PDA

View Full Version : House Passes $4.5 B Welfare Bill For Non-US Citizens

DamianTV
06-27-2019, 08:18 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/450215-house-passes-45b-border-funding-bill

The House passed a $4.5 billion border funding bill in a 230-195 vote on Tuesday after last-minute changes were made to the legislation to sway progressive and Latino lawmakers who previously weren’t on board.

The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, which aims to provide humanitarian aid and address the flow of migrants, faces a veto threat from the White House and an uphill battle in the upper chamber, which is slated to bring up its own border bill as soon as Tuesday.

An amendment to the just-passed bill, unveiled by the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday morning, added provisions that would require Customs and Border Protection to enact health standards for individuals in custody, including implementing standards for both adults and children for “medical emergencies; nutrition, hygiene, and facilities; and personnel training.”

Language was also added requiring the Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary to submit a plan to ensure translation services are accessible to immigrants, alert Congress when there is insufficient space at state-licensed facilities and place a time limit on the amount of time unaccompanied minors can spend at an influx shelter.

Population Replacement.

Dont bother killing whitey, just replace him by making him an alien in his own land.

PAF
06-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Just keep "funneling" them through the pearly entrance points and "documenting" them into the great government database.

As people on this very forum have said, we must sacrifice liberty in order to achieve liberty, as we go broker paying for it all.

juleswin
06-27-2019, 08:45 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/450215-house-passes-45b-border-funding-bill

Population Replacement.

Dont bother killing whitey, just replace him by making him an alien in his own land.

Trump was going to do something about it but he just destabilized a country south of the border, talked about ending birthright citizenship but did nothing, failed to secure money for the wall until he lost the house. Not saying Trump is all to blame for this but he is not the solution.

PAF
06-27-2019, 08:53 AM
Trump was going to do something about it but he just destabilized a country south of the border, talked about ending birthright citizenship but did nothing, failed to secure money for the wall until he lost the house. Not saying Trump is all to blame for this but he is not the solution.

I blame trump, his political rhetoric, trying to convince people that "government solutions" will solve a government created problem, which when ignored was actually declining.

I blame trump for convincing "republicans" to abandon Private Property Rights, Private Contract Rights, trying to build a tax payer Wall which "funnels" people in, in order to "document" them with the Fed.gov.

I blame trump for convincing people that we need "bigger" government, more government employees, ICE, DHS, and other anti-liberty agencies to "enforce" it all.

I blame trump for continuing where Obama failed, when republicans actually fought back against the above.

Mostly, I blame people who support trump and his efforts, because, well, they have sh|t for brains.

jkr
06-27-2019, 11:06 AM
GOOD THING THERE ARE NO TENT CITIES WITH 100MM+ UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS POPPING UP...oh wait

now i see them...and they are everywhere.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Just keep "funneling" them through the pearly entrance points and "documenting" them into the great government database.

As people on this very forum have said, we must sacrifice liberty in order to achieve liberty, as we go broker paying for it all.

I never said that.

I never have been in favor of that.

I have been in favor of bringing the troops home, and using them to defend the border of the Republic, which is exactly Ron Paul's position.

I have been in favor of, once having done that, make it very clear: "You are warned. Fuck off, all of you, right back to where you came from. Advance another step further and you will get shot."

This is Fifth Generation warfare, we are being invaded, where the invaders use nothing more than our own western, "Christian" virtues of charity and empathy and pity combined with their own miserable situation, against us, more effectively than any guns, tanks or bombs ever could be.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Population Replacement.

Genocide.

Wait until they gain political power much greater than what they already have in California.

Anti Globalist
06-27-2019, 12:42 PM
How many Republicans in the House voted for this?

PAF
06-27-2019, 12:53 PM
You
I never said that.

I never have been in favor of that.

I have been in favor of bringing the troops home, and using them to defend the border of the Republic, which is exactly Ron Paul's position.

I have been in favor of, once having done that, make it very clear: "You are warned. $#@! off, all of you, right back to where you came from. Advance another step further and you will get shot."

This is Fifth Generation warfare, we are being invaded, where the invaders use nothing more than our own western, "Christian" virtues of charity and empathy and pity combined with their own miserable situation, against us, more effectively than any guns, tanks or bombs ever could be.

SMGDH

You are sounding exactly like the government propagandist. Government creates the problem, government tells you that it cares about you and your freedom and wants to fix the problem, only to find out down the road that government has always and will continue to make the problem worse. All while making you blame everybody else other than the government and making you a hateful person to boot.

It is not immigrants who are transforming this country, it is the very Americans who are doing it themselves. People just can’t seem to learn - 1913, 1945, 1953, 1971, 1980, 2001 - or now.

This country is officially finished. Welcome to the new world order where individualism and Natural Rights are reserved only for “certain” individuals.

I knew this “republican” NY libtard would seal the deal, even prior to the national election.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 12:59 PM

This is exactly how Bin Laden said they would do it.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2019, 01:12 PM
How many Republicans in the House voted for this?

The Republican Senate has already passed a similar bill- now the two need to be reconciled and voted on again.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/26/736337435/senate-passes-4-6-billion-emergency-border-funding-bill-signalling-battle-with-h

Senate Passes $4.6 Billion Emergency Border Funding Bill Signalling Battle With House

The Republican-led Senate passed its own version of an emergency aid measure, approving a $4.6 billion package to pay some of the costs of the surge of migrants crossing the southern border.

The vote Wednesday came minutes after the Senate handily rejected the Democratic-led House's $4.5 billion bill passed Tuesday night, signalling what will likely be a contentious battle between the two chambers to reconcile the bills.

The work has taken on new urgency following reports from lawyers who visited facilities where unaccompanied children have been detained. The observers say they found sick, hungry children, who had not been given the means to wash themselves. The lawyers also said some older children were assigned to take care of younger ones who are not their relatives.

CBP has denied the conditions are that dire, but it did move some of the children out of a facility in Clint, Texas, over the past few days.

The Senate bill, which passed 84-8, includes funding for the Department of Defense and additional money for Immigration and Customs Enforcement that is not included in the House bill.

House bill passed 230-195.

AngryCanadian
06-27-2019, 01:58 PM
The Republican Senate has already passed a similar bill- now the two need to be reconciled and voted on again.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/26/736337435/senate-passes-4-6-billion-emergency-border-funding-bill-signalling-battle-with-h

House bill passed 230-195.

Passed by 230 mostly liberals who love open borders and while they live off gated communities.

juleswin
06-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Passed by 230 mostly liberals who love open borders and while they live off gated communities.

The republican controlled senate also passed it

juleswin
06-27-2019, 02:08 PM
Hate to say it to some of you true believers but if you want to slow the flow of immigration, you don't just build wall but you also stop destabilizing your neighbours. Gonna watch and see if Trump will try to veto this bill.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 02:19 PM
SMGDH

You are sounding exactly like the government propagandist. Government creates the problem, government tells you that it cares about you and your freedom and wants to fix the problem, only to find out down the road that government has always and will continue to make the problem worse. All while making you blame everybody else other than the government and making you a hateful person to boot.

It is not immigrants who are transforming this country, it is the very Americans who are doing it themselves. People just can’t seem to learn - 1913, 1945, 1953, 1971, 1980, 2001 - or now.

This country is officially finished. Welcome to the new world order where individualism and Natural Rights are reserved only for “certain” individuals.

I knew this “republican” NY libtard would seal the deal, even prior to the national election.

Ron Paul is a government propagandist?

Why was I not informed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4XOJcrhT4

This country is officially finished.

Let 100 million invaders settle in, and yeah, sure as hell is...probably is anyways.

and making you a hateful person to boot.

I reject that nonsensical cant and weak, modern "Christian" based notions of charity and brotherhood.

Rising up to defend my home and family and nation from an invasion is not "hate".

Before the poison of those ideals was injected into the body politic, it was what a normal, red blooded man was expected to do.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 02:20 PM
This is exactly how Bin Laden said they would do it.

Yup, that he did.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Hate to say it to some of you true believers but if you want to slow the flow of immigration, you don't just build wall but you also stop destabilizing your neighbours.

I am in full agreement.

PAF
06-27-2019, 04:59 PM
Ron Paul is a government propagandist?

Why was I not informed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4XOJcrhT4

Let 100 million invaders settle in, and yeah, sure as hell is...probably is anyways.

I reject that nonsensical cant and weak, modern "Christian" based notions of charity and brotherhood.

Rising up to defend my home and family and nation from an invasion is not "hate".

Before the poison of those ideals was injected into the body politic, it was what a normal, red blooded man was expected to do.

Yes, I got that political ad, back when most Americans were blood thirsty and Ron was trying not to alienate the voter base. I was on that campaign trail.

You cite a couple/few old political ads from a decade ago, but reject Ron recently taking the gloves off, fully explaining his position time and time again. There are multiples of articles and news clips where Ron stated we do not need a wall, and the only answer is to shut off the free money spigot. Which nobody wants to do.

I am sick and tired of the spin in defense of this corrupt government which directly causes the problems, and the only acceptable solution people cheer and applaud for are bigger more intrusive government “solutions”.

No, it was no surprise to me that once trump managed to blow this whole thing way out of proportion - $4.5 Billion stamped and approved. But, carry on, “Anti-Fed”.

twomp
06-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Trump vetos a bill that would force him to stop supporting his masters in Saudi Arabia but he won't veto this bill.

Swordsmyth
06-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Trump vetos a bill that would force him to stop supporting his masters in Saudi Arabia but he won't veto this bill.
This article says it's veto proof:

The House passed the bill by a 305-102 vote…The Senate overwhelmingly passed the measure (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-passes-separate-version-emergency-border-funding-bill-n1022246)
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaking-president-trump-defeats-nancy-in-border-bill-battle/

twomp
06-27-2019, 05:47 PM
This article says it's veto proof:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaking-president-trump-defeats-nancy-in-border-bill-battle/

Indeed it does. Are you implying that he is against the bill?

Swordsmyth
06-27-2019, 05:54 PM
Indeed it does. Are you implying that he is against the bill?
I'm saying we don't know whether he would veto it if it weren't veto proof, you were the one who declared what he would do for sure.

twomp
06-27-2019, 06:02 PM
I'm saying we don't know whether he would veto it if it weren't veto proof, you were the one who declared what he would do for sure.

It's veto proof, it doesn't mean he can't veto it and force the Senate to override his veto as other presidents have done.

Swordsmyth
06-27-2019, 06:03 PM
It's veto proof, it doesn't mean he can't veto it and force the Senate to override his veto as other presidents have done.
He doesn't do that, it may or may not be the right political move but it doesn't tell us whether he would veto it if it wasn't veto proof or not.

twomp
06-27-2019, 06:05 PM
He doesn't do that, it may or may not be the right political move but it doesn't tell us whether he would veto it if it wasn't veto proof or not.

He isn't going to veto it. Sorry to disappoint you.

Swordsmyth
06-27-2019, 06:16 PM
He isn't going to veto it. Sorry to disappoint you.
It's veto proof, so he won't.

twomp
06-27-2019, 06:19 PM
It's veto proof, so he won't.

He can veto it but he won't. End of story.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2019, 06:40 PM

He seems to like it.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2019, 08:56 PM
Yes, I got that political ad, back when most Americans were blood thirsty and Ron was trying not to alienate the voter base. I was on that campaign trail.

You cite a couple/few old political ads from a decade ago, but reject Ron recently taking the gloves off, fully explaining his position time and time again. There are multiples of articles and news clips where Ron stated we do not need a wall, and the only answer is to shut off the free money spigot. Which nobody wants to do.

I am sick and tired of the spin in defense of this corrupt government which directly causes the problems, and the only acceptable solution people cheer and applaud for are bigger more intrusive government “solutions”.

No, it was no surprise to me that once trump managed to blow this whole thing way out of proportion - $4.5 Billion stamped and approved. But, carry on, “Anti-Fed”.

So, Ron changed his mind...fair enough.

I've changed mine.

But are you suggesting he was nothing but a government propagandist in 2008?

Which nobody wants to do

Where have I ever said I was not in favor of eliminating handouts?

UWDude
06-27-2019, 09:24 PM
Hate to say it to some of you true believers but if you want to slow the flow of immigration, you don't just build wall but you also stop destabilizing your neighbours. Gonna watch and see if Trump will try to veto this bill.

If Gabbard hammers foreign policy every chance she can get, I will get behind her.
If she makes it the core of her platform, I am with her.

juleswin
06-27-2019, 09:36 PM
If Gabbard hammers foreign policy every chance she can get, I will get behind her.
If she makes it the core of her platform, I am with her.

Tulsi is a confusing lady, she is against regime change wars but fully supports the war on terrorism. She can hammer her non interventionist foreign policy all day but how do you know she would not renege on those promises when she gets into office?

I am going to try and vote for one of the candidates next election and I am not very impressed with what I am seeing. Regardless, it's Yang and Tulsi right now but I am doing this knowing that they could easily flip and govern like the Obamas and Trumps of this world

DamianTV
06-27-2019, 09:40 PM
Is it just me, or is the number specifically what Trump asked for to build the "wall"? I swear they are just rubbing it in his face. Nope, no wall, no fence, but, we will take that same money you wanted and give it to the fucking illegals instead!

Pauls' Revere
06-27-2019, 09:41 PM

and neither is/are the Dem's or GOP. Nobody stepped up on this.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Tulsi is a confusing lady, she is against regime change wars but fully supports the war on terrorism. She can hammer her non interventionist foreign policy all day but how do you know she would not renege on those promises when she gets into office?

She'll be more beholden to her foreign policy policies if she makes them her primary focus.

And it would depend on the debates with Trump. If she continued to hammer foreign policy, she could win.
It's a big hypothetical. Even if she lost, the debates would be worth it.
My whole life, I have never seen a election that talked about foreign policy as if nuclear war is the world's biggest threat (it is, by far).

If she turned, I'd be disappointed, but not surprised.

juleswin
06-27-2019, 10:22 PM
She'll be more beholden to her foreign policy policies if she makes them her primary focus.

And it would depend on the debates with Trump. If she continued to hammer foreign policy, she could win.
It's a big hypothetical. Even if she lost, the debates would be worth it.
My whole life, I have never seen a election that talked about foreign policy as if nuclear war is the world's biggest threat (it is, by far).

If she turned, I'd be disappointed, but not surprised.

I would say this, if she makes non interventionist foreign policy the main point of her campaign, secure the nomination over Bernie and Biden, I will give her a chance and vote for her. Btw, Trump made reducing illegal immigration a focal point of his campaign and he is about to sign a bill to increases funding for the housing and welfare of illegal immigrants in the US.

juleswin
06-27-2019, 10:23 PM
and neither is/are the Dem's or GOP. Nobody stepped up on this.

The democrats support what is going on, they did not run on reducing illegal immigration, Trump on the other hand. The dems already stepped up to get this bill passed, its the GOP/Trump who needs to act instead letting the dems walk all over them

Stanleybolten
06-27-2019, 10:48 PM

Trump isn't a dictator. Just because Trump got elected doesn't mean the corruption in our federal courts will disappear despite the qanon fantasies that corruption will be dissolved by Trump inside our federal system. We elected one President who doesn't want to be a puppet President like all of the others (Bushes, Clintons, Obamas), however we still have a corrupt federal judiciary and corruption within Congress.

Federal judges are appointed for life, they cannot be taken out of office without impeachment or voluntary resignation. Corrupt federal judges then appoint corrupt staff. Then there are corrupt US marshals and corrupt FBI and corrupt Department of Justice people. Federal buildings are protected by DOJ thugs. So the DOJ can essentially interfere with the federal courts if they wanted to and if they were that dirty since the U.S. Attorney and U.S. marshals both work for the same corrupt agency. I swear to god, these agencies need to be split apart, we do not need some big oligarch agency called the US DOJ. We need separation of powers for the Department of Justice.

Anyways back to my point, The President is not a dictator. We thought getting him in would stop the Deep State, would stop the police state, and would make our country worthy of the American flag and worthy of respect. Instead the federal courts have gotten more corrupt, more naked and brazen with their tyranny. The FBI and DOJ have gotten worse since Trump tried to fight the deep state. Anybody who attempts to fight the deep state legally is thrown in federal prison or jail or murdered. We are losing our freedom of speech and freedom of press with these government sanctioned retaliations. So President Trump is essentially powerless against corrupt federal agencies and a corrupt Congress.

Did you know Trump cannot fire all federal employees because of the Merit Based System is how our federal government employs people to work, they do not have a patronage based system. So if corrupt people manage to get in all levels of government, than we are screwed because our sitting President cannot just simply fire them all because of the protection by the workers unions and the Merit Based Systems Protection Board. The Deep State can screw children, throw innocent people in prison, plant child porn, make up lies, false/phony investigations, malicious prosecutions, retaliation against anybody speaking up, and government employees can do whatever they please unless they step on a higher up employees toes. So if somebody higher up gets pissed off, then the lower down corrupt employee is fired. It is a chain of government corruption and terror.

eleganz
06-27-2019, 10:51 PM

I am going to try and vote for one of the candidates next election and I am not very impressed with what I am seeing. Regardless, it's Yang and Tulsi right now but I am doing this knowing that they could easily flip and govern like the Obamas and Trumps of this world

You should already know it doesn't matter who gets into office with what degree of anti-war position, its about getting someone in there who really means to be anti-war and dealing with the cards they're given, to the best of their ability. The deep state and mic WILL lie to the president and fake intelligence to get their way.

We all know this already, why even pretend to be concerned if a potential anti-war candidate flips in office?

Once everything is in motion, the media frenzy has begun and the people are demanding action be taken to spare those "poor ashy children", its almost out of the presidents hand and that is almost certainly why Trump shot missiles at an empty building at the beginning of his term.

Fake Disaster + MSM + Ratings + Emotional Americans = Action

Inaction = cowardess = low approval ratings = no re-election to do act on the good intentions you originally started with

They get all the presidents this way.

UWDude
06-27-2019, 11:25 PM
You should already know it doesn't matter who gets into office with what degree of anti-war position, its about getting someone in there who really means to be anti-war and dealing with the cards they're given, to the best of their ability. The deep state and mic WILL lie to the president and fake intelligence to get their way.

We all know this already, why even pretend to be concerned if a potential anti-war candidate flips in office?

Once everything is in motion, the media frenzy has begun and the people are demanding action be taken to spare those "poor ashy children", its almost out of the presidents hand and that is almost certainly why Trump shot missiles at an empty building at the beginning of his term.

Fake Disaster + MSM + Ratings + Emotional Americans = Action

Inaction = cowardess = low approval ratings = no re-election to do act on the good intentions you originally started with

They get all the presidents this way.

Black pill stone cold truth.

Remember when Georgie choked on a pretzel? Georgie got beat up, just like Bernie did the night before he endorsed Hillary.

Pauls' Revere
06-28-2019, 11:59 PM
The democrats support what is going on, they did not run on reducing illegal immigration, Trump on the other hand. The dems already stepped up to get this bill passed, its the GOP/Trump who needs to act instead letting the dems walk all over them

The dems support what is going on,...

Division among the nation ,way to go. Divide and conquer, I get it.

Privileged v/s unprivileged, after all we must ALL be equal in the eyes of government.

Pauls' Revere
06-29-2019, 12:12 AM
Awesome...bring it down. ?where's the gop?

nikcers
06-29-2019, 12:53 AM
Sen. Paul Champions Fiscally Conservative Solutions on the Senate Floor - June 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CZCMPAxB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CZCMPAxB8

Zippyjuan
06-29-2019, 11:41 AM
The dems support what is going on,...

Division among the nation ,way to go. Divide and conquer, I get it.

Privileged v/s unprivileged, after all we must ALL be equal in the eyes of government.

The House Democrats gave up on their own version of the bill so the one passed was the one put together by Senate Republicans.