PDA

View Full Version : Six-foot alligator presents deadly threat to migrants crossing the Rio Grande

Swordsmyth
07-01-2019, 08:27 PM
The alligator is about six feet long and the only known large reptile living in this part of south-central Texas, according to local agents who spoke with the Washington Examiner on the condition of anonymity because they are not allowed to speak with media.
Anfinsen said the gator has been around for "years," but may have been spotted hanging around Eagle Pass International Bridge 1 in May and June more than normal because the river at this part was higher than normal due to a dam being opened upstream.
Spanish media and Border Patrol have posted videos online of sightings and run-ins with the alligator. One such agent's video taken in June shows agents parking their air boat and the gator swimming approximately 20 feet over to them.
"What a beauty. What's going on, buddy," an agent on boat patrol said in a video he first published on Facebook. "Goddamn. Perfect! I think he's getting less scared of us. I think he's getting less scared of us."

Others have filmed the alligator lurking in the shallow waters on both sides of the river bank.
Anfinsen said the creature is indigenous to the region despite its rarity, and because of that they cannot remove it from the river, despite the danger it poses to migrants, locals, and federal officials.
"They can’t do anything about it," said Anfinsen.
The Mexican state of Coahuila's environment and urban development agency, issued a warning (https://vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/desde-hace-25-anos-hay-cocodrilos-en-el-rio-bravo) to the public in late May for people, including migrants, to be careful when going near or in the river.
At the time, hundreds of Central American migrant families were crossing near downtown Eagle Pass, right where the alligator was being seen. Hundreds of migrants from Central African nations also began crossing the border each week at the same point despite the risk of running across the gator.
One local Border Patrol agent who spoke anonymously said the sector has seen an uptick in crossings further upstream near Quemado, Texas, as well as the use of flotations. He said word got out of the risk of crossing near the gator and some smugglers changed how and where they were running people.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/six-foot-alligator-presents-deadly-threat-to-migrants-crossing-the-rio-grande

We need to stock the Rio Grande with more of them, I'm sure Louisiana and Florida and other gulf states would be glad to donate some.

Anti Globalist
07-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Looks like we better get ourselves a bunch of alligators.

oyarde
07-01-2019, 08:32 PM
There is a place in Mississippi where I used to rent a boat that had a 16 footer nearby .

RJB
07-02-2019, 05:32 AM
There is a place in Mississippi where I used to rent a boat that had a 16 footer nearby .

An image of you swimming with a Bowie knife in your teeth flashed in my head.

Working Poor
07-02-2019, 06:11 AM
I wonder if the alligator voted for Trump?

An image of you(Oyade) swimming with a Bowie knife in your teeth flashed in my head.

LOL

shakey1
07-02-2019, 06:50 AM
hmmm... needs more gator

Philhelm
07-02-2019, 07:07 AM

And a speedo.

shakey1
07-02-2019, 07:10 AM
And a speedo.

https://roamindoodles.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/luke-nooooooo.jpg

Anti Globalist
07-02-2019, 07:40 AM
I can totally see you fighting that alligator to the death. Bet you'll come out completely unscathed.

Stratovarious
07-02-2019, 08:05 AM
I Doubt a 6 footer would go after an adult, is this the biggest available down there?

PAF
07-02-2019, 08:16 AM
I Doubt a 6 footer would go after an adult, is this the biggest available down there?

LOL

Perhaps take a trip to visit a 6 foot alligator. Perhaps take a trip to the border to fully understand the ignored issues that government controlled mainstream "media" is not sharing with you.

Suzanimal
07-02-2019, 08:52 AM

And a speedo.

https://roamindoodles.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/luke-nooooooo.jpg

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/39910416.jpg

Stratovarious
07-02-2019, 09:13 AM
LOL

Perhaps take a trip to visit a 6 foot alligator. Perhaps take a trip to the border to fully understand the ignored issues that government controlled mainstream "media" is not sharing with you.

I figure that's about 3 ft of tail, though one that size could get ahold of you and
ruin your day, my guess is that he's probably more into small game and frogs,
'on the other hand' ;

I designed a T shirt a while back using photoshop;

Humans are not a normal part of the Shark Diet,

- - - - Provided you don't normally fall in. - - - -

timosman
07-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Six-foot alligator presents deadly threat to migrants crossing the Rio Grande

https://pics.me.me/cool-story-bro-needs-more-aliens-shit-history-com-2334532.png

PAF
07-02-2019, 09:22 AM
I figure that's about 3 ft of tail, though one that size could get ahold of you and
ruin your day, my guess is that he's probably more into small game and frogs,
'on the other hand' ;

I designed a T shirt a while back using photoshop;

Humans are not a normal part of the Shark Diet,

- - - - Provided you don't normally fall in. - - - -

Haha yes! I just retuned from a diving trip and dove with schools of shark - The Lost Blue Hole at 120' - fun fun fun! After I returned I read about a 20 year girl who was snorkeling in those waters and unfortunately died from a shark attack. Sharks are scavengers, if they see you splashing around and think you are an injured seal or something, they will definitely take a taste.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-02-2019, 11:07 AM
alligators are better at catching border crossers than democrats

Stratovarious
07-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Haha yes! I just retuned from a diving trip and dove with schools of shark - The Lost Blue Hole at 120' - fun fun fun! After I returned I read about a 20 year girl who was snorkeling in those waters and unfortunately died from a shark attack. Sharks are scavengers, if they see you splashing around and think you are an injured seal or something, they will definitely take a taste.

That's an experience of a lifetime , diving, I've never done it but can totally
imagine the incredible experience. I've not snorkeled in 'good' water either, that's
gotta' really cool too.

I'll remember to keep my 'thrashing about' to a minimum if I ever do..... : )