PDA

View Full Version : A Way To Ensure Victory [AWESOME IDEA]

MicroBalrog
12-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Now, as some of you know, I live in Israel and cannot contribute personally to the primaries except with ideas. But here's an idea you guys might use.

During the last election, I volunteered [first as an activist, then as poll watcher] for the Ale-Yarok party. Our main constituency were young people and students. We faced, of course, the problem of them being politically apathetic.

And so someone threw out the following idea [which we did not implement due to lack of time and money]: We would instruct our activists and supporters to drive to places where young people hang out on Election Day and offer people a ride them to the polls. The idea was that people who would be our supporters but were for some reason too lazy to vote would thus do so if offered a free ride.

I think that this is an awesome idea. Perhaps someone should create a list of RP supporters with cars and vans that would drive to college campuses etc. to pick up students and get them to the polls.

Such a thing would become EXTREMELY important in states that have caucuses that are turnout-based, or otherwise low turnout.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Great idea. Edit your post, go to advanced, and change the title to something like "Offer Rides to the Polls" so that more people will be interested in reading it.

Meatwasp
12-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Micro that is a super good idea. Lets hope the students have registered Republican