PDA

View Full Version : Holocaust Survivor Leaving US: "I've Seen This Before"

CurtisLow
07-03-2007, 08:22 AM
One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach. When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.

I have related this event to you in the hopes it will serve as a cautionary anecdote about the state of our Union, and to illustrate the path we Americans are being led down by a group of fanatics bent on global economic and military dominion. When a man who survived the fruits of fascism decides its time to leave THIS country because he's seeing the same patterns that led to the Holocaust and other Nazi horrors beginning to form here, it is time for us to recognize the underlying evil inherent in the actions of those who claim they work for all Americans, and for all mankind. And it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them.

http://killfile.newsvine.com/_news/2007/07/03/815790-holocaust-survivor-leaving-us-ive-seen-this-before?email=html

Korey Kaczynski
07-03-2007, 08:56 AM
"starved for it" is verbatim what Elie Wiesel said. I don't believe this story -- it sounds like someone is trying to make propaganda.

Wendi
07-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Poignant message... but I have doubts it is 100% accurate.

ChooseLiberty
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Sounds completely fabricated.

If Jews were leaving they would head to Israel like they do all the time.

Tell them next time they write a fake story try to make it more "real".

Spirit of '76
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I've seen this before, too. This exact same story, that is, just before the 2000 elections. :rolleyes:

Ponce
07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I sure would like it to be true, I would be willing to hire a limo and take each and every one of them to the airport.

By the way, that would mean that there would me no Neocons left in the US, sweet........no more wars.

joenaab
07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
If Jews were leaving they would head to Israel like they do all the time.

Incorrect. Jews are fleeing Israel in record numbers now, permanently, especially the youth. Are you suggesting that Israel is safer than Germany today? South America has become a preferred destination for them. I've seen them in several countries here in large numbers, significant since Israel doesn't have such a large population.

There are small beach cities in Brazil where all the store fronts, bed & Breakfast signs, internet cafes, etc. are written in Hebrew.

There are 250,000 Americans leaving the U.S. permanently each year. They are educated, well-monied, and entrepreneurial minded. The exact type of person you would want to stay.

ChooseLiberty
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Sorry Joe, you're really trying to read and imply way too much into my sarcasm. I really don't think more Jews flee to Germany than Israel tho.

But that's interesting about Jews in Brazil. Got any neocons? Watch closely to see if Brazil starts forming "coalitions of the coerced" and trying to kill large groups of people for Israel. Fun stuff.

Incorrect. Jews are fleeing Israel in record numbers now, permanently, especially the youth. Are you suggesting that Israel is safer than Germany today? South America has become a preferred destination for them. I've seen them in several countries here in large numbers, significant since Israel doesn't have such a large population.

There are small beach cities in Brazil where all the store fronts, bed & Breakfast signs, internet cafes, etc. are written in Hebrew.

There are 250,000 Americans leaving the U.S. permanently each year. They are educated, well-monied, and entrepreneurial minded. The exact type of person you would want to stay.

Nefertiti
07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Actually, there ARE more Jews immigrating to Germany today than to Israel. They mostly are Russian Jews, but as of a couple years ago they were outnumbering those going to Israel. Don't know if it is still the case now but two or three years ago it was.

constituent
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
You Can't Go Home Again by Thomas Wolfe (not tom wolfe). Excellent portrait of brown-shirted Germany and the social climate at the time.

Broadlighter
07-04-2007, 01:43 AM
I thought some in the Neo-Con camp were Jewish. What is Paul Wolfowitz, Michael Medved, Mark Levin?

Neo-Cons are also extremely Pro-Israel.

Sorry, the story just doesn't fly.

SeekLiberty
07-04-2007, 02:02 AM
One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach. When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.

I have related this event to you in the hopes it will serve as a cautionary anecdote about the state of our Union, and to illustrate the path we Americans are being led down by a group of fanatics bent on global economic and military dominion. When a man who survived the fruits of fascism decides its time to leave THIS country because he's seeing the same patterns that led to the Holocaust and other Nazi horrors beginning to form here, it is time for us to recognize the underlying evil inherent in the actions of those who claim they work for all Americans, and for all mankind. And it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them.

http://killfile.newsvine.com/_news/2007/07/03/815790-holocaust-survivor-leaving-us-ive-seen-this-before?email=html

Whether this is a fable or not, it seems like some may have missed the main point of the message ...

"it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them."

Ron said in his speech on Patriotism that we're sliding into a military dictatorship.

That alone should behoove "all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them."

I know I've said this before but I'll keep repeating it because it's true. The way "to stop them" is here:

Constitutional Homeland Security: A Call for Americans to Revitalize the Militia of the Several States. Volume I, The Nation in Arms [UNABRIDGED] (Paperback)
by Edwin Vieira (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Constitutional-Homeland-Security-Americans-Revitalize/dp/0967175925/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8267830-3940011?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183535998&sr=8-1

- SL

kimosabi
07-04-2007, 02:28 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but finding out what is really going on makes me feel :( sick to my stomach :( and I'm not even in the United States.

It's obscene, it's immoral, and it needs to be stopped now, before it's too late.

buffalokid777
07-04-2007, 02:47 AM
I thought some in the Neo-Con camp were Jewish. What is Paul Wolfowitz, Michael Medved, Mark Levin?

Neo-Cons are also extremely Pro-Israel.

Sorry, the story just doesn't fly.

Neocons are pro Zionist...NOT pro Jewish.....

Orthodox Jews are completely different from the Zionazis......Zionists are Neo-Orthodoxy jews.......

WOW....WOLFOWITZ IS A NEOCON TOO........HRMMMM....Makes You THINK!

Ponce
07-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Neocons are pro Zionist...NOT pro Jewish.....

Orthodox Jews are completely different from the Zionazis......Zionists are Neo-Orthodoxy jews.......

WOW....WOLFOWITZ IS A NEOCON TOO........HRMMMM....Makes You THINK!

You got it Buffalo and that's the problem with the American people and most of the world because they have been brainwashed into thinking that the Zionist (a political party) and the Jews (a religion) are one and the same.

The Zionists are riding piggy back on the Jews in order to camuflage themselves and beeing able to call someone anti Semitic if they disagree with anything that they (Zionist) are doing.

By the way? what's wrong with being anti Semitic???, I could be anti Christian or anti Portestant or anti Muslim .......so.......what's wrong with being anti Semitic???

buffalokid777
07-04-2007, 12:53 PM
By the way? what's wrong with being anti Semitic???, I could be anti Christian or anti Portestant or anti Muslim .......so.......what's wrong with being anti Semitic???

I will tell you what's wrong with that statement......

Being anti-whatever religion is just pretty much spreading hate....and that is NEVER a good thing.....

The only reason I know the difference between Zionism and Othodox Judaism is because growing up I had two good friends who's family were orthodox Jews....and they set me straight on the difference....

Believe me, I don't have an anti semitic bone in my body.....Alan and Phil were both orthodox jews, I was a christian...yet we were good friends, none of us used our religion as a wedge to seperate our friendship....I moved away from that area when I graduated high school but if I hadn't I am sure I would still be hanging out with them today.....

My point though is people need to stop judging people based on their religious beliefs. Instead judge people by their words and deeds and actions. Good peopl are good people, bad people are bad people....judging them by their religion is just plain wrong.

Ponce
07-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Buffalo? by saying "judging them by their religion is just plain wrong" are you talkig only about the Jews or also about the Muslims???

buffalokid777
07-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Buffalo? by saying "judging them by their religion is just plain wrong" are you talkig only about the Jews or also about the Muslims???

What are you trying to say?

Do you think all Muslims are evil?

Do you think all Jews are evil?

Do you think all Christians are evil?

Do you think all Atheists are evil?

Do you think all Hindus are Evil?

I see these as group generalizations.....It's about indviduals not groups....

And I am talking about all religions....(except maybe Luciferian satan worship_

I think people who kill and murder innocents are evil no matter what religion they claim to be....

Likewise I would be hard pressed to consider someone evil, who never kills, never steals, never lies, always helps those in need, no matter what religion they claim to be.

Ponce
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Good show Buffalo, you didn't mention the Zionists which is a political party and not a religion one.......looks like we are on the same side.

I for one have no religion but I don't care what they do as long as they don't hurt me.