PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

Anti Federalist
08-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/04/donald-trump-promises-action-after-weekend-shootings-ohio-texas/

CHARLIE SPIERING 4 Aug 2019

President Donald Trump spoke out Sunday about the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, on Sunday, condemning the violence that occurred over the weekend and promising action.

“We love the people,” he said to the press prior to boarding Air Force One for the White House. “Hate has no place in our country.”

The president spoke out about the duel shootings as he left his club in New Jersey for Washington. He expressed his condolences to the people of Texas and Ohio.

“They’re incredible people. They’ve been through a lot,” he said.

He previewed a statement on Monday in response to the shootings.

“On behalf of the first lady and myself, condolences to all,” he said. “We have to get it stopped. It’s been going on for years. Years and years, and we have to get it stopped.”

When asked about gun laws, the president said that he had spoken to a lot of people about possible actions. He added that the shooters were “very seriously mentally ill.”

“We have done, actually, a lot, but more has to be done,” he said.

He also thanked law enforcement for their response to the shootings.

“I also want to thank to the law enforcement in both places for the job they’ve done,” he said. “It’s incredible. I also want to congratulate them.”

The president said that he had spoken to Attorney General William Barr and FBI director Christopher Wray as well as the governors of Texas and Ohio and members of Congress.

“A lot of things are being done right now,” he said.

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 07:46 PM
He better not mean gun control.

We will see.

He is emphasizing mental illness.

Anti Federalist
08-04-2019, 07:48 PM

We will see.

Federally Mandated Mental Health Screenings before any gun purchase?

The Drunken Monkey was being very vague.

PAF
08-04-2019, 07:59 PM

People will look to this "Republican" president, and abide by any legislation that happens down the pike. What people, including gun-toting folks, have long forgotten is that it is up to each and every one of us to defend and protect our Natural Rights - NOT politicians and ridiculous bills that raise the age to 21 in exchange for something else.

It will be time for another Pittsburgh Gun Rally like the one we had a few months ago to show folks how it is supposed to work.

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 08:02 PM
People will look to this "Republican" president, and abide by any legislation that happens down the pike. What people, including gun-toting folks, have long forgotten is that it is up to each and every one of us to defend and protect our Natural Rights - NOT politicians and ridiculous bills that raise the age to 21 in exchange for something else.

It will be time for another Pittsburgh Gun Rally like the one we had a few months ago to show folks how it is supposed to work.
Another rally will fix everything!:sarcasm:
But make sure to oppose any bills that actually reduce infringements.:rolleyes:

r3volution 3.0
08-04-2019, 08:05 PM
I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/27/donald-trump-in-2000-i-support-the-ban-on-assault-weapons/

PAF
08-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Another rally will fix everything!:sarcasm:
But make sure to oppose any bills that actually reduce infringements.:rolleyes:

Oh, SwordShill! You have convinced me and I have just now had a change of heart! Rather than to rally a few thousand gun-toters to inform those crooked bureaucrats that they can't and won't muck with us and the 2nd Amendment, we are instead going to ask them to pretty please write up some nice legislation that we can all compromise on! And then everything will be daffodils and roses!

You are so smart! Thank you!

:sarcasm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDY36rHqLf4

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 08:16 PM
Oh, SwordShill! You have convinced me and I have just now had a change of heart! Rather than to rally a few thousand gun-toters to inform those crooked bureaucrats that they can't and won't muck with us and the 2nd Amendment, we are instead going to ask them to pretty please write up some nice legislation that we can all compromise on! And then everything will be daffodils and roses!

:sarcasm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDY36rHqLf4

You want people to rally to no effect, start your revolution or clam up about bills that are an improvement even if they aren't perfect.

You are a waste of time and a detriment to liberty.

kcchiefs6465
08-04-2019, 08:17 PM

Red flags, ending the gun show/private sale loop hole, and accessory regulations, no doubt.

On top of further monies towards agencies to monitor social media.

In 2000 he said what he said regarding the 2nd Amendment.

"Take the guns first," is more concerning.

PAF
08-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Red flags, ending the gun show/private sale loop hole, and accessory regulations, no doubt.

After that bump stock stunt and elections coming up, Trump is playing the 10th Amendment card to keep his grubby fingers clean.

oyarde
08-04-2019, 08:33 PM
I support no gun restrictive legislation . None . Everyone knows none of it will stop a retarded , young democrat from shooting some of you when they wish .

Pauls' Revere
08-04-2019, 08:43 PM

We will see.

it will and mental illness background checks and web monitoring.

Pauls' Revere
08-04-2019, 08:46 PM

I read about the private sale form that must be filed? How is that going to be enforced?

kahless
08-04-2019, 09:15 PM
I hope it is just words to placate the enemy news media temporarily until this is forgotten about and that he will not lose his spine to the enemies of liberty in his ear again.

With that said if Trump and his cuckold party try to destroy themselves again by this absolutely stupid idea that they must reach across the aisle to accommodate their enemy that never gives in on anything, then he is done. I do not give a shit how bad the Demoncrats are, if he follows through many of us will sit home again like we did with Romney or vote 3rd party. He needs to be reminded of that. Including supporters at his own rally if he brings up the gun issue.

No one wants gun control other than the far left and the news media that are not going to vote for him anyway. So there is absolutely no reason he should be placating any of them.

TheTexan
08-04-2019, 09:21 PM
“On behalf of the first lady and myself, condolences to all,” he said. “We have to get it stopped. It’s been going on for years. Years and years, and we have to get it stopped.”

Maybe we should make mass-shootings super super illegal, like way more illegal than they already are.

tfurrh
08-04-2019, 10:07 PM
Maybe we should make mass-shootings super super illegal, like way more illegal than they already are.

The tried and true method

Pauls' Revere
08-04-2019, 10:13 PM
I hope it is just words to placate the enemy news media temporarily until this is forgotten about and that he will not lose his spine to the enemies of liberty in his ear again.

With that said if Trump and his cuckold party try to destroy themselves again by this absolutely stupid idea that they must reach across the aisle to accommodate their enemy that never gives in on anything, then he is done. I do not give a $#@! how bad the Demoncrats are, if he follows through many of us will sit home again like we did with Romney or vote 3rd party. He needs to be reminded of that. Including supporters at his own rally if he brings up the gun issue.

No one wants gun control other than the far left and the news media that are not going to vote for him anyway. So there is absolutely no reason he should be placating any of them.

Its election year (almost) my bet is he will cave and reach across the aisle in hopes that the votes he loses will be replaced by moderate left.

enhanced_deficit
08-04-2019, 10:32 PM

Even if he did, he will still be better than Hillary on both domestic controls as well as foreign lobbies Iran/Israel/Saudi fronts.
On that note , 'Lock her up' slogan is back at MAGA 2020 rallies.

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
07/23/19
Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein on recent mass shootings: “white terrorism” is more precise (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?537617-Trump-Deputy-AG-Rosenstein-on-recent-mass-shootings-“white-terrorism”-is-more-precise&)

Related

Trump Overturns Obama-Era Law: Bans All Bump Stock Devices (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?520685-Trump-Overturns-Obama-Era-Law-Bans-All-Bump-Stock-Devices&)

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump
(http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-gun-control-confiscate-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-nra-conservative-republicans-a8234606.html)'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now' (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-gun-control-confiscate-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-nra-conservative-republicans-a8234606.html)
Donald Trump has sparked fury among gun owners and conservatives after repeatedly backing proposals to tighten gun control laws.

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 11:08 PM

With that said if Trump and his cuckold party try to destroy themselves again by this absolutely stupid idea that they must reach across the aisle to accommodate their enemy that never gives in on anything, then he is done. I do not give a $#@! how bad the Demoncrats are, if he follows through many of us will sit home again like we did with Romney or vote 3rd party. He needs to be reminded of that. Including supporters at his own rally if he brings up the gun issue.

Some people here accuse me of being a paid propagandist for Trump just because I want him reelected because he is the least of all possible goods and nothing better is available at this point but I am not and this is one of my red lines, ANY significant gun control and I will put him in the lesser of two evils camp and say that it would be better for the Demoncrat to win and hope that the frog jumps out of the pot and we either get a massive much stronger political reaction or a civil war.

I think even dannno would go against him.

dannno
08-04-2019, 11:28 PM
I think even @dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908) would go against him.

It's certainly possible, I don't see it in the cards though.

Swordsmyth
08-04-2019, 11:49 PM
"This was a sick person, the person in Dayton was a sick person," Mulvaney told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl, during an interview (https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/1158009820206604288) Sunday. "No politician is to blame for that. The person who was responsible here are the people who pulled the trigger. We need to figure out how to kind of create less of those kinds of people as a society and not trying to figure out who gets blamed going into the next election (https://abcnews.go.com/alerts/elections)."

"Sick people who are intent on doing things like this should not be able to buy guns legally," Mulvaney said.

Pushed by Karl about why the president has downplayed the threat of white nationalism, Mulvaney said white nationalism is not as big a threat as "international nuclear weapons."
"I don’t believe he’s downplaying it. … Look, this is not the same as international, sort of, nuclear weapons," Mulvaney said. "This is a serious problem, there's no question about it. But they are sick, sick people. And the president knows that. Again, Jon, I don't think it's fair to try and lay this at the feet of the president."

"I don't think it's at all fair to sit here and say that he doesn't think that white nationalism is bad for the nation," Mulvaney added. "These are sick people. You cannot be a white supremacist and be normal in the head."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/crazy-people-carry-shootings-not-able-guns-mulvaney-132405391--abc-news-topstories.html

PierzStyx
08-04-2019, 11:59 PM

46,000 posts in 3 years breaks down to 42 posts a day, which is nearly two posts an hour from Comrade SwordShill. A perosn spending so much time on here obviously isn't working -no job would allow such a waste of company time- nor does he have a family- no wife would allow her husband to ignore the family for an online forum, same with the roles reversed. So we are left with two options. Either Comrade SS is a pathetic loser with no job, no life, and no friends beyond this forum and dependent on welfare to survive or he is a sock puppet operated by multiple people intent or pushing a narrative or blind loyalty to Republican Party supremacy who actively attacks any real world action not in line with subservience to the Party.

At first I was charitable and thought the former. But now I can see it is almost certainly the latter. Which is why he opposes and mocks people taking real world action as you suggest.

enhanced_deficit
08-05-2019, 12:07 AM
"This was a sick person, the person in Dayton was a sick person," Mulvaney told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl, during an interview (https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/1158009820206604288) Sunday. "No politician is to blame for that. The person who was responsible here are the people who pulled the trigger. We need to figure out how to kind of create less of those kinds of people as a society and not trying to figure out who gets blamed going into the next election (https://abcnews.go.com/alerts/elections)."

"Sick people who are intent on doing things like this should not be able to buy guns legally," Mulvaney said.

Foxnews seems to have similar view as Trump administration on this:

Foxnews' Joey Jones condemns white supremacists:
"we renounce you, you're not American", "we will find you, we will hunt you down" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXecHT--8lQ&feature=youtu.be&t=68)

"You need to seek help if you're a victim of abuse or illness and if you do anything evil, we'll find you, we'll hunt you down and take you out"

Related

A controversial video of President Trump is resurfacing on social media amid two mass shootings (https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-shoot-them-video-resurfacing-after-texas-ohio-mass-shooting-2019-8)

r3volution 3.0
08-05-2019, 12:07 AM
Some people here accuse me of being a paid propagandist for Trump just because I want him reelected because he is the least of all possible goods and nothing better is available at this point but I am not and this is one of my red lines, ANY significant gun control and I will put him in the lesser of two evils camp and say that it would be better for the Demoncrat to win and hope that the frog jumps out of the pot and we either get a massive much stronger political reaction or a civil war.

I think even @dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908) would go against him.

Any examples of what would count as "significant" gun control?

Anti Federalist
08-05-2019, 12:11 AM

I can't answer for other folks, but for me, well, basically anything.

EO banning magazines.

"Red Flag" law.

Bans on certain rifles.

You name it...The Drunken Monkey set a goddamn dangerous precedent on the bump stock ban, and it's going to bite us square in the ass.

That's what I see coming: regulatory fatwas dunned onto the everfucked people by Executive Order.

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 12:13 AM
46,000 posts in 3 years breaks down to 42 posts a day, which is nearly two posts an hour from Comrade SwordShill. A perosn spending so much time on here obviously isn't working -no job would allow such a waste of company time- nor does he have a family- no wife would allow her husband to ignore the family for an online forum, same with the roles reversed. So we are left with two options. Either Comrade SS is a pathetic loser with no job, no life, and no friends beyond this forum and dependent on welfare to survive or he is a sock puppet operated by multiple people intent or pushing a narrative or blind loyalty to Republican Party supremacy who actively attacks any real world action not in line with subservience to the Party.

At first I was charitable and thought the former. But now I can see it is almost certainly the latter. Which is why he opposes and mocks people taking real world action as you suggest.
More lies and insults.

I never opposed rallies, I opposed rallies to no purpose and opposition to improvements combined with a failure to do anything substantial to achieve the perfection he demands.

But you and he are just here to misdirect and hobble the movement so of course you jump in to agree with him and attack me.

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 12:16 AM
Pretty much anything I can think of.
The bumpstock ban was bad enough and I can't think of anything else that wouldn't be more significant.

If he does something like banning black paint on guns that might not qualify but that isn't likely.

Son_of_Liberty90
08-05-2019, 02:12 AM
Some republicans are coming out in favor of 'red flag' gun laws now

Anti Globalist
08-05-2019, 07:12 AM
I hope that action hes referring to isn't gun control.

Sammy
08-05-2019, 08:58 AM

That's not new, George W Bush,Nixon & even Reagan supported Gun Control.

PAF
08-05-2019, 09:07 AM

I am seeing that as well. Even at work this morning a couple of "republicans" said that something must be done and they will support trump on anything that he can recommend.

:mad:

What democrats can not accomplish, insert "republican". It is pathetic.

Origanalist
08-05-2019, 09:12 AM
More lies and insults.

I never opposed rallies, I opposed rallies to no purpose and opposition to improvements combined with a failure to do anything substantial to achieve the perfection he demands.

But you and he are just here to misdirect and hobble the movement so of course you jump in to agree with him and attack me.

What movement is that? The Great Swordsmyth Movement?

Origanalist
08-05-2019, 09:14 AM
I am seeing that as well. Even at work this morning a couple of "republicans" said that something must be done and they will support trump on anything that he can recommend.

:mad:

What democrats can not accomplish, insert "republican". It is pathetic.

And if you oppose it "you just want people to die".

enhanced_deficit
08-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?537659-Trump-condemns-‘racism-bigotry-and-white-supremacy’&)

President Donald Trump on Monday condemned “racism, bigotry and white supremacy” in the wake of two mass shootings over the weekend that left 29 dead and dozens more injured.

He backed so-called red-flag laws that enable guns to be removed from high-risk individuals, called for mass shooters to be given the death penalty and vowed to address radicalization through the internet and social media.
He did not mention his prior call for background checks — an overwhelmingly popular gun control measure that has already passed the Democrat-controlled House — in his roughly 10-minute speech.
Americans are “outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil, the cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed and the terror,” Trump said.
“Hate has no place in America … hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul,” Trump said.

Cap
08-05-2019, 09:18 AM
The possibilities are endless, in keeping with the NEW site mission, we could have a pre-crime minority report forum. How about a see something say something forum. A simple change in the text of the Liberty forums could re-name the Liberty forums to something like Ending Liberty to save Liberty (that's got a nice ring to it). Let's hear some more ideas.

Cap
08-05-2019, 09:26 AM
The possibilities are endless, in keeping with the NEW site mission, we could have a pre-crime minority report forum. How about a see something say something forum (we could call it ESPY). A simple change in the text of the Liberty forums could re-name the Liberty forums to something like Ending Liberty to save Liberty (that's got a nice ring to it). Let's hear some more ideas. TheTexan?

devil21
08-05-2019, 09:48 AM

The covert movement toward world government under the cover of the fabulous two-party system that's served us all so very, very well.

It's really kind of obvious when rallies of actual people are decried as "no purpose" but ivory towers writing words on paper is "real progress".

Any way, so Trump is indeed calling for red flags laws (recent FBI "leaked memo" about conspiracy theorists being domestic terrorists is pure coincidence, of course) and as-yet-unspecified tighter background checks. Collective +rep for posters that accurately predicted it yesterday. Remember that back in Nazi Germany, the SS (ahem) didn't monitor people for compliance. They couldn't. They relied on brainwashing the populous, via false flags and propaganda, to monitor each other and "see something, say something".

Cap
08-05-2019, 09:55 AM
The covert movement toward world government under the cover of the fabulous two-party system that's served us all so very, very well.

It's really kind of obvious when rallies of actual people are decried as "no purpose" but ivory towers writing words on paper is "real progress".

Any way, so Trump is indeed calling for red flags laws (recent FBI "leaked memo" about conspiracy theorists being domestic terrorists is pure coincidence, of course) and as-yet-unspecified tighter background checks. Collective +rep for posters that accurately predicted it yesterday. Remember that back in Nazi Germany, the SS (ahem) didn't monitor people for compliance. They couldn't. They relied on brainwashing the populous to monitor each other and "see something, say something".

Bless you brother, I hope you are not coming down with something.

PAF
08-05-2019, 09:55 AM

Any way, so Trump is indeed calling for red flags laws (recent FBI "leaked memo" about conspiracy theorists being domestic terrorists is pure coincidence, of course) and as-yet-unspecified tighter background checks. Collective +rep for posters that accurately predicted it yesterday. Remember that back in Nazi Germany, the SS (ahem) didn't monitor people for compliance. They couldn't. They relied on brainwashing the populous to monitor each other and "see something, say something".

There used to be a time when we "Followed the Money". Now when threads are made to that affect, they are simply ignored and/or quickly bumped to the bottom.

TheTexan
08-05-2019, 10:01 AM
TheTexan?

I think it would be best if forums such as this one were required to use a real name, with a verified photo ID. Like Facebook.

It would make it SO much easier to report people and/or get them fired from their jobs for their comments here.

Cap
08-05-2019, 10:05 AM
I think it would be best if forums such as this one were required to use a real name, with a verified photo ID. Like Facebook.

It would make it SO much easier to report people and/or get them fired from their jobs for their comments here.Another step in the right direction. Oh, did you get my last +rep? I owe you a bunch.

invisible
08-05-2019, 10:05 AM

Remember that quote when he eventually starts attempting to demonize the people of PR.

Son_of_Liberty90
08-05-2019, 10:06 AM

It would make it SO much easier to report people and/or get them fired from their jobs for their comments here.

Dont you know, anonymous discussion boards are breeding grounds for terrorists!

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Rallies by themselves accomplish nothing, laws that stop people from being arrested for carrying guns DO.

PierzStyx
08-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Anyone Speaking The Facts:

Comrade SwordShill's Response
https://memestatic1.fjcdn.com/comments/Looks+as+though+there+is+a+projector+between+him+a nd+_e220688836d5f91fe20411a322a1c74d.jpg

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Anyone Speaking The Facts:

Comrade SwordShill's Response
:sleeping:

invisible
08-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Rallies by themselves accomplish nothing

By all means discourage activism, after all, we wouldn't want to end up like PR!
Isn't trump doing a great job at cutting regulations?

kcchiefs6465
08-06-2019, 09:42 AM
They are saying that the shooter used a pistol brace as a legal loophole to avoid short barreled rifle laws.

I wonder if Donald Trump will EO pistol braces to be classified as stocks turning thousands of people into potential felons overnight?

And then I wonder if the Trump apologists will have the balls to come here, of all places, to pontificate that pistol braces are just stupid firearm accessories and that you can still own a SBR (if you get your tax stamp and sheriff's approval).

devil21
08-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Rallies by themselves accomplish nothing, laws that stop people from being arrested for carrying guns DO.

Gee, you think maybe it's rallies that pressure legislators into taking those kinds of actions? Politicians love their officeholder status more than they love any ideological platform. Reminding them that they can and will be voted out, via rallies and actual action, is how that is accomplished. Sitting on ass is not.

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 06:06 PM
By all means discourage activism, after all, we wouldn't want to end up like PR!
Isn't trump doing a great job at cutting regulations?

Gee, you think maybe it's rallies that pressure legislators into taking those kinds of actions? Politicians love their officeholder status more than they love any ideological platform. Reminding them that they can and will be voted out, via rallies and actual action, is how that is accomplished. Sitting on ass is not.
I never said not to rally, PAF said a bill that restored the right to carry to many people was bad because it wasn't perfect, if you rally and oppose bills that make progress but are not perfect you aren't doing any good.

PAF
08-06-2019, 06:43 PM
I never said not to rally, PAF said a bill that restored the right to carry to many people was bad because it wasn't perfect, if you rally and oppose bills that make progress but are not perfect you aren't doing any good.

What I said was, "It is up to each and every one of us to defend and protect our Natural Rights - NOT politicians and ridiculous bills that raise the age to 21 in exchange for something else."

Nowhere in the Bill of Rights is age mentioned. What's next once people are conditioned that legislation overrides the Bill of Rights, raise the age to 25?

Every time "compromise" is entertained with politicians/bureaucrats/leftists, you can bet 10 to 1 that more loss of rights will occur. I think it is well past time to take a concrete stand and quit taking shit.

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 06:57 PM

What I said was, "It is up to each and every one of us to defend and protect our Natural Rights - NOT politicians and ridiculous bills that raise the age to 21 in exchange for something else."

You keep misrepresenting what the bill does.
Currently NOBODY can carry without a permit, the bill allows people 21 and older to carry without a permit and people 18-21 can still get a permit.
It's not ideal but it is a big improvement.

Nowhere in the Bill of Rights is age mentioned. What's next once people are conditioned that legislation overrides the Bill of Rights, raise the age to 25?
I agree but you would rather have everyone be treated like criminals instead of moving things in the right direction.

Every time "compromise" is entertained with politicians/bureaucrats/leftists, you can bet 10 to 1 that more loss of rights will occur. I think it is well past time to take a concrete stand and quit taking $#@!.
It's not a compromise to move things in the right direction, nothing was given up in the wrong direction.

If a bill can be passed to remove all restrictions I'm all for that but donn't oppose bills that move things in the right direction or we will NEVER get what you want.

PAF
08-06-2019, 07:09 PM
You keep misrepresenting what the bill does.
Currently NOBODY can carry without a permit, the bill allows people 21 and older to carry without a permit and people 18-21 can still get a permit.
It's not ideal but it is a big improvement.

I agree but you would rather have everyone be treated like criminals instead of moving things in the right direction.

It's not a compromise to move things in the right direction, nothing was given up in the wrong direction.

If a bill can be passed to remove all restrictions I'm all for that but donn't oppose bills that move things in the right direction or we will NEVER get what you want.

Specifying an age requirement certainly does move things on the wrong direction.

The ONLY bill that I would support is a bill that would eliminate all other bills - except for the 2nd Amendment Bill contained in the Bill of Rights.

We need more people like me. And my cuzros down in Pittsburgh.

With current events, and all of the gun-toters throughout this country, perhaps the gun-toters will wake up out of their stupor.

Your way takes us backward. Just what the corrupt politicians/leftists want. That way precedent will be established and they can offer another stupid bill down the road. Like I said, raise the age to 25 or some other stupid crap.

Don't you defend and protect your own Natural Rights? It doesn't appear that you do, considering what you type.

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Specifying an age requirement certainly does move things on the wrong direction.

The ONLY bill that I would support is a bill that would eliminate all other bills - except for the 2nd Amendment Bill contained in the Bill of Rights.

We need more people like me. And my cuzros down in Pittsburgh.

With current events, and all of the gun-toters throughout this country, perhaps the gun-toters will wake up out of their stupor.

Your way takes us backward. Just what the corrupt politicians/leftists want. That way precedent will be established and they can offer another stupid bill down the road. Like I said, raise the age to 25 or some other stupid crap.

Don't you defend and protect your own Natural Rights? It doesn't appear that you do, considering what you type.
How many times do I have to tell you that NOBODY is allowed to carry without a permit right now?
More people allowed to carry without a permit = progress in the right direction, it doesn't set ANY new precedents because the current precedent is that the state can prohibit anyone or everyone from carrying without a permit.

PAF
08-06-2019, 07:21 PM
How many times do I have to tell you that NOBODY is allowed to carry without a permit right now?
More people allowed to carry without a permit = progress in the right direction, it doesn't set ANY new precedents because the current precedent is that the state can prohibit anyone or everyone from carrying without a permit.

Nobody?

I carry the 2nd Amendment in my shoulder-holster. Granted I have been harassed a couple of times, but the message is becoming crystal clear. Maybe that's why more people are "allowed" nowadays.

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Nobody?

I carry the 2nd Amendment in my shoulder-holster. Granted I have been harassed a couple of times, but the message is becoming crystal clear. Maybe that's why more people are "allowed" nowadays.
You can ignore the law but most people won't and right now the law in Ohio prohibits ANYONE from carrying without a permit, the new law is a very big improvement.

PAF
08-06-2019, 07:28 PM
You can ignore the law but most people won't and right now the law in Ohio prohibits ANYONE from carrying without a permit, the new law is a very big improvement.

I do a LOT of activism in Ohio, just like I do here. It's just right over the "border".

Swordsmyth, a serious question that you don't have to answer on the forum... do you get out at all? Are you politically active in your community?

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 07:30 PM
I do a LOT of activism in Ohio, just like I do here. It's just right over the "border".

Swordsmyth, a serious question that you don't have to answer on the forum... do you get out at all? Are you politically active in your community?
I do get out and I do a little politicking from time to time.

PAF
08-06-2019, 07:35 PM
I do get out and I do a little politicking from time to time.

What about in areas of "civil disobedience", alone or in groups?

Do you coordinate Constitution Picnic Events for the kids and community at your local park?

Do you work gun shows each month, set up tables with material and discuss with people?

Do you go to biker bars for hot-wings and talk with the hard core folks about Rights and the political environment? They usually conceal/open carry and are good folks to start with.

jmdrake
08-06-2019, 07:44 PM

EO banning magazines.

"Red Flag" law.

Bans on certain rifles.

You name it...The Drunken Monkey set a goddamn dangerous precedent on the bump stock ban, and it's going to bite us square in the ass.

That's what I see coming: regulatory fatwas dunned onto the everfucked people by Executive Order.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 07:46 PM
What about in areas of "civil disobedience", alone or in groups?

Do you coordinate Constitution Picnic Events for the kids and community at your local park?

Do you work gun shows each month, set up tables with material and discuss with people?

Do you go to biker bars for hot-wings and talk with the hard core folks about Rights and the political environment? They usually conceal/open carry and are good folks to start with.
I'm not going to go into many details but I am not a big time activist, I have collected signatures on petitions and been a PCP for Ron and campaigned for good candidates.

I'm not going to get into a contest over who is holier so don't bother going any farther with this.

PAF
08-06-2019, 07:49 PM
I'm not going to go into many details but I am not a big time activist, I have collected signatures on petitions and been a PCP for Ron and campaigned for good candidates.

I'm not going to get into a contest over who is holier so don't bother going any farther with this.

No contest, that is not my intent. I am simply asking for an exchange of ideas so that we can perhaps activate more effectively. You gotta lighten up, bro ;-)

Swordsmyth
08-06-2019, 07:51 PM
No contest, that is not my intent. I am simply asking for an exchange of ideas so that we can perhaps activate more effectively. You gotta lighten up, bro ;-)
I don't have any innovative ideas but if I get any I will share them with the forum.

PAF
08-06-2019, 08:00 PM
I don't have any innovative ideas but if I get any I will share them with the forum.

I had Charlie Earl, Ohio House of Reps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC8X3E7EpIM) and Bill Reil, Founder and Executive Director of the Sheriff Brigades Of Pennsylvania (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfucPasj_U) (who is a good friend of mine) attend one of our Constitution Events. Great turnout and lots of fun :-) Click on those links and that's the event that I coordinated.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2019, 08:02 PM
I had Charlie Earl, Ohio House of Reps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC8X3E7EpIM) and Bill Reil, Founder and Executive Director of the Sheriff Brigades Of Pennsylvania (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfucPasj_U) (who is a good friend of mine) attend one of our Constitution Events. Great turnout and lots of fun :-) Click on those links and that's the event that I coordinated.

I called and talked to Gov. Sununu's office today.

He vetoed a "Red Flag" bill on Friday, and of course, all hell broke loose over the weekend.

Asked him to please hold firm, and veto the next three gun control bills working their way to his desk.

PAF
08-06-2019, 08:04 PM
I called and talked to Gov. Sununu's office today.

He vetoed a "Red Flag" bill on Friday, and of course, all hell broke loose over the weekend.

Asked him to please hold firm, and veto the next three gun control bills working their way to his desk.

+ REP :up:

PAF
08-06-2019, 08:21 PM
Anti Federalist Swordsmyth

Watch this starting at the 14 minute mark:

Bill Reil, Founder and Executive Director of the Sheriff Brigades Of Pennsylvania (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfucPasj_U)

Cap
08-07-2019, 03:02 AM
///

angelatc
09-09-2019, 12:05 PM

EO banning magazines.

"Red Flag" law.

Bans on certain rifles.

Yep... "He's talking about mental illness!" Because what kind of a cretin would oppose restricting the sale of firearms to mentally ill people? Nobody can, at least not successfully. It's a trojan horse, and the pro-Trumpers are wearing shiny happy spurs.