PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea To Help Raise Funds For RP

Rabbit
07-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Let me just jump into it..

RP's "market value" right now is about 3.5, which basically means people are giving him a 3.5% chance to win the Republican nomination.. As RP's popularity gains, and more people learn about him, my guess is his odds are going to go up.. And a lot at that.. If his "market value" hits 35 (percent chance to win the nomination) within the next 9 months, every dollar you withhold donating now will turn into a $10 donation in the future..

How? With the internet prediction markets, that's how!

I know a lot of this is probably confusing (it took my BF a month to explain to me what prediction markets are and how they work), but I think it is worth it to learn about it.. My idea is actually a spin off my BF's idea.. He's going to greedily invest in RP in the markets for personal gain.. I thought I would copy his idea so I could make a huge (to me) donation to RP..

The glory of this plan is that everyone can do it on their own, there's no need to consolidate any cash, no need to trust an internet stranger.. All you would have to do is join an online prediction market and buy your shares.. Then you just kick back and watch your share value increase at the same rate as RP's popularity..

I will gladly answer any questions about this, please ask away.. The only way this plan could fail is if RP *loses* popularity.. And what are the odds of that?

RP08
07-03-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure I get it. How would betting on a popularity percentage-increase financially benefit RP's campaign unless you planned to hope other people help him out enough now that your bet's value improves a lot then donate its inflated value to his campaign toward the end? rrrr something like that.

I don't know how prediction markets work or where the "money" sits. Maybe someone can clear it up.

Ponce
07-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I already offered 1,000 one oz round .999 of silver in order to melt them and make 1,000 Ron Paul 2008 coins that would be sold for a "donation" of $100.00......I am still waiting for an answer.

All that I would give are the coins and someone else would have to take care of the rest, only thing is that the first 25 coins would be mine free of charge.

DAZ
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I already offered 1,000 one oz round .999 of silver in order to melt them and make 1,000 Ron Paul 2008 coins that would be sold for a "donation" of $100.00......I am still waiting for an answer.

Ponce, you got any book or website recommendations for learning about investment in precious metals?

Ponce
07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
First time was in 1972 which I sold in 1980....paid $2.95 and sold for $43.65 per oz.

Second time 1982-2002 and still holding......this time I did it as a survivalist and not as an investor...... already using my silver to buy gas at less than 50% of the going price.

Any time is a good time to buy PM and specially silver.......% wise silver will outshine gold.

Go by what you can feel in your guts and not by what others tells.

Don't invest in paper or let anyone hold the physical silver for you and remember "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

Ponce
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Almost forgot...... if you want to learn about PM then go to "Goldismoney.info" which is one of the best sites in the WWW.

DAZ
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info Ponce. I actually just ran across that site last night. I registered but haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. Do they usually take a while to do that?

Ponce
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
NO, can register only on the first three days of the month......today is the third so that you should get your confirmation pretty soon.

If no then look for G-Khan......he posts here, go ahead and send him an private message if they delay your confirmation.

When you get there keep an eye for one of the founding members by the name of "Scorpio", the guy is a snake and that's why I no longer post there.

Rabbit
07-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, the idea is basically this (assumed): RP will gain popularity as time goes on.. The Republican candidates are all the same, and the most popular of them will filter to the top while the other ones drop out of the race.. As time approaches closer towards the Republican nomination, the percentage of overall support for RP will rise along with the movement of time.. In other words, the theory is that RP will consistently gain popularity up to the point the nomination takes place.. As his current numbers are 2-3%, the only way I could be wrong is if he starts losing popularity.. I don't see that happening!

$100 right now will help RP, sure, but I think $1000 in 6-9 months will help a whole lot more.. It's basically a hedge against his popularity.. If he gains popularity, an individual's contribution can be increased on a geometric scale .. If RP loses popularity, you lose the donation, but it's the same effect as if you had donated to begin with: RP still didn't win..

When I do it myself I will post my progress, etc. to give people an idea how this works.. It's an annoying process getting registered with the market and depositing money, but I should be ready soon.. The sooner the better, because as RP gains popularity it gets more and more expensive to hedge against it..

Also, as a disclaimer, I'm not suggesting many people should do this, only some who want some extra bang out of our near worthless bucks..

Bro.Butch
07-04-2007, 06:08 PM
This election is over in 9 months. Only 6 months until Iowa. DONATE NOW or forget it !!!

ChrisM
07-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I think a dollar now is worth more to the campaign than $10 anytime in the future.