PDA

View Full Version : Video: The Ron Paul Girl is Back!

mackler
12-14-2007, 07:17 AM
In her latest new episode:

"The Ron Paul Girl meets The Obama Girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZeypkjC-4

Digg:
http://digg.com/comedy/Obama_Girl_Nightmare

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Nice. :)

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Great to see Liv back in the game!

PRIEST
12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Weak.

ronpaulfan
12-14-2007, 07:32 AM
I love Liv.....but I will never in a million years vote for Obama. Members of the CFR are traitors to the United States.

voytechs
12-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Wow, I nearly fell of my seat about 3/4ths way through the film though.

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Weak.

Agreed. Nice shorts though.

0zzy
12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Very niceeee

literatim
12-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Uh.

Who in their right mind would ever vote for a CFR member?

greves
12-14-2007, 07:42 AM
This video was terrible. Obama? Who are they trying to kid.

Liv (AKA the Ron paul Girl)
12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Okay, let me nip this in the bud right now...

We certainly didn't anticipate RP supporters getting upset about being kind to Obama... I guess we thought you'd all think it was cool that we actually got her to say she might support Ron Paul!

Basically, this video was supposed to be fun and entertaining. Amber is a nice girl, and the people who produce her videos are really cool.

It seemed like this would be a good way to get Ron Paul's name in the press and maybe introduce him to some people who'd never heard of him.

Instead, it's already being bashed by Ron Paul supporters.

If this video DOES happen to get some mainstream media attention, do we really want it to be swamped with negative comments from our own supporters?

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:44 AM
I've been hoping she would do one for The Tea Party. Guess not. :(

european
12-14-2007, 07:45 AM

We certainly didn't anticipate RP supporters getting upset about being kind to Obama... I guess we thought you'd all think it was cool that we actually got her to say she might support Ron Paul!

Basically, this video was supposed to be fun and entertaining. Amber is a nice girl, and the people who produce her videos are really cool.

It seemed like this would be a good way to get Ron Paul's name in the press and maybe introduce him to some people who'd never heard of him.

If this video DOES happen to get some mainstream media attention, do we really want it to be swamped with negative comments from our own supporters?

+1

too many negative ppl here :p
sometimes i think people just sign up to troll around.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 07:45 AM

You go, Liv. I thought the video was very clever. There's no way I would ever vote for Obama, but as a way to get more publicity for Dr. Paul, working with the Obama girl was a stroke of genius. :)

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi Liv...

It's great to see you back. You're right, but this kind of video would have probably gone over better AFTER the Republican primaries. Still, it's great to see you back and thanks for doing the video.

brandon13830
12-14-2007, 07:46 AM

Damn that was a fast response. A good response, though.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Nice work Liv!

Ignore any negativity. Some people don't have a sense of humour.

Your best work yet. It's gonna go viral.

NinjaPirate
12-14-2007, 07:50 AM
I'll write RP's name on my ballot in protest. :p

Edit: Btw, the clip is good! I'm not butt....I mean bashing the vid. And take the negativity with a grain of salt, there's been a plethora of that around here, much to our misfortune...

Mithridates
12-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I think it was a smart video to make. Having the Barack Obama girl in there means that a large number of Barack Obama fans are going to watch it, including people that until now have ignored videos made solely on Ron Paul.

I'm looking forward to a Ron Paul vs. Barack Obama matchup in 2008, mostly because it'll hopefully turn out to be a really polite and policy-driven campaign. It's either him or Clinton.

RP4U&ME
12-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Cute, clever, and fun. Well done!

greves
12-14-2007, 07:52 AM

It's a matter of principle. You know how Ron Paul, when asked who he would vote for if he didn't win, says "no one"? That's called principle. It's called not selling out our ideas to the media. If this video DOES happen to get some mainstream media attention, and people vote for Ron Paul because some girl wearing short shorts said she might vote for Ron Paul, then those people really have no idea what this whole rEVOLution is about.

I don't mean to be negative, I mean to be constructive: this video is not constructive, it's a farce.

There's quite a difference in being kind to someone and telling them you love them or support their political ideas or whatever. RP is kind to his enemies in all the debates, but he would never say he supports them.

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-14-2007, 07:58 AM

We all appreciate the videos you've made. This one just doesn't do anything to promote Ron Paul. And no, we wouldn't comment negatively about it other than here. Just a little constructive criticism. :)

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Greves,

People like different things and people vote for someone for all different kinds of reasons. I could care less if everyone voting for Paul understand "what this rEVOLution is about", I just want their votes.

Paul can educate everyone, AFTER he gets elected. Liv is trying to help and I hope she continues to do so.

12-14-2007, 07:59 AM
it's a farce.

Exactly!

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:59 AM
We all appreciate the videos you've made. This one just doesn't do anything to promote Ron Paul.

Yes it does. You're missing the point. She was trying to make Paul palatable to Obama's supporters. She put the question mark in their minds. Maybe they will now go check him out.

greves
12-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Greves,

People like different things and people vote for someone for all different kinds of reasons. I could care less if everyone voting for Paul understand "what this rEVOLution is about", I just want their votes.

Paul can educate everyone, AFTER he gets elected. Liv is trying to help and I hope she continues to do so.

I know that she's trying to help, but what I'm trying to say is that there's better ways to help than be a sellout.

And I'm sorry if you think the word "sellout" is too harsh, but she just blatantly stated that herself if you go read the top of page 2 of this thread.

Ozwest
Go Liv!

dirknb@hotmail.com
Yes it does. You're missing the point. She was trying to make Paul palatable to Obama's supporters. She put the question mark in their minds. Maybe they will now go check him out.

Good point.

literatim
12-14-2007, 08:01 AM
I think it sends a message of a.) Ron Paul supporters think Ron Paul might not win. b.) Ron Paul supporters really are a bunch of liberals who will jump ship from the GOP.

I really do appreciate everything you have done for the Ron Paul movement.

Mithridates
You know, there might even be some appeal for Obama supporters to donate to Ron Paul as well, since having Ron Paul as the Republican candidate would sound the final death knell to the tired "they hate us because we're free" and "if you're not with us, you're the enemy"-type rhetoric, complete with swiftboating and all the rest. Obama supporters that believe he would do well in a campaign bereft of mudslinging and focused on policy would have a vested interest in seeing Ron Paul become the Republican nominee.

greves
I think it sends a message of a.) Ron Paul supporters think Ron Paul might not win. b.) Ron Paul supporters really are a bunch of liberals.

+1

dima7b
12-14-2007, 08:02 AM
She isn't selling out. I thought this video was clever. She clearly is reaching out to Obama supporters and Obama girl probably has a following that will watch this video also. We all know that like 99.999999% of Ron Paul supporters will go vote for Ron Paul so we shouldn't even worry about that.

Good job Liv!

ronpaulfan
12-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Again, I love Liv. I think she is beautiful, intelligent and one of the strongest Ron Paul supporters on the net.....but the video is as pro-Obama as it is pro-Ron Paul (I measured) so please don't be surprised if it gets some flack.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I think it sends a message of a.) Ron Paul supporters think Ron Paul might not win. b.) Ron Paul supporters really are a bunch of liberals who will jump ship from the GOP.

Well, that is why I thought it would have been a better video for after the Republican primaries.

12-14-2007, 08:09 AM
She isn't selling out. I thought this video was clever. She clearly is reaching out to Obama supporters and Obama girl probably has a following that will watch this video also. We all know that like 99.999999% of Ron Paul supporters will go vote for Ron Paul so we shouldn't even worry about that.

Good job Liv!

The Obama Girl videos get MILLIONS and MILLIONS of views. The top Ron Paul Girl video has gotten several hundred thousand...

I think if this little joke get's MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people exposed to Ron Paul, then isn't that a good thing?

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:11 AM
You did good, Liv. :)

Can you make us a quickie on the Tea Party?

greves
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
The Obama Girl videos get MILLIONS and MILLIONS of views. The top Ron Paul Girl video has gotten several hundred thousand...

I think if this little joke get's MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people exposed to Ron Paul, then isn't that a good thing?

My question is simply WWRPD? Does he say he supports Giuliani in order to get press coverage? If he did, would that make Giuliani supporters look into him? No, of course not.

madRazor
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM

Bing! Correct!

Any publicity is good publicity people, because he's Ron Paul.

european
12-14-2007, 08:16 AM

+1 again!
:D

synthetic
12-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Great video, very clever.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:18 AM
My question is simply WWRPD? Does he say he supports Giuliani in order to get press coverage? If he did, would that make Giuliani supporters look into him? No, of course not.

Lay off, Greves! We know you don't like it and your rationale.

iddo
12-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Great video, thanks Liv...

NinjaPirate
12-14-2007, 08:19 AM
You did good, Liv. :)

Can you make us a quickie on the Tea Party?

She got a little burned doing the November 5th vid, and with the tea party being only two days away, I doubt there's any time for her to slap a vid together on such short notice.

greves
12-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Lay off, Greves! We know you don't like it and your rationale.

I don't see what's wrong with constructive criticism... I'm trying to show people my rationale so that hopefully something like this would happen in a better way next time - for instance if the Obama girl switched sides ;)

RP4U&ME
12-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Let's face it, Paul supporters in general have a reputation, whether deserved or not, for being kooky and on the fringe. Repeatedly portraying us that way makes it easier for MSM and Paul's opponents to dismiss all of our achievements, and plants seeds of doubt in undecided voters' minds who otherwise might consider Paul's campaign.
Liv's video is evidence that we're not all uptight computer geeks, that we're regular people able to have fun. Any efforts that soften the image of Paul's "cult-like" following should be applauded.

eloquensanity
12-14-2007, 08:21 AM

Good job Liv!

Exactly, ........and if Obama is not the nominee where will his supporters go? Some of them might join us because of the goodwill between these two girls.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Obama supporters are not our enemies, they're just miss-guided.

This video will introduce thousands of potential voters to Ron Paul and entice them to further research his positions.

A very clever strategy indeed.

Liv has proven again that our girl is tops!

NinjaPirate
12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Liv's video is evidence that we're not all uptight computer geeks, that we're regular people able to have fun. Any efforts that soften the image of Paul's "cult-like" following should be applauded.

Like her beer diet vid?? :D

*punctures hole in a beer can and starts chugging*

evandi
12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
It would only have been good if you had replied with *crickets* instead of saying you might support Obama.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't see what's wrong with constructive criticism... I'm trying to show people my rationale so that hopefully something like this would happen in a better way next time - for instance if the Obama girl switched sides ;)

Ok, then I'm taking it that you will now listen to constructive criticism on the blimp, without going apeshit. ;)

1town
12-14-2007, 08:25 AM
This video: Failure.

Seriously, Liv, if you didn't anticipate criticism for this video, then you obviously don't understand the revolution.

I'm sure Obama girl is a very nice girl as you say, but I suspect she is just as misguided as you. Obama and Ron Paul are not even on the same chart when it comes to political policy and views.

edit: You're all very hot, tho :p

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Uh.

Have proof of Obama being in the CFR?

fortilite
12-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Not everyone buys into CFR conspiracy theories, calm down people. Stop making yourselves sound crazy and eating your own at the same time.

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah I'm sorry I don't like it at all, your hot of course so I don't want to take anything away from that but this video seems sort of defeatist to me and really turned me off. I agree that niceness is key in converting people but niceness and defeatist are two separate things. Frankly my heart stopped when I watched this video. If your pants represent habeas corpus then your underwear represents the patriot act and did you know obama voted to extend the patriot act in 2006? I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed in this video as I think the real way to win is not through a defeatist attitude but through confidence and getting the message across. The only message I got from this was 1) You ripped of the idea from obama girl 2) your sorry 3) you would vote obama because he is anti war (witch only represents a small portion of what Ron Paul is about and doesn't reflect at all the things obama is about) 4) lies to the American people about how obama is anti-war when he himself said he couldn't commit to any sort of troop withdrawal until 2013? No I did not like this video at all. You are still hot though for whatever that's worth...

common the issue to voters isn't if he is cfr, the issue is he is nothing like ron paul, so why would any of us vote for him? Does he want to restore my civil liberties? Does he want to end the irs and the fed? Does he want to bring the troops home? Does he want less government? Does he have a record of voting according to the constitution? Why don't you guys ask yourself these questions and then think would you vote for him. He is completely unlike paul in every way shape and form and for this I will not vote for him.......ever!

jm1776
12-14-2007, 08:28 AM

Absolutely! No doubt the views on your other vids with Ron Paul position info will go up too! Well done!

gb13
12-14-2007, 08:28 AM
It looks like the two of them have as hard a time deciding which one of their candidates is better, as I have deciding which one of their asses is nicer. :D

Obama: Sucks.

Shorts: Nicey nice.

ronpaulfan
12-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Not everyone buys into CFR conspiracy theories, calm down people. Stop making yourselves sound crazy and eating your own at the same time.

The CFR is real and very anti-American. They are traitors.

They are a globalist organization working towards a one-world government: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QAC2yJFdM

Ron Paul is not a member of the CFR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_AML16tC8

jake
12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
:( Barack Obama?

fortilite
12-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Not everyone needs to think alike. A lot of people on this board were Obama fans before being Ron Paul fans. Not everyone here focuses on the same issues. What we have in common is being hardcore Ron Paul supporters. Stop trashing a Ron Paul supporter. Stop leaving negative comments on her videos. All you're doing is chasing people away. You guys sound mentally ill when you do it, consider how you portray yourselves and the effects of divisiveness.

Aballistar
12-14-2007, 08:43 AM
I have nothing political to say right now... but that asian girl is hot :)

ursamajor
12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
good work

synthetic
12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Supporters from both camps should have fun with this video. No one expects you to run out and vote for Obama. There was nothing defeatist or negative for either campaign. Lighten up.

Tedhunter
12-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Basically, this video was supposed to be fun and entertaining.

Exactly - it was meant to be taken lightly, not as a statement of policy, not as foreshadowing to us voting for Obama, none of that nonsense.

Worst case scenario, if the MSM picks up the story and misinterprets this as: "Ron Paul supporters may be swayed to vote for Obama," then that would only further reveal their biases and lack of professionalism, meanwhile potentially sparking some controversy in the Obama camp and elsewhere on the Democratic side.

Keep goin' Liv - no one in their right mind would misconstrue this video against us.

grfgerger
12-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Wow some of you people are getting way too worked up about this. The video is fine, it has solid production value, an attractive girl promoting our candidate's name, and will introduce some obama supporters to ron paul. Who knows, maybe a few of them will convert, donate, or even both.

I have a suggestion for those who are giving out this this 'constructive criticism' which is an interesting term considering I've seen at least a few insults such as "sellout" thrown around. Please make your own video and that way you can control exactly what it says.

grfgerger
12-14-2007, 09:11 AM
No problem, I'll do that and you can go sit in the group of "Simp for any female on the internet"

you get that term from yahoo chat or something? is this your first day on the internet? it's called eknighting, chump.

1town
12-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Enough with the nerd-terms, Speak in common tounge

rooteroa
12-14-2007, 09:21 AM
you get that term from yahoo chat or something? is this your first day on the internet? it's called eknighting, chump.

eknighting, or echivalry is a dead term. the intellectuals of the intarwebz use simp now.

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Negative attitudes are very self-destructive. Calm down with the insults. The video was fun and lighthearted.

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
yeah I think we need to lock this thread and pretend like it didn't happen. I think this video is just going to divide rp supporters instead of bring obama supporters to ron paul.

mtmedlin
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Extending an olive branch to supporters of other candidates is NEVER a bad idea.

ps. is it wrong that I have watched the last 17 seconds of that video multiple times?

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 09:31 AM
You go, Liv. I thought the video was very clever. There's no way I would ever vote for Obama, but as a way to get more publicity for Dr. Paul, working with the Obama girl was a stroke of genius. :)

+10

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 09:32 AM
THIS VIDEO FU(KING SUCKS!!!!! oBAMA IS NOTHING LIKE RON PAUL!!!!!!!!

I GUESS IF YOU DON'T MIND THE NORTH AMERICAN UNION, THEN YOU COULD VOTE FOR OBAMA!

OBAMA IS A MEMBER OF THE CFR AND IS A PUPPET FOR THE NEW WORLD ORDER

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Greves,

+100000

Derek Johnson
12-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Thumbs up!

I'm not crazy about CFR members, but hey, it's a nice gesture...the reach out is fine, and hopefully some of the Obama crowd will come our way.

And those are mighty fine posteriors in that video!

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Lol, no they are all hot! I really like liv the best (not for who she supports) I just don't agree with the message in this video at all. I'm trying to see it with an open mind but seriously I miss the old liv....remember the one that would tell us about liberty, freedom, peace and patriotism? Yeah thats the one that got me hot and bothered :D

Extending an olive branch to supporters of other candidates is NEVER a bad idea.

ps. is it wrong that I have watched the last 17 seconds of that video multiple times?

rollingpig
12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
not a true believer of da revolution

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:37 AM

I GUESS IF YOU DON'T MIND THE NORTH AMERICAN UNION, THEN YOU COULD VOTE FOR OBAMA!

Can you give me a source showing me Obama's CFR connections?

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Perhaps you could show the proof that he is a CFR member. I believe it is his WIFE, who is.

Note: Are you able to construct a sentence without profanity?

mconder
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
She obviously doesn't get it if Obama is a good substitute for Ron Paul.

rpfreedom08
lol, damnit someone lock this thread already!

1town
Greves,

Then why don't we pander? :rolleyes:

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:41 AM

What does that even mean?

StrikerV
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Liv:

1. Obama is noywhere near Ron Paul.

2. Very nice shorts

3. Funny video.

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Can you give me a source showing me Obama's CFR connections?

http://www.cfr.org/bios/11603/barack_obama.html

http://www.nowpublic.com/obama-cfr

sandersondavis
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Uh.

Apparently, tens of millions of voters.

I see this video as a positive. Anything that gets Obama supporters to take a look at Ron Paul is a good thing.

I love the video Thanks for making it Liv.

mtmedlin
12-14-2007, 09:52 AM
If we use a little logic.

1. Ron Paul supporters - not going anywhere.
2. Anti War supporters of Obama - need somewhere to go after he loses

Liv did nothing wrong and some of you were outright wrong in what you said. It is one thing to disagree and do so with passion but to degrade any supporter in the manner that I have seen here is so far past irreprehensible, I think the mods seriously need to look at what was written.

1town
12-14-2007, 09:56 AM
What does that even mean?

It means Obama is the anti-christ to my personal Jesus, Ron Paul. This rhetoric of maybe this will make some Obama supporters interested is nonsense. All I see the idea that Ron Paul might as well be running for the democratic nomination.

As a former flaming liberal, I won't even consider going back to these pandering, establishments democrats.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 09:59 AM

The bio on the CFR website does not say he's a member. He's spoken there. Lot of people do who are not members.

The 2nd url you cite does say he's a member, but I see no proof of that. Blogs can say just about anything.

Give me a credible source.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM

Who is "we"? Are you trying to dictate how each of us chooses to support Ron Paul? If so, don't you belong with a different campaign?

fortilite
12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Maybe this thread need to go to hot topics with the rest of the nuts.

K1RBY
12-14-2007, 10:05 AM
this video is just more fuel for people who say 'Ron Paul's supporters are really democrats'

...and as i keep saying in these forums, this is more proof that so many RP supporters dont have a freakin' clue who/what they are voting for.

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi Liv...

It's great to see you back. You're right, but this kind of video would have probably gone over better AFTER the Republican primaries. Still, it's great to see you back and thanks for doing the video.

I just saw this and agree 100%. I think we first need to win the primaries. We can't start getting ahead of ourselves and I think that is where we are all messing up here.

Common people lets not get divided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
I also didn't like the video. No need to get into it, but then again I haven't really watched any of your others, so this is my first.
That's a really bad first impression for me.

Oh well.

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:18 AM
liked the video :) :)

Mortikhi
12-14-2007, 10:19 AM

I haven't seen the video yet, but judging by the lack of gasping in this thread, I can tell you that I am highly disappointed that your latest video is not NC-17. :(

btw, inflexible girl and beer diet are my favorites.

FireofLiberty
12-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't think it's possible to make an argument that RP and Obama are alike. They're VERY different. Even on the war, where they seemingly agree, they're actually quite different.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Don't chase her off again this time, idiots.

jd603
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Please, Obama doesn't compare. Kucinich is closer.

FireofLiberty
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
But, that said, I loved the video and thought it was very funny and hope she keeps making more.

PathIveMade
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM

With all due respect, the first link proves nothing. It's just a bio page for the candidates. In fact Ron Paul is on there as well. I'm sure he's not a member.
h ttp://www.cfr.org/bios/13303/ron_paul.html

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Alright. Here's a more official source

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/051122-moving_forward/

Senator Barack Obama
Chicago Council on Foreign Relations
Chicago, IL

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:26 AM
stop the flaming!!!

I am a southern conservative and would vote for Obama if he was up against Giuliani or the Huckster or McCain or Romney or Thompson.

Delain
12-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I believe Obama's wife is on the board of directors also.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 10:28 AM
With all due respect, the first link proves nothing. It's just a bio page for the candidates. In fact Ron Paul is on there as well. I'm sure he's not a member.
h ttp://www.cfr.org/bios/13303/ron_paul.html
Not sure what you're getting at here, Obama is most definitely a member of the CFR, as are most of the candidates in both parties.

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 10:28 AM

Senator Barack Obama
Chicago, IL

Please realize that the people voting for Obama don't know or doesn't understand what the Council on Foreign Relations is. We want the Obama supporters and not Obama himself.

Chill out everyone.

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:29 AM
People get over your stupid CFR obsession.

Yes all those who want to do harm to this nation are in the CFR.
but that does not mean that,
all those in the CFR want to harm this nation.

GET OVER YOURSELVES and go play footsie with Alex Jones.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 10:30 AM

You're right, I think there are a lot of good people in the CFR who don't fully understand its objectives, but regardless, the CFR still has wicked corporatist objectives dating back to its creation by J.P. Morgan's people.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
The ass shots were very nice, but not a video that I wouldl particularly like to watch more then once...

She just needs to make a video were she talks about the issues.... that makes people learn and enjoy learning....

Nice video anyway...

mrchubbs
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
LOVED the video. Clever way to get Ron Paul's name out there.

Just ONCE I'd like to go through the day as a Ron Paul supporter
without seeing people attacking candidates or other people with the "CFR"
label.

I say CFR SCHMEE-F-R,
take that energy and go do something constructive to get more votes
for Ron Paul, not less.

By throwing around that label, whether true or not, you are contributing to the media stereotype of Ron Paul supporters as being a bit kooky.

Yes, the CFR exists, Yes, they may be pursuing a "one world government." So what.

At this point all we should care about is winning Ron Paul more support, not less. Save your CFR labeling until AFTER Ron Paul wins, and not one second before.

GREAT VIDEO LIV... Don't let the naysayers get you down.

aravoth
12-14-2007, 10:32 AM

The video is great, don't let people second guess your motives. again, nice work.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 10:34 AM
My advice to Liv is to shake them haters off, and that those who speak poorly of your videos represent a stark minority of Ron Paul supporters. You stay classy, San Diego.

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Ron Paul: Barrack Obama:: Apples: Oranges

PathIveMade
12-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Not sure what you're getting at here, Obama is most definitely a member of the CFR, as are most of the candidates in both parties.

I'm not disagreeing that Obama may be a member of the CFR. All I was saying was that the original link sent to show Obama is definately a member of the CFR, didn't prove anything of the sort. It is just a bio page on the candidate that happens to be on the CFR website. My point is, that Ron Paul has a page on there as well, and I'm sure Ron Paul is not a member.

TheNewYorker
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
It is just a bio page on the candidate that happens to be on the CFR website. My point is, that Ron Paul has a page on there as well, and I'm sure Ron Paul is not a member.

link?

LibertyEagle
this video is just more fuel for people who say 'Ron Paul's supporters are really democrats'

...and as i keep saying in these forums, this is more proof that so many RP supporters dont have a freakin' clue who/what they are voting for.

Well, Kirby, I am a Goldwater-Republican whose mother was a delegate for Barry Goldwater, Sr. I darn sure think I know what I am voting for and one of those things is freedom of speech. I also am a strong advocate of common decency to other human beings. How dare some of you call Liv names and insult her! Who the heck died and left you king of the universe?

I in no way support Obama and would vote for him when Hell froze over. However, I do not think that is what Liv was trying to portray at all. It had more to do with making Paul palatable to Obama's supporters. Did she jump the gun a bit (ie. before the Republican primaries were held)? Well, yes, it is my opinion that she did. But, her intention was good.

As far as what I am voting for... How is this for you?

- Limited Constitutional government
- Fiscal responsibility in government
- Personal privacy
- Personal responsibility
- A strong national defense
- Individual liberty

Anyone who insulted Liv, owes her an apology!

Delain

Not fully awake are we? :)

PathIveMade
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
link?

http://www.cfr.org/bios/13303/ron_paul.html

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Don't chase her off again this time, idiots.

+10

fortilite
12-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Not fully awake are we? :)

Comments like these turn people off from Ron Paul. It is nothing but arrogance, and might I add a cliche conspiracy theorist term. So f**king sick of this s**t, I really wish we didn't have a common goal. This is why I avoided joining a meetup group.

Delain
12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Comments like these turn people off from Ron Paul. It is nothing but arrogance, and might I add a cliche conspiracy theorist term. So f**king sick of this s**t, I really wish we didn't have a common goal. This is why I avoided joining a meetup group.

Well I'm sorry I offended you in any way, but I happen to believe it is a very real organization with very real influence and very real goals and someone calling it something we should just "get over" has still one foot in the dreamworld in my humble opinion. :)

Now for the video, I dont think it's a huuuuge deal that Liv says she would maybe vote for Obama should Ron Paul not get the nomination. Ok, its not principled, but there are different levels intended for different audiences.

Video is excellent and very funny! After that final scene I wouldnt mind hearing some tooth brushing sounds coming from my bathroom. :p

tmg19103
12-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey Liv,

Great to see you back! Ignore the naysayers and keep your chin up!

Let's look at this. First of all, Liv has a history before her RP of funny videos in her underwear. If Liv were to stand there in business clothes and slam the CFR do you think anyone would watch it?

Her videos are light hearted with some sex appeal - and appeal to a younger crowd. Who are the two biggest candidates with the younger crowd? Obama and RP. Obama, however, polls as almost a tie with the front-running Democrat while RP is further down the Republican polls.

I see this video appealing to people under the age of 30, and many will be for Obama, and this might get them to look into RP (this video will not lose RP voters - we are too devout). What would really be awesome would be a follow-up vid on how Liv (the Ron Paul Girl) changes her mind on Obama and points out big differences - like how RP wants out of the war NOW (I would not talk up CFR, even though it is a problem. Too confusing for the masses).

Regardless, you have my thanks, Liv. I don't know if this vid will go viral or not, but if so - it can only help RP as young people will debate Obama-RP, which I see as a good thing, and if it REALLY goes viral and gets even a mention by the MSM, THAT can really help as it will be about RP and Obama being on the same playing field for their respective parties and that will bump up RP.

As for the Tea party - I don't think we need Liv's help. The word is out and it will be outrageous.

Thanks Liv!

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Now for the video, I dont think it's a huuuuge deal that Liv says she would maybe vote for Obama should Ron Paul not get the nomination. Ok, its not principled, but there are different levels intended for different audiences.

After the way she was treated by so-called Ron Paul supporters, I wouldn't blame her.

Does anyone remember that post of Bradley's when he talked about us being Ron Paul's Ambassadors? Our words reflect on this campaign. So, tell me, when some of us bash Liv, and call her all kinds of names, do you think it entices others to look further into Paul's platform? :confused:

hard@work
12-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Dear Liv,

Yes I will marry you.

Love,

Hard@Work

hopeforamerica
12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Just awful! How are Ron Paul and Obama similiar? She's lost me as a fan. You guys just like the booty shots.

FireofLiberty
12-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Just awful! How are Ron Paul and Obama similiar? She's lost me as a fan. You guys just like the booty shots.

No, we like that she goes through all this trouble to support Ron. These types of comments are going to cause her to stop making videos again.

Bryan
12-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's the digg link submitted by Liv- please note this is filed under "Offbeat -> Comedy"
http://digg.com/comedy/Obama_Girl_Nightmare

I added it to the OP too.

The Plan
12-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I liked it, but personally i like a little more ass than either of them got.

BTW, there's no way in hell i would ever vote for Barak Obama.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 11:14 AM
BTW, there's no way in hell i would ever vote for Barak Obama.
This is why the video is so brilliant. It has nothing but upside for us, because we lose nothing and gain Obama supporters.

werdd
12-14-2007, 11:16 AM
That was the weakest crap ive ever seen. Nice asses though :X

PathIveMade
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I was looking at the title of the video... " The Obama Girl Nightmare"
I'm thinking that the whole thing is just funny... nothing here that can hurt the movement. Only bring in possible new support. That's fine with me. I'm just one man though :)
Good job Liv.

Delain
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
After the way she was treated by so-called Ron Paul supporters, I wouldn't blame her.

Does anyone remember that post of Bradley's when he talked about us being Ron Paul's Ambassadors? Our words reflect on this campaign. So, tell me, when some of us bash Liv, and call her all kinds of names, do you think it entices others to look further into Paul's platform? :confused:

For some it is a very principled issue. And you cant compromise on principles.

That has nothing to do with Liv. I hope she and others can understand that and dont take that part of it personally (i dont mean the namecaling, theres no excuse for that). One doesnt have to agree on it to understand it.

As for the principled people, different levels and different audiences.

"Small steps, Ellie. Small steps"

ScotTX
12-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Great work, Liv! Thanks for all you do. Glad you're here and I look forward to seeing more! Keep it up, but please, please, please...don't ever vote for Obama!:D

1town
12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
If you support Ron Paul, you might as well support Obama.

That's what I heard.

So what is the dispute here? Looks to me like
those who don't like this video, want the conservatives to wake up to Ron Paul,
while those who defend it think we have a better chance converting the liberals.

Fair assessment?
Convert liberals versus Convince conservatives?

1town
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Who is "we"? Are you trying to dictate how each of us chooses to support Ron Paul? If so, don't you belong with a different campaign?

I'm promoting sticking to your beliefs and principles. Or rather, Ron Pauls. Am I not allowed to voice my concern about how other people support Paul? Can i not say that I think the conpiracy-asshats are hurting the campaign?

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 02:01 PM
The bio on the CFR website does not say he's a member. He's spoken there. Lot of people do who are not members.

The 2nd url you cite does say he's a member, but I see no proof of that. Blogs can say just about anything.

Give me a credible source.

Common sense dictates to most logical people.

I wonder if Ron Paul would take them up on a offer to speak there.

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Senator Barack Obama
Chicago, IL

Thankyou!! thats much better

voytechs
12-14-2007, 02:05 PM
I wonder if Liv now has to star in Obama girl's video in return?

krott5333
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
that is some shitty green screen action right there!

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 02:13 PM

Yeah, I guess if someone is a member of a Organization that wants to harm America, It Doesn't necessarily mean they do....

The Logic Is Strong in this one...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/Troyg19/SPOCK.jpg

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
link?

Cardinal Red
12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
The video is great--we need a lot more "soft selling" of Dr. Paul and this video is perfect for that. This helps our campaign and we appreciate your work!

V4Vendetta
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
The video is great--we need a lot more "soft selling" of Dr. Paul and this video is perfect for that. This helps our campaign and we appreciate your work!

Yep.... The Number 2 front runner for Democrats saying Ron Paul is almost the same..... Yeah that will win over the Republican Delegates!!!!!!

AGAIN.....

THE LOGIC IS STRONG IN THIS ONE AS WELL!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/Troyg19/SPOCK.jpg

nbhadja
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
PUKE, Stay away from that obama girl.

Obama is NOT against the war. His foreign policy is NEOCON!

GHoeberX
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
PUKE, Stay away from that obama girl.

Obama is NOT against the war. His foreign policy is NEOCON!

Obama Girl is the best!! I was surpised to hear Liv admit she's a rip-off of Obama Girl.

But I would pick Kucinich any day over Obama

nbhadja
12-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Obama Girl is the best!! I was surpised to hear Liv admit she's a rip-off of Obama Girl.

But I would pick Kucinich any day over Obama

Obama girl is very hot, but still she supports another corrupt status quo candidate.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Thank God for the Ron Paul girl! :D I would never vote for Obama, though.

fletcher
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
If it was Obama vs. Hitler I would still write in Ron Paul. If you vote for Obama you are voting against the Constitution.

Zym
12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
This video is horrible, Liv's butt barely even makes it watchable. We need to convert Republicans, not publicize his similarities with democrats. This hurts more than helps.

ThePieSwindler
12-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Ththththreaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Smackdownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Pharoah
12-14-2007, 08:59 PM
It's designed to bring Obama supporters into the RP camp - how hard is that to understand? Liv said it herself. If all we do is preach to the converted, we might as well not advertise at all.

@Liv - Excellent effort at broadening the support base for Ron Paul. Thank you.

RP4ME
12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
lame liz - obama sux period! if Rp doesnt get the nomination - correct answer - wriet HIm in! you need a redo

devil21
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah I dont get the whole Obama thing at all. Dr. Paul and Obama have nothing in common. Obama wouldn't commit to getting the troops out by 2013. Has Liv sold out just for viewership???

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah I dont get the whole Obama thing at all. Dr. Paul and Obama have nothing in common. Obama wouldn't commit to getting the troops out by 2013. Has Liv sold out just for viewership???

No, the PEOPLE voting for him think he wants to pull out the troops.

hard@work
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
http://www.obamala.com

Rock on Liv!

rfbz
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
The video was great. This is not selling out, it's just having fun and getting the word out about Ron Paul to Obama supporters. Lighten up ppl :)

JoeySweets
12-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Sex Sell I guess.

devil21
12-14-2007, 09:26 PM
The video was great. This is not selling out, it's just having fun and getting the word out about Ron Paul to Obama supporters. Lighten up ppl :)

But why would Obama people watch a Ron Paul girl video? They wouldnt unless this video is also marketed particularly to Obama supporters. How many Ron Paul people will watch this? A lot. Ill only be convinced once someone can confirm that this video is popping up voluntarily on Obama sites (if he has any...does he?).

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Sex Sell I guess.

Sure, but she is very creative and there's awesome video editing too. It's just fun to watch.

RP4Pres2008
12-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Who cares, it is fun! It was good to see these two together. Ron Paul DOES bring people together...so does mutual viewership ;)

rfbz
12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
But why would Obama people watch a Ron Paul girl video? They wouldnt unless this video is also marketed particularly to Obama supporters. How many Ron Paul people will watch this? A lot. Ill only be convinced once someone can confirm that this video is popping up voluntarily on Obama sites (if he has any...does he?).

Why would Obama people watch the Ron Paul girl video? The Ron Paul girl said herself that her own videos gets thousands of hits, while the Obama girl gets millions. Those millions will see this one. Plus, this video is already spreading around the net pretty quickly and believe me it's not just a bunch of Ron Paul supporters viewing it. It was just linked on Fark.com which has a wide range of people there.