PDA

View Full Version : Project Plan: Creating a model for government change.

EvilEngineer
12-14-2007, 12:58 AM
We as the grassroots movement are a mechanism for change for this country. However we are still completely reliant upon the very system that we are trying to change. After really looking into the effects of monetary policy, I've realized that simple removal of the fed and IRS are not going to be viable unless we take actions at our local levels first.

As money is created literally from nothing, and the monetary supply is dependent solely on the amount of debt in the system, we cannot remove the debt without starving the economy. It is however suggested that we work on a localized barter and exchange method to fall back on should the economy enter a depression. This however is not viable for our grassroots movement as we are spread all across the country.

If we really want to change the system, we are going to need to be the ones to take the first steps to change it. As Dr. Paul has stated we should be the role models of change for everyone to emulate.

The goal of this would be to first free our selves from the system, and then work as a model for change else where.

Sadly I know this idea may come off as sounding like a hippy commune idea, but please hear it out. This idea is not for a complete society make-over, but instead a crash proof small scale community of about 50-100 people and their families. This model could be replicated all across the country though.

The steps of implementation of this plan are as following.
1. Secure a large parcel of rural property
2. Purchase the land out right, no debt attached.
3. Incorporate the land to form it as it's own town and county. As such the majority of local law, taxes, etc could be self determined.
4. Primary development of the land would have to be for self sufficiency, and working as a society, but still adhering to the principles of people keeping the efforts of their labor. Agrarian, bio-fuels, basic services, clothing production, etc.
5. The town it's self would run as a corporation, all goods and services would be a branch of the company and members would be equal partners in it. Profits to the corporation would use existing tax laws, off-shore banking, and other fun loopholes in tax structuring to keep as much money in the society as possible. Profits would be divided as dividends to the members. As the company provides lodging, food, and services for members at no cost the income would be exclusively for the necessity of purchasing luxuries and good that the group could not provide themselves.

More later...

I'm curious if anyone here is interested though in getting out of this rat race that we currently live in to do something along these lines. People have talked about leaving the country should RP not be elected, but I think we have a viable option if we really come together and change how we live before we give up. I could think of no real better way to help our grassroots come together than forming a close-knit society with each other.

Bryan
12-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Is it possible to carve out your own county from some other county? Anyway, it seems like a lot of serious liberty minded people have had similar thoughts and desires as they seek ways to be left alone- I'm one of those. There is obviously merit to this but there are of course downsides too.

One key to success in my view is having arable land and no property taxes - does anyone know of such a place? Once you are forced to pay taxes then you are forced to use someone elses arbitrary currency.

More later too... BTW- this is very borderline not grassroots but it stays for now. :)

EvilEngineer
12-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Is it possible to carve out your own county from some other county? Anyway, it seems like a lot of serious liberty minded people have had similar thoughts and desires as they seek ways to be left alone- I'm one of those. There is obviously merit to this but there are of course downsides too.

One key to success in my view is having arable land and no property taxes - does anyone know of such a place? Once you are forced to pay taxes then you are forced to use someone elses arbitrary currency.

More later too... BTW- this is very borderline not grassroots but it stays for now. :)

All a county really is a group of local governments with a line drawn around them. All it takes is filing some papers with the state, and possibly some lobbying of certain local officials. It would take some work, but in a rural area if you had a group of 100+ people rallying for it, I don't' see how they could really stop us. If we controlled our own county, we could set the property tax laws, law enforcement, and courts.

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 03:49 AM
I like where your going with this. I think big though. The way I see it we should just use the entire planet instead of some small plot of land.

We can start organizing it everywhere over the internet. In fact, we are already doing this. The first segment of the economy we are going to replace is the media, as it will speed up the replacement of other parts.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53480

I invite you to read up at my website. The plan is in motion.

idiom
12-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Become a citizen of Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong.

Or go read Snow Crash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_crash).

EvilEngineer
12-14-2007, 04:21 AM
I like where your going with this. I think big though. The way I see it we should just use the entire planet instead of some small plot of land.

We can start organizing it everywhere over the internet. In fact, we are already doing this. The first segment of the economy we are going to replace is the media, as it will speed up the replacement of other parts.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53480

I invite you to read up at my website. The plan is in motion.

Eventually yes, but all things must start small. The problem we face is that the our currency is on the rapid decline, and many of us do not have the proper supplies, equipment, training, etc to survive a real depression should it hit. This is basically a social fall back for us to recoup, break free of the chains of flawed governments and monetary policies and support our selves. From which we can grow and prosper once more.

Dan Klaus
12-14-2007, 05:13 AM
Hello New Hampshire!

EvilEngineer
12-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Hello New Hampshire!

Sadly, WAY too cold for my taste. I'm freezing in the 40-50's right now here in Texas.