrolling the area when he noticed a woman sleeping under a bus shelter.

The officer turned his patrol car around to check on the woman.

Chief Schubert says as the officer was talking with her, the suspect came around his back and struck the woman with a knife. The suspect then turned around and stabbed a second woman.

Police say the officer jumped into action, disarming and subduing the suspect.

“The officer took immediate action, got the person down on the ground, got him in custody and then immediately started first aid on female to help her out,” Chief Schubert said.

The man was taken to Pittsburgh Police headquarters for questioning. Pittsburgh Public Safety officials say charges are likely.

In a press release, the Pittsburgh Public Safety Department said:

“At this time there is no evidence to suggest that this attack was racially or religiously motivated. The woman at the bus stop was not wearing religious garb, but the second victim may have been wearing a hijab. Police are investigating and will explore all possible motives.”

The women were taken to a local hospital for treatment. The woman the officer stopped to check on has died after being stabbed in the neck and the other had minor injuries, police said.

“We pray for the female that was stabbed, and we also want to thank the officer for being there. Not just getting the [suspect], getting him in custody but helping to save a life,” said Chief Schubert.

The intersection has been shut down to traffic as police investigate. The Port Authority is detouring 16 buses around the area.

The Port Authority released a statement, saying:

“Port Authority extends its deepest sympathies to the families of the deceased and surviving victim of the senseless attack at our bus stop earlier today.

“Although the investigation by Pittsburgh police remains ongoing, we understand that this was an isolated incident.

“The safety and security of our customers, employees and the public is our top priority, and we will continue to maintain a strong police presence in the areas we serve by working with Pittsburgh police and other local law enforcement agencies throughout our region.”

Swordsmyth
08-08-2019, 07:55 PM
TEX will be here soon to defend our right to bear knives for because the 2nd A is about hunting :frog: @texan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=22870)
It's TheTexan.

shakey1
08-08-2019, 08:04 PM

Looks like it would do a hellofajob carving a turkey. :cool:

TheTexan
08-08-2019, 08:20 PM

I'm not being sarcastic. The 2nd amendment is about hunting. The Supreme Court agrees with me, which is why they have repeatedly ruled that the 2nd amendment does not protect weapons that are traditionally only used by the military.

Rifles traditionally used in hunting are of course OK though and protected by the 2nd amendment :up:

TheTexan
08-08-2019, 08:26 PM

Damn right :up:

There should of course be reasonable restrictions on knives. For example, no one needs a knife with a blade longer than 5.5 inches, or a blade that has knuckles in the handle, and definitely nobody needs a tomahawk. That would just be insane.

Swordsmyth
08-08-2019, 09:15 PM
I'm not being sarcastic. The 2nd amendment is about hunting. The Supreme Court agrees with me, which is why they have repeatedly ruled that the 2nd amendment does not protect weapons that are traditionally only used by the military.

Rifles traditionally used in hunting are of course OK though and protected by the 2nd amendment :up:
SCOTUS actually ruled that the 2ndA ONLY protects weapons that are traditionally only used by the military, that's why they said sawed off shotguns could be banned.

TheTexan
08-08-2019, 09:27 PM
SCOTUS actually ruled that the 2ndA ONLY protects weapons that are traditionally only used by the military, that's why they said sawed off shotguns could be banned.

I sincerely doubt that's what they meant, because that would run counter to every Supreme Court ruling that came before it.

A good framework for determining the outcome of any 2nd amendment ruling is to ask the following question:

"Is the item in question more likely to be used to kill deer, or more likely to be used to kill people?"

If the answer is deer, then the item is protected by the 2nd amendment. If the answer is people, then the item is not protected by the 2nd amendment.

This simple framework as far as I am aware is consistent with every 2nd amendment ruling currently in legal standing.

Semi-automatic AR-15 - is more likely to be used to kill deer, than people. *protected*
Automatic AR-15 - is more likely to be used to kill people, than deer. *not protected*
Handgun - is more likely to be used to kill deer, than people. *protected*
Sawed-off shotgun - is more likely to be used to kill people, than deer. *not protected*
C4 Explosives - way more likely to be used to kill people, than deer *definitely not protected*

Swordsmyth
08-08-2019, 09:31 PM
I sincerely doubt that's what they meant, because that would run counter to every Supreme Court ruling that came before it.

A good framework for determining the outcome of any 2nd amendment ruling is to ask the following question:

"Is the item in question more likely to be used to kill deer, or more likely to be used to kill people?"

If the answer is deer, then the item is protected by the 2nd amendment. If the answer is people, then the item is not protected by the 2nd amendment.

This simple framework as far as I am aware is consistent with every 2nd amendment ruling currently in legal standing.

Semi-automatic AR-15 - is more likely to be used kill deer, than people. *protected*
Automatic AR-15 - is more likely to be used people, than deer. *not protected*
Handgun - is more likely to be used to kill deer, than people. *protected*
Sawed-off shotgun - is more likely to be used to kill people, than deer. *not protected*
C4 Explosives - way more likely to be used to kill people, than deer *definitely not protected*
It was one of the earliest rulings, the "deer standard" was adopted later.

TheTexan
08-08-2019, 10:09 PM
It was one of the earliest rulings, the "deer standard" was adopted later.

This is why it's so important to maintain a healthy deer population. If we run out of deer to shoot, the Supreme Court may start banning things that are currently protected.

People talk about contibuting to the NRA or GOA or what have you, but really people should be contributing their dollars to Whitetails Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2019, 11:45 PM
Damn right :up:

There should of course be reasonable restrictions on knives. For example, no one needs a knife with a blade longer than 5.5 inches, or a blade that has knuckles in the handle, and definitely nobody needs a tomahawk. That would just be insane.

There is no reason for an assault knife to have a silencer. Who needs a silencer on a knife except for a white nationalist?

Occam's Banana
08-09-2019, 12:51 AM
This is why it's so important to maintain a healthy deer population. If we run out of deer to shoot, the Supreme Court may start banning things that are currently protected.

People talk about contibuting to the NRA or GOA or what have you, but really people should be contributing their dollars to Whitetails Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

People should definitely still contribute to the NRA.

The NRA understands how important our 2nd amendment hunting rights are.

Those crazy GOA nutjobs are just scary, though ...

TheTexan
08-09-2019, 12:59 AM

They would probably legalize fully automatic weapons if given the opportunity, which basically makes them a terrorist organization.

Swordsmyth
08-09-2019, 12:59 AM
People should definitely still contribute to the NRA.

The NRA understands how important our 2nd amendment hunting rights are.

And we all know how important it is for LaPierre to live like a king, how can we expect our hunting rights to be taken seriously if he doesn't.

Occam's Banana
08-09-2019, 02:24 AM
And we all know how important it is for LaPierre to live like a king, how can we expect our hunting rights to be taken seriously if he doesn't.

You do have to maintain a certain image. I'm just glad the NRA was able to find someone willing to bear that cross for the greater good ...

Stratovarious
08-09-2019, 04:54 AM

lmao ; We can't have RPG's and Tanks , so it's about Hunting...

Stratovarious
08-09-2019, 04:56 AM
They would probably legalize fully automatic weapons if given the opportunity, which basically makes them a terrorist organization.

They are needed for Hunting.

Stratovarious
08-09-2019, 05:03 AM
It's @TheTexan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=33245).

Thanks....

.... I think TheTexan should drop his role as Mr. Sarcasm or just
live it fully, and ditch the dual personality.

This makes no sense at all; ''Handgun - is more likely to be used to kill deer, than people. *protected*'' TheTexan

TheTexan
08-09-2019, 08:47 AM
This makes no sense at all; ''Handgun - is more likely to be used to kill deer, than people. *protected*'' TheTexan

How many people are killed by handguns each year?

How many deer are killed by handguns each year? Hint: a lot.

If the weapon is a greater threat to deer than it is to people, it's protected.

This is why things in common use by militaries such as silencers, SBR's, C4 explosives, are not protected - they aren't a very big threat to deer but they are to people.

Stratovarious
08-09-2019, 02:19 PM
How many people are killed by handguns each year?

How many deer are killed by handguns each year? Hint: a lot.

If the weapon is a greater threat to deer than it is to people, it's protected.

This is why things in common use by militaries such as silencers, SBR's, C4 explosives, are not protected - they aren't a very big threat to deer but they are to people.

Andrew Jackson talked about C4 in a letter the Danbury Baptists, not only did
he mention that the State should not regulate religion he also said that
C4 should not be restricted if you use a Silencer and haul of the rubble to
the County Dump after the structures have collapsed , since no one will
hear the explosions, you are on your honor as good Baptists to do the right
thing and clean up the mess. Andrew also stated that C4 is a legit hunting
tool if it is for sport only, as there is nothing to take home after the kill,
and of course deer are people too.

AJ

:sarcasm:

:frog:
Smilies, you should try them, not all the regulars know when you're
pulling their leg and when you're being forthright, certainly
no new member has any clue where you're
coming from at any given time.

/

Occam's Banana
08-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Smilies, you should try them, not all the regulars know when you're
pulling their leg and when you're being forthright

What makes you think TheTexan isn't serious? :confused:

I think the TheTexan is very serious ...

Stratovarious
08-09-2019, 05:07 PM
What makes you think TheTexan isn't serious? :confused:

I think the TheTexan is very serious ...

On this particular page, I think probably , everywhere else, no one can say....