PDA

View Full Version : Drag Queen Story Hour: ‘Love your family no matter what’

Origanalist
06-19-2019, 07:52 PM
I really, really want to puke. This is east of the mountains, not on the coast. Granted it's a college town, but still.

Dressed in glittery makeup and a Cookie Monster-themed dress, drag queen Katie Rockswell sat in front of a group of children and their parents, reading aloud the book “A Family Is a Family Is a Family.”

One of the audience members, 13-year-old Shannon Daily, who identifies as gay, later summed up the book’s moral: “Love your family no matter what.”

The Spokane Public Library on the South Hill hosted a Drag Queen Story Hour on Saturday for about 50 children and their families, but dozens of children were turned away because the reading room filled up.

Outside, on the library’s lawn and sidewalk, about 400 gay-rights activists stood in support of the library, while across South Perry Street, about 200 protesters held signs and voiced their opposition, several speaking through megaphones.

About 40 police officers surveyed the crowds, and police arrested one protester for repeatedly trying to enter the nondesignated protesting area, said Sgt. Terry Preuniger of the Spokane Police Department. Besides that, he said, the event went smoothly.

From looking at online conversations, police expected to see people armed on both sides, which resulted in a strong police presence on Saturday, he said, but no civilians showed up openly carrying guns.

During the book reading, kids sang, cheered and laughed while Rockswell and another drag queen, Tirrany Hex, read the books. The story time event lasted for about half an hour.

“It went really well,” said Rockswell. “I think the parents were more excited than the kids.”

“Drag queens are frickin’ awesome,” said Pamela Moye, who brought her two children to the book reading specifically for the drag-queen element. “Their makeup is better than mine. I go to drag shows all the time, but I can’t bring my kids.”

Moye explained the protesters to her children by saying they don’t think people should love the same sex. Her kids replied: “That’s not right,” she said.

Standing shyly next to Moye, her daughter Madison, 5, said she liked the balloons and the candy, as she held open her palm to reveal a grape Nerds box.

Daily’s parents brought her and her brother Sean Daily, 6, who chose to wear a dress to the event after learning about the Drag Queen Story Hour and the people who opposed it.

“He has love for everybody,” said Justine Daily, Sean and Shannon’s mom. Her husband, Goff Daily, said he explains the protesters to their children by saying they come from a place of misunderstanding and fear.

“If Jesus was around today, he would be on this side,” he said.

Across South Perry Street, Tina Humphries stood with the protesters: It was the first time that she has publicly protested.

“I’m tired of (their ideas) being shoved down our throats all the time,” she said. “I’m tired of public facilities being used to further the agenda of the far left,” and that includes the downtown library using resources for homeless people.

Humphries, who has four children, said she is raising them heterosexual: “If you’re a boy, you don’t wear a dress,” she said.

The protest was hosted by Anna Bohach, who leads a Facebook group called 500 Mom Strong. In Bohach’s op-ed published in The Spokesman-Review on Friday, she said drag queens support a toxic environment that demeans woman.

“They had way more (supporters) than we did, which I expected, but it went really well,” Bohach said.

(Ok, are you ready for this?)
“The police presence was a little ridiculous. They had snipers on the roofs. They wouldn’t allow us into the library.”

continued...https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jun/15/spokane-public-library-hosts-drag-queens-to-read-t/

Origanalist
06-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Snipers on the roofs...

Origanalist
06-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Snipers...

Origanalist
06-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Snipers....

AngryCanadian
06-19-2019, 08:28 PM
13-year-old Shannon Daily, who identifies as gay, later summed up the book’s moral: “Love your family no matter what.”

This is nothing more then child abuse, child grooming and destroying children's childhood.:brokenheart:

Anti Federalist
06-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Snipers....

Tolerance and Pride in 2025 = "I'm gonna sodomize your 8 year old son, and armed government goons are gonna make sure you don't interfere, you hateful, bigoted, ageist, pedophobe you! Who are you to judge? Jesus himself would love us!"

Anti Federalist
06-19-2019, 08:38 PM
This is nothing more then child abuse, child grooming and destroying children's childhood.:brokenheart:

Course it is.

The weirdosexuals know they are genetic dead ends, so they gotta recruit new perverts somewhere...usually they prefer the captive audiences in the government indoctrination centers, but hell, a library will be just as good.

Also softens the kids up, so to speak, for what's coming next, the normalization of pre-pubescent sodomy.

Origanalist
06-19-2019, 08:39 PM

And their adulthood, unless they recover.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2019, 08:47 PM
“If Jesus was around today, he would be on this side,” he said.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

First Corinthians 6:9-10

enhanced_deficit
06-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Dressed in glittery makeup and a Cookie Monster-themed dress, drag queen Katie Rockswell sat in front of a group of children and their parents, reading aloud the book “A Family Is a Family Is a Family.”

Such inclusion and diversity milestones would not have been possible without Don Jr, Don Sr and his top donor Adelson's bold leadership and initiatives like global pro LGBTQ campaign.
Gutsy moves like these enabled MAGA to bring traditional GOP Christians out of DOMA stone age by changing the party from inside. NY Liberals/Dems etc who had in the past tried to change GOP from outside did not even come close to the huge success MAGA team has achieved on LGBTQ civil rights front.

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535185-Trump-is-selling-‘LGBTQ-for-Trump’-T-shirts-for-Gay-Pride-month&)https://images.forwardcdn.com/image/1300x/center/images/cropped/screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-201019-1474480105.png

Trump top donor Sheldon Adelson-Funded Paper Israel Hayom Prints Gay Dad Ad

AngryCanadian
06-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Such inclusion and diversity milestones would not have been possible without Don Jr, Don Sr and his top donor Adelson's bold leadership and initiatives like global pro LGBTQ campaign.
Gutsy moves like these enabled MAGA to bring traditional GOP Christians out of DOMA stone age by changing the party from inside. NY Liberals/Dems etc who had in the past tried to change GOP from outside did not even come close to the huge success MAGA team has achieved on LGBTQ civil rights front.

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535185-Trump-is-selling-‘LGBTQ-for-Trump’-T-shirts-for-Gay-Pride-month&)https://images.forwardcdn.com/image/1300x/center/images/cropped/screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-201019-1474480105.png

Trump top donor Sheldon Adelson-Funded Paper Israel Hayom Prints Gay Dad Ad

Ironical the same Sheldon Adelson who wants Draftkings, FanDuel Fantasy Sports sites banned because the dude hates competition for his own loot boxes sites.

Swordsmyth
06-19-2019, 10:28 PM
Controversial ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ events, which have been known to give convicted child sex predators intimate access to children (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/child-sex-offender-transgender-prostitute-grooms-kids-at-drag-queen-story-hour/), started in public libraries but are now moving into churches as well.
The Cincinnati Enquirer issued a gushing profile (https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/06/18/ohio-church-holds-drag-queen-storytime-during-service/1487171001/?fbclid=IwAR0mc4avh_taSlWFzhtwoN_OjboXhoOczbnKzWq2 UZoeJqGYvjQnt0Oyor0) on Mount Auburn Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati, OH for allowing a bedazzled drag queen who goes by the alias Sparkle Leigh to groom children and read them pro-LGBT propaganda.
Church caretaker Dan Davidson transformed into this character to read a book lionizing Harvey Milk, the former San Francisco Mayor who was known to prey on teenage boys (https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/23755-navy-ship-to-be-named-after-pederastic-rapist-harvey-milk), in a religious setting to onlookers. It is apart of their celebration of Pride month, as the church openly revels in Biblical sin.
“I’m excited just to be able to point to diversity and help kids not be afraid of people that are different but to embrace them and be able to learn from them and find out more about them,” Davidson said.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/first-libraries-now-christian-churches-are-being-infiltrated-by-drag-queen-story-hour/

jmdrake
06-20-2019, 05:56 AM
I love my family no matter what. I don't condone everything anyone in my family has done. I don't even condone everything I've ever done.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2019, 06:46 AM
I love my family no matter what. I don't condone everything anyone in my family has done. I don't even condone everything I've ever done.

Then you are an intolerant bigot.

jmdrake
06-20-2019, 06:52 AM
*delete*

Danke
06-20-2019, 09:20 AM
"From looking at online conversations, police expected to see people armed on both sides, which resulted in a strong police presence on Saturday, he said, but no civilians showed up openly carrying guns."

I thought there were police snipers?

enhanced_deficit
06-20-2019, 09:45 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/ad/3e/44ad3e99e76edaf10427502c69437da9.jpg

Ironical the same Sheldon Adelson who wants Draftkings, FanDuel Fantasy Sports sites banned because the dude hates competition for his own loot boxes sites.

Extremist conservative Coulter had taken on MAGA's top donor:

Ann Coulter attacks Adelson on immigration and banning online gambling (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449311-Ann-Coulter-attacks-Adelson-on-immigration-and-banning-online-gambling&)

But then she damaged her brand by calling MAGA 'a scam Presidency'.

dannno
06-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Moye explained the protesters to her children by saying they don’t think people should love the same sex. Her kids replied: “That’s not right,” she said.

So much wrong with this quote.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2019, 10:26 AM
“A Family Is a Family Is a Family.”

A dog is a cat is a mongoose is a yard tractor.

Suzanimal
06-20-2019, 10:50 AM
So much wrong with this quote.

So much wrong with this whole event. o_O

Anti Globalist
06-20-2019, 11:56 AM
I'm gonna love my family no matter what through thick and thin.

Marenco
06-20-2019, 05:17 PM
https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--_RT5pSVV--/t_Preview/b_rgb:191919,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1558168397/production/designs/4870323_0.jpg

Origanalist
06-20-2019, 06:10 PM
"From looking at online conversations, police expected to see people armed on both sides, which resulted in a strong police presence on Saturday, he said, but no civilians showed up openly carrying guns."

I thought there were police snipers?

They don't consider themselves civilians anymore, didn't you know there is a war on cops?

AngryCanadian
06-20-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm gonna love my family no matter what through thick and thin.
My family told me to homeschool my future children i have respects for them as long as the educator is not an insane nutcase.

donnay
06-21-2019, 05:38 AM
This type indoctrination is pure evil.

RJB
06-21-2019, 06:14 AM
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

First Corinthians 6:9-10

I wonder when we'll have a pride month for the rest of those? July will be thieves pride month. August will be fornicators pride month...

Anti Federalist
06-21-2019, 07:59 AM
I wonder when we'll have a pride month for the rest of those? July will be thieves pride month. August will be fornicators pride month...

No kidding...pffft..."pride".