PDA

View Full Version : Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

UWDude
06-27-2019, 10:32 AM
https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2019/publicinterest.html

Twitter announced on Thursday that it would censor President Trump's tweets going into the 2020 election by "down-ranking" those which violate their rules via algorithms.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-27/twitter-censor-trump-tweets-ahead-2020-election

Now that the banksters own everything, free market principles says we have to let them restrict free speech as they see fit.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Now that the banksters own everything, free market principles says we have to let them restrict free speech as they see fit.

Private companies can't restrict your rights or tyrannize you. :sarcasm:

Origanalist
06-27-2019, 11:06 AM
You want me to vote for Trump? Because this is how you get me to vote for Trump. There is a across the board effort to silence all things Trump going on. I'm obviously ambivalent at best about him, but these smug sjw types are starting to piss me off.

jkr
06-27-2019, 11:07 AM
if someone is censoring...THEY ARE THE GOVERNMENT

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 11:23 AM
You want me to vote for Trump? Because this is how you get me to vote for Trump. There is a across the board effort to silence all things Trump going on. I'm obviously ambivalent at best about him, but these smug sjw types are starting to piss me off.

This is the place I have been all along when it comes to the Drunken Monkey.

The more conspiratorial among us will claim this all a ruse, designed to bring us into the Trump fold.

I don't believe that for a second...the Boshevik/Jacobinite left are truly unhinged, just the sight of a MAGA hat makes them hiss and recoil like vampires before a cross.

No, this descending "cone of silence" is for real.

They want anybody that does not toe the SJW left's line to be silenced.

donnay
06-27-2019, 11:30 AM
They did it to Ron Paul...that was my wake up call.

timosman
06-27-2019, 11:39 AM
if someone is censoring...
THEY ARE THE DERANGED GOVERNMENT

ftfy

aravoth
06-27-2019, 11:50 AM
This is the place I have been all along when it comes to the Drunken Monkey.

The more conspiratorial among us will claim this all a ruse, designed to bring us into the Trump fold.

I don't believe that for a second...the Boshevik/Jacobinite left are truly unhinged, just the sight of a MAGA hat makes them hiss and recoil like vampires before a cross.

No, this descending "cone of silence" is for real.

They want anybody that does not toe the SJW left's line to be silenced.

I live outside of Portland Oregon. The totalitarian left has been emboldened in this state, to the point of using the states emergency clause to push nearly every form of extreme left progressive legislation. This allows them to force higher taxes and restrictive fines on the population without putting those measures on the ballot as the Oregon constitution requires.

Recently the Democrat super majority tried to do this with "carbon reduction" legislation. Republicans insisted that it go to the people for a vote, Democrats tried to use the emergency clause to ram it through, but the Republicans ended up leaving the state to deny a vote on it at all. This was great for the rural counties. That bill would have been the final nail in the coffin for the timber industry. But because Republicans did what their constituents wanted, Portland progressives have lost it.

They have been advocating for state senators to be arrested and held as political prisoners. Portland Democrats saying that rural counties should be grateful for what the state has given them and "just shut up". There have been multiple threats of direct violence against the republican senators and their supporters. A group of loggers showed up to protest at the Capitol, and the governor shut down proceedings for that day on the ground that armed militia men were going to shoot everyone. And that is how the media reported it even though it was loggers and their families.

The cone of silence isn't just real, but it also is projecting an enormous amount of misinformation. The left wing of this country has become beyond extreme, and like every left wing movement in history, has become violent. It will get worse. The silencing of critical thought, and the deliberate deceit on the part of the media has happened in other countries before, it's just that now it includes social media. But that makes it all the more dangerous given the addictive nature of it, many wouldn't speak out about something that could cause them to loose their precious Twitter account, or a money making Instagram account.

Rough road ahead.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 12:05 PM
I live outside of Portland Oregon. The totalitarian left has been emboldened in this state, to the point of using the states emergency clause to push nearly every form of extreme left progressive legislation. This allows them to force higher taxes and restrictive fines on the population without putting those measures on the ballot as the Oregon constitution requires.

Recently the Democrat super majority tried to do this with "carbon reduction" legislation. Republicans insisted that it go to the people for a vote, Democrats tried to use the emergency clause to ram it through, but the Republicans ended up leaving the state to deny a vote on it at all. This was great for the rural counties. That bill would have been the final nail in the coffin for the timber industry. But because Republicans did what their constituents wanted, Portland progressives have lost it.

They have been advocating for state senators to be arrested and held as political prisoners. Portland Democrats saying that rural counties should be grateful for what the state has given them and "just shut up". There have been multiple threats of direct violence against the republican senators and their supporters. A group of loggers showed up to protest at the Capitol, and the governor shut down proceedings for that day on the ground that armed militia men were going to shoot everyone. And that is how the media reported it even though it was loggers and their families.

The cone of silence isn't just real, but it also is projecting an enormous amount of misinformation. The left wing of this country has become beyond extreme, and like every left wing movement in history, has become violent. It will get worse. The silencing of critical thought, and the deliberate deceit on the part of the media has happened in other countries before, it's just that now it includes social media. But that makes it all the more dangerous given the addictive nature of it, many wouldn't speak out about something that could cause them to loose their precious Twitter account, or a money making Instagram account.

Rough road ahead.

Thanks for the update from Oregon on that, and it's great to see you around again.

Hope you stick around...I'm thinking online forums and message boards may be on the verge of a renaissance as the only means by which anybody to the right of Stalin or Mao will have to communicate.

Stratovarious
06-27-2019, 12:11 PM
They did it to Ron Paul...that was my wake up call.

Yes they did, a script shared by all major networks in 2012 , it was disturbingly disgusting.

2012 was the clearest example (to me) of collisional, true conspiracy, corruption in media, there are still
almost no journalists , but 1000's of agenda pushing editorialists posing as journalists.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 12:13 PM

Rough road ahead.

This issue is what got the very popular reddit group the_Donald "quarantined" a couple of days ago.

Even though moderators removed any comments that called for any hint of violence or resistance, reddit still siad the_donald was inciting violence.

ut will surely be shut down before the elections.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 12:29 PM

most americans have no idea the massive censorship is happening. A few days ago project veritas got the head of Google's "trust and safety" team to brag on camera how they were doing everything intheir power to make sure Trump was not reelected.

Anybody who posted the video on their twitter had the video removed. anybody posting it in reddit had the link blocked.
And of course Project Veritas' reddit was closed down. They do not want the public at large to be aware of the massive amounts of censorship occuring (and it is massive).

It is happening on a massive level. Anybody who tries to make their own has their apps deemed offensive by google play and apple store, and refused. then paypal refuses to prcess payments for them, if they continue to fight back, then stripe a square and other payment processors refuse to do service, or, simply cancel their bank accounts ( so far, only Chase has done this, and only to a handful of people.

so far, ICANN has not done anything, so having a free speech website is still possible, but those in the know see ICANN stepping up soon and censoring, especially since control of ICANN was given to the UN by Obama in 2013. Even Linux has been hit. All the original creators of these services have been pushed out or bought out or imprisoned/harrassed to death (RIP Aaron Schwarz)

it appears the mark of the beast is set in the right hand (mouse) and firehead (monitor). A cashless society and automated transportation will be the final nail, where virtual deplatforming has truly deadly consequences, and people will literally starve to death for wrongthink.

They dont want america to know the censorship is happening, because of the potential baclash.

aravoth
06-27-2019, 12:36 PM
This issue is what got the very popular reddit group the_Donald "quarantined" a couple of days ago.

Even though moderators removed any comments that called for any hint of violence or resistance, reddit still siad the_donald was inciting violence.

ut will surely be shut down before the elections.

To be honest I wouldn't be shocked at all if some on the right started inciting violence. In Oregon the rural counties has been utterly devestated by leftist environmental regulations. The timber industry has all but disappeared. Many of the Mills have been shutdown. The fishing industry took a huge hit, so did ranchers on the Eastern side of the state. The policies of this progressive government has crippled the economy in nearly every rural county. The Oregon public education system, that has been presided over by leftists for the last 50 years, is one of the worst in the country. Added to this, the public employee retirement system is tied directly to the education general fund, and it is massively in the red because it pays out 100 percent or more of what your salary was when you worked. So Everytime normal people vote to increase school funding, the money gets swallowed by the public retirement fund.

Working class people are watching their livelihood disappear because of bad policy, while the government class steals from their children's education to fund their own retirement. They cannot pay for their own retirement, yet they are forced to pay for someone else's, all while job opportunities are disappearing in the name of bad environmental policy. Then they wake up one day and read the news and find out that illegal immigrants get free healthcare, free abortions, free college, and legal driver licenses. While they loose their house.

But this isn't unique to Oregon. Other states are dealing with it also.

I am not advocating violence. But given what people are going through, I wouldn't be shocked if someone lost it.

Anti Globalist
06-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Twitter can censor him all they want. He's still going to win his reelection. Their efforts are futile.

Swordsmyth
06-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Time for him to move to another platform and watch twitter shrivel.

r3volution 3.0
06-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Libertarians: "No one has a right to use twitter except with the permission of, and on the conditions set by, its owners."

The other half of RPF: "Tech tyranny! Deep State! We don't need no stinkin property rights. MAGA!"

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/80534086/sad.jpg

dannno
06-27-2019, 03:04 PM
You want me to vote for Trump? Because this is how you get me to vote for Trump.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/customavatars/thumbs/avatar33245_6.gif

dannno
06-27-2019, 03:12 PM
Libertarians: "No one has a right to use twitter except with the permission of, and on the conditions set by, its owners."

The other half of RPF: "Tech tyranny! Deep State! We don't need no stinkin property rights. MAGA!"

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/80534086/sad.jpg

This is completely wrong, you aren't fooling anybody here with your nonsense.

r3volution 3.0
06-27-2019, 03:21 PM
This is completely wrong, you aren't fooling anybody here with your nonsense.

Which part's wrong?

Lots of people here are calling for government action against tech companies in disregard of their property rights.

dannno
06-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Which part's wrong?

Lots of people here are calling for government action against tech companies in disregard of their property rights.

No, they aren't.

r3volution 3.0
06-27-2019, 03:50 PM
No, they aren't.

From a recent thread about a looming anti-trust action against Google:

Good. I am so sick of these monopolies. They think they are too big to fail.

Good this has being long over due.

From a recent thread about Mailchimp banning some anti-vax customer:

That is correct, they may be privately held but they are de facto public utilities.

Yeah, de facto public utilities.

We really need some sort of law. I guess I'm not a libertarian. Maybe I just understand that if we added this law, the country would go from, not at all free market to still not at all free market.

A few ideas about proposed laws.

1) If you start out as a normal non censoring company, then you become a near monopoly, you can't start censoring.

2) If you aren't explicitly political, no censorship.

6) Any websites that involve important, standard communications = like facebook, twitter, mailchimp, youtube = no censorship.

I'd like to see the Sherman Anti-Trust Act just rip everything apart, which would be separate from this law.

dannno
06-27-2019, 03:55 PM
From a recent thread about a looming anti-trust action against Google:

Ya I wouldn't be too concerned about that happening.

Google was funded by the CIA tho, they are run by US intelligence agencies. So I'm not sure that what you are insinuating is technically correct.

r3volution 3.0
06-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Ya I wouldn't be too concerned about that happening.

Google was funded by the CIA tho, they are run by US intelligence agencies. So I'm not sure that what you are insinuating is technically correct.

r3v: "people are calling for the government to go after tech companies."

dannno: "lies!"

r3v: "here are posts of people calling for the government to go after tech companies."

dannno: "yea, but that's a good thing."

lulz

dannno
06-27-2019, 05:33 PM
r3v: "people are calling for the government to go after tech companies."

dannno: "lies!"

r3v: "here are posts of people calling for the government to go after tech companies."

dannno: "yea, but that's a good thing."

lulz

Ya, see your statements still seem technically incorrect to me. And it's been explained to you why they are technically incorrect several times. Are you just going to keep repeating yourself?

dannno
06-27-2019, 05:35 PM
I guess the question is, do you think google is a "tech company" or do you think it is an arm of the state? Most people here believe it is an arm of the state. It is state funded and state run. So to say that people here want the government to go after a private company doesn't follow, logically.

Even then, I don't see the government taking any action here. Why would they?

I think the bigger issue is to communicate to people that there is a problem so that we can reach a solution, preferably without government intervention, which, like I said, is very unlikely.. but it is more difficult to communicate the problem when people like you and zippy pretend there isn't a problem. But that's why you guys make the big bucks, right?

r3volution 3.0
06-27-2019, 05:56 PM
Ya, see your statements still seem technically incorrect to me. And it's been explained to you why they are technically incorrect several times. Are you just going to keep repeating yourself?

"Technically incorrect" because of baseless claims that they're secretly run by the government, yes, I've heard that one.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 06:04 PM
I guess the question is, do you think google is a "tech company" or do you think it is an arm of the state? Most people here believe it is an arm of the state. It is state funded and state run. So to say that people here want the government to go after a private company doesn't follow, logically.

Even then, I don't see the government taking any action here. Why would they?

I think the bigger issue is to communicate to people that there is a problem so that we can reach a solution, preferably without government intervention, which, like I said, is very unlikely.. but it is more difficult to communicate the problem when people like you and zippy pretend there isn't a problem. But that's why you guys make the big bucks, right?

Google is an arm of all the bankers that own majorty stock in it.
Bankers are the ones that steal from us when they are too big to fail, and when they print up more money for themselves.
The bankers are beholden to the unions, pension funds, and governments that allow them to operate in their countries. In return they buy off politicians and buy themselves immunity from competition.

If it were just Google, perhaps I could be swayed that this is just a company doing what it thinks is best for its bottom line, but since it is every major tech company, I can only come to the conclusion these companies are not working at the behest of adam smiths invisible hand, but at the behest of "their" invisible hand... the globalist multi-national corporatists who want to shut down free speech so they can implement their worldwide control grid.

And that control grid will not have more freedom, less taxes, and less wars. It is a nightmare planned for any who dares resist their forced groupthink, those who dare to question the experts and authority.

When 95% plus of these corporations are espousing and trying to enforce views at best only 50% of the country agreeswith, something stinks.

r3volution 3.0
06-27-2019, 06:15 PM
I think the bigger issue is to communicate to people that there is a problem so that we can reach a solution, preferably without government intervention, which, like I said, is very unlikely..

What's actually happening is (a) mindless class warfare, and (b) mindless partisanship. This is going to end badly, with a much shittier and more heavily policed (by the federal government) internet. And fools like yourself will be cheering it on all the way (i.e. until the Dems take power the next time, and you find that you don't like how they're using the shiny new federal police apparatus you built for them).

UWDude
06-27-2019, 06:31 PM
What's actually happening is (a) mindless class warfare, and (b) mindless partisanship. This is going to end badly, with a much $#@!tier and more heavily policed (by the federal government) internet. And fools like yourself will be cheering it on all the way (i.e. until the Dems take power the next time, and you find that you don't like how they're using the shiny new federal police apparatus you built for them).

or we can impose an internet bill of rights that guarantees freedom of speech and privacy in emails and private messaging., since this is America.
And you are warning of "heavy policing" when we already live in a country where openly supporting trump can get you bullied, fired, you social media account locked and banned, and even loss of your banking accounts and payment pricessing.

It can't get much worse than it is right now. It is literally as bad as the stasi of east germany now.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2019, 06:50 PM
https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/6/27/18761360/donald-trump-twitter-policy-censorship-rules

All you have to do is click on them. Not hard to do.

Twitter won’t censor Trump’s rule-breaking tweets, but it will make them harder to find

Tweets from world leaders that would ordinarily break Twitter’s rules but are kept up because they are considered newsworthy — such as attacks from President Donald Trump — are about to get harder to see.

On Thursday, Twitter announced a new policy that tries to strike a balance on a question that has long vexed the platform: How can it protect free speech rights and ensure citizens can see world leaders’ tweets that are of public interest, while also making Twitter a safer place for dialogue? Those goals can come into sharp conflict when world leaders use Twitter to bully or threaten others.

If it sounds like we’re talking about Donald Trump, it’s because we’re talking about Donald Trump.

Trump’s Twitter provocations have caused critics to call on Twitter to enforce its policies when his tweets violate them, but the company has consistently declined to do that. In September 2017, for instance, Trump tweeted that North Korea “won’t be around much longer!” as tensions escalated and some feared a possible military conflict between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. North Korea’s foreign minister responded at the time by saying Trump’s post was a “clear declaration of war.”

Twitter said back then that it had to hold all accounts, including Trump’s, to the “same rules,” but that “among the considerations is ‘newsworthiness’ and whether a Tweet is of public interest.” Because Trump’s tweets were, in Twitter’s view, of public interest, the company left them online.

But Twitter’s new official policy means a tweet like that should encounter some new regulations, even if not outright removal.

Now, something like this will appear.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/m_QmdTI0mBi0N5pX70NNhRfP_Lg=/0x0:1080x1080/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:1080x1080):format(webp):no_upsca le()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/16681741/publicnotice.png.img.fullhd.medium.png

“There are certain cases where it may be in the public’s interest to have access to certain Tweets, even if they would otherwise be in violation of our rules,” Twitter said in a blog post. “On the rare occasions when this happens, we’ll place a notice — a screen you have to click or tap through before you see the Tweet — to provide additional context and clarity.”

Twitter said this type of notice would only appear on offending content that comes from a government official or political figure who is verified and has more than 100,000 followers, but the policy won’t apply retroactively. These tweets would also be featured less frequently on the platform, Twitter said, and not appear in places like your Notifications or Explore tabs.

And it said that more extreme provocations, such as a direct incitement to violence, would still come down — even if it came from one of these public figures.

Twitter’s decision will inevitably encourage criticism — particularly from the right — that it is silencing speech from a democratically elected president of the United States. Some free-speech advocates have expressed concern with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, arguing (with little hard evidence) that Dorsey and his team have designed the platform with a biased intent to muzzle them.

As of Thursday morning, Trump has yet to weigh in on Twitter’s announcement.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 07:34 PM
"Technically incorrect" because of baseless claims that they're secretly run by the government, yes, I've heard that one.

Not secret at all:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/social-media-is-a-tool-of-the-cia-seriously/

In-Q-Tel

UWDude
06-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Literally thousands of 50,000+ subscriber accounts have been banned in the past 6 months. They were knocking out tons of channels before they tried Alex Jones.

They always start the same.

And they always start with demonetization, or "quarantine" or shadow banning. Minor inconveniences like official corporate warnings that the channel has been known to spread false information.

But it is all for naught. They are trying to change humanity into something it is not.

And it is no surprise this is all happening once a Google Exec for Trust and Safety was caught on video saying they were doing everything they could to stop Trump.
They think they are at war. They think in war, everything is justified.
They are very wrong. They are not at war at all, not even close.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2019, 10:25 AM
These big tech companies are private companies yes, but what they're doing is nothing short of treason by trying to alter public opinion by misrepresenting what people are saying in order to change the government

nikcers
06-28-2019, 12:15 PM
These big tech companies are private companies yes, but what they're doing is nothing short of treason by trying to alter public opinion by misrepresenting what people are saying in order to change the government

When the FCC was asking for public comments on net neutrality the ISPs were commenting on there under other people's names. This is only going to get worse as more public discourse becomes strictly online.

Marenco
06-28-2019, 06:47 PM

But but Russian interference!

UWDude
06-29-2019, 10:05 PM
All you have to do is click on them. Not hard to do.

Next day:

https://i.imgur.com/wi3YWdC.jpg

New Reddit update no longer allows people to "continue"

timosman
06-29-2019, 10:25 PM
Collection experience == Brain washing :tears:

juleswin
06-29-2019, 10:49 PM
https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2019/publicinterest.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-27/twitter-censor-trump-tweets-ahead-2020-election

And still Trump wouldn't consider opening a 2nd account on gab and maybe do a small promotion with his followers on gab. The man is the POTUS, if he goes to gab, Twitter is going to lose a lot of users. I don't even use twitter or gab but if he opens up a gab account, I will join.

With twitter censorship about to hit him, why is the POTUS still not using alternative twitter?

timosman
06-29-2019, 10:51 PM
And still Trump wouldn't consider opening a 2nd account on gab and maybe do a small promotion with his followers on gab. The man is the POTUS, if he goes to gab, Twitter is going to lose a lot of users. I don't even use twitter or gab but if he opens up a gab account, I will join.

With twitter censorship about to hit him, why is the POTUS still not using alternative twitter?

On one condition.

UWDude
06-29-2019, 11:17 PM

Power of polarity I guess. It seems censorship is having the effect of V2 rockets.

Zippyjuan
06-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Next day:

New Reddit update no longer allows people to "continue"

That is Trump's twitter account (the subject of the thread)?