PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

Anti Federalist
08-06-2019, 08:37 PM
https://dpic.imgix.net/murderrate-2017.png?auto=format&crop=focalpoint&domain=dpic.imgix.net&fit=crop&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&h=290&ixlib=php-2.3.0&q=82&usm=50&w=1024&

Anti Globalist
08-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately liberals don't care about statistics.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2019, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately liberals don't care about statistics.

Facts and logic and math are racist. (https://www.amazon.com/White-Logic-Methods-Racism-Methodology/dp/0742542815)

enhanced_deficit
08-06-2019, 08:55 PM
Looks like rate strated declining under team Bill & Hillary Clinton's watch and then dipped even further slightly and stayed low under Bush and Obama's watch.

What explains lower rate since 2000 and beyond? Don't think Iraq, Afghan , Libya , Syria wars that occured/lower domestic population density over this period could be the factor.

http://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/11/blogs/graphic-detail/20151121_woc539.png

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Looks like rate strated declining under team Bill & Hillary Clinton's watch and then dipped even further slightly and stayed low under Bush and Obama's watch.

What explains lower rate since 2000 and beyond? Don't think Iraq, Afghan , Libya , Syria wars that occured/lower domestic population density over this period could be the factor.

http://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/11/blogs/graphic-detail/20151121_woc539.png

More guns=Less crime, try as they might the Klintons failed to take our guns and encouraged many people to get some.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2019, 01:59 PM
More People Killed by Hammers, Clubs than with Rifles of Any Kind

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/11/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-rifles-kind/

AWR HAWKINS11 Aug 2019

The most recent FBI crime stats show that more people were killed in 2017 with hammers and clubs than were killed with rifles of any kind.

Breitbart News reported the most recent numbers–those for 2017–on September 26, 2018. Those figures showed that 467 people were killed with “blunt objects (hammers, clubs, etc.),” while 403 were killed with rifles.

And it must be noted that the category of “rifles” used by the FBI includes bolt action, pump action, single shot, and semi-automatic, as well as those the left describes as “assault weapons.” This means only a percentage of the 403 deaths attributed to “rifles” would have been carried out with an “assault weapon.” So the gap between the number of persons beaten to death with hammers and clubs verses those killed with “assault weapons” would be even greater than the gap between those who died in a hammer/club attack versus those who died being shot with “rifles” of any kind.

Breitbart News also reported that the 2017 crime figures showed 1,591 people were killed with “knives or cutting instruments” while 403 were killed with “rifles.” This means nearly four times as many people were stabbed to death as were killed with any kind of rifle. (The gap between the number stabbed to death and the number of persons explicitly killed with an “assault weapon” would be even greater.)

Yet Democrats are pushing an “assault weapons” ban and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says legislation for such a ban will be “front and center” when the Senate reconvenes.

Origanalist
08-11-2019, 02:07 PM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/1007110352842416128

(Eat you're heart out zippy)

TheTexan
08-11-2019, 02:13 PM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/1007110352842416128

(Eat you're heart out zippy)

Ban "Other Causes" !!

CCTelander
08-11-2019, 02:20 PM
"Gun control" (victim disarmament) is not now, and never has been about reducing violent crime. Those who want to take your guns want to do so because they want to do things to you that would be impossible, or at least more difficult to if you're armed.

Theocrat
08-11-2019, 02:29 PM
"Gun control" (victim disarmament) is not now, and never has been about reducing violent crime. Those who want to take your guns want to do so because they want to do things to you that would be impossible, or at least more difficult to if you're armed.

Exactly. Notice that whenever law enforcement kills citizens by using guns unlawfully in lethal force, gun control advocates never blame guns for the problem; they always focus on punishing the law enforcement officers involved. So they know it's not guns that are responsible for gun-related crimes, at least when it involves local, state, or federal agents.

VIDEODROME
08-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Well, which candidate is pushing for total gun confiscation?

Or is everything a slippery slope?

VIDEODROME
08-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Exactly. Notice that whenever law enforcement kills citizens by using guns unlawfully in lethal force, gun control advocates never blame guns for the problem; they always focus on punishing the law enforcement officers involved. So they know it's not guns that are responsible for gun-related crimes, at least when it involves local, state, or federal agents.

What kinds of weapons do Cops carry though? Would we tolerate them carrying Assault Weapons?(Yes, I realize SWAT goes beyond this, but not typical patrol officers)

Maybe this is a consistency as they don't really want to all out ban small arms?

Theocrat
08-11-2019, 02:50 PM
What kinds of weapons do Cops carry though? Would we tolerate them carrying Assault Weapons?(Yes, I realize SWAT goes beyond this, but not typical patrol officers)

Maybe this is a consistency as they don't really want to all out ban small arms?

It doesn't matter what kinds of weapons that cops carry; the point is the weapon is never the central focus of a crime when cops shoot citizens. The public and the media always hold the cops responsible for killing someone unlawfully, especially when the media wants to make it race-related.

VIDEODROME
08-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Well, I'm just saying I really wonder what their response would be if Cops routinely carried AR-15s or similar weapon with thousands of rounds of ammo all the time and a wrongful death story of a non-violent occurred getting widespread attention in the media.

They might question why Cops are so heavily armed and if that leads to wrongful death against those pursued or additional casualties from nearby people.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Well, I'm just saying I really wonder what their response would be if Cops routinely carried AR-15s or similar weapon with thousands of rounds of ammo all the time and a wrongful death story of a non-violent occurred getting widespread attention in the media.

They might question why Cops are so heavily armed and if that leads to wrongful death against those pursued or additional casualties from nearby people.

They do.

Cops are routinely walking the beat with rifles now.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Well, which candidate is pushing for total gun confiscation?

IIRC every democrat is in favor of repealing the 2nd Amendment.

Or is everything a slippery slope?

On this subject, yes.

CCTelander
08-11-2019, 04:25 PM
They do.

As I understand it police cruisers have been routinely carrying ARs and ammo, along with other special equipment in their trunks for at least a couple of decades now, at least in most decently sized jurisdictions.

kahless
08-11-2019, 04:46 PM
They do.

As I understand it police cruisers have been routinely carrying ARs and ammo, along with other special equipment in their trunks for at least a couple of decades now, at least in most decently sized jurisdictions.

This should not be allowed. If they are going to restrict us then the same restrictions should apply to police departments.

No joke, I do not feel safe with cops being open carry with those kind of arms while I am not due to state/federal restrictions, licensing, etc. Cops are not like what we see in on TV, the news media or in Hollywood. Both good and a whole lot of bad. Many are bad simply because they know if they do not fall inline they will be ostracized or worse fired, unable to pay their mortgage or lose their pension. So they go along with the corruption to protect themselves.

I have cops tell me this flat out on more than one occasion that if they prosecute _____ they are out of a job, not matter how many witnesses, what they have witnessed or what how horrific the crime ____ has done.

What it comes down to there is a whole lot of people in this country that are above the law and there is a complete blackout to that reality in the US. We have the illusion of law enforcement and that only applies to where they want to enforce it.

The entire left argument on guns is that you can rely on the police. If people in parts of this country can only rely on police 25% of the time for their lives (if that) then the people need to be armed to the teeth to deal with crime on their own and that means no laws infringing on the 2nd Amendment. You cannot count on criminal cops and a corrupt government to administer gun licensing or any form of restrictions.

Stratovarious
08-11-2019, 04:56 PM

It doesn't matter what kinds of weapons that cops carry; the point is the weapon is never the central focus of a crime when cops shoot citizens. The public and the media always hold the cops responsible for killing someone unlawfully, especially when the media wants to make it race-related.

Great points.

US citizens should never consider giving up any of their weapons nor rights to carry, certainly
not before the military, UN, and all branches of our so called
law enforcement give up theirs.

CCT is right, the attacks against the 2nd amendment have never been about saving lives, its about tyranny and COG.

Swordsmyth
08-11-2019, 05:23 PM
This should not be allowed. If they are going to restrict us then the same restrictions should apply to police departments.

No joke, I do not feel safe with cops being open carry with those kind of arms while I am not due to state/federal restrictions, licensing, etc. Cops are not like what we see in on TV, the news media or in Hollywood. Both good and a whole lot of bad. Many are bad simply because they know if they do not fall inline they will be ostracized or worse fired, unable to pay their mortgage or lose their pension. So they go along with the corruption to protect themselves.

I have cops tell me this flat out on more than one occasion that if they prosecute _____ they are out of a job, not matter how many witnesses, what they have witnessed or what how horrific the crime ____ has done.

What it comes down to there is a whole lot of people in this country that are above the law and there is a complete blackout to that reality in the US. We have the illusion of law enforcement and that only applies to where they want to enforce it.

The entire left argument on guns is that you can rely on the police. If people in parts of this country can only rely on police 25% of the time for their lives (if that) then the people need to be armed to the teeth to deal with crime on their own and that means no laws infringing on the 2nd Amendment. You cannot count on criminal cops and a corrupt government to administer gun licensing or any form of restrictions.

Great points.

US citizens should never consider giving up any of their weapons nor rights to carry, certainly
not before the military, UN, and all branches of our so called
law enforcement give up theirs.

CCT is right, the attacks against the 2nd amendment have never been about saving lives, its about tyranny and COG.

I wish the cops had full military gear AND SO DID AVERAGE AMERICANS.

We should be a warrior culture, we should be the Klingons of the real world.

kahless
08-11-2019, 05:43 PM
I wish the cops had full military gear AND SO DID AVERAGE AMERICANS.

We should be a warrior culture, we should be the Klingons of the real world.

I wish everyone be allowed full military gear, no restrictions, except for cops since the current standing army violates the Constitution. Private police forces with full military gear is fine by me.

Klingon's for the most part do what is right because of honor. For cops all too many believe honor is something to think about for a parade since they have a mortgage and pension to worry about.

Swordsmyth
08-11-2019, 05:53 PM
I wish everyone be allowed full military gear, no restrictions, except for cops since the current standing army violates the Constitution.
How does it violate the Constitution?
The Constitution only says that their budget can't be authorized for more than two years at a time.

Private police forces with full military gear is fine by me.
I don't want any private police forces, private security or private detectives are fine though.

Klingon's for the most part do what is right because of honor. For cops all too many believe honor is something to think about for a parade since they have a mortgage and pension to worry about.
Cop culture needs to be reformed so that they are held responsible for abusing their power but I don't think that their equipment should be limited.

Occam's Banana
08-12-2019, 12:46 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

Origanalist
08-12-2019, 04:45 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

Got that.