PDA

View Full Version : Cloudflare terminating service for 8 Chan

UWDude
08-04-2019, 08:09 PM
https://blog.cloudflare.com/terminating-service-for-8chan/

The mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio are horrific tragedies. In the case of the El Paso shooting, the suspected terrorist gunman appears to have been inspired by the forum website known as 8chan. Based on evidence we've seen, it appears that he posted a screed to the site immediately before beginning his terrifying attack on the El Paso Walmart killing 20 people.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. Nearly the same thing happened on 8chan before the terror attack in Christchurch, New Zealand. The El Paso shooter specifically referenced the Christchurch incident and appears to have been inspired by the largely unmoderated discussions on 8chan which glorified the previous massacre. In a separate tragedy, the suspected killer in the Poway, California synagogue shooting also posted a hate-filled “open letter” on 8chan. 8chan has repeatedly proven itself to be a cesspool of hate.

And just a day after Brennan said he wanted it shut down.

Muh private corporations

When Gab and 8chan were shut down, nobody seemed to care the shooters were way more active on twitter and facebook, and ChristChurch even broadcast the entire shooting on Facebook.

Nope, the shootings are 8Chan and Gab's fault.

Muh private corporations, always doing the bidding of Deep State, always giving the mockingbird narrative.

TheCount
08-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Bye, Felicia

timosman
08-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Rule of Law

We continue to feel incredibly uncomfortable about playing the role of content arbiter and do not plan to exercise it often. Some have wrongly speculated this is due to some conception of the United States' First Amendment. That is incorrect. First, we are a private company and not bound by the First Amendment. Second, the vast majority of our customers, and more than 50% of our revenue, comes from outside the United States where the First Amendment and similarly libertarian freedom of speech protections do not apply. The only relevance of the First Amendment in this case and others is that it allows us to choose who we do and do not do business with; it does not obligate us to do business with everyone.

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Bye, Felicia
Hi, spook.

AngryCanadian
08-04-2019, 08:23 PM
So much for freedom of speech.
The shooters of these incidents were active on Twitter even more but seeing how liberals need a platform you wont be seeing twitter closed down anytime soon. I have a suspicion the shooters were leftist and including that one from Ohio.

r3volution 3.0
08-04-2019, 08:23 PM
So much for freedom of speech.

So much misunderstanding of what those words mean.

AngryCanadian
08-04-2019, 08:25 PM
So much misunderstanding of what those words mean.

Oh i know where your going with that right? freedom of speech has consequences right? only liberals can have freedom of speech trash talking to a specif people?

Mach
08-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Nearly 20,000 boards on 8Chan and they pick out 3 times.... if they did that with Facebook and the others it would be a lot worse.

Problem

Reaction

Solution

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 08:28 PM
They won't succeed, they even admit that and make an implied call for government action.

r3volution 3.0
08-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Oh i know where your going with that right? freedom of speech has consequences right? only liberals can have freedom of speech trash talking to a specif people?

No, not even a little bit.

Tell you what, let me come over to your house and explain it to you for 30 hours.

Wait, you don't need to let me, I have a right to talk in your living room, because free speech...

Pauls' Revere
08-04-2019, 08:48 PM
Useless, ppl will just go to another form of media.

Anti Globalist
08-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Useless, ppl will just go to another form of media.
Then that form of media will be terminated/banned. It'll end up being an endless cycle.

AngryCanadian
08-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Then that form of media will be terminated/banned. It'll end up being an endless cycle.

Not really if they make another platform either free speech is being attacked. But if your leftist and making threats agaisnt an American president you wont get banned from twitter at all it seems another reason i never liked that creepy site anyway.

AngryCanadian
08-04-2019, 10:04 PM
8chan (https://twitter.com/infinitechan/status/1158207781427695616)is firing back at cloudservice. While liberals are attacking 8chan on twitter.
MSM white supremacy propaganda is already working on the same people behind Russia gate.

kahless
08-04-2019, 11:00 PM
I am surprised any site that respects privacy would use Cuckflare.

dannno
08-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Nothing. Can. Stop. What. Is. Coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1bnIinz1w