PDA

View Full Version : Starting October 01, 2020 - REAL ID - "It's the Law"

PAF
07-09-2019, 07:00 PM
2016 - More Airports May Ditch the TSA and Use Private Security Instead
While airports have the option of requesting to use private screeners instead of TSA staffers, it’s unlikely a large-scale switchover will ever take place, since the TSA administrator still has to approve airports going private.

Starting October 1, 2020, every passenger will need a REAL ID compliant license, or another acceptable form of identification such as a DHS enhanced driver's license, to fly within the U.S.

Passengers who are unable to verify their identity or do not present an acceptable form of identification will not be permitted through the security checkpoint.

https://youtu.be/C7S2VEc4l94?list=PLXWway_rv-jV76xGxOFHmEVugiisA9E1n

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

Zippyjuan
07-09-2019, 08:00 PM
My ID is not "Real ID" compliant. And it does not expire until 2021.

PAF
07-09-2019, 08:04 PM

Mine isn't either. Road trips are fun... until they roll the whole thing out. By then, well, I'll figure something out, I always do ;-)

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Not required in Az unless you plan to fly. They give the option as it should be in the least at the state level.

PAF
07-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Not required in Az unless you plan to fly. They give the option as it should be in the least at the state level.

That's what the thread is about.

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 08:21 PM
That's what the thread is about.

Point is... Every state should give the option to opt out if they like. From what I am reading this is not an option in all states when it should be.

axiomata
07-09-2019, 08:27 PM
You won't be able to fly until you fix that
Sincerely,
Big Brother

PAF
07-09-2019, 08:31 PM
Point is... Every state should give the option to opt out if they like. From what I am reading this is not an option in all states when it should be.

It should be, I agree. Maybe a hopper at a local airport from city to city... but once you cross state lines that is where the fun begins.

The better solution is for every American to push this thing back instead of looking for loopholes. There was a short-lived moment when they wanted to cut power to the NSA but that never came to fruition. And then mum became the word.

ATruepatriot
07-09-2019, 08:46 PM
It should be, I agree. Maybe a hopper at a local airport from city to city... but once you cross state lines that is where the fun begins.

The better solution is for every American to push this thing back instead of looking for loopholes. There was a short-lived moment when they wanted to cut power to the NSA but that never came to fruition. And then mum became the word.

And they have tanks, gunships and thermal optics... Just Try... The mind is the only way to beat this and you have yet to figure that one out my friend...

timosman
07-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Starting October 01, 2020 - REAL ID - "It's the Law"

Ain't gonna happen. It will be postponed at least until 2022.