PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul" is not enough (please help)

shadowhooch
12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Okay, I've got Ron Paul signs on all sides of my car. But I feel like now I've got to take it to the next step and actually get more than his "name" out there (because people are lazy and won't look him up). So instead of simply "Ron Paul for President", I'm going to type, print, and put 3 or 4 line phrases on my car so that people learn who Ron Paul is. This is a great way to educate people and it costs NOTHING!

Can you help me come up with these? I really want some that would hit home with people. Here are my initial thoughts:

Ron Paul
Honest
Consistent
Principled

Less Govt
Less Taxes
More Freedom
More Liberty

End the War
End the IRS
Secure our Borders
Secure our Soveriegnty

Ron Paul
Congressman
Medical Doctor
Veteran

Then accross the top of my back window:
Take our Country Back! Vote on February 5th!

What do you think? Any suggestions? I'm looking for the most concise and best representation of Ron Paul that resonates with people. Thanks for any help!

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Less Govt
Less Taxes
More Freedom

End the War
End the IRS
Secure our Borders
Secure our Soveriegnty

Then accross the top of my back window:
Take our Country Back! Vote on February 5th!

What do you think? Any suggestions? I'm looking for the most concise and best representation of Ron Paul that resonates with people. Thanks for any help!

These are my favorites. Make sure to spell "sovereignty" correctly though.

beobeli
12-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Hmm... Yep, Ron Paul's message is a complex one. Hard to squeeze it into a few words.

How about this:

RON PAUL
The only true change in D.C.

Here is also one tag line I like that one of the forum users came up with:
"If you are not voting for Ron Paul, you have not heard the truth!"

BTW, remove some signs from your car. Going overboard is counterproductive. The key is to plant a seed, a puzzle, a hint. If you over do it, you credibility goes down, and people will reject you. People do need to "discover" RP on their own. The less you say the better, the more intriguing the hint. Based on a subtle hint people go "Hmmm... Who is Ron Paul? Why do I see his name popping up more and more?" They'll ask around, they'll google, and they'll be hooked. Majority of American are not too political and will not brag about their candidate. Majority also doesn't really understand why they vote for a candidate. Don't expect people to stop you and kick off a discussion. Your promotion is working, regardless. Good luck and thank you.

AlexMerced
12-14-2007, 08:15 AM
I've made several flyers, they should be on the main facebook groups images, along with a lot of other great images

shadowhooch
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
BTW, remove some signs from your car. Going overboard is counterproductive. The key is to plant a seed, a puzzle, a hint. If you over do it, you credibility goes down, and people will reject you. People do need to "discover" RP on their own. The less you say the better, the more intriguing the hint. Based on a subtle hint people go "Hmmm... Who is Ron Paul? Why do I see his name popping up more and more?" They'll ask around, they'll google, and they'll be hooked. Majority of American are not too political and will not brag about their candidate. Majority also doesn't really understand why they vote for a candidate. Don't expect people to stop you and kick off a discussion. Your promotion is working, regardless. Good luck and thank you.

I've heard that argument but I don't know if I agree. Sure, there is a risk I look like a kook. And for 5 months, I've been just doing the limited "Ron Paul" signs on my car hoping that would spur enough interest for people to look him up.

But from my experience, most people DON'T look him up. People have come up to me at work and asked....so who is this Ron Paul? I give them a couple of lines about him and tell them he's running for president and encourage them to learn more. Then I see these people again and they don't know anything more about him and don't really care. I think most people are apathetic to the process and won't bother to look up a politician.

So, I'm going the "kooky" route and putting Ron Paul's positions on my car. If any of those issues resonate with someone, I think they will be MORE likely to look him up further and vote. If they think I'm a kook, oh well. At least they know where Ron Paul stands.