PDA

View Full Version : Facebook now says Death Threats are acceptable, if targeted against correct people

UWDude
07-09-2019, 08:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/credible_violence/

Calls for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, or is described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offenses, wherein criminal/predator status has been established by media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc.)

And, as noted, who are considered Dangerous Individuals and Organizations?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48142098

Farrkhan, Milo, Alex Jones, etc, etc....

Yup.

Swordsmyth
07-09-2019, 08:42 PM
KILL THE BOER!

Swordsmyth
07-09-2019, 08:42 PM
PUNCH A NAZI!

Swordsmyth
07-09-2019, 08:44 PM
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/inline-images/hyc93qg0yUw_640x360.jpg

Origanalist
07-09-2019, 09:01 PM
If anyone still uses FB anymore and they aren't a flaming lefty I find it hard to garner any sympathy. There's too many alternatives out there.

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 09:13 PM
If anyone still uses FB anymore and they aren't a flaming lefty I find it hard to garner any sympathy. There's too many alternatives out there.

I agree man... Like what will cure that addiction? I'll tell you... A community like this one, a tight Tribe and Clan... A family who watches out for each other. But alas, that is not the case, No family loyalty here... Only personal self interest... Too bad, because it was once not so in the libertarian movement. It was once a tribe and family. And this is why it as failed. Pure selfishness...

Origanalist
07-09-2019, 09:16 PM
I agree man... Like what will cure that addiction? I'll tell you... A community like this one, a tight Tribe and Clan... A family who watches out for each other. But alas, that is not the case, No family loyalty here... Only personal self interest... Too bad, because it was once not so in the libertarian movement. It was once a tribe and family. And this is why it as failed. Pure selfishness...

That was in abundant display when GunnyFreedom was asking for support here.

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 09:19 PM
That was in abundant display when GunnyFreedom was asking for support here.

Oh man... If it is still here I will go back and catch up.

Origanalist
07-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Oh man... If it is still here I will go back and catch up.

Well he lost, he was running for office. He is a longtime member and held office previously. He doesn't come around much anymore, go figure.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-09-2019, 09:35 PM
And here I thought my SS card meant Selective Service, not Schutzstaffel

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Well he lost, he was running for office. He is a longtime member and held office previously. He doesn't come around much anymore, go figure.

I might know who you are talking about. I think he was a member over at the Daily Paul. In fact I might still have his email address. You know the one I really kind of felt sorry for was Steve Parent, he donated so much to Ron's last run and no one appreciated it at all. That "delegate" training almost got Ron elected... And Steve played a huge, huge part it that result.

Origanalist
07-09-2019, 09:47 PM
I might know who you are talking about. I think he was a member over at the Daily Paul. In fact I might still have his email address. You know the one I really kind of felt sorry for was Steve Parent, he donated so much to Ron's last run and no one appreciated it at all. That "delegate" training almost got Ron elected... And Steve played a huge, huge part it that result.

Plenty of folks just concerned about tooting their own horn, human nature didn't bypass the liberty movement.

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Plenty of folks just concerned about tooting their own horn, human nature didn't bypass the liberty movement.

I know, and I try to be patient with the misguided logic. But we tend to forget that there were many before us who devoted their lives to this movement. And that they were not quite as silly and much more logical in intent and direction. Like Ron Paul... they were after and would adapt in anyway they needed too for a favorable end result... We now fight against that advantageous concept on "principle". :)

bronxboy10
07-09-2019, 11:44 PM
I know, and I try to be patient with the misguided logic. But we tend to forget that there were many before us who devoted their lives to this movement. And that they were not quite as silly and much more logical in intent and direction. Like Ron Paul... they were after and would adapt in anyway they needed too for a favorable end result... We now fight against that advantageous concept on "principle". :)

Hey this forum is still a good read. Been lurking since 2016. Was elected as a Ron Paul Delegate in 2012. Denied my credentials, along with 16 other delegates in Massachusetts. Ran again in 2016 (one reason being) so I could vote against Rule 12 (RNC power-grab rule). Of the 17 of us who had our credentials revoked in 2012, I was the only delegate of who was lucky enough to be elected again in 2016. Yelling on the convention floor was one of the most satisfying feelings ever. FYI- supported Rand from the day he announced to the day he dropped out.

I think I might have even gotten Ron a little good press!

https://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2016/07/republican-national-convention-liveblog/491675/

The effort came close to success, though, because it drew on broader discontents within the party. “I wanted to vote no on the rules, and I’m a Donald Trump supporter,” Thomas Leonard, a Massachusetts delegate, told me. He was hoping a rules fight could lead to a successful challenge to Rule 12, which assigns more power to the Republican National Committee, and less to the grassroots. Leonard had been elected as a Ron Paul delegate in 2012, then bounced off the slate by the state party, which had confirmed his hostile view of establishment control.

Even though there’s disagreements on this forum, it’s still a good community.

Keep up posting stuff in this news section. It’s hard to get trusted information these days and most of the stuff on here is pretty good.

I suspect this forum will become much more active around 2022. I know I’ll be here. Back to lurking, see you guys in a few years.

heavenlyboy34
07-10-2019, 12:09 AM
it's still a big influencer and thus part of my business social media promotional strategy/presence.

phill4paul
07-10-2019, 03:15 AM

Gunny stays very active in the Franklin County G.O.P. and in N.C. state politics. Still doing a lot of groundwork and staying busy.

euphemia
07-10-2019, 04:50 AM
I miss his face.

Anti Globalist
07-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Let me guess, death threats against leftist politicians won't be considered the correct people.

PAF
07-10-2019, 08:01 AM

Yep. I threw some frn's his way.

A lot of us did so much for RP's campaign. Personal satisfaction will last a lifetime.

I also still contribute to RPI and RPLR.

ATruepatriot
07-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Yep. I threw some frn's his way.

A lot of us did so much for RP's campaign. Personal satisfaction will last a lifetime.

I also still contribute to RPI and RPLR.

Were you there when he registered Herman Cain .com as a spoof site? Dirty pool but effective in that Cain was not able to get his own name. com Fucking hilarious move there... lol

He asked me to run it and moderate it, didn't want no part of that. lol But I did stick up for him on the DP...

AngryCanadian
07-10-2019, 07:29 PM
This Rule was quickly removed by FB.

PAF
07-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Were you there when he registered Herman Cain .com as a spoof site? Dirty pool but effective in that Cain was not able to get his own name. com $#@!ing hilarious move there... lol

He asked me to run it and moderate it, didn't want no part of that. lol But I did stick up for him on the DP...

I vaguely remember something about that but was not aware that he did that. Do you remember Grainger, fishyculture, Qfish, emalvini, standup4sumptin?

Grainger was something else. We ended up on the phone and would argue for hours. I think she had the most down votes of anybody on the site lol

ATruepatriot
07-12-2019, 11:02 AM
I vaguely remember something about that but was not aware that he did that. Do you remember Grainger, fishyculture, Qfish, emalvini, standup4sumptin?

Grainger was something else. We ended up on the phone and would argue for hours. I think she had the most down votes of anybody on the site lol

Yes I do, absolutely all of them. Except Qfish? do you mean Quiltingsando... Sandy? Went short by Quilty?

ATruepatriot
07-12-2019, 11:06 AM

Fishyculture or Claire was controversial. She pulled a scam there that pissed me off... And we were email friends at the time.

ATruepatriot
07-12-2019, 11:12 AM

Adding the vote feature was a huge mistake, And I called it to Michael when he added it. It ended up being most of the downfall that ended the site.

PAF
07-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Adding the vote feature was a huge mistake, And I called it to Michael when he added it. It ended up being most of the downfall that ended the site.

I guess it comes down to how it is used. Me and a few good personal friends would use it to indicate whether more research was required on a given topic if we happened to disagree and we never took offense.

I try to use the reputation button here the same way, but typically the receiver takes it the wrong the way so it's not usually worth it, if it causes angst.

ATruepatriot
07-12-2019, 11:36 AM
I guess it comes down to how it is used. Me and a few good personal friends would use it to indicate whether more research was required on a given topic if we happened to disagree and we never took offense.

I try to use the reputation button here the same way, but typically the receiver takes it the wrong the way so it's not usually worth it, if it causes angst.

Over there it turned into month long flame wars about "why". Never ending and a total counter productive distraction to the whole movement there. No one could get anything done and achieved for fighting over who downvoted each other. It was childish... All he had to do was make it so the vote total was positive "likes" and drop the negative votes and it would probably still be around. It would have cut the "sadistic" assholes off at the knees. If you like it click it, if you don't... don't click it. This one decision truly hurt the whole libertarian movement as a whole...

ATruepatriot
07-12-2019, 11:46 AM

I have a forum at the ready that I have not once spammed here. There is no voting, there is no seniority. It is set up so that everyone is equal, newbie or seasoned. Everyone's opinion absolutely carries equal weight without any tell tale indicators. As it should be.

dannno
07-12-2019, 09:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8YnsBJeywE