PDA

View Full Version : Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say

Zippyjuan
07-11-2019, 12:26 PM
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-end-fight-add-citizenship-question-census/story?id=64262805

I guess Barr could not come up with a way around the Supreme Court.

President Donald Trump is expected to announce later Thursday he is backing down from his effort to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and will instead take executive action that instructs the Commerce Department to survey the American public on the question through other means, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

The expected announcement will bring to a close weeks of escalating confusion within the government over his demands that the controversial question be included despite a Supreme Court order that had blocked the move. The White House declined to comment about what exactly the president plans to announce.

As recently as Thursday morning, administration officials had been repeatedly suggested the president would take executive action calling for the question be added to the census. It was not immediately clear when and why the final decision was made not to move forward with that plan.

Attorney General William Barr, who is also expected to attend the announcement, will now have to determine a path forward for three separate ongoing court cases the administration is fighting in Maryland, California and New York over the administration's efforts to add the question to the census.

The Department of Justice declined to comment to ABC News.

Zippyjuan
07-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Confirmed.

Swordsmyth
07-11-2019, 04:51 PM
"I am hereby ordering every department and agency in the federal government to provide the Department of Commerce with all requested records regarding the number of citizens and noncitizens in our country," Trump said in a Rose Garden announcement Thursday afternoon. "They must furnish all legally accessible records in their possession immediately. We will utilize these vast federal databases to gain a full, complete, and accurate count of the noncitizen population."

It will be added to the next census and we will drive out the illegals anyway.

Zippyjuan
07-11-2019, 05:14 PM
It will be added to the next census and we will drive out the illegals anyway.

So you like the government having access to all your personal data.

"I am hereby ordering every department and agency in the federal government to provide the Department of Commerce with all requested records regarding the number of citizens and noncitizens in our country,"

"We have great knowledge in many of our agencies," Trump said, flanked by Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross. "We will leave no stone unturned."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-Q3o-XXUAEBikf.jpg

Swordsmyth
07-11-2019, 05:15 PM
So you like the government having access to all your personal data.

That's not what it says or what I said.

Zippyjuan
07-11-2019, 05:36 PM
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/11/739858115/trump-expected-to-renew-push-for-census-citizenship-question-with-executive-acti

In backing down from the legal fight, Trump appears to be doing what the Census Bureau encouraged over a year ago.

Before Ross decided to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, the Census Bureau's acting director, Ron Jarmin, and other officials had tried to convince him to use existing government records about U.S. citizens and noncitizens.

Some of the steps Trump outlined are already underway. The Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security, at Ross's direction, had already entered into agreements with the Census Bureau to provide the bureau with information on noncitizens.

devil21
07-12-2019, 02:00 AM
Some of the steps Trump outlined are already underway. The Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security, at Ross's direction, had already entered into agreements with the Census Bureau to provide the bureau with information on noncitizens.

All under the guise of Census....cuz Messicans. Ross eh? The Betsy Ross/Nike flag thing wasn't meant to bury search results on "Ross", was it? Naaa couldn't be.

Utah NSA Data Center central database of info on everybody coming online, with biometrics added soon. They already added DNA profiles for those dumb enough to willingly turn over their DNA through various false pretenses.

A smart man once said that the purpose of government is to pretend to fail.

Gee, I wonder why an admitted world government supporting Mormon is on RPF pushing the illegal immigrant narrative 14 hours a day?

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 02:04 AM
All under the guise of Census....cuz Messicans. Ross eh? The Betsy Ross/Nike flag thing wasn't meant to bury search results on "Ross", was it? Naaa couldn't be.

Utah NSA Data Center central database of info on everybody coming online, with biometrics added soon. They already added DNA profiles for those dumb enough to willingly turn over their DNA through various false pretenses.

Gee, I wonder why an admitted world government supporting Mormon is on RPF pushing the illegal immigrant narrative 14 hours a day?
:sleeping:

devil21
07-12-2019, 02:08 AM
:sleeping:

I wasn't talking about you. I meant the other Mormon that's on RPF 14 hours a day pushing illegal immigrant disinfo.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2019, 02:11 AM

Counting citizens and non-citizens has nothing to do with the kind of database you are worried about but go ahead and make yourself look foolish.

And you are the one who shills for globalism by pushing the open borders/NAU agenda and the pro-China propaganda.

devil21
07-12-2019, 02:21 AM
https://reason.com/video/nsa-utah-data-center-spying-snowden-spy/

If you think the National Security Agency (NSA) isn't interested in your information, you should take a road trip out to see the massive, nondescript, concrete buildings they operate in the sleepy town of Bluffdale, Utah.

Called the Utah or NSA Data Center, it may be one of the best representations for what the NSA considers to be its mission for the future: bulk online data collection. Although the NSA turned down our request to tour the facility with our cameras, we were able to talk to Pete Ashdown of the ISP provider XMission, who toured the facility as it was being built in 2012.

"The NSA Data Center is essentially server space, where they have large rooms with racks of servers," says Ashdown, who toured the buildings as a part of Utah Data Center Consortium, a group of public and private stakeholders interested in Utah's data center industry.

At first Ashdown was excited to see what the NSA was building, but found out they were pretty tight lipped about details.

"The questions they would answer were very banal. But, we were able to calculate the capacity by counting the generators. Each of those generators was a two megawatt generator and they had over thirty of them," said Ashdown. "I think a megawatt can service 1,000 homes."

When Ashdown left the facility, he began to digest what he saw recalling what former AT&T engineer and NSA whistleblower Mark Klein revealed in 2004: An NSA intercept room at the AT&T headquarters in the San Francisco Bay area.

"All the data flowing through AT&T at the time was going in and nobody knew what was going on inside," said Ashdown, who also says he was told the Utah Data Center is not connected to the internet all all.

"I started to realize that it is just a data collection point. That they are collecting and storing as much data off the internet and telephone networks that they can. And they think that if you ask for a warrant later to look at the data that's okay," said Ashdown.

Thanks to the USA Freedom Act, in November 2015, the NSA lost the ability to directly hold information about the phone calls of millions of U.S. citizens. While the change is significant, the NSA can still collect and store your communication from the internet and social media.
"If you trust the government is going to do the right thing I think you're alone in that respect," said Ashdown.

https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/utah-data-center-entrance.jpg