PDA

View Full Version : Man dies after attacking Tacoma immigration jail, police say

Zippyjuan
07-13-2019, 09:20 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48978394

The facility is privately owned and is "for profit".

An armed man who attacked an immigration detention centre in the US city of Tacoma died after police officers opened fire, authorities say.

Police arrived at the Northwest Detention Center early on Saturday after an employee reported that a man, armed with a rifle, was throwing "incendiary devices" at the facility.

The man's identity remains unknown.

The shooting in Washington state came a day before a nationwide deportation operation is due to begin.

The raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials will target hundreds of immigrant families across 10 cities who have recently been ordered deported but have not yet left the country. It marks the latest move in US President Donald Trump's crackdown on migration.

Sunday's raids are not expected to affect Tacoma.

A police spokesperson told Reuters the incident on Saturday took place several hours after a peaceful rally outside the facility protesting against immigrant detentions.

In a statement, the Tacoma Police Department said the four police officers involved in Saturday's shooting had been placed on administrative leave, as is standard procedure in such cases, and an investigation into the incident was underway.

Police arrived at the privately run Northwest Detention Center at about 04:00 local time (11:00 GMT) after receiving reports that the man was throwing "incendiary devices" at the facility and at vehicles in the car park, the statement said. The man allegedly set a vehicle on fire and attempted to ignite a propane tank and set buildings on fire.

Officers said he was wearing a satchel and carrying flares.

Tacoma Police Department confirmed that all four officers opened fire on the man, while it remains unclear if he fired at the officers.

He was found shot dead at the scene.

Northwest Detention Centre holds migrants pending deportation proceedings and has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children, the Associated Press reports.

More at link.

Swordsmyth
07-13-2019, 09:21 PM
GOOD!

Zippyjuan
07-13-2019, 09:24 PM
GOOD!

You favoring attacks on detention centers? Maybe close them down?

Swordsmyth
07-13-2019, 09:28 PM
LOL

I favor the deaths of those who use violence to give aid and comfort to the invaders.

One less traitor is a good thing.

Zippyjuan
07-13-2019, 09:36 PM
LOL

I favor the deaths of those who use violence to give aid and comfort to the invaders.

One less traitor is a good thing.

Since they feed and house the immigrants for profit using tax dollars, perhaps you feel similarly about the centers themselves?

Swordsmyth
07-13-2019, 09:39 PM
Since they feed and house the immigrants for profit using tax dollars, perhaps you feel similarly about the centers themselves?
Prisoners of war and criminals should be given minimal food and housing.
Unless you are ready to endorse executing them?

Anti Federalist
07-13-2019, 11:41 PM
I'm sure this Bolshevik asshole wouldn't have lifted a finger to attack a facility holding productive American citizens unjustly imprisoned, but will martyr himself at the feet of the invaders.

Fuck him...glad he got ventilated.

oyarde
07-13-2019, 11:42 PM
If I was running Tacoma there would be no compound of illegals . I would send them to portland or canada

oyarde
07-13-2019, 11:45 PM

Are you thinking we will run out of crazy leftists ? I doubt it . Closing detention centers away from the border sounds good , no need to detain . send them back .

AngryCanadian
07-14-2019, 12:24 AM

Are you suggesting OPEN BORDERS? how did that turned out for Europe?

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-14-2019, 04:39 AM
I see a distinct lack of thinkpieces on Huffpost, Salon and the like wondering who radicalized this guy. I wonder why? :confused:

Anti Globalist
07-14-2019, 07:43 AM
Good. The guy deserved it.

brushfire
07-14-2019, 07:59 AM
Those fascist anti-fascists.

oyarde
07-14-2019, 08:44 AM
Good. The guy deserved it.

His demise is fairly predictable . He attacked the Northwest Homeland Security Field Office . Its on the sign out front so ........

Swordsmyth
07-17-2019, 07:50 PM
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1151317551605067776