PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary City Sues Trump Administration Over Arrival Of Too Many Immigrants

Swordsmyth
07-15-2019, 06:35 PM
The State of New Mexico and the sanctuary city of Albuquerque have filed a lawsuit against the Trump Administration for releasing too many immigrants into the state’s border cities. The lawsuit, which was filed in U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico on Monday, alleged that President Trump’s administration has enacted an “indiscriminate practice of releasing migrants in communities,” in violation of the federal “safe release” policy, KVIA (https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/state-of-new-mexico-suing-trump-over-immigration-actions-in-the-borderland/1085118904) reported.
The federal “safe release” policy was canceled in October of 2018 due to the massive wave of immigrants who flooded over the U.S. southern border from Central America.
That policy provided those seeking asylum with assistance in getting to their final destinations while they were waiting for their claims to be processed, KVIA reported.
“[The] sudden and unlawful abandonment of this policy was done without notice or opportunity for input by affected jurisdictions,” the lawsuit alleged.
The sanctuary city (https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Counties-and-States) and the State of New Mexico has also demanded to be reimbursed for the funds it has shelled out to temporarily shelter immigrants.
The lawsuit alleges that the financial burden was caused by the federal government’s "derogation of duty to administer this country's immigration system and claims of asylum,” KVIA reported.
New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham further complained that the government’s “quick release” policy is “leaving vulnerable individuals and families without assistance and burdening local governments as well as nonprofit organizations."
In February, Grisham scoffed at the predicted influx of immigrants at the state’s southern border, calling the matter a “charade,” and withdrew National Guard troops from border locations, according to The Los Alamos Monitor (https://www.lamonitor.com/content/governor-sues-trump-administration-over-immigrant-drop-offs-federal-funding).
The sanctuary city of Albuquerque currently receives between 150 and 250 immigrants every week, KVIA reported.
Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller alleged that the federal government “abandoned the border states” by eliminating the “safe release” policy, according to KRQE (https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/border-state-challenges-quick-release-asylum-practices/2067635408).
"Local faith-based organizations and volunteers have been left to clean up the federal administration's immigration mess," Keller railed to The Los Alamos Monitor.
Las Cruces has received approximately 9,000 immigrants since April, and another 4,700 have landed in the small town of Deming, KVIA reported.

More at: https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/sanctuary-city-sues-trump-administration-over-arrival-of-too-many-immigrants-rdhSFCvg9U6ftDR6fqRjvw/

AngryCanadian
07-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Nah i think maybe Trump should just open the borders and teach the leftists and liberals a lesson about open borders haha.

PAF
07-15-2019, 08:23 PM
Nah i think maybe Trump should just open the borders and teach the leftists and liberals a lesson about open borders haha.

I take it they have no intention of ending welfare and incentives then.

I mean, all the news, airwaves, tweets, attorneys and legislation, time, government workers, cost to the tax payers, crime (forgetting a turn signal and selling mangos on the side of a road), construction and construction vehicles along with gas and maintenance costs, signage, detours, national security, elections, revolving and costly court systems, lawyers to defend, "emergency" spending bills, $4.6 Billion in comfort and aid.............

You would think they could save us a dime and just make a tweet to stop all Welfare and Incentives for foreigners.

Or doesn't it work that way?

I figured they would be broadcasting Northrop's new contract with TSA/DHS to roll out the new domestic Biometric System for every American by 2022 by now. Just as a heads up.

Swordsmyth
07-15-2019, 08:27 PM
You would think they could save us a dime and just make a tweet to stop all Welfare and Incentives for foreigners.

Or doesn't it work that way?

If Trump did it you would join the left in calling him a dictator.

PAF
07-15-2019, 08:33 PM
If Trump did it you would join the left in calling him a dictator.

Hahahahahah! Hahahahaha!

No.

It's not that I'm cheap (well, yes I am), it's just that I'm a little more fiscally responsible than you. And trump, for that matter. Because you know as well as I do that he's a NY L....I'll bit my tongue.

Swordsmyth
07-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Hahahahahah! Hahahahaha!

No.

It's not that I'm cheap (well, yes I am), it's just that I'm a little more fiscally responsible than you. And trump, for that matter. Because you know as well as I do that he's a NY L....I'll bit my tongue.
Yes, you would.

But even if you wouldn't the left and the RINOs would impeach him in a heartbeat (probably to thunderous applause from Amash) and the welfare would continue to flow.

He has been doing what he can to cut down on the welfare they get though.

Swordsmyth
07-16-2019, 02:49 AM
Dumping in Sanctuary cities seems to be working just fine.

timosman
07-16-2019, 02:51 AM

It'd be cheaper to let them try an oversized dildo. :tears: