PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul doesn't even know me...

john_anderson_ii
12-14-2007, 03:22 AM
He has never met me, nor my sons and daughters, nor my wife. Though nearly every visible object I own bears his name, he wouldn't recognize me by my face, or hair and eye color. He hasn't the faintest clue that I exist. Yet how many times has Dr. Paul stood alone on the House floor, and adamantly refused to give once inch of ground where my rights are concerned? When I was playing XBox and generally living my life, who was being singled out and ridiculed for defending my American Dream? Who among our political representatives has held my interests at heart while I simply lived in the moment?

No more. No more.

This December 16th, Ron's frail 72 year old form will no longer stand alone. He will no longer need to shoulder the burden of one man, against a well entrenched but flawed philosophy. He will no longer have to bear the burden of ridicule and dismissal. I for one, will share it with him. On this upcoming day, its time for all us who benefited from his diligence in the past years to make good. The debts are due, and it's time to literally pay the piper.

My children will suffer a slimmer Christmas and I may not have the funds to give a Christmas as I would like. However, after the hardship, I will know that I have done the right thing. I, and my family, will know that we stood on the side of liberty, and helped to carry it's burden. It may turn out to be the best Christmas I can offer my children.

Give on the 16th, and give until it hurts. Don't think for a moment that Ron's reputation was easily won. He did it for you. Stand with him.

jonahtrainer
12-14-2007, 03:36 AM
He has never met me, nor my sons and daughters, nor my wife. Though nearly every visible object I own bears his name, he wouldn't recognize me by my face, or hair and eye color. He hasn't the faintest clue that I exist. Yet how many times has Dr. Paul stood alone on the House floor, and adamantly refused to give once inch of ground where my rights are concerned? When I was playing XBox and generally living my life, who was being singled out and ridiculed for defending my American Dream? Who among our political representatives has held my interests at heart while I simply lived in the moment?

No more. No more.

This December 16th, Ron's frail 72 year old form will no longer stand alone. He will no longer need to shoulder the burden of one man, against a well entrenched but flawed philosophy. He will no longer have to bear the burden of ridicule and dismissal. I for one, will share it with him. On this upcoming day, its time for all us who benefited from his diligence in the past years to make good. The debts are due, and it's time to literally pay the piper.

My children will suffer a slimmer Christmas and I may not have the funds to give a Christmas as I would like. However, after the hardship, I will know that I have done the right thing. I, and my family, will know that we stood on the side of liberty, and helped to carry it's burden. It may turn out to be the best Christmas I can offer my children.

Give on the 16th, and give until it hurts. Don't think for a moment that Ron's reputation was easily won. He did it for you. Stand with him.

This is from my site for a Congressional seat:

But eventually after ‘a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations’ which upset enough people on July 4, 1776 the Declaration of Independence proclaimed to all the world and the People did ‘mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor’ that man would be what they were born to be: ‘FREE AND INDEPENDENT.’

Welcome to fight good brother!

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Nice. :)

idiom
12-14-2007, 04:02 AM
Well said.

disciple
12-14-2007, 05:19 AM
So true.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Very nice :) [/shakes hand]

disciple
12-14-2007, 05:46 AM
Those are moving words and thoughts that need to be shared and spread far and wide on a youtube video.

Forefall
12-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Wow.

constituent
12-14-2007, 06:48 AM
ty.

+1000

Voice
12-14-2007, 06:49 AM
to victory!

OV 101 Enterprise
12-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Excellent. Do you mind if I copy this and email to all of my friends and family?

defcreative
12-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Such a true and heartfelt message.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Respect.

austin356
12-14-2007, 06:53 AM
+1000

hellah10
12-14-2007, 07:05 AM
i can picture that being said at rally...

solid stuff! from the heart... love it

MRoCkEd
12-14-2007, 07:19 AM
donate

Mark
12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
nice piece

Janet0116
12-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh wow, that made me tear up. Very powerful... let's spread this one out there!

constitutional
12-14-2007, 07:47 AM
amen brother... amen.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

dshields
12-14-2007, 07:49 AM
From Complacency, to Awareness, to Action!

Great Words!

Dave

voytechs
12-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Sell said.

Brutus
12-14-2007, 09:09 AM
That was very good.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
That needs to be made into radio and television ads. Seriously! It would have to be reworked for certain situations, but it is messages like that which need need to be spread. RADIO AND TV. My lord, even small adds distributed in newspapers just to get peoples minds working.

john_anderson_ii
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Excellent. Do you mind if I copy this and email to all of my friends and family?

Not at all. Copy/alter/adapt/whatever it anywhere you think it might help get this man elected.

mavtek
12-14-2007, 12:01 PM
It's ON!

jake
12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
great post.. How many will max out on Sunday? ... :)

john_anderson_ii
12-14-2007, 12:29 PM
This is from my site for a Congressional seat:

Welcome to fight good brother!

Do you have a URL for that site?

Liberty Star
12-14-2007, 12:33 PM

No more. No more.

It's our revolution, he is just part of it as he says :)

Tea Party Revolt on Dec 16 to take America back.

Politicallore
12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
John, You my friend are an inspiration...

RonPaulJunkie
12-14-2007, 12:37 PM
We stand with you, we hurt with you. For freedom!

pennycat
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I copied this to our Meetup group. Gotten several really touching responses. Suggest others repost this as well. Might be a good reminder to others.

parke
12-14-2007, 02:16 PM
*very nice*

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM

No more. No more.

Thanks for the inspirational post!

We all need to give until it hurts on the 16th! Also, right now we need to be asking everyone we know to donate and spreading the word online to those we don't know!

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
ahhh now this is the type of threads I like! we need more of these threads that bring our common intrests into light! Go Ron Paul!

mport1
12-14-2007, 02:42 PM

No more. No more.

Powerful stuff. Mind if I repost it some places citing you?

john_anderson_ii
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Powerful stuff. Mind if I repost it some places citing you?

Go for it.

Kingfisher
12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Great!!!

webber53
12-14-2007, 03:31 PM

No more. No more.

Shoulder to Shoulder.
Hold the Line! Hold the line!

Hurricane Bruiser
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
We will hold the line for Liberty. Excellent.

american.swan
12-14-2007, 03:39 PM
John, You my friend are an inspiration...

The prose that started this thread are the kind of thing I think was used to hold together the few revolutionaries in the 1770's when like now, the vast majority didn't 'care' about independence all that much from the crown. It's prose like the start of this thread that makes critics shut up for a few hours at least while they contemplate life as the original revolution intended for us to have it.

mport1
12-15-2007, 01:52 PM
blimp

john_anderson_ii
12-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Remember what we are donating for, and what it is accomplishing for people we don't even know or have never met. Break out your address book and start calling around and selling the message first thing in the morning! That's my plan. :)

sharedvoice
12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
for Liberty!