PDA

View Full Version : Why in bloody hell did they launch the blimp with one banner?

Frankie Lee
12-14-2007, 10:50 AM
? :confused:

WilliamC
12-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Greetings All,

Because the other one isn't ready yet. If you've got a spare banner get it to them quick. Right now I see pictures of the Blimp in the air advertising for Ron Paul, and I like it.

William C Colley

michaelwise
12-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Because it would have been stuck in the F-ing hanger all weekend if the didn't.

Frankie Lee
12-14-2007, 10:57 AM
so they lied to us again about it being delivered on thursday? i'm confused, it seemed like the 2nd banner was ready to go... it is near retarded to launch the blimp half complete. The press will be covering the first couple days the most, its horrendous to have it in the state its in.

1913_to_2008
12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
No its fine. we're only paying 6 grand for it to fly around North Carolina to day with one banner on it. Let's not forget NC is not an early primary state. It needs to at least be in SC.

So, there goes 9 1/2 hours of our flight time.

stown
12-14-2007, 11:00 AM
so they lied to us again about it being delivered on thursday? i'm confused, it seemed like the 2nd banner was ready to go... it is near retarded to launch the blimp half complete. The press will be covering the first couple days the most, its horrendous to have it in the state its in.

No they haven't lied. They tried.
Some guys tried to get it there by van through a freaking blizzard FGS!

Why no beating a dead horse smiley? :confused:

UtahApocalypse
12-14-2007, 12:53 PM
80% of people last night Voted to keep the blimp in the hanger on the ground to get both banners on. The "company" refused. I think we need new management, refunds, and should have kept this grassroots.

WilliamC
12-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Greetings All,

80% of people last night Voted to keep the blimp in the hanger on the ground to get both banners on. The "company" refused. I think we need new management, refunds, and should have kept this grassroots.

Go do it yourself then.

William C Colley

amistybleu
12-14-2007, 01:56 PM

So frankie, have you ever ordered something and the date of shipment of that item was delayed, is that your fault? hell no its not, just as it is not the fault of some great people that have executed the coolest advertising in the history of politics, bottom line is RPs name is in the air and SC is a good place to fly given the current weather in Boston.

amistybleu
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM

In the hangar = no publicity

In the air = publicity

Sorry that they chose the correct option

dmspilot00
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Because it would have been stuck in the F-ing hanger all weekend if the didn't. NO IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN STUCK IN THE F-ING HANGAR! THIS IS JUST AN EXCUSE, YOU PEOPLE ARE INCOMPETENT AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WEATHER!

You don't launch a half finished product. That is stupid.

They said that the wind had to be 7 knots or below to get the blimp back out of the hangar. I said the forecast was for 7 knots exactly, but they said "it looks like wind conditions will make it impossible." Impossible my ass. Well let's see who was right:

Winds at 6:00am: 0 knots
Winds at 7:00am: 5 knots
Winds at 12:30pm: 5 knots
Winds at 1:00pm: 3 knots
Wind at 1:30pm: 4 knots

Perry
12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
If they put the banner on now they might not have been able to launch the blimp until next week and likely would have missed the Boston party.
Don't worry. They will be returning Monday to add the second banner.

amistybleu
12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Weather channel says winds today through sunday in Boston at 10-20mph

10 Knots = 11.5 MPH
15 Knots = 17.3 MPH
20 Knots = 23.0 MPH

This seems to exceed safety for flight

Melissa
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
wow still complainers I see, but I am glad for those of you that have not bitched that it is in the air and it worked. For the rest of you that are still bitching --go pass out some slim jims. you guys are getting really boring with your bitching

dmspilot00
12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Weather channel says winds today through sunday in Boston at 10-20mph...This seems to exceed safety for flight Where did this come from? We are not even talking about Boston we are talking about Elizabeth City.

If they put the banner on now they might not have been able to launch the blimp until next week Wrong. It's a fantasy excuse.

wow still complainers I see, but I am glad for those of you that have not bitched that it is in the air and it worked. For the rest of you that are still bitching --go pass out some slim jims. you guys are getting really boring with your bitching Customers tend to get upset when they are lied to and deceived.

amistybleu
12-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Where did this come from? We are not even talking about Boston we are talking about Elizabeth City.

Wrong. It's a fantasy excuse.

Why are we talking about Elizabeth City if it is out of the Hangar?

Perry
12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Where did this come from? We are not even talking about Boston we are talking about Elizabeth City.

Wrong. It's a fantasy excuse.

Customers tend to get upset when they are lied to and deceived.

Oh stop crying will you? These guys are doing their best. Bring it up at the next shareholder meeting.:D

dmspilot00
12-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh stop crying will you? These guys are doing their best. I'm not crying, and yes I agree they have worked very hard, but it is pitiful that this "company" deceives its own customers and can't listen to them when the vast majority want it done a certain way.

Now that the blimp is in the air they should attempt to find a place with zero wind and get that banner on!

amistybleu
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not crying, and yes I agree they have worked very hard, but it is pitiful that this "company" deceives its own customers and can't listen to them when the vast majority want it done a certain way.

Now that the blimp is in the air they should attempt to find a place with zero wind and get that banner on!

It's on, they have not photographed that side yet.

dmspilot00
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
It's on, they have not photographed that side yet. What? Both banners are on now?

UtahApocalypse
12-14-2007, 06:36 PM

your full of shit

MozoVote
12-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Why no beating a dead horse smiley? :confused:

This is a good one, when it's needed. (I like the flies! Really gives it that something extra special!)

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

h t t p://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

kimosabi
12-14-2007, 07:01 PM
sshhhh, it's running in stealth mode...

stown
12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
This is a good one, when it's needed. (I like the flies! Really gives it that something extra special!)

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

h t t p://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

Thank you for hosting that!

Just what I was hoping for....

Matt
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif
http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

Elijah
12-18-2007, 07:53 PM
I did not read everything, sorry.

Looking back on it yes, we probably could have waited. But we didn't because there was a chance it would not have launched until Monday.

Listen if we want to wait and wait then we can just wait until the primaries are over.

This is what happened since we launched with one banner. Better then than days later. Ron Paul is running out of time.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0

JaredR26
12-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Looking back on it yes, we probably could have waited. But we didn't because there was a chance it would not have launched until Monday.

Listen if we want to wait and wait then we can just wait until the primaries are over.

This is what happened since we launched with one banner. Better then than days later. Ron Paul is running out of time.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0

I just don't see with something like that why you didn't ask us for some input. One post would have responses in 15 minutes. Give us 2 hours and we'd come to a consensus. And if we made a mistake, we'd just redouble our efforts to correct it.

Instead if you make the call we all get angry for having 1/2 of a blimp.