PDA

View Full Version : Busing: That Little Jew Was Me

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 03:07 PM
For the record, that was me too.

Forced into a busing scheme that trucked my ass 45 minutes into a ghetto "school" that was so bad, at that time, it had lost it's state certifications.

What followed was two years of prison, basically, on constant guard and fighting every other day just to survive.

Thank Christ in those days you could just walk away at 16...

Busing: That Little Jew Was Me

https://www.takimag.com/article/busing-that-little-jew-was-me/

by David Cole

July 09, 2019

“That little girl was me,” declared mocha madwoman Kamala Harris during the first debate of the Kallikak Party candidates, as she “devastated” Joe Biden by making the killer point that she’d been among the first of her kind in her city to “integrate” a school via busing. As a service to my millennial and Mennonite readers (plus the one or two of you raised in a rape dungeon by your creepy uncle), mandatory school busing was an attempt to racially “balance” public schools by shipping white kids to black schools and black kids to white ones. The resulting racial harmony was supposed to usher in a utopia…an “Age of Blaquarius,” if you will.

Biden, back in the days before his brush with a cancerous tumor (by which I mean Obama), was vehemently anti-busing. As was I, because in 1978, the bus was a-comin’ for me.

My parents bought a house in a quaint little L.A. Westside neighborhood specifically because there was a school nearby. I’ve always despised mornings, and my mom knew that the best way to get me to go to school hassle-free was if I could sleep in as late as possible each morning.

A school a half block from the house was perfect.

But during my fifth-grade year, the school district told me I’d have to get up 90 minutes early to catch the bus to the intersection of Dolemite and Sweetback. No fucking way, and I’m pretty sure I said that exact sentence to my mom. My reluctance wasn’t racial. As I often mention in this column, I attended majority black junior high and high schools, while my candy-ass white friends opted out for private ones. But damned if I was gonna wake up at 5:30 a.m. five days a week because Shmuely Zipfelschitz of the ACLU got a court order. Not with a perfectly fine school a half block away.

So I told my parents, let’s find a private school as close as possible. That’s literally how we chose it—distance. The school’s academic record was irrelevant. The Newbridge Academy for Pampered Rich Douchebags (I may be remembering the name wrong) was where I spent the second semester of fifth grade.

I hated it—it was pretentious, Jewy, and the kids called the teachers by their first names (even the principal was “Mike”). But I got to sleep in, so I stayed.

I have several black friends my age who were bused that same year. Cleve is one of them. He’s a “civilian” with a normal life who’d prefer his real name not be used. But if his name is fake, his story isn’t.

Cleve also had a school a block away from his home…an entirely black school. So the courts said, “Go north, youngblood,” and he did. Cleve’s experience was positive. Academically, he noticed little difference between the new school and the old one. Clean white public school or drab black public school, the teachers were the same UTLA automatons. If you’re serving slop from a filthy trough, does it matter if it’s served on a paper plate or a silver platter?

Those were the days before computers. So what difference did the school’s wealth make? Every public school used the same books and the same desks and chairs. But Cleve benefited in one key way…socially. He made some very good friends among the white students, and, most important, he got made fun of less. Cleve is dark-skinned and thick-lipped. He’s the French roast to Kamala Harris’ caramel mocha. And in his all-black school, he’d been ridiculed mercilessly for his looks. But at the new school, Cleve soon realized that the white kids didn’t give a damn about skin tone or lips. The daily abuse he got at the black school suddenly…ended. So I don’t blame him for having good memories of busing.

What Cleve dreaded every day was not the “racism” of white students (he found none of that), but the bus rides. An hour-plus each way of unsupervised hell. That’s when the teasing and abuse were at their worst. And this problem was actually foreseen by one of busing’s most influential advocates. John A. Finger was a liberal New England professor (of course) who served as the NAACP’s busing counsel, and the court-appointed busing “expert” in over a dozen court cases in the 1970s. Indeed, in cities like Denver, Boston, Charlotte, and Oklahoma City, the busing schemes were called “the Finger Plan.”

In April 1974, in his report to Judge William Doyle of the U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, Finger offered the following rosy defense of his scheme:

Despite the widespread opposition to busing, there is no evidence that it hurts anybody. The facts are that many children enjoy it. Others view it as just a thing one does like driving to work in one’s car. One just does it. Some children don’t like it, but that usually is because the bus is unsupervised and the children are teased or assaulted.

“There is no evidence that it hurts anybody.” Except for those “assaults” on the bus. “Some children” apparently don’t like being assaulted.

What assholes.

Busing inflicted psychological as well as physical harm on black children. Author and producer Tanner Colby (The Daily Show With Trevor Noah) detailed this harm in his Andrew Carnegie Medal-nominated book, Some of My Best Friends Are Black: The Strange Story of Integration in America:

Before desegregation, “acting white” was a phrase no one had ever heard with regard to school involvement or academics. Yet in the wake of busing, it rose to become one of the most hurtful insults one black student could level at another. Talking white, dressing white, being enthusiastic about anything “white” was forsaking one’s own.

Colby highlights the case of one high-performing black student who was bused along with his peers to a white school:

I was discriminated against more by people of my own color than I ever was by white people…. I can’t actually pinpoint an incident where a white person ever called me a niggger. I’m sure it happened, but I can’t say it was any one time. The black kids were harsher. They would say stuff to my face.

Dr. Beverly Tatum, president of historically black Spelman College, expanded on this topic in her book Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?

In a school with a lot of racial tension, Terri [a black student] felt that “the worst thing that happened” was the rejection she experienced from the other black children who were being bused to her school. Though she wanted to be friends with them, they teased her, calling her an “Oreo cookie” and sometimes beating her up.

When will these stupid kids stop bitching about a few measly assaults?

An article in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel also explores this unique gift that busing bestowed upon the black community:

[According to] Kitty Oliver, black author and writer-in-residence at Florida Atlantic University, there was a time when black students wouldn’t dare tease a student, but rather would applaud them for their achievements…. But desegregation created a clearer division of white and black. Once black and white students started attending school together, the association shifted and black students began to tease one another by pushing their smart peers into the “white” category.

In a landmark desegregation study by the late Nigerian-American anthropologist and professor Dr. John Ogbu, the author recounts an interview with a bused black student who told his school counselor why he plays dumb around his black friends: “I don’t want ’em to know I’m smart. They’ll make fun of me. I won’t have any friends. Where I live, they’re gonna say I’m white.”

Assaults, ostracism, and anti-intellectualism. Such were the joys of Kamala Harris’ beloved forced busing.

Yet some black kids like Cleve still say they benefited from the experience overall.

Why?

In April 1974, Professor Lawrence G. Felice of Baylor University presented a paper at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association. Felice was at the conference representing the National Center for Educational Research and Development (U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare). His paper was titled “Busing, Desegregation and Student Self-Concept.”

Felice found that bused students had lower academic achievement levels than non-bused students, but not to a dramatic degree. Among bused black students, Felice found a solid “meh” regarding enthusiasm for the program: “37% liked the new school better; 34% liked their new school about the same; and 29% liked their new school less.” Regarding busing in general, 24% of black students were favorable, 37% neutral, and 39% unfavorable. When the reasons for the unfavorable reactions were broken down, the biggest one (51%) had to do with the bus rides (exhaust fumes, time on the road, and negative experiences during transit). Only 6% of black students cited “racism” from white students as a problem.

Black support for integration fell 5% among bused students compared with non-bused.

Felice also found that the No. 1 shared trait among black students who reacted well to busing was a high IQ. Black students who did well in a white school were the ones who’d been bullied as “toms” in their black school. Black students with low IQs and a hostility to whites fared better, grade-wise, in black schools.

Sounds like as good an argument for school choice as anything Betsy DeVos has ever said. What it isn’t is an argument for quota-based forced busing…for importing smart black kids along with their tormentors who fare poorly academically in a new school they don’t want to attend.

Not that any of this matters anymore. Here in L.A., white flight and Mexican immigration rendered the debate moot. There are so few remaining “white” LAUSD schools, there’s no way to do the 50/50 exchanges that were tried in the ’70s. Steve Sailer pointed that out last week, but it’s important to stress just how quickly mandatory busing depleted the district of its white stock. When I tell people I went to majority black junior high and high schools, they ask, “You lived in Watts? Compton?” Nope. My high school was supposed to draw evenly from the Westside (where I lived) and southeast of the Westside (blacktown in the early 1980s). But by the time I started high school in 1983, my public school, formerly mixed, was now 85% black.

In my neck of the woods, forced busing started in 1978. By 1983 the white kids were gone. That’s a fast demographic change. Busing screwed things up quickly and irretrievably.

Busing may be done with me, but I ain’t done with it. In part 2 next week, I’ll explain why the origin of L.A.’s busing debacle tells us everything we need to know about the development of today’s SJW culture, and I’ll detail the surprising role Mexicans played as the primarily Jewish social engineers played a game of chess in which the pieces were only black and white, but never brown.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 03:12 PM
Busing, Part II: Birth of a Ruination

https://www.takimag.com/article/busing-part-ii-birth-of-a-ruination/

by David Cole

July 16, 2019

Bobbi Fiedler was a prophet. Fiedler was the 38-year-old mom and housewife who damn near single-handedly slew the mandatory school busing dragon in L.A. in the 1970s. Her organization, Bustop, gained 30,000 members in its first month. Fiedler organized the takeover of the local school board, replacing pro-busing ideologues with people who actually cared about education, and she won a congressional seat by running on an anti-busing platform.

In April 1989, the L.A. Times ran a retrospective on the busing controversy to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of Proposition 1, which effectively ended busing in California. While all of the other participants in the conflict, pro and con, acted as though mandatory busing was six feet under with a stake through its heart, Fiedler knew better:

“The issue is not dead. I’m convinced that the proponents of forced busing will not give up.”

Twenty years, almost to the month, after Fiedler spoke those words, Democrat harpy Kamala Harris announced that she wanted to bring busing back.

As Camus so famously wrote, “The plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good.”

It also bears mentioning that Harris’ call to reanimate forced busing’s rotting corpse comes at the exact moment that Coca-Cola is bringing back New Coke. Coincidence?

In last week’s column, I approached the busing issue anecdotally. This week, in Part II, I’ll “dive” a bit deeper.

Let’s begin with the one thing busing’s proponents don’t want you to know: It was never about improving academic achievement. These days, the defeated veterans of the pro-busing movement of fifty years ago, and the neo-retards who are embracing it now, love to employ the talking point that forced busing was all about “helping black kids receive better schooling.”

That is simply and objectively not true. Busing was mandated by the courts for one reason and one reason only: to integrate schools for the sake of integrating schools. To fight against “separate but equal.” Academic considerations were secondary. Desegregating schools wasn’t a means to an end (i.e., “helping black kids get better grades”); it was the end. “Mixing” black and white was the goal, and more often than not, the experts spent their time not claiming that busing would help test scores or grades, but rather that it wouldn’t hurt them.

In Part I, I introduced you to Dr. John A. Finger, the court-appointed architect of the most commonly used busing plans of the era. In 1974, in a successful attempt to force Denver schools to adopt his plan, Finger told Judge William E. Doyle of the U.S. Court of Appeals Denver, Colorado, “I wish that the citizens of Denver would know and believe that the bringing of people together is better than the alternatives of keeping them apart.”

The goal was “bringing people together.” Grades and test scores were an afterthought.

A 1974 pro-busing (but honest) study by Baylor University Professor Lawrence Felice for the United States Department of Education, Health, and Welfare (DEHW) concluded that bused black students showed “slightly lower achievement levels than non-bused students,” but “while the results of this study are inconclusive concerning the benefits of busing for black student achievement performance,” the influence of busing on grades and test scores was secondary to “the influence of school desegregation on the development of attitudes favorable to integration and the development of interracial friendships.”

“The development of positive and cordial intergroup relations may be the most important step in the effort to achieve equality of educational opportunity,” Felice concluded. In other words, busing wasn’t supposed to increase educational opportunity. Its goal was to create the “positive and cordial intergroup relations” that were a “step” toward “educational opportunity.”

Busing advocates only cared about “attitudes” and “relations,” not academic achievement. This was forced busing’s founding sin.

And speaking of “sin,” ready for some theology? In the early years of the fight to shuffle L.A.’s black and white students all over the map, the ACLU’s A.L. Wirin, seeking an unprecedented court order to mandate the busing scheme, grilled L.A. Assistant School District Superintendent Robert Kelly during a 1963 desegregation lawsuit hearing. Frustrated with Kelly’s continued insistence that “preponderance of one race (at a school) is not harmful to school children,” Wirin scored a “victory” of sorts when he got the exasperated Kelly to admit that, academic achievement aside, segregation could be “harmful to the human spirit,” so at the very least busing would help the students on a “human spirit” level.

That’s what this mess was about. Not grades, not academic excellence, but a quasi-religious belief among predominantly Jewish social engineers like Wirin (the son of Russian-Jewish immigrants) that mandatory, court-enforced racial “balance” was “good for the spirit.” And as an aside, it cannot be overlooked that during the forced-busing craze the lead attorneys for groups like the ACLU, the NAACP, and the AJC (American Jewish Congress), and the sympathetic judges who ruled in their favor, were overwhelmingly Jewish. So don’t put this one on blacks. In the aforementioned DEHW report by Lawrence Felice, the author found that support for busing among black parents was 20% favorable, 34% neutral, and 46% unfavorable.

Blacks, just like whites, wanted to have their own neighborhood schools. And the 1963 hearing that devolved into a discussion of “harm to the human spirit” was part of an effort by social engineers to prevent black neighborhood schools from expanding. Yes, you read that right. In the early 1960s, the ACLU, the NAACP, and the AJC decided to make a test case out of majority black Jordan High School, located in majority black Watts. The city next door to Watts was white working-class South Gate. Jordan High was black, South Gate High was white. The social engineers decided that the children of both schools had to be mixed together because, you know, human spirit. There was no community support in either city for this plan. Yes, the South Gate whiteys didn’t want blacks among them, and I’m not saying that wasn’t racist. But the Watts blacks wanted their kids to stay in Watts. As pointed out by UCLA’s Herbert Sosa, “members of the Watts community seldom participated in the integration debate.”

To quote Sosa at length:

63% of Watts residents believed that “moving their children to schools outside the neighborhood would not help them educationally.” Most Watts residents, according to the unscientific but informative survey, preferred improving their neighborhood schools, as well as calling for “more library books, job training, and counseling.”

In response to this clear and unambiguous community demand, the L.A. school board voted to spend millions of dollars to expand Jordan High and build two new schools in Watts.

The community loved that plan. And the ACLU, NAACP, and AJC went to court to block it. Because the goal, as I said, was not to help the black community, but to enforce “mixing” for mixing’s sake. This point deserves to be restated: The people of Watts overwhelmingly backed the school board’s neighborhood school expansion plan, and the well-funded attorneys of the ACLU, NAACP, and AJC (who were not Watts residents) went to court to block the plan that the community supported.

The social engineers won. The school expansion plan was abandoned, and Watts/South Gate busing began.

And here we see the birth of a disease. The social engineers encountered a black community that was healthy, a black community that said, “Okay, South Gate’s made up of racist whites. Fuck ’em, we’ll have our own good schools.” And the social engineers said, “You don’t know what’s good for you; we do.” And the community was bullied with court orders and legal injunctions until it finally “came around.”

The result? Today’s dependent, mentally crippled black community made up of people who want to be a part of everything whitey does (“let us in, let us in, let us in”) while also wanting to be separate (“safe space, safe space, safe space”).

This schizophrenia can be traced directly to the dirty work of the elitist lawyers who solicited and obtained a court order that was, in the words of the L.A. Times, “the first of its kind in the nation, contending that the school board had a duty to integrate classrooms even though segregation was caused by changing neighborhood growth patterns.”

The 1963 “Battle of Watts” would go on to influence every other city caught up in the busing lunacy of the ’60s and ’70s. And by the time the madness ended, the disease had altered the very DNA of the black community. A community that once instinctively reacted to the concept of busing with a resounding “Hell no, we want to have our own good schools in our own neighborhoods,” devolved into a community possessed by the notion that being “shut out” of anything white meant automatic failure and ruin.

But L.A., even then, wasn’t just a black and white city. Where were the Mexicans during this game of scholastic musical chairs?

Well, as the blacks, whites, and Jews were doing their Three Stooges “Disorder in the Court” routine, the Mexis were looking at the long game. Ain’t that an unexpected kick in the ass…the Mexicans outthought everybody. As Sosa points out, “Mexican Americans in Los Angeles opted not to participate in the [Watts] lawsuit, either as petitioners or co-counsels, because they believed that their educational goals differed from those of the African American community.”

While Jews had persuaded blacks to pursue “integration über alles,” “Mexican American students from the community of East L.A. demonstrated and called for bilingual/bicultural programs, but not integration.” In fact, the pro-busers opposed what the Mexis were doing: “Some integrationists worried that bilingual/bicultural education efforts would interfere with integration” (Sosa).

More than twenty years before Reagan’s amnesty, Mexican-American leaders saw the future. “Let the blacks, whites, and Jews fight it out; we’ll keep to ourselves, keep to our language, and one day, this town will be ours. In the end, it won’t be about sharing schools, but enveloping them.”

Credit where it’s due: They were right. Watts is now majority Latino. Jordan High School in Watts, the ground zero of forced busing, the “test case” that led to the court order that created the nationwide busing mess, is now 81% Latino.

And South Gate, the evil white city next to Watts that served as the antagonist in the ACLU/NAACP/AJC busing case? 95% Latino.

And the entire L.A. Unified School District (LAUSD)? 72.3% Latino.

Game over. And that’s why Kammy Harris won’t, can’t, get her beloved busing back. Her own party’s uncompromising stand on open borders has seen to that. You can’t desegregate that which isn’t segregated. Whites have fled the LAUSD, and blacks have fled L.A. The district is now like Harris herself—brown and unintelligible to speakers of English.

So put on a 1970s LP, Kam, and live one last moment of nostalgia. And then come back to earth, or at least as close to earth as your air-filled head can get before being carried away by the winds of another impossible dream.

tod evans
07-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Busing didn't work in the 60's/70's...... I was there.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 03:47 PM

Forced into a busing scheme that trucked my ass 45 minutes into a ghetto "school" that was so bad, at that time, it had lost it's state certifications.

What followed was two years of prison, basically, on constant guard and fighting every other day just to survive.

Now we know what warped your personality.

Origanalist
07-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Busing didn't work in the 60's/70's...... I was there.

Same, it was a joke. Everyone hated it. There may have been a few that didn't, but there weren't many.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 03:54 PM

You don't know the half of it...

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 03:56 PM
That’s what this mess was about. Not grades, not academic excellence, but a quasi-religious belief among predominantly Jewish social engineers like Wirin (the son of Russian-Jewish immigrants) that mandatory, court-enforced racial “balance” was “good for the spirit.” And as an aside, it cannot be overlooked that during the forced-busing craze the lead attorneys for groups like the ACLU, the NAACP, and the AJC (American Jewish Congress), and the sympathetic judges who ruled in their favor, were overwhelmingly Jewish. So don’t put this one on blacks. In the aforementioned DEHW report by Lawrence Felice, the author found that support for busing among black parents was 20% favorable, 34% neutral, and 46% unfavorable.
Another example of immigrants and their children imposing their beliefs on the country they came to instead of assimilating.

But let's just keep allowing unlimited numbers of them to come here and hope that someday they will have a mass epiphany and become libertarians.

Danke
07-16-2019, 05:27 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

Danke
07-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Think of all the money that could go to schools (black schools especially) if they didn't spend so much on transportation costs with bussing.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 06:09 PM
That is hilarious considering that this country was created by European immigrants.

And what happened to the peoples and the cultures that were here before them?

twomp
07-16-2019, 06:12 PM

They were replaced by a superior culture?

juleswin
07-16-2019, 06:14 PM

They were assimilated into the dominant culture

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 06:14 PM
They were exterminated, but thanks for exposing your agenda.

The cultures coming now are inferior.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 06:16 PM

Interesting take, I wonder what you'd call it when a "downgrade genocide" occurs, by replacing the standing culture with a lower quality culture?

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 06:19 PM
They were assimilated into the dominant culture

No, they were not.

They were hunted down and exterminated and vanquished, militarily.

The tiny fraction left were placed in government open air prisons, where they became wards of the state and second class citizens and still are to this day.

I have no doubt your smiley glad hands cousins from Nigeria have the same long range plans for me and my posterity, once enough of them are here.

twomp
07-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Interesting take, I wonder what you'd call it when a "downgrade genocide" occurs, by replacing the standing culture with a lower quality culture?

Unlike you, I have much more faith in capitalism, freedom and all the perks that come with it. So I don't feel the need to clamor for more government. Freedom is going to win out. Information is more freely accessible now than ever before. Capitalism is still spreading. Even China and Vietnam has a form of capitalism in its country now. Socialism is a proven failure and it will continue to fail.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 06:21 PM
First off, you lie, they were not exterminated as they are still around.

Wow, that is so lacking in historical knowledge as to be un-reply-able to.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2019, 06:26 PM
Unlike you, I have much more faith in capitalism, freedom and all the perks that come with it. So I don't feel the need to clamor for more government. Freedom is going to win out. Information is more freely accessible now than ever before. Capitalism is still spreading. Even China and Vietnam has a form of capitalism in its country now. Socialism is a proven failure and it will continue to fail.

Won't get an argument from me on that.

What do facts, logic and demonstrable results have anything to do when you whip up a mob of Bolsheviks and Jacobins?

Tell me all about it in the second term of Sanders presidency...

Of course it's a failure, and people still embrace it, and will drag me and mine along for the failure.

twomp
07-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Won't get an argument from me on that.

What do facts, logic and demonstrable results have anything to do when you whip up a mob of Bolsheviks and Jacobins?

Tell me all about it in the second term of Sanders presidency...

Of course it's a failure, and people still embrace it, and will drag me and mine along for the failure.

We are Americans. Once we see failure, we try something else. I have faith that freedom leads to success. It only ends in failure when you leave it to the hands of the government.

Danke
07-16-2019, 06:30 PM

Tell that to those natives in Hong Kong how they feel about the "Capitalism" of mainline China taking over...

twomp
07-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Tell that to those natives in Hong Kong how they feel about the "Capitalism" of mainline China taking over...

The people in China are much richer now because of capitalist markets in its country. They are now allowed to own property and businesses and they are all richer for it. They still have a long way to go before they are free but even they have realized that socialism doesn't work. Nice try though.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 06:34 PM
The people in China are much richer now because of capitalist markets in its country. They are now allowed to own property and businesses and they are all richer for it. They still have a long way to go before they are free but even they have realized that socialism doesn't work. Nice try though.
How is your social credit score?
How much does Xi pay you for posting here?

Danke
07-16-2019, 06:38 PM

Sure, that is why all the protests in Hong Kong. You can call mainline China "Capitalists" and it is to some degree from its former self. But it definitely isn't free market.

One party rules, and sets the rules.

Stratovarious
07-16-2019, 06:39 PM
LOL! at trying to destroy your culture. I believe in freedom from the government. While you are clammoring for more government to help you with your crusade. You are a hypocrite in that you claim to be religious but if your Jesus were to come back one day, you wouldn't allow him in the country without proper paper work LMAO!!!

Where on this planet do you find OPEN BORDERS turning shtholes into Shangri-Las /

You might check over at SPLC , I'm sure they would love to have you on staff, they love
promoting racism.

:frog:

twomp
07-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Sure, that is why all the protests in Hong Kong. You can call mainline China "Capitalists" and it is to some degree from its former self. But it definitely isn't free market.

One party rules, and sets the rules.

It definitely isn't free. And they have a long, long way to go but they have gotten a taste of it. Capitalism and freedom works and it is only spreading. Despite the cries of doom and gloom from you Fox News watchers.

euphemia
07-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Back to the original topic: I think this was one of the first attempts to subvert the family. Kids are transported outside their neighborhoods, so they are away from home longer, their parents can’t be so involved, and there you go.

This is also why teachers are failing. Parents can’t get off work at 7:00 then drive (if they have cars) across town to meet with a teacher or principal. Schools take advantage to some degree by shoving more nonsense into curriculum because parents also won’t drive across town to complain. But teachers are doing with less parental support and input. That’s kind of a shame.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Back to the original topic: I think this was one of the first attempts to subvert the family. Kids are transported outside their neighborhoods, so they are away from home longer, their parents can’t be so involved, and there you go.

This is also why teachers are failing. Parents can’t get off work at 7:00 then drive (if they have cars) across town to meet with a teacher or principal. Schools take advantage to some degree by shoving more nonsense into curriculum because parents also won’t drive across town to complain. But teachers are doing with less parental support and input. That’s kind of a shame.
+Rep

specsaregood
07-16-2019, 07:57 PM

Hey that was me too; but I was so far out in the country I got a taxi instead of a bus. What a fucking awful waste of money and a horrible experience.