PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cotton is a maniac

Brian4Liberty
06-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Tom Cotton is a maniac (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/tom-cotton-is-a-maniac)
by Jack Hunter | June 17, 2019

When Japanese and Norwegian oil tankers were reportedly attacked in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, Republican foreign policy hawks eager for any excuse to start another war were champing at the bit to attack Iran.

Naturally, leading the pack was Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.

The U.S. should launch a “retaliatory strike” on Iran, Cotton said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” Sunday, that would unleash “the fire and the fury of the military.”

This stance is not new for the Iraq War veteran. Cotton has wanted war with Iran (and everyone else) since he became a senator in 2015.

He’s uncautiously optimistic: How long would it take to win a war with Iran? Just a few days, Cotton said in 2015. On PBS’ “Firing Line” in May, host Margaret Hoover asked Cotton, “Could we win a war with Iran?”

“Yes,” he replied immediately.

“That didn’t take you a second,” she replied.

“Two strikes,” responded Cotton. “The first strike and the last strike,” is all it would take to win, the senator insisted.

That’s pretty confident.

Iran is three times the size of Iraq. Obviously, if Cotton will recall since he was there, the conflict we started with the invasion of Iraq in 2003 took more than a few days to wrap up.
More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/tom-cotton-is-a-maniac

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-18-2019, 03:31 PM
If it weren't for Russia, Iran would be ground zero a decade ago

devil21
06-18-2019, 03:43 PM
He's always been a neocon AIPAC plant. And he was elected as a Tea Party candidate :rolleyes:

juleswin
06-18-2019, 03:45 PM
He's always been a neocon AIPAC plant. And he was elected as a Tea Party candidate :rolleyes:

Look at the positives and not just a negatives with foreign policy. Neocon or not, his contributions to our govt has been a net positive for liberty.

Anti Globalist
06-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Of course hes a maniac. Tom Cotton is one of the biggest neocons out there.

devil21
06-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Look at the positives and not just a negatives with foreign policy. Neocon or not, his contributions to our govt has been a net positive for liberty.

Are you feeling ok, juleswin?

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Are you feeling ok, juleswin?

Jules is fine. One of two things... He is being sarcastic, or he has stopped listening to all the bullshit and started looking at everything from his own objective common sense perspective as an individual. If it's the later is he fired? because he is viewing the situation as an objective independent individual?

devil21
06-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Jules is fine. One of two things... He is being sarcastic, or he has stopped listening to all the bullshit and started looking at everything from his own objective common sense perspective as an individual. If it's the later is he fired? because he is viewing the situation as an objective independent individual?

No one asked your opinion, thanks.

Stratovarious
06-18-2019, 07:46 PM
Jules is fine. One of two things... He is being sarcastic, or he has stopped listening to all the bull$#@! and started looking at everything from his own objective common sense perspective as an individual. If it's the later is he fired? because he is viewing the situation as an objective independent individual?

I would go with idiot , it just fits him better.... :shrugs:

Brian4Liberty
06-18-2019, 07:52 PM

Of course hes a maniac. Tom Cotton is one of the biggest neocons out there.

Bill Kristol’s boy from day one. Kristol recruited him to run. Funny how the teocons turn into simple neocons.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?470670-Tom-Cotton-stated-publicly-quot-Our-policy-must-be-clear-regime-change-in-Iran-quot&p=5809250&viewfull=1#post5809250

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 07:57 PM
No one asked your opinion, thanks.

Jules is a friend... And figures things out much more intelligently than most on this board. I respect this very much. So you get it whether you like it or not. :)

devil21
06-18-2019, 08:06 PM
Jules is a friend... And figures things out much more intelligently than most on this board. I respect this very much. So you get it whether you like it or not. :)

I'm sure he's capable of speaking for himself. His posts today are VERY uncharacteristic of his usual comments so it appears something is going on there.

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 08:13 PM
I'm sure he's capable of speaking for himself. His posts today are VERY uncharacteristic of his usual comments so it appears something is going on there.

Yeah... The common sense light is coming on. :) If you would stop reading from the script you might become an intelligent individual and leader of self too.

devil21
06-18-2019, 08:19 PM
Yeah... The common sense light is coming on. :) If you would stop reading from the script you might become an intelligent individual and leader of self too.

Go blow yourself shill. I can't believe propaganda about attacking Iran is being allowed on RPF these days and actual statements that Tom friggin Cotton is doing anything for the liberty movement. It's ridiculous. This forum is so shilled up these days it's not funny.

Origanalist
06-18-2019, 08:21 PM

Lol, you so funny.

devil21
06-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Lol, you so funny.

Probably just another sock puppet account of the usual suspects.

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Lol, you so funny.

Seriously... :)

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 08:31 PM
Go blow yourself shill. I can't believe propaganda about attacking Iran is being allowed on RPF these days and actual statements that Tom friggin Cotton is doing anything for the liberty movement. It's ridiculous. This forum is so shilled up these days it's not funny.

I am not even talking about Cotton or War. Just showing some respect for Jules and his personal opinion.

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Probably just another sock puppet account of the usual suspects.

I tow no line for anyone. So no...

Origanalist
06-18-2019, 08:36 PM
I am not even talking about Cotton or War. Just showing some respect for Jules and his personal opinion.

And his opinion in this thread was about...., c'mon, I know you can do it......

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 08:45 PM
And his opinion in this thread was about...., c'mon, I know you can do it......

Lol. remember that he may have been sarcastic, but if not, he has an individual right against ignorant micromanaging communist peer pressure... Wrong or not... I'll back up his objective personal opinion anytime.

Origanalist
06-18-2019, 08:54 PM
Lol. remember that he may have been sarcastic, but if not, he has an individual right against ignorant micromanaging communist peer pressure... Wrong or not... I'll back up his objective personal opinion anytime.

Where are these ignorant micromanaging communist peer pressuring scoundrels??? Name them so Swordsmythe can report them and we can be rid of this scourge!

phill4paul
06-18-2019, 08:58 PM
Had Hillary been president a strike on Iran would be a done deal.

ATruepatriot
06-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Where are these ignorant micromanaging communist peer pressuring scoundrels??? Name them so Swordsmythe can report them and we can be rid of this scourge!

lol. Wanted to catch you about something else. That talk we had about Twitter addictions made me take a look at myself. And out of introspect I realized I was doing the same thing. I had to take a break and gather myself. :)

brushfire
06-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Those Iranians and their top secret, covert operations...

https://cna-sg-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/q_auto,f_auto/image/11636258/16x9/991/557/ab762a7479ef5f985e53d54dee8b2ea9/TD/u-s--pentagon-in-washington-releases-handout-imagery-that-it-says-shows-damage-from-iranian-mines-to-commercial-ships-in-gulf-of-oman-1.jpg

Its just a good thing that the US had their aircraft in the area, with cameras rolling. These Iranians were so discrete, I dont think anyone would have noticed them.

Here's actual footage - they look especially sinister in black and white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=t5rZeMqvZ9g

tfurrh
06-18-2019, 09:02 PM
Had Hillary been president a strike on Iran would be a done deal.

And we'd have already been at war with North Korea too.

tfurrh
06-18-2019, 09:03 PM
Tom Cotton is a maniac
Grizzly Adams had a beard

Swordsmyth
06-18-2019, 09:05 PM
Not really, you need to be in the 70's or above to maybe be a net positive to liberty.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

Sen. Tom Cotton (https://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=828&nameid=C001095) - 62%

The best you can say for him is that he is less horrible than a Demoncrat would have been.

Swordsmyth
06-18-2019, 09:05 PM
And we'd have already been at war with North Korea too.
And with Russia over Crimea.

Origanalist
06-18-2019, 09:06 PM
Grizzly Adams had a beard

ee I ee I oh

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2019, 12:07 PM
Those Iranians and their top secret, covert operations...

https://cna-sg-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/q_auto,f_auto/image/11636258/16x9/991/557/ab762a7479ef5f985e53d54dee8b2ea9/TD/u-s--pentagon-in-washington-releases-handout-imagery-that-it-says-shows-damage-from-iranian-mines-to-commercial-ships-in-gulf-of-oman-1.jpg

Its just a good thing that the US had their aircraft in the area, with cameras rolling. These Iranians were so discrete, I dont think anyone would have noticed them.

Here's actual footage - they look especially sinister in black and white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=t5rZeMqvZ9g

The best part about working with unexploded ordinance is for everyone to come crowd around and watch...