PDA

View Full Version : Motley Fool Caps Blog - Help

T206
12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Im a member (same name T206) on the Motley Fool Caps game, which is a stock picking simulation that also allows blog posts. There are just over 40,000 users of this feature.

Last night I posted what I think is a short and simple bit about how people can save the economy by voting for Ron Paul in the primaries and election, and also by donating to the TeaParty. I figured because my score there is pretty high (Currently in the top 10ish % of the 40k users) I would get a lot of views, but so far I have only 2 comments and 3 recommendations.

You dont need to be registered to click on the "rec this" vote option, so if any of you are so inclined could you please visit the following link and recommend the post if you agree with the message? If you are a member there, feel free to leave a comment too.

http://caps.fool.com/ViewPlayer.aspx?t=01006532678212784940&tab=qs (after you click on the link, look for the tab that says "blog" and click on that)

Thanks for reading and thanks for your help...this could help get our message in front of a few hundred or thousand more people. :)

Adam Smith
12-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey, I'm Zanibel17 on CAPS. I commented on your blog post AND recommended it!

CAPS is full of Ron Paul supporters, a couple of which are from the forums, and the rest are are just random RP folks. Jahru, tnvoter, abitercaterina, those are three outright supporters. Imperial1964 is a closet RP person (I think). I know there are more.

Do you post on mish shedlock's globaleconomicanalysis.com (http://www.globaleconomicanalysis.com)? That's where I first really heard about RP. (I'm a converted Neo-con. All it took was people I respected telling me the truth.) I also like ml-implode.com (http://www.ml-implode.com) the Mogambo Guru on the Daily Reckoning website.

Anyway, just throwing my two cents in there. Those of you who haven't heard a lot about what the financial community thinks about Ron Paul should go take a look. He is highly regarded by both bulls and bears.

Libertarian
12-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Registration is required, but it literally takes 5-6 seconds and you DON'T need to check your email to post (I used a fake email). Please do it yall ;)

T206
12-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Zanibel17 , thanks...funny to see you here too :) I replied to your post so thanks for your help. Ill have to check out the site you mentioned.

Libertarian...thanks for your help too I think that the audience there (as Adam Smith/Zanibel also said) is a great target since they are so focused on and educated about the economy.

rightobeleftalone
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
T206 I registered, Rec'd and posted a comment under hank975. thanks for the heads up. I like motley fool. I trade options all morning long btw. Go Ron Paul!

T206
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
T206 I registered, Rec'd and posted a comment under hank975. thanks for the heads up. I like motley fool. I trade options all morning long btw. Go Ron Paul!
Thanks! I appreciate the help.

I find that site helpful in my investing, sometimes Ill run some stocks through some screening criteria and then take the results and plug them into Caps...gives me a good tool for tracking how my screener works if I were to actually buy the stocks.

T206
12-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Evening bump for the Mad Money viewers. :)

rebelforacause
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM
How many people would want to use leverage to trade stocks like google & ETF's?
Instead of 2 to 1?