PDA

View Full Version : Alex Acosta has resigned

UWDude
07-12-2019, 10:29 AM
https://gab.ai/a/posts/102429021836811709

https://gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/007/187/883/original/cbdd2bcd75b20c7f.jpg?1562942835

Champ
07-12-2019, 11:46 AM
If there is any truth from Alex regarding the alleged pressure from the intelligence agencies to drop the original Epstein case in 2008 which lead to the ridiculous plea deal, now would be a good time for Mr. Acosta to expand on that and explain exactly what happened, if it is seeking justice for the children and the families that he cares so much about.

Will he ever? Doubtful. He'll just keep throwing us hints as to why he failed to correctly do his job, and that it is apparently fine and normal for those in the intelligence agencies to make these decisions for prosecutors. According to him, it's standard protocol, and we should just accept that and move on. He can, of course, prove me wrong.

Zippyjuan
07-12-2019, 11:58 AM
There are now four of eleven cabinet level posts without somebody officially in charge.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48967419

US Labour Secretary Alex Acosta resigns over Epstein case

US Labour Secretary Alex Acosta is resigning amid criticism of his brokering of a plea deal for financier Jeffrey Epstein in a child sex case.

Mr Acosta, a former Florida prosecutor, made the announcement from the White House lawn on Friday with President Donald Trump stood by his side.

Democrats had called for him to quit over his handling of the Epstein case.

Mr Acosta defended the secretly-negotiated plea deal in a news conference only two days ago.

Mr Acosta was the US Attorney in Miami in 2008 when he oversaw a non-prosecution deal against Epstein which allowed Epstein to serve 13 months in jail - with much of that time spent on work release at his Palm Beach office. Epstein's conduct has come into sharper focus since he was arrested and charged on Monday with sex trafficking underage girls.

Mr Trump told reporters that he and Mr Acosta spoke on the phone earlier on Friday and that it was Mr Acosta's decision to step down.

"This was him not me," Mr Trump said, adding that Mr Acosta was "a tremendous talent" who "went to Harvard" University. Earlier this week, Mr Trump told reporters that he felt badly for his labour secretary, but added that he did not know him personally before hiring him.

Mr Acosta told reporters: "I do not think it is right and fair... to have Epstein as the focus rather than the incredible economy that we have today".

But he added: "It would be selfish for me to stay in this position and continue talking about a case that's 12 years old."

Patrick Pizzella, the current labour deputy secretary, will become acting secretary when Mr Acosta officially steps down in one week, Mr Trump said.

On Wednesday, Alex Acosta gave a dispassionate, legalistic defence of his handling of the Jeffrey Epstein case, more than a decade ago. It wasn't enough to save his job. Given how quickly he departed after his performance, it wasn't even close.

The former US attorney attempted to shift blame to state prosecutors and justify his decisions based on changing expectations in sex crimes cases. He never adequately explained why the circumstances at the time required that he offer such a lenient deal to Epstein or seal the damning details of the original indictment, instead of building a stronger case with further investigation.

The Epstein case is a perfect storm of scandal and outrage. It mixes allegations of sex crimes with abuse of power and influence reaching into the highest corridors of US political and financial power.

Now the toxic swirl has claimed its first high-profile name. Depending on how the story evolves, Mr Acosta may not be the last.

With his departure, the number of temporary, "acting" Cabinet-level positions in the Trump administration now stands at four out of 11. The level of churn in his administration, whether through scandal, burn-out or presidential disfavour, is extraordinary.

kcchiefs6465
07-12-2019, 12:03 PM
There are now four of eleven cabinet level posts without somebody officially in charge.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48967419
OMG. I hadn't even noticed.

Good on Trump.

Giving credit where credit is due.

kcchiefs6465
07-12-2019, 12:04 PM
This beer is to hoping he can somehow unfill the other seven positions as well.

tfurrh
07-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Acostarse

r3volution 3.0
07-12-2019, 12:13 PM
That was fast.

Good on Trump.

Unfortunately, a department doesn't stop running just for lack of its chief PR officer.

kcchiefs6465
07-12-2019, 12:18 PM
That was fast.

Unfortunately, a department doesn't stop running just for lack of its chief PR officer.
They are not paying the salary... so, good.

juleswin
07-12-2019, 12:26 PM

Good on Trump.

Give Trump credit for what? you do know that those depts are still running and spending tax payers money right? Its just that they do not have the official rep in place.

I am sure some people are going to come back and say that this is Trump somehow exposing the deep state pedophile ring by ousting one of their top lawyers. For me, I would actually wait for Trump to do something before giving him any credit.

juleswin
That was fast.

Damn, you beat me to it :)

r3volution 3.0
They are not paying the salary... so, good.

Only ~4,999,999 more cabinet secretaries to fire to balance the budget!

George Hilman
07-12-2019, 02:38 PM
If there is any truth from Alex regarding the alleged pressure from the intelligence agencies to drop the original Epstein case in 2008 which lead (sic) to the ridiculous plea deal ...

He wants to keep on breathing. Simple.

What about a truthful, non-evasive explanation from trump as to why he hired this creep alex acosta in the first place?

He could accomplish that in about five to ten normal English sentences.

Or, perhaps he enjoys breathing, also?

Further, how about an admission from trump that the entire system is riddled with murderous so-called pedophiles? Among many other even more dangerous criminals and traitors?

juleswin
07-12-2019, 02:44 PM
He wants to keep on breathing. Simple.

What about a truthful, non-evasive explanation from trump as to why he hired this creep alex acosta in the first place?

He could accomplish that in about five to ten normal English sentences.

Or, perhaps he enjoys breathing, also?

Further, how about an admission from trump that the entire system is riddled with murderous so-called pedophiles? Among many other even more dangerous criminals and traitors?

The deep state would kill him if he explicitly exposed them.

Anti Globalist
07-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Acostas gone. Now to get rid of the department he was in charge of.

TheCount
07-12-2019, 04:03 PM
All the best men.

juleswin
07-12-2019, 04:17 PM
All the best men.

34DD chess is the name of the game. It's either he is the smartest president out there or the biggest conman with his supporters.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 08:10 PM
If there is any truth from Alex regarding the alleged pressure from the intelligence agencies to drop the original Epstein case in 2008 which lead to the ridiculous plea deal, now would be a good time for Mr. Acosta to expand on that and explain exactly what happened, if it is seeking justice for the children and the families that he cares so much about.

Will he ever? Doubtful. He'll just keep throwing us hints as to why he failed to correctly do his job, and that it is apparently fine and normal for those in the intelligence agencies to make these decisions for prosecutors. According to him, it's standard protocol, and we should just accept that and move on. He can, of course, prove me wrong.
If he doesn't spill his guts then he needs to end up behind bars.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 08:50 PM
https://qanon.pub/data/media/510ed940832b32778a023d58f8c41fa5d50da48d7c4e710ab5 4e517aae94e3f8.jpg

juleswin
07-12-2019, 08:58 PM
https://qanon.pub/data/media/510ed940832b32778a023d58f8c41fa5d50da48d7c4e710ab5 4e517aae94e3f8.jpg

Trump came from the business world, don't tell me he could not have hired people from that world to help him run Washington. The guy from HUD is not a politician, he can do the same for other dept.

dannno
07-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Trump came from the business world, don't tell me he could not have hired people from that world to help him run Washington. The guy from HUD is not a politician, he can do the same for other dept.

You mean like Michael Cohen?

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 09:26 PM
At that level they are all part of the swamp too.

Brian4Liberty
07-12-2019, 09:44 PM

Would be nice if Alex spilled his guts. But that’s not likely to happen. They probably have video of him too. And if there was a hint he would reveal anything, he would commit suicide with two gun shots to the back of the head.

juleswin
07-12-2019, 09:45 PM
You mean like Michael Cohen?

The slow talking, black neurologist, he also ran for president. He was no politician before he was appointed and from what I can tell, he hasn't been involved in any scandals talkless of a pedophile one.

juleswin
07-12-2019, 09:47 PM
At that level they are all part of the swamp too.

Excuses excuses, he should have told us all that he would end up nominating mostly swamp creatures to his cabinet during the campaign.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Excuses excuses, he should have told us all that he would end up nominating mostly swamp creatures to his cabinet during the campaign.
Results are what matters.

kcchiefs6465
07-12-2019, 10:49 PM
Only ~4,999,999 more cabinet secretaries to fire to balance the budget!
You are right. Four salaries mean nothing. Might as well fill the positions.

What's a half of a million dollars, anyways?

The peasants ought not mind.

ETA: Half a million dollars, annually that is, and the half of million guesstimate is conservative considering various hiring package options.

Why I bet these unfilled blattodea might scrape off maybe a million or more after a year's done.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Several people have proposed the theory that Trump hired Acosta to bait the media into covering the Epstein story thinking they could hurt Trump with it.

r3volution 3.0
07-17-2019, 08:14 PM
You are right. Four salaries mean nothing. Might as well fill the positions.

What's a half of a million dollars, anyways?

The peasants ought not mind.

ETA: Half a million dollars, annually that is, and the half of million guesstimate is conservative considering various hiring package options.

Why I bet these unfilled blattodea might scrape off maybe a million or more after a year's done.

Priorities, fan of bad football teams.

shakey1
07-17-2019, 10:45 PM
Would be nice if Alex spilled his guts. But that’s not likely to happen. They probably have video of him too. And if there was a hint he would reveal anything, he would commit suicide with two gun shots to the back of the head.

Oh, well then there’s that.

RonZeplin
07-18-2019, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkVV9xxCHE

Whoop Whoop Whoop

timosman
08-11-2019, 03:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPHyvyvJ8Qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPHyvyvJ8Qo