PDA

View Full Version : The infamous newsletters and MLK

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-01-2019, 10:31 PM
"As for King, a 1992 Ron Paul newsletter referred to the civil rights leader as a “world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours.”"

Was the newsletter ahead of its time? I guess that prediction came true oddly enough

Historians have known for many years that civil rights icon Martin Luther King had been unfaithful to his wife. But now, David Garrow, who won a Pulitzer Prize in 1987 for his biography of King, has unearthed previously classified FBI documents showing that King was genuinely sexually depraved

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/cached/mlk-metoo.html

dannno
07-01-2019, 10:51 PM
It's possible, but I dunno how much I trust government informants.

Swordsmyth
07-01-2019, 10:53 PM
It's possible, but I dunno how much I trust government informants.
About as much as I trust commies like MLK.

I make it a 50/50 guess.

Anti Federalist
07-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Imagine that...

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-02-2019, 12:26 AM
It’s impossible to predict how this news is going to be received in America. We will need to read the entire Garrow essay to understand the scope and detail of what he has found in the archives. I’ll write more about it once the Garrow piece is published, and we can know exactly what we’re dealing with.
Well, now we know. It was completely ignored. This article is from over a month ago now.

If the right had any balls, all of this would have been heavily amplified and spread all over social media. But they don't. Case in point:

The Atlantic and the Washington Post also refused to run it, the editorial alleges, as did unnamed conservative US magazines.

Emphasis mine. This could have been such a powerful memetic weapon, but the right leaves it on the ground in an attempt to be "respectable." They deserve to lose.

UWDude
07-02-2019, 12:46 AM
I really don't give a fuck about King's sex life, or 50 year old allegations by the agencies that killed him.

I really don't care.

Anti Globalist
07-02-2019, 07:20 AM
I don't care about the sex life on a civil rights leader.

dannno
07-02-2019, 08:46 AM
I don't care about the sex life on a civil rights leader.

Even if he liked beating up the women? I'm not saying he did, just saying nobody really cares about the part that he slept with a lot of women.

jkr
07-02-2019, 08:50 AM
I really don't give a $#@! about King's sex life, or 50 year old allegations by the agencies that killed him.

I really don't care.

Me too
at this point (really) what difference does it make?
he spoke for peace
ron speaks for peace
were on the same ark

Ender
07-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Me too
he spoke for peace
ron speaks for peace
were on the same ark

Exactly.

The only source of the sex BS are the alphabets & LBJ playing recordings of MLK's supposed sexual life.

We all know how honest those sources are.:seenoevil::hearnoevil::speaknoevil:

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Me too
he spoke for peace
ron speaks for peace
were on the same ark
In an age of "cancel culture" and #MeToo, it is interesting to see which vaunted figures are immune. This is a culture that "canceled" John Wayne, a dead man, for an interview that's almost five decades old. Yet Saint Martin the Christ is above reproach. Funny, that. I wonder why.