PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of guns, grenades mailed to South America are seized in crackdown on Florida ring

Swordsmyth
06-28-2019, 08:07 PM
Thousands of assault-style weapons and explosives shipped through the mail from South Florida to South America were seized this week in a law enforcement crackdown on arms traffickers who rake in millions on the black market while supplying criminal gangs, federal authorities said Friday.
A portion of the 5,300 firearms and components was confiscated in South Florida in the arrests of two high-level smugglers accused of illegally exporting weapons parts in packages that are reassembled in Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay, a notorious hub known as the Tri-Border Area, according to officials with Homeland Security Investigations in Miami.
The vast majority of the weapons smuggled out of South Florida — including more than 2,500 AR-15 rifles, handguns and grenades, along with some military-grade aircraft and tank weaponry — were confiscated in Argentina in that country’s largest illegal firearms haul ever, U.S. officials said during a news conference at HSI’s office in Doral. Argentine authorities arrested more than 20 suspects and seized about $100,000 in cash.

More at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article232029987.html

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2019, 08:08 PM
They were just doing their part in getting rid of guns in America! :O

oyarde
06-28-2019, 09:36 PM
Grenades , aircraft and tank weaponry. Do these guys have a catalog like sportsmans guide ?

UWDude
06-28-2019, 09:38 PM
Looks like Guiado has been tossed to the dogs.

He'll never get his arms now.

The devil never appreciates failure.

PAF
06-28-2019, 09:47 PM
5,300 firearms and components

including more than 2,500 AR-15 rifles, handguns and grenades, along with some military-grade aircraft and tank weaponry

Wow. That reminds me of Obama's Fast & Furious. Probably just a coincidence among every administration. I mean, NSA, and the leader in surveillance.

Swordsmyth
06-28-2019, 09:51 PM
Wow. That reminds me of Obama's Fast & Furious. Probably just a coincidence among every administration. I mean, NSA, and the leader in surveillance.
O'Bummer's deepstate has certainly refused to go quietly but so far there isn't any evidence to link them to this and it just got busted by Trump's administration.

PAF
06-28-2019, 09:54 PM
O'Bummer's deepstate has certainly refused to go quietly but so far there isn't any evidence to link them to this and it just got busted by Trump's administration.

Too early to tell. This is what stood out to me:

including more than 2,500 AR-15 rifles, handguns and grenades, along with some military-grade aircraft and tank weaponry — were confiscated in Argentina in that country’s largest illegal firearms haul ever, U.S. officials said during a news conference at HSI’s office in Doral. Argentine authorities arrested more than 20 suspects and seized about $100,000 in cash.