PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Sanford to primary Trump?

Warlord
07-16-2019, 09:38 AM
Sanford, in an exclusive interview Tuesday with The Post and Courier, confirmed he will take the next month to formulate whether he will mount a potential run against Trump as a way of pushing a national debate about America’s mounting debt, deficit and government spending.

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/mark-sanford-sc-republican-former-us-rep-considers-presidential-run/article_cedccc78-a7cc-11e9-aa4e-df38b5ba34a9.html

Krugminator2
07-16-2019, 09:48 AM
I said this a for a while. I thought Sanford was a likely LP choice and probably a devastating one to Trump because he is a social conservative. He turned down Johnson in 2016 to be his running mate.

PAF
07-16-2019, 09:49 AM
He doesn't cut my mustard. Certainly when his record declined, not improved.

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 82%

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=828&nameid=S000051

72% (115th Congress: 2017-2018)
74% (114th Congress: 2015-2016)
91% (113th Congress: 2013-2014)
85% (106th Congress: 1999-2000)

invisible
07-16-2019, 11:00 AM

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=828&nameid=S000051

He cuts mine. He did keep "real id" out of SC during his tenure there, that says a lot to me. The biggest issue I would have with him is the cheating on his wife scandal, but that's on a personal level rather than his record as a lawmaker. He obviously must have been doing something right, if he was one of the victims of the trump purge. I'd jump at the chance to vote for him in a primary against trump, he's the next best thing to a Rand, Massie, or Amash. Not perfect, but solid.

EBounding
07-16-2019, 11:02 AM

enhanced_deficit
07-16-2019, 11:25 AM
GOP primary risk is no longer a laughing matter and is getting real. Especially with Fauxnews pushing polls showing MAGA losing to ragtag Dems by double digits ( even if that is result of some factions of Deep State turning on MAGA's Deep Zionism allies) and increasing funding risk for MAGA 2020 after Farage blunder, alternate GOP leadership will have a shot at taking White House in 2020. Sanford is much bigger threat than rising star rookies like Amash.

Since leaving office in January, Sanford said he has been privately mulling whether to run for the nation’s highest office. He described the internal debate as a drumbeat that never went away.“I’m a Republican. I think the Republican Party has lost its way on debt, spending and financial matters,” he said.

Sanford, who most recently had been teaching as a fellow at University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics, conceded he had been waiting to see if any other high-profile Republicans, such as former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, would primary the president. U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, who earlier this month publicly left the Republican Party, has not ruled out a presidential run himself.

Ironically, this won't be a liability for him if he primaried GOP-Left Wing/MAGA :

“Always nice to see a candidate with fewer extra marital affairs than the president,” the S.C. Democratic Party tweeted.

oyarde
07-16-2019, 03:12 PM
I would love a chance to vote for sanford in a primary but he has no chance of raising enough money to be a threat .

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 03:58 PM

Not good enough and he ruined his chances by making himself an enemy of Trump.

Put a fork in him.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 04:00 PM
They can run together on the Losertarian ticket, it's perfect.

kahless
07-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Not good enough and he ruined his chances by making himself an enemy of Trump.

Put a fork in him.

An endorsement from Justin Race-Baiter Amash was enough for me to avoid at all costs and that.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 04:09 PM
LoL.

Trump would not even show up to a debate. Nobody is going to run in the primary against Trump, and certainly nobody has a chance in hell of knocking him off of the GOP ticket.

AngryCanadian
07-16-2019, 04:10 PM
If he supports massive migration and open borders i dont see how he stands a chance.

PAF
07-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Not good enough

Agreed.

and he ruined his chances by making himself an enemy of Trump.

I don't give a flying flip about king trump. Return to states rights for a start. Then back to local. It is well past time.

Put a fork in him.

Whatever. Perhaps as fellow he can let his students know about the dangers of Real-ID/Biometrics - if he has any sense left.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 04:20 PM
I don't give a flying flip about king trump.

I just don't understand why you don't love Trump.

You claim with every post he is destroying America.

You have also stated quite plainly you want America destroyed.

So you should be quite happy with Trump destroying America, yet you constantly boo hoo about it.

There is just no pleasing some nihilists I guess.

PAF
07-16-2019, 04:28 PM
I just don't understand why you don't love Trump.

You claim with every post he is destroying America.

You have also stated quite plainly you want America destroyed.

So you should be quite happy with Trump destroying America, yet you constantly boo hoo about it.

There is just no pleasing some nihilists I guess.

You just don't get it.

Trump is a nationalist, which does nothing to promote individual liberty. And his record speaks for itself. I did not make him do those things, he did it himself.

kahless
07-16-2019, 04:33 PM
You just don't get it.

Trump is a nationalist, which does nothing to promote individual liberty. And his record speaks for itself. I did not make him do those things, he did it himself.

LOL, as if globalism and open borders will provide a future of liberty in the US, quite the opposite. I suspect you know this though.

PAF
07-16-2019, 04:38 PM
LOL, as if globalism and open borders will provide a future of liberty in the US, quite the opposite. I suspect you know this though.

Perhaps you need to sit Ron down too and explain the errors of his ways.

One thing I have learned in life that has allowed me to succeed - if you do not stand on principle, don't expect it in return.

You want restrictionism... what goes around comes around. And this government is known best for that.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 04:41 PM

One thing I have learned in life that has allowed me to succeed - if you do not stand on principle, don't expect it in return.

You want restrictionism... what goes around comes around. And this government is known best for that.
Ron doesn't support globalism and open borders, he may be in error on how to deal with trade and immigration warfare but he doesn't support your destructive positions.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 04:44 PM
You just don't get it.

You have already said plainly you want America destroyed. So you should be happy Trump is destroying it.

Don't you hate it when you spurt your true feelings out in anger and it ruins your reputation forever?

Do you think I'll ever let that one go?

What do you suppose I am going to say about you from here on out?

Might as well block me now, because I am going to tie your admitted desire for the destruction of my country to everything you ever say here, ever again. Count on it.

PAF
07-16-2019, 04:53 PM
You have already said plainly you want America destroyed. So you should be happy Trump is destroying it.

Don't you hate it when you spurt your true feelings out in anger and it ruins your reputation forever?

Do you think I'll ever let that one go?

What do you suppose I am going to say about you from here on out?

Might as well block me now, because I am going to tie your admitted desire for the destruction of my country to everything you ever say here, ever again. Count on it.

I am pretty darn certain that you will never find a quote like that coming out of me. Perhaps I have said let it tank as a way for a reset. A wish, no. A reality, we know where we're headed.

So don't play SS and try to twist my words. Many people here knows my direct involvement and contributions to liberty.

Hey, do whatever. I am here to share information. If you get anything from it, good. If not, move along.

kahless
07-16-2019, 04:58 PM

Ron Paul Campaign Website 2008
http://web.archive.org/web/20080213054019/http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/border-security-and-immigration-reform/

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Ron Paul Campaign Website 2012

A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY

A nation without borders is no nation at all.

It just doesn’t make sense to fight terrorists abroad while leaving our front door unlocked.

Unfortunately, for far too long, neither major political party has had the courage to do what is necessary to tackle the problem.

Instead, we’re presented with so-called “solutions” that involve amnesty proposals or further restricting Americans’ civil liberties through programs like REAL ID.

Ron Paul opposes both of these schemes and believes they will only make illegal immigration and the problems associated with it worse. He has been proud to see states exercising their Tenth Amendment rights and protecting their citizens by refusing to comply with the unconstitutional REAL ID law.

While the federal government neglects its constitutional responsibility to protect our borders, it continues to push mandates on the states to provide free education and medical care to illegal immigrants at a time when the states are drowning in debt. This must not be tolerated any longer.

Like most Americans, Ron Paul also understands just how valuable legal immigration is to our country.

Immigrants who want to work hard, obey our laws, and live the American Dream have always been great assets.
COMMON SENSE REFORMS

If elected President, Ron Paul will work to implement the following common sense reforms:

* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

* Protect Lawful Immigrants – As President, Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.

As long as our borders remain wide open, the security and safety of the American people are at stake.

As President, Ron Paul will address immigration by fighting for effective solutions that protect our nation, uphold the rule of law, and respect every American citizen’s civil liberties.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 05:05 PM
I am pretty darn certain that you will never find a quote like that coming out of me. .

Ooh, shall we ratchet up the tension a bit?

For one, you would be 100% certain you never said any such thing, not "pretty darn certain" if you did not feel you wanted Americas destruction deep down, and are just trying to hide it from the forums, because you still want to pretens to be a friend of Americans as you endorse the strategies of self-destruction for my county.

For two, I would say what I was saying if I didn't have thequote at the ready, as well as it being quoted by others in case you try to get cute and edit it away.

For three, maybe it was a co-worker who posted it? Because this quote I am about to throw in your face, is less than a year old.

Now start digging through your own comments, oh warrior of liberty, and get ready to mount your defenses when you find it, so your flaling will not be so humorous to all who observe.

Then remember this, you also said a "quote like that", which just made it easier for me. (although the exact quote is pretty damn close).

PAF
07-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Ron Paul Campaign Website 2008

Ron Paul Campaign Website 2012

I am well aware what Ron said while in Congress.

+ No Amnesty
+ Abolish the Welfare State
+ End Birthright Citizenship
+ Protect Lawful Immigrants – As President, Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.

After all that has been done then perhaps we can circle back to Enforce Border Security WITHOUT the threat of eminent domain and biometrics.

The problem is, only until those +'s are addressed first, the threat of eminent domain and biometrics becomes INCREASED. And you know it.

PAF
07-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Ooh, shall we ratchet up the tension a bit?

For one, you would be 100% certain you never said any such thing, not "pretty darn certain" if you did not feel you wanted Americas destruction deep down, and are just trying to hide it from the forums, because you still want to pretens to be a friend of Americans as you endorse the strategies of self-destruction for my county.

For two, I would say what I was saying if I didn't have thequote at the ready, as well as it being quoted by others in case you try to get cute and edit it away.

For three, maybe it was a co-worker who posted it? Because this quote I am about to throw in your face, is less than a year old.

Now start digging through your own comments, oh warrior of liberty, and get ready to mount your defenses when you find it, so your flaling will not be so humorous to all who observe.

Then remember this, you also said a "quote like that", which just made it easier for me. (although the exact quote is pretty damn close).

I am sitting here laughing because we are bickering I don't know why lol.

I think we all want freedom and liberty to prevail. It's just that my approach is not too popular around these parts, when in actuality it is the only way to maximize freedom and fiscal responsibility. I am not pro-growth government because history has this way of repeating itself. Like passports, TSA, Welfare and other stuff. Plus the almighty MIC which itself has no borders ;-)

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 05:19 PM

I think we all want freedom and liberty to prevail. It's just that my approach is not too popular around these parts, when in actuality it is the only way to maximize freedom and fiscal responsibility. I am not pro-growth government because history has this way of repeating itself. Like passports, TSA, Welfare and other stuff. Plus the almighty MIC which itself has no borders ;-)
You don't want freedom and liberty, you want the foreigners who will destroy them.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 05:21 PM

Yes, but we all do not want america destroyed, with or without your help.

And stop talking to me like we are friends and allies with a common cause. you are reverting in your Alinskyite tactics, moving from "make them abide by their own rules" to "try to find common ground"

We are not allies, and I resent you lying to me and trying to act like you are. You have no honesty in your words, just obsolete attempts of manipulation, deciet and rhetorical persuasio. I respect Farrakhan not because I agree with him, but because I know every word he says, he says from the heart, whilst slimy people like you try to claim we have some common cause, when it is clear your real agenda has always been the destruction of America. It's just my luck you could not control yourself a while ago, and from your heart burst forth your true hatred, rage, and cause. No longer can you twist yourself in the cause of "liberty" and "freedom".

And you know DAMN well now I am not bluffing, and you know DAMN well it is because in your heart you pray for the destruction of ths country every day. You said you wanted it with or even without your help, but you certainly are making feeble attempts to help.

PAF
07-16-2019, 05:23 PM
You don't want freedom and liberty, you want the foreigners who will destroy them.

You have a habit of telling people what they think when they disagree with your statist views. You say it so often you actually believe yourself.

I am not a physician so I really can't help. Maybe if do you sit down with Ron and listen instead of talk, that might be one way to heal thyself.

PAF
07-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Yes, but we all do not want america destroyed, with or without your help.

And stop talking to me like we are friends and allies with a common cause. you are reverting in your Alinskyite tactics, moving from "make them abide by their own rules" to "try to find common ground"

We are not allies, and I resent you lying to me and trying to act like you are. You have no honesty in your words, just obsolete attempts of manipulation, deciet and rhetorical persuasio. I respect Farrakhan not because I agree with him, but because I know every word he says, he says from the heart, whilst slimy people like you try to claim we have some common cause, when it is clear your real agenda has always been the destruction of America. It's just my luck you could not control yourself a while ago, and from your heart burst forth your true hatred, rage, and cause. No longer can you twist yourself in the cause of "liberty" and "freedom".

And you know DAMN well now I am not bluffing, and you know DAMN well it is because in your heart you pray for the destruction of ths country every day. You said you wanted it with or even without your help, but you certainly are making feeble attempts to help.

I get to use one of my favorite sayings: Show the proof.

Until then, we may both move on.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 05:30 PM
I get to use one of my favorite sayings: Show the proof.

Until then, we may both move on.

I strike at my liesure, and on my battlefield of choice.

and as I said, I will never let you move on. I will use it evey time I can against you, just to remind any and all who you really are.

And want to try denying the quote exists again? Want to try denying the feelings in your wretched soul? Try denying you never let those feelings out, or at least not on these forums? Perhaps it was a different forums, where you more freely express your rage and intentions?

PAF
07-16-2019, 05:39 PM
I strike at my liesure, and on my battlefield of choice.

and as I said, I will never let you move on. I will use it evey time I can against you, just to remind any and all who you really are.

And want to try denying the quote exists again? Want to try denying the feelings in your wretched soul? Try denying you never let those feelings out, or at least not on these forums? Perhaps it was a different forums, where you more freely express your rage and intentions?

Here's one of my proofs, and I have a whole lot more. This is where my feet hit the actual pavement. Pretty good numbers, don't you think? And that's just 2 out of I can't remember how many I did ;-)

Anti Globalist
07-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Yes because running a primary against a sitting president has worked out so well in the past. Only way to successfully primary Trump would be to get someone thats more famous than him. Problem is, thats pretty much impossible since Trump is the most famous billionaire in the country.

kahless
07-16-2019, 05:44 PM
I am well aware what Ron said while in Congress.

+ No Amnesty
+ Abolish the Welfare State
+ End Birthright Citizenship
+ Protect Lawful Immigrants – As President, Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.

After all that has been done then perhaps we can circle back to Enforce Border Security WITHOUT the threat of eminent domain and biometrics.

The problem is, only until those +'s are addressed first, the threat of eminent domain and biometrics becomes INCREASED. And you know it.

If you are well aware of it then why did you say this and call me out for opposing globalism/open borders?

I posted Ron's polices, they included restrictions. Ron is not the open borders globalist you try to paint him to be.

btw - I oppose biometrics and for the most part eminent domain (except if there an issue with securing the actual border from invasion). But that was not the discussion we were having.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Here's one of my proofs, and I have a whole lot more. This is where my feet hit the actual pavement. Pretty good numbers, don't you think? And that's just 2 out of I can't remember how many I did ;-)

[]

is this how you deny your feelings? With charts?

answer me:
Do you want America destroyed, with or without your help?

All I see now is an attempt to draw votes away from an enemy, not promotion of "freedom and liberty", now that I know your real intentions. You have lied over and over again. Thousands of times, when cornered about your obvious bias, you would try to weasel out by saying things like, "I was merely posting facts" while omitting any and every good that Trump has ever done.

Crooks on the shadows, I see you.

PAF
07-16-2019, 06:15 PM
If you are well aware of it then why did you say this and call me out for opposing globalism/open borders?

I posted Ron's polices, they included restrictions. Ron is not the open borders globalist you try to paint him to be.

btw - I oppose biometrics and for the most part eminent domain (except if there an issue with securing the actual border from invasion). But that was not the discussion we were having.

I have near exhausted all attempts to explain my position. It is either not good enough, or folks are too brainwashed to want to even try to understand.

Perhaps look up Reagans speech, maybe you'll understand.

All countries have borders, like cities and states. Having borders does not mean forcefully taking private property and giving it to the Fed, or building walls to restrict the freedom to travel freely.

Open borders, as you call it, is nothing more than preserving that right to freely travel. The problem is, this government continues to steal money from people and redistribute to any/all who want it. That is not the borders fault, or the people who own that land - that is the fault of the politicians who want to control people.

I make no position or opposition to borders. I am against a useless, costly, senseless physical wall which will instill into people that the government has any right to restrict any of our freedoms. Sacrificing one right does not preserve another right. Sacrificing one right will lead to other rights being taken away, because that is the only way to enforce it.

People like to bring up Ron's talking points about the border and try to equate it to a wall. It won't fly, because Ron Paul has repeated over and over again that while we should protect our borders (philosophically) to preserve each and every one of our freedoms, he vehemently opposes an actual wall because that would in fact not preserve any of our freedoms.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 06:18 PM
I have near exhausted all attempts to explain my position. It is either not good enough, or folks are too brainwashed to want to even try to understand.

Perhaps look up Reagans speech, maybe you'll understand.

All countries have borders, like cities and states. Having borders does not mean forcefully taking private property and giving it to the Fed, or building walls to restrict the freedom to travel freely.

Open borders, as you call it, is nothing more than preserving that right to freely travel. The problem is, this government continues to steal money from people and redistribute to any/all who want it. That is not the borders fault, or the people who own that land - that is the fault of the politicians who want to control people.

I make no position or opposition to borders. I am against a useless, costly, senseless physical wall which will instill into people that the government has any right to restrict any of our freedoms. Sacrificing one right does not preserve another right. Sacrificing one right will lead to other rights being taken away, because that is the only way to enforce it.

People like to bring up Ron's talking points about the border and try to equate it to a wall. It won't fly, because Ron Paul has repeated over and over again that while we should protect our borders (philosophically) to preserve each and every one of our freedoms, he vehemently opposes an actual wall because that would in fact not preserve any of our freedoms.
That's a nice set of lies but you have repeatedly opposed borders and border control of any kind, you want the invaders to be allowed to come and destroy liberty.

kahless
07-16-2019, 06:27 PM
That's a nice set of lies but you have repeatedly opposed borders and border control of any kind, you want the invaders to be allowed to come and destroy liberty.

It is like a long running con on these forums. What is most annoying is not the differences between beliefs of people that post here. It is when a member is being dishonest to provide cover for the con job.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 06:29 PM
It is like a long running con on these forums. What is most annoying is not the differences between beliefs of people that post here. It is when a member is being dishonest to provide cover for the con job.

The most amazing part is when they condemn trumps stated policies, and then when he is incapable of enacting them, they condemn him for failing.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 06:32 PM
And the mods ignore it no matter how dishonest or rude they act.

PAF
07-16-2019, 06:34 PM
is this how you deny your feelings? With charts?

answer me:
Do you want America destroyed, with or without your help?

All I see now is an attempt to draw votes away from an enemy, not promotion of "freedom and liberty", now that I know your real intentions. You have lied over and over again. Thousands of times, when cornered about your obvious bias, you would try to weasel out by saying things like, "I was merely posting facts" while omitting any and every good that Trump has ever done.

Crooks on the shadows, I see you.

America is a place. It used to be a beacon of liberty, or it was intended to be. History shows that central planners had better ideas and created this "centralized" Constitution, and then the "central" bank that followed. Into nation building around the globe, fast forward to 1971 where the dollar was officially no longer backed by gold, and the further decline of the frn.

Politicians on both sides of the isle take MIC lobby money. We fund the UN, IMF, write up contracts (not signed by me), such as NAFTA and other crap, which stifles the true free market.

Do I want America destroyed? America is a place. It does not make decisions. What I would like to do is throw out all the bums in the White House, save 3 or 4, so that government will stop stealing my money, giving it to freeloaders and restricting my freedoms. I do not want or need biometric id. I do not want or need to be TSA'd, nor should I have to pay a stranger some sum of money for a "permit" because I choose to rewire my basement, certainly when I already have private insurance in case anything were to happen.

The problems are not with America. It is with people who have crap for brains and don't even realize where we are headed.

New World Order. It will still be called America, if that's what makes you happy. And the NWO doesn't give a flying flip if human beings are immigrants or not - ALL people will be controlled no matter where they are in the world. And THAT is the distraction.

You are willing to give up some liberties thinking you'll gain others. Private Property, Contract Rights, the freedom to travel freely. You give those up, you certainly don't deserve them. So the saying goes.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 06:43 PM
America is a place. It used to be a beacon of liberty, or it was intended to be. History shows that central planners had better ideas and created this "centralized" Constitution, and then the "central" bank that followed. Into nation building around the globe, fast forward to 1971 where the dollar was officially no longer backed by gold, and the further decline of the frn.

Politicians on both sides of the isle take MIC lobby money. We fund the UN, IMF, write up contracts (not signed by me), such as NAFTA and other crap, which stifles the true free market.

Do I want America destroyed? America is a place. It does not make decisions. What I would like to do is throw out all the bums in the White House, save 3 or 4, so that government will stop stealing my money, giving it to freeloaders and restricting my freedoms. I do not want or need biometric id. I do not want or need to be TSA'd, nor should I have to pay a stranger some sum of money for a "permit" because I choose to rewire my basement, certainly when I already have private insurance in case anything were to happen.

The problems are not with America. It is with people who have crap for brains and don't even realize where we are headed.

New World Order. It will still be called America, if that's what makes you happy. And the NWO doesn't give a flying flip if human beings are immigrants or not - ALL people will be controlled no matter where they are in the world. And THAT is the distraction.

You are willing to give up some liberties thinking you'll gain others. Private Property, Contract Rights, the freedom to travel freely. You give those up, you certainly don't deserve them. So the saying goes.
And you expect us to believe that Utopia can be achieved by allowing a communist invasion promoted by the people you CLAIM to oppose.

otherone
07-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Yes because running a primary against a sitting president has worked out so well in the past. Only way to successfully primary Trump would be to get someone thats more famous than him. Problem is, thats pretty much impossible since Trump is the most famous billionaire in the country.

https://content.fortune.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kfc.jpg

PAF
07-16-2019, 06:48 PM
And you expect us to believe that Utopia can be achieved by allowing a communist invasion promoted by the people you CLAIM to oppose.

No worries there, Smytie. You may get your way, so the consensus is. And then in a few years you'll do what every other person has done for well over a hundred years: wonder why oh why, and not take ownership.

kahless
07-16-2019, 06:48 PM
https://content.fortune.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kfc.jpg

Will the Colonel defend our borders, deport illegals and build a wall?

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 06:51 PM
No worries there, Smytie. You may get your way, so the consensus is. And then in a few years you'll do what every other person has done for well over a hundred years: wonder why oh why, and not take ownership.
Whatever happens will be better than allowing what you want.

otherone
07-16-2019, 06:51 PM
Will the Colonel defend our borders, deport illegals and build a wall?

Why does he have to? Trump has already done all those things.

UWDude
07-16-2019, 08:13 PM

You are willing to give up your country, in hopes of something better.
There will be no better, especially if the destruction is done the way you think it should be done.

I am sure you can find posts of mine, many years ago, wanting America to be destroyed, just as you have stated you wanted recently.

So I know where you are coming from.

I remember, as I counted the reasons in my head, as I damned America and Americans every day, a small voice asking, "but is there any way in hell something better would come after?" I knew the answer was "no way in hell", but I didn't care, because my righteous anger. (and it is righteous).

I remember asking, as I wrestled with my hatred of Americans, and the hypocrisy and country itself, "would the oppressed now, upon victory, rule with any more benevolence or freedom?" I knew the answer was "no way in hell", but I held on to my hatred, because righteousness and morals.

Now I look outside of America... ..where is the Freedom of Speech? Would I prefer the social credit system? Where is the right to bear arms? People are being thrown in prison for years for social media posts around the world.

So, yeah, you want America to be destroyed, because America is destroying itself. Reminds me of the logic of destroying Libya to save Libya.

gaazn
07-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Mark Sanford is a good guy and a strong competitor when he's the underdog. He won his first race while starting near the back of the polls at maybe 1% and ended up beating the establishment candidate. An underdog in race for governor, he won also won against the establishment candidate. Still hated by the establishment, but he still has significant support in SC. His pro-smallbiz and pro-environment positions strengthens his anti-establishment credentials.

He should run even if big long-shot if doing so enhances his chances in 2024 because Pence is an awful candidate and is definitely no Trump.

Brian4Liberty
07-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Sanford has made some bad decisions in the past. He has kind of lost some of his credibility. It would be nice for someone to stand for fiscal sanity. That used to be what the freedom caucus did, but their leaders have gotten too wrapped up in the Trump circus and Democrat conspiracies to focus on the budget and spending.

Brian4Liberty
07-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Sanford went on the hardcore leftist show The View today. Another bad decision by Sanford. They are adding up.

He was able to mention that he wants to address the debt, but that was not the bulk of the conversation. They ignored it when he said it. It was all about criticizing Trump and calling him a racist. Uber leftist Joy Behar suggested that he run as an independent instead of Republican to siphon votes from Trump in the General Election, as the whole point is to defeat Trump.

Ironically, Sanford put his foot in his mouth by singling out Whoopi Goldberg as someone he could work with and she wouldn’t have to “go back where she came from”. If Sanford wasn’t playing useful idiot for their attacks on Trump, they would be attacking Sanford as the racist of the day.

He also praised John McCain, probably because his daughter is on the show.

Off to a great start Sanford. :rolleyes:

Warlord
07-18-2019, 01:13 PM
LOL Brian, thanks for that report. Doesn't sound too good.

oyarde
07-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Sanford on the view . Ya that is really helping . WTF

Swordsmyth
07-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Sanford went on the hardcore leftist show The View today. Another bad decision by Sanford. They are adding up.

He was able to mention that he wants to address the debt, but that was not the bulk of the conversation. They ignored it when he said it. It was all about criticizing Trump and calling him a racist. Uber leftist Joy Behar suggested that he run as an independent instead of Republican to siphon votes from Trump in the General Election, as the whole point is to defeat Trump.

Ironically, Sanford put his foot in his mouth by singling out Whoopi Goldberg as someone he could work with and she wouldn’t have to “go back where she came from”. If Sanford wasn’t playing useful idiot for their attacks on Trump, they would be attacking Sanford as the racist of the day.

Putting the loser in losertarian, the LP will be hard pressed to decide whether to put him or Amash at the top of the ticket.

Brian4Liberty
07-19-2019, 09:39 AM
Putting the loser in losertarian, the LP will be hard pressed to decide whether to put him or Amash at the top of the ticket.

Sanford made it clear he would remain a Republican, just like John McCain.

kahless
07-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Is McCain going to just die again?

Krugminator2
07-19-2019, 03:21 PM

What's funny is McCain would hated Mark Sanford because Sanford voted for military cuts. McCain was the only Republican to vote against Mulvaney.

Winning over Communists to libertarianism is a pipe dream. Kissing the ass of leftists wins you praise right up to the point that you can actually win. Didn't work for Ron or Rand. McCain spent a career as a cuckold and they tarred him as racist extremist in 2008.

enhanced_deficit
10-16-2019, 07:58 PM
With both Foxnews polls and latest Gallup poll today turning on MAGA, some GOP donors could already be quietly reevaluating their 2020 funding plans.

Related

Trump GOP challenger Mark Sanford: Claims against Biden 'reek' of 'good 'ol boy politics' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539915-Trump-GOP-challenger-Mark-Sanford-Claims-against-Biden-reek-of-good-ol-boy-politics&)

Add a Mark Sanford "Defenders of Liberty" Sub-forum ASAP (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413550-Add-a-Mark-Sanford-quot-Defenders-of-Liberty-quot-Sub-forum-ASAP&)

Swordsmyth
11-12-2019, 03:50 PM
https://twitter.com/amandawgolden/status/1194300329896169472

LOL