PDA

View Full Version : Trump Condemns El Paso, Dayton Mass Shootings: Full Speech on August 5, 2019

PAF
08-05-2019, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVO5GVqtosY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVO5GVqtosY

PAF
08-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Ever Growing Police State Apparatus is Alive-and-Well.

ERPO among other things.

Cap
08-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now.

PAF
08-05-2019, 10:43 AM

Which deserves a bump.

Cap
08-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Which deserves a bump.
Have you heard my cricket video yet, it's so relaxing.

https://youtu.be/U9c_KttvQPU

Cap
08-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Removed

enhanced_deficit
08-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Yes this is a pretty significant shift especially for many among MAGA's 'Right Wing' supporters.
For others it might not be too surprising.

Related

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage
'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now' (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-gun-control-confiscate-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-nra-conservative-republicans-a8234606.html)

CCTelander
08-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Sadly, this particular "cat" was never really all that much IN the bag, was never really much of a secret. many just worked hard not to see it.

Cap
08-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Yes this is a pretty significant shift especially for many among MAGA's 'Right Wing' supporters.
Perhaps some knew it all along?

dannno
08-05-2019, 11:05 AM
An observation by myself: This last few days certainly has got everyone's eyes looking away from the Epstein saga. Probably nothing..but still things that make you go hmmm.

You are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCaSVG4hAI

The deep state is writhing right now. Declass is coming in 10+ days. They are going down soon, they are not happy.

Cap
08-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Sorry, I did not mean to derail the thread, mods please keep this on topic. I'll remove my post.

enhanced_deficit
08-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Perhaps some knew it all along?

Very likely, he does come from a liberal progressive background and his top donor is a social liberal democrat.

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 02:55 PM
You are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCaSVG4hAI

The deep state is writhing right now. Declass is coming in 10+ days. They are going down soon, they are not happy.
Trump needs to shut up and wait for the shootings to blow over instead of calling for red flag laws etc.

ThePaleoLibertarian
08-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Trump should discuss how the white nationalist movement has a long history of attracting violent nutcases that predate his Presidency. There was a Sikh Temple shooting in 2012, a Jewish Center shooting in 2014, etc. White nationalism appeals to isolated, disaffected people, and some of those types are psychopaths.

dannno
08-05-2019, 03:16 PM
Trump needs to shut up and wait for the shootings to blow over instead of calling for red flag laws etc.

Or he needs to appear "Presidential" (aka fascist) and keep everybody (aka the media) as calm as possible before the arrests.

Suzanimal
08-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Starting @ 5:28

1. DOJ to work with social media and states to identify red flags on the internet
2. Stop the glorification of violence - video games are a problem.
3. Reform mental health laws so violent people get treatment.
4. red flag laws
5. capital punishment

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Or he needs to appear "Presidential" (aka fascist) and keep everybody (aka the media) as calm as possible before the arrests.

No.

He signaled the left that he could be manipulated with mass shootings when he did the bumpstock garbage and singlehandedly reverse pro-gun momentum to anti-gun momentum.

If the left launched these attacks because of the bumpstock ban giving them hope for gun control then he DOES have the blood of the victims on his hands.

The media are going to shred him for anything he says other than calling for an absolute semi-auto ban/roundup and saying anything lets them keep talking about it all longer.

He needs to shut up and wait out the outrage if he doesn't come out swinging for more guns and Constitutional carry.

eleganz
08-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Just like the FL shooter, the OH shooter was previously reported to the police and even arrested. He was expelled from his school and let back.

I think Red Flags should be taken seriously. These two examples alone could've easily been avoided.

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Starting @ 5:28

1. DOJ to work with social media and states to identify red flags on the internet
BAD

2. Stop the glorification of violence - video games are a problem.
MIXED, Hollywood and the rest of the entertainment industry DO glorify violence and evil BUT video games where you play war/cop&robbers etc. ARE NOT a problem and government needs to keep its grubby paws off them.

3. Reform mental health laws so violent people get treatment.
UNCLEAR, it depends on the details.

4. red flag laws
BAD

5. capital punishment
GOOD (as long as the standard of proof is sufficient)

phill4paul
08-05-2019, 03:47 PM

Absolutely. NOTHING he says will condemn the left. He cme out today and said EVERYTHING the left has demanded he stand up and say. And the only thing the left can do is excoriate him for saying Toledo instead of Dayton. Of course the left won't condemn Biden for saying Houston and Michigan. Lol.

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Absolutely. NOTHING he says will condemn the left. He cme out today and said EVERYTHING the left has demanded he stand up and say. And the only thing the left can do is excoriate him for saying Toledo instead of Dayton. Of course the left won't condemn Biden for saying Houston and Michigan. Lol.
They will demonize him no matter what unless he calls for a semi-auto ban/roundup.

If he isn't going to come out and call for more guns and easier carry then he needs to say nothing at all.

Cap
08-07-2019, 03:02 AM
///