PDA

View Full Version : Michelle 2020

Pauls' Revere
08-01-2019, 08:59 PM
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/455702-michael-moore-urges-michelle-obama-to-run-against-trump

“In fact, it is Obama — Michelle Obama,” Moore said on MSNBC. “Everybody watching this right now knows she is a beloved American and she would go in there and she would beat him.”

Moore said it is not enough to have a Democratic candidate who will defeat Trump, noting that his 2016 Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, won 3 million more votes nationwide.

“The only way to remove Trump is to crush Trump. And that’s the question that has to be asked, who can crush Trump? Who’s the street fighter?” Moore said.

He said four of the Democratic presidential candidates — former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) — could beat Trump. But he said that is not enough.

Obama, he said, would be able to crush Trump.

“She would beat him in the debates, he wouldn’t be able to bully her, he wouldn’t be able to nickname her,” he said.

Moore cited Obama’s popular tour for her memoir “Becoming."

“She takes the stage and she’s so powerful and so good you just look at that and think of course she could win,” he said.

Obama, however, is not among the vast field of two dozen Democrats looking to face Trump in 2020.

“Well, has anyone asked her?” Moore said. “If asked to serve, I believe she would serve.”

Obama is the most admired woman in the world, according to a July YouGov poll, beating out Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie and Queen Elizabeth II.

A former lawyer and University of Chicago dean, she has made no indication that she intends to run for the presidency or any other office.

The Obamas are likely to hold out on endorsing a candidate until one is chosen by the party.

A spokesperson for the Obamas did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Funny, I had an off the cuff discussion Re: the DNC debates with a coworker. I said I'm not watching that closely because frankly its a cluster with 20 candidates. If I was a DNC candidate I would announce right before or just after the holidays. That is if its still legal to register and all that. We discussed this strategy and thought it would even be excusable because, well there's 20 candidates and you would enter after the field is parred down. Thus saving your campaign money and be taken more seriously. We both thought it wasn't a terrible idea but wondered who, who out there could do that? Here's the short list, and they're all women. Hillary (repeat 2016) but not likely and she might be burnt out. Oprah Whinfrey, star power and a good following with some political clout I suppose. Michelle Obama (Most favored), politically connected, star power brand name, can debate, and could quite possibly beat Trump. I open up Drudge and see there's an article suggesting the very same.

Brian4Liberty
08-01-2019, 11:21 PM
Sure, she seems bullet proof now. She is treated with kid gloves.

If she gets in the ring, the gloves come off. Every stupid thing she has ever said gets scrutinized. And there will no longer be restraint in attacks on her. And if her true evil bitch personally comes out, her support will plummet.

enhanced_deficit
08-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Michael Moore, a closet MAGA supporter, was pushing her name. No chance.

This is even stranger and way less electable ticket than Rand-Tulsi 2020 trial balloon while back.

Stratovarious
08-01-2019, 11:58 PM
I'd be more likely to vote for their dog.

donnay
08-02-2019, 04:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBeVJ9TFofM

Anti Globalist
08-02-2019, 07:46 AM
People need to stop thinking that just because their husband was president, it doesn't qualify his wife as a presidential candidate.

kahless
08-02-2019, 09:56 AM
We need to have the 1st woman President, 1st black woman President, the 1st trans President and the first, first lady to become President. The combination of all four with Michelle would be like a grand slam checking all the right boxes. Oh how it makes me feel, nothing else matters, policies don't matter, we must have this. I cried when the hosts talked about this on CNN and MSNBC, give me now, my feelings, end the patriarchy and white supremacy. Orange man bad.

https://i.imgur.com/Rh3WFLP.jpg

IDK, perhaps a combination IQ and civics test should be a voting requirement.

Working Poor
08-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Yes let's have a really interesting election why don't we. Go Michelle!

Superfluous Man
08-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Sure, she seems bullet proof now. She is treated with kid gloves.

If she gets in the ring, the gloves come off. Every stupid thing she has ever said gets scrutinized. And there will no longer be restraint in attacks on her. And if her true evil bitch personally comes out, her support will plummet.

I completely agree.

She's never been in a debate. Put her in one and watch her flounder.

Brian4Liberty
08-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Big Mother. All shall fear her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdUCLQK21Pk

Cap
08-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Well, the evidence does point to the Obama's being more fiscally responsible. Not much but some. Lesser of two evils right?