PDA

View Full Version : ***Input, Information, Volunteers needed** Streaming footage and equip.

Mckarnin
12-14-2007, 01:17 AM
I would like to have a large screen and a projector set up in Boston to play the blimp and the Columbia, SC rallies on. I would also like a similar setup but perhaps on a smaller scale in Columbia to broadcast the Boston Rally on.

We have a videographer who will be with the blimp but no one lined up to film the stream from Boston. Elijah has a projector that may be good enough for Columbia but no screen. So far we have no projector or screen lined up for Boston. Elijah recommends at least a 10,000 lux projector for Boston.

We have a Justin.tv account but are not sure about the quality of the stream. Does anyone have recommendations for online stream that thousands can access at once?

Any thoughts, ideas, volunteers, people who can rent or volunteer equipment?

millerjd
12-14-2007, 01:39 AM
I would like to have a large screen and a projector set up in Boston to play the blimp and the Columbia, SC rallies on. I would also like a similar setup but perhaps on a smaller scale in Columbia to broadcast the Boston Rally on.

We have a videographer who will be with the blimp but no one lined up to film the stream from Boston. Elijah has a projector that may be good enough for Columbia but no screen. So far we have no projector or screen lined up for Boston. Elijah recommends at least a 10,000 lux projector for Boston.

We have a Justin.tv account but are not sure about the quality of the stream. Does anyone have recommendations for online stream that thousands can access at once?

Any thoughts, ideas, volunteers, people who can rent or volunteer equipment?

I was actually thinking about this with having the flash banner up for the totals while we rally, but the blimp is a great idea too! I'm willing to help, I will be there Saturday and Sunday and I'm sleeping in a hotel right in the city. I'll help with anything regarding set up and running. I'm a software engineer and nerd by nature. I cannot bring any equipment from Phoenix though.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Tapping the shoulder of the meetup groups in that area is the best bet for hopefully the fastest results on finding a projector that can be used in time.

Believe it or not...a lot of meet up groups do not read these boards. It is a lot of word of mouth.

Good luck! :)

Tarzan
12-14-2007, 01:45 AM
We are short on time and resources... can the forum members help contact the groups and let them know about the needs?

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/signatureblimp.png (http://RonPaulBlimp.com/)

millerjd
12-14-2007, 01:49 AM
We are short on time and resources... can the forum members help contact the groups and let them know about the needs?

Sent message to Boston meetup group

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Sent message to Boston meetup group

There are many groups in that area...right?

libertyfilms
12-14-2007, 02:00 AM
It is pretty funny a for profit company now wants to have so much free support.

UtahApocalypse
12-14-2007, 02:07 AM

QFT!!

Where is all that money going??

Mckarnin
12-14-2007, 02:37 AM
I was actually thinking about this with having the flash banner up for the totals while we rally, but the blimp is a great idea too! I'm willing to help, I will be there Saturday and Sunday and I'm sleeping in a hotel right in the city. I'll help with anything regarding set up and running. I'm a software engineer and nerd by nature. I cannot bring any equipment from Phoenix though.

I too envisioned the flash banner in one of the upper corners of the screen and occasionally taking over the whole screen. Will you be in Boston? Can you PM your phone # to me? Preferably cell so I can reach you while you're travelling.

Mckarnin
12-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Tapping the shoulder of the meetup groups in that area is the best bet for hopefully the fastest results on finding a projector that can be used in time.

Believe it or not...a lot of meet up groups do not read these boards. It is a lot of word of mouth.

Good luck! :)

I have been in touch with a lot of SC meetup leaders today. Could use help contacting the Boston folks though.

inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com with "volunteer" in the subject will get my attention.

Mckarnin
12-14-2007, 02:43 AM

We haven't even raised the full amount for one month of the blim + its banner yet. Elijah, Trevor, Tarzan and myself are all unpaid.

New York For Paul
12-14-2007, 02:45 AM
We would like to pay you more.

Please listen to the customers who would like to have the second banner put on.

There is no need to rush out with one banner only to not have enough funds to fly when we get ready to put on the second banner.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 02:46 AM
If you are not going to be in Boston please don't pander to the event. Just do your thing in South Carolina and leave the Tea Party alone if you are not going to be there.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 02:48 AM

If you can't even get the second banner on the blimp you don't need to be worrying about streaming video.

mokkan88
12-14-2007, 02:50 AM
OMG, I agree with Menthol on something.

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 02:52 AM
If you can't even get the second banner on the blimp you don't need to be worrying about streaming video.

He does have a point.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I have been in touch with a lot of SC meetup leaders today. Could use help contacting the Boston folks though.

inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com with "volunteer" in the subject will get my attention.

I'm on it...;)

Mckarnin
12-14-2007, 02:55 AM

The second banner on the blimp isn't just a time issue so much as a time and wind issue and none of us are qualified to do it anyways. Thus we have every right to worry about other things that can tie the national Tea Parties together.

LibertyForAll
12-14-2007, 02:56 AM
McKarnin, don't listen to the negative morons. Just do what you guys think is best! The VAST majority of us love you and support what you are doing, and are not wasting time hounding you about this and that.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 03:00 AM
I have contacted the organizer (Joe Ureneck) and assistant organizers (Andrew Johnson, Corie Whalen).

This message, created by a member by the name of Jason, has now appeared on the message board for the meet up group:

The Ron Paul Blimp people have asked people to ask some of us on the forums if there is a projector we can use to display the blimp since it cannot be there. Also might be a grand idea to have the flash total ticker as well up during the speeches... here is the quoted text... I'm willing to volunteer helping operate if need be.

"I would like to have a large screen and a projector set up in Boston to play the blimp and the Columbia, SC rallies on. I would also like a similar setup but perhaps on a smaller scale in Columbia to broadcast the Boston Rally on.

Any thoughts, ideas, volunteers, people who can rent or volunteer equipment?"

Prepare for some e-mail.... :D

libertyfilms
12-14-2007, 03:00 AM
McKarnin, don't listen to the negative morons. Just do what you guys think is best! The VAST majority of us love you and support what you are doing, and are not wasting time hounding you about this and that.

Yea, that is why 80% of us hardcore supporters up at this hour want the blimp to be complete before it launches and embarrasses the whole campaign.

A blimp with only one banner loses fifty percent of its targeted audience and makes us look foolish.

New York For Paul
12-14-2007, 03:03 AM
We are the customers. We would like our blimp complete. We are willing to wait. Most customers do not like slipshod work. Most customers pay for complete items.

Most customers don't like incomplete construction jobs, incomplete meals, incomplete car repair jobs etc.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 03:05 AM
The second banner on the blimp isn't just a time issue so much as a time and wind issue and none of us are qualified to do it anyways. Thus we have every right to worry about other things that can tie the national Tea Parties together.

The only Tea Party in the entire USA is happening in Boston. There are other meetings happening around the nation IN SUPPORT OF THE TEA PARTY but there is only one Tea Party of 2007. If you are not in Boston you are not apart of the Tea Party.

I urge you to forget about the streaming video and if your not going to be in Boston to just separate yourself from the Tea Party. It already looks bad that the blimp is not going to be in Boston for the Tea Party (the other campaigns are going to comment about that) and the best thing to do is simply completely separate yourself from anything about the Tea Party.

By separating yourself you can make it look like the success of the blimp project does not depend on being connected to the Tea Party. Trying to link the two when the blimp is not even in Boston simply looks cheesy.

mokkan88
12-14-2007, 03:05 AM
Yea, that is why 80% of us hardcore supporters up at this hour want the blimp to be complete before it launches and embarrasses the whole campaign.

A blimp with only one banner loses fifty percent of its targeted audience and makes us look foolish.
QFT.

I want to get to bed and have a headache, but I'm staying up to argue my point. I'm making no exaggeration when I say that launching this blimp with one banner will be the biggest mistake and embarrassment of the grassroots campaign.

There is no need to rush. We'd rather see our money spent wisely than hastily. The people in charge of this project seem to forget that while they're hiding behind their "company", the entire reason we allowed the project to survive is because there was an understanding that this was still a volunteer effort.

If they're making "executive decisions", they'd better make those decisions based on the will of those who fund the project.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 03:07 AM

I'm totally shocked and stunned that it seems like the blimp will not be traveling to Boston (we have yet to have an official announcement that the blimp will not be in Boston), but now I'm even more stunned that the blimp people would launch the blimp (when there is NO rush to get to Boston) with only one banner. That is totally unprofessional in my opinion.

If they had to only have one banner to get to Boston in time that would be one thing. But now there is no reason for them to rush.

mokkan88
12-14-2007, 03:07 AM
The only Tea Party in the entire USA is happening in Boston. There are other meetings happening around the nation IN SUPPORT OF THE TEA PARTY but there is only one Tea Party of 2007. If you are not in Boston you are not apart of the Tea Party.
You seem to have a misconception of what the Tea Party is. It's not a rally - it's a money bomb. It's taking place nationwide.

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 03:09 AM
QFT.

I want to get to bed and have a headache, but I'm staying up to argue my point. I'm making no exaggeration when I say that launching this blimp with one banner will be the biggest mistake and embarrassment of the grassroots campaign.

There is no need to rush. We'd rather see our money spent wisely than hastily. The people in charge of this project seem to forget that while they're hiding behind their "company", the entire reason we allowed the project to survive is because there was an understanding that this was still a volunteer effort.

If they're making "executive decisions", they'd better make those decisions based on the will of those who fund the project.

Amen

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 03:09 AM
Please......stop...feeding...the....trolls.

If you feel that you must engage in this banter...take it to another thread.

This thread is not for that. There are 30+ threads ruined because of this...go there..........please.

Thank you. :)

mokkan88
12-14-2007, 03:14 AM
I don't think I'd classify this as "ruining" a thread. The entire project is at stake with this decision, something the people in charge have failed to address. There is no reason to rush this.

synthetic
12-14-2007, 03:23 AM

Don't force the launch with half the ad surface blank. Wind is not an issue if the blimp stays in the wind proof hanger its currently in. The 16th doesn't need a blimp to bring in money. It seems a few people have completely lost sight of that and are instead focused on promoting their own self interests.

millerjd
12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I too envisioned the flash banner in one of the upper corners of the screen and occasionally taking over the whole screen. Will you be in Boston? Can you PM your phone # to me? Preferably cell so I can reach you while you're travelling.

PM Sent