PDA

View Full Version : Mexico’s President to Donald Trump: America Is for Migrants

Swordsmyth
05-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Poor people have a right to migrate to the United States, and migrants should not be stopped by force, according to a letter from Mexico’s president to U.S. President Donald Trump. President López Obrador’s May 30 letter, provided (https://www.wsj.com/articles/mexican-president-lopez-obradors-letter-to-president-trump-11559309803) by the Wall Street Journal, claimed a migrant’s “right for justice,” saying:

President Trump. Social problems are not resolved by taxes or coercive measures. How do you transform the country of fraternity for the world’s migrants into a ghetto, a closed space, where migrants are stigmatized, mistreated, persecuted, expelled and the right for justice is canceled to those who tirelessly seek to live free of misery?
The letter also suggested that poor Mexicans have a right to migrate into the United States: “It is worth remembering that, within a short period of time, Mexicans will not need to migrate into the United States and that migration will become optional, not compulsory.”

Al presidente Donald Trump en son de paz. https://t.co/5XdiY7hfeL
— Andrés Manuel (@lopezobrador_) May 31, 2019 (https://twitter.com/lopezobrador_/status/1134284723721822208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
Obrador’s letter did not formally reject or accept Trump’s demand that Mexico block the huge Central American migration into the United States, nor did it directly denounce Trump’s threat to impose rising tariffs on Mexico.
Instead, it repeatedly claimed poor people have a right to move into the United States.
In one section, the letter appropriates the Statue of Liberty as a supposed symbol of legal migration, saying “The Statue of Liberty is not an empty symbol.”
In reality, the statue was built to show other nations how America’s Constitution and culture help create a thriving democracy. Since then, many progressives have tried to argue the status is a symbolic invitation to migrants.
Since 1965, when the nation’s immigration laws were loosened, the U.S. population of Mexican-ancestry citizens and illegal immigrants has exploded to 30 million. That huge population delivers about $30 billion in remittances to Mexico each year.
Obrador also suggested that President Franklin Delano Roosevelt endorsed easy migration:

President Roosevelt was a titan of liberties. He proclaimed the four fundamental rights of humankind before anyone else: the right to freedom of speech, the right to freedom of religion, the right to live free from fear, and the right to live free from misery.
Additionally, Obrador argued that “universal justice” will triumph over national borders, saying:

With all due respect, even though you have the right to express it, the slogan “America First” is a fallacy because until the end of time, even over national borders, universal justice and fraternity will prevail.

Nothing by force, everything by reason and Law!
In the United States, many establishment figures also assert that Americans’ homeland is a nation of and for immigrants, not a homeland for 280 million America-born citizens and their children. In 2018, former GOP Gov. Nikki Haley told (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/09/nikki-haley-immigration-makes-us-great/) an Indian audience, “The one thing about America and what I have always loved is America is a country of immigrants. It’s the fabric of America to have multiple cultures. Multiple populations. Multiple heritages that do come into America that make it what it is.”
The second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, Sen. Dick Durbin declared (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/03/03/durbin-says-americans-homeland-must-be-a-nation-of-immigrants-forever/) in February 2018 that “rejecting the notion that we are a nation of immigrants [is] to deny our birthright as a nation … to really defy who we are, what we are and what we will be.” Also, he declared, “We have a diverse nation, and that is our strength as far as I’m concerned.”
Progressives also insist that Americans must not favor their people, children, ideas, and traditions. In November 2014, for example, former President Barack Obama told (https://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/31/immigration-2015-one-immigrants-two-new-workers/) cheering supporters:

Sometimes we get attached to our particular tribe, our particular race, our particular religion, and then we start treating other folks differently. And that, sometimes, has been a bottleneck to how we think about immigration. If you look at the history of immigration in this country, each successive wave, there have been periods where the folks who were already here suddenly say, ‘Well, I don’t want those folks’ — even though the only people who have the right to say that are some Native Americans.
In contrast, Trump has repeatedly argued that America is for Americans. In his May 30 letter announcing the new tariff threat, he said:

As everyone knows, the United States of America has been invaded by hundreds of thousands of people coming through Mexico and entering our country illegally. This sustained influx of illegal aliens has profound consequences on every aspect of our national life—overwhelming our schools, overcrowding our hospitals, draining our welfare system, and causing untold amounts of crime. Gang members, smugglers, human traffickers, and illegal drugs and narcotics of all kinds are pouring across the Southern Border and directly into our communities. Thousands of innocent lives are taken every year as a result of this lawless chaos. It must end NOW!

The current state of affairs is profoundly unfair to the American taxpayer, who bears the extraordinary financial cost imposed by large-scale illegal migration. Even worse is the terrible and preventable loss of human life. Some of the most deadly and vicious gangs on the planet operate just across our border and terrorize innocent communities.

For years, Mexico has not treated us fairly—but we are now asserting our rights as a sovereign Nation.

The United States is a great country that can no longer be exploited due to its foolish and irresponsible immigration laws. For the sake of our people, and for the sake of our future, these horrendous laws must be changed now.

As President of the United States, my highest duty is the defense of the country and its citizens. A nation without borders is not a nation at all. I will not stand by and allow our sovereignty to be eroded, our laws to be trampled, or our borders to be disrespected anymore.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/31/mexicos-president-donald-trump-america-immigrants/

Zippyjuan
05-31-2019, 06:43 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48477335

Mexico 'won't be provoked by US' over migrant row

What did Mr López Obrador say?

The president said he had ordered his foreign minister to travel to Washington on Friday.

"I want to insist that we are not going to fall into any provocations, that we are going to act prudently with respect to the authorities of the United States [and] with respect to President Donald Trump," he said.

In a letter to his US counterpart, Mr López Obrador said Mexico was complying with its responsibility to avoid "as far as possible and without violating human rights, the passage [of migrants] through our country".

"President Trump: Social problems are not resolved with tariffs or coercive measures," he added.

"With all due respect, although you have the sovereign right to express this, the slogan 'United States [America] First' is a fallacy because, until the end of time, and even over and above national frontiers, universal justice and fraternity will prevail."

Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard confirmed on Twitter that he would lead a delegation to Washington, adding: "The treatment of Mexico is unfair and does not make economic sense to anyone."

He later tweeted that a summit to resolve the dispute would be held in Washington on Wednesday, with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo heading the US side.

"We will be firm and defend the dignity of Mexico," he said.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/C3B1/production/_107179005_e0a80051-ac24-4375-b5e9-49199b01dc28-1.png

Swordsmyth
05-31-2019, 06:45 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48477335

Mexico desperately wants to continue facilitating the invasion.

Zippyjuan
05-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Repeat key words often.

Swordsmyth
05-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Repeat key words often.
The truth hurts?

AngryCanadian
05-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Poor people have a right to migrate to the United States, and migrants should not be stopped by force, according to a letter from Mexico’s president to U.S. President Donald Trump.

Sounds like a Threat. America cant give social welfare for every poor migrants that come to America. Otherwise its system would collapse.

AngryCanadian
05-31-2019, 06:56 PM
Mexico desperately wants to continue facilitating the invasion.

Indeed. This notion that Poor Migrants should come to America is laughable by Mexcio's part. Yeah Poor Migrants how are they going to succeed in America? by doing nothing? or going to gangs and committing crime?

Zippyjuan
05-31-2019, 07:03 PM
Indeed. This notion that Poor Migrants should come to America is laughable by Mexcio's part. Yeah Poor Migrants how are they going to succeed in America? by doing nothing? or going to gangs and committing crime?

Let's go do some crimes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzkQAIHTTY

oyarde
05-31-2019, 07:13 PM
The president of mexicos opinion on immigration in the us is of no value to any american , ever .

Zippyjuan
05-31-2019, 07:20 PM
The president of mexicos opinion on immigration in the us is of no value to any american , ever .

Only the US can tell other countries what they should do.

oyarde
05-31-2019, 07:22 PM
Only the US can tell other countries what they should do.

I do not care what they do , in mexico .

oyarde
05-31-2019, 07:24 PM
I mow my own lawn . No need for migrant workers here .

Zippyjuan
05-31-2019, 07:24 PM
I mow my own lawn . No need for migrant workers here .

I used to. Plus a couple of neighbor's. I don't have a lawn anymore. Push mower- not one of those fancy gas or electric things. You don't dare wait too long to cut it with one of those. Then your cussin' goes up.

Valli6
05-31-2019, 07:43 PM
López Obrador thinks America is everybody's "Daddy"! Sick bastard.
These "leaders" shirk their responsibilities to their own people and expect Americans to do the job they won't do!

tfurrh
05-31-2019, 07:52 PM
The letter doesn't say that. At all.

euphemia
05-31-2019, 07:52 PM
Show me one person in the caravan who is truly poor, even by American standards. Every woman is coiffed and dressed in clean new clothing. Every man has a fresh, stylish haircut and clean expensive logo clothing. They all have fancy technology. They all look freshly showered. They are not people who have walked for a thousand miles with no food or water. They are all hydrated and well fed.

Contrast these pictures with what you see in Africa and the Middle East where the true refugees have worn and torn clothing, serious malnutrition and serious injuries.

fedupinmo
05-31-2019, 07:53 PM
"Universal justice and fraternity" needs to happen in their own country. Encouraging migration as a solution only concentrates the problems that cause the migration in the first place.

tfurrh
05-31-2019, 08:07 PM
From WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mexican-president-lopez-obradors-letter-to-president-trump-11559309803

President Donald Trump,

I am aware of your latest position towards Mexico. In advance, I express to you that I do not seek confrontation. The peoples and nations we represent deserve that, whenever facing any conflict in our relations, however serious they may be, we resort to dialogue and act with prudence and responsibility.

The best President of Mexico, Benito Juárez, maintained excellent relations with the Republican hero Abraham Lincoln. Later, during the oil expropriation period, the Democratic President Franklin D. Roosevelt understood the profound reasons that led the patriotic President Lázaro Cárdenas to act in favor of our sovereignty. By the way, President Roosevelt was a titan of liberties. He proclaimed the four fundamental rights of humankind before anyone else: the right to freedom of speech, the right to freedom of religion, the right to live free from fear, and the right to live free from misery.

We base our immigration policy on this thought. Human beings do not abandon their town for pleasure but for need. That is why, from the beginning of my government, I proposed you to opt for development cooperation and help the Central American countries attract productive investments to create jobs and resolve this painful issue in depth.

You are also aware that we are fulfilling our responsibility to stop immigration, as effective as possible and without violations to any human right, through our country. It is worth remembering that, within a short period of time, Mexicans will not need to migrate into the United States and that migration will become optional, not compulsory. This is because we are fighting corruption, the main problem in Mexico, as never before! This is how our country will become a powerful nation with a social dimension. Our countrymen and women will be able to work and be happy where they are born, where their relatives, their traditions and their cultures are.

President Trump. Social problems are not resolved by taxes or coercive measures. How do you transform the country of fraternity for the world’s migrants into a ghetto, a closed space, where migrants are stigmatized, mistreated, persecuted, expelled and the right for justice is canceled to those who tirelessly seek to live free of misery? The Statue of Liberty is not an empty symbol.

With all due respect, even though you have the right to express it, the slogan “America First” is a fallacy because until the end of time, even over national borders, universal justice and fraternity will prevail.

I specifically propose to you, mister President, to deepen the dialogue and seek alternatives to the immigration problem and, please remember, that I do not lack the courage, that I do not act cowardly or timidly but on principles: I believe in politics that, among other things, were meant to avoid confrontation and war. I do not believe in the Law of Talon, in the ’tooth for a tooth’ or in the ’eye for an eye’ precept because, should we follow those ideas, we would all become toothless or eyeless. I believe that statesmen, and even more so those of Nation, are obliged to seek peaceful solutions to controversies and to put into practice, forever, the beautiful ideal of non-violence.

In conclusion, I propose you to instruct your officials, if it is within your interests, to receive the representatives of my government, led by the Secretary of Foreign Affairs of Mexico, who will travel to Washington beginning from tomorrow to seek for an agreement for the benefit of the two nations.

Nothing by force, everything by reason and Law!

Your friend,

Andrés Manuel López Obrador

President of Mexico

Zippyjuan
05-31-2019, 08:09 PM

Never let facts get in the way of a good spin.

Swordsmyth
05-31-2019, 08:21 PM

Never let facts get in the way of a good spin.

It does say it:

How do you transform the country of fraternity for the world’s migrants into a ghetto, a closed space, where migrants are stigmatized, mistreated, persecuted, expelled and the right for justice is canceled to those who tirelessly seek to live free of misery? The Statue of Liberty is not an empty symbol.

tfurrh
05-31-2019, 08:35 PM
It does say it:

STTTTRRRRRREEEEEEEETTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHH

Swordsmyth
05-31-2019, 08:40 PM
STTTTRRRRRREEEEEEEETTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHH
No, he has said it before:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-a-human-right (http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/mexicos-next-president-boldly-declares-that-immigration-to-the-united-states-is-a-human-right)

Andrés Manuel López Obrador (otherwise known as “AMLO”) is about to become the next president of Mexico. He has a seemingly insurmountable lead in the polls, and at this point it would be a complete and utter shock if anyone else were to win on July 1st. So what he has to say is likely to become the official policy of the Mexican government in the very near future, and that is quite frightening because he is a crazed radical leftist and an extremely bold proponent of illegal immigration to the United States. As I wrote about yesterday, Mexico has begun the process of a complete and total societal meltdown, and right now chaos reigns supreme along the U.S.-Mexico border. It would be extremely helpful to have a Mexican president that would be committed to restoring order along the border, but instead AMLO has boldly declared that immigration to the United States is a “human right” and he is encouraging more immigrants to start pouring into the U.S. illegally…

Mexican presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) called for mass immigration to the United States during a speech Tuesday declaring it a “human right” for all North Americans.

“And soon, very soon — after the victory of our movement — we will defend all the migrants in the American continent and all the migrants in the world,” Obrador said, adding that immigrants “must leave their towns and find a life in the United States.”

Does that mean that he also believes that immigration to Mexico is a “human right” and that everyone around the world that can get to Mexico’s borders must be allowed in?

Full article at link.

---

So, Illegal Immigration to the US is a Right? A Right that comes at our expense? No Right can come at the expense of anothers Right.

And no offense to Canada, but why not Canada? Why not "Immigration to Canada" is a Human Right? Wouldnt that include a bunch of people in the US already? I blame Canada! We should go to war with Canada because, um, well, uh, yeah, I got nuthin. But it would be great for the US Economy if we went to Canada, as well as a means of peacefully promoting Human Rights because War = Peace! And they have Free Health Care in Canada that WE should have a Right to take from them and we should deny their Right to say anything about it! We could start a new Trade War, and put Tariffs on People! We could export all of our deplorables and undesirables to Canada and we would be left with the Creme of the Crap, er Crop! Then we could put people like Trigglypuff in charge of Feminazi Rights Movements! Then put Scrooge McDuck in charge of the US Treasury and deport Alladin! What could go wrong?

tfurrh
05-31-2019, 08:49 PM
No, he has said it before:

This is still spin (economiccollapseblog?), but regardless, I know you don't agree with a lot of libertarians, but a lot of libertarians agree that peaceably moving/traveling is a human right.

DamianTV
06-01-2019, 01:57 AM
This is still spin (economiccollapseblog?), but regardless, I know you don't agree with a lot of libertarians, but a lot of libertarians agree that peaceably moving/traveling is a human right.

I will whole heartedly agree with that. I will also agree to reasonable restrictions on that travel, such as travel across someone elses Private Property. No you cant move into my back yard, its my back yard. Likewise I cant just decide to move onto your backyard. Great thing about Freedom once again rises because if we are both willing to negotiate about either of us moving onto either of our back yards, then we do NOT need government, and that lack of need of Govt to tell us what to do is the greatest threat to Big Govt and the Religion of State Worship.

This also holds true in larger groups. Cities can say "yes you can build here" or "no you can not build here". It depends on what is being built and who is building it, as well as the long term effects on the City. Same thing for countries. Yes, you can move where ever the fuck you want with in your own country. Its your country, and beyond the scope of either my personal authority, or the authority of the US Govt to tell people how to live in other countries. But, come to THIS country WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE and THAT IS a violation of our collective Right as a Sovereign Nation.

Free Speech has reasonable restrictions too, but we dont need laws against it. When Free Speech is used to cause harm to a person, it typically comes in the form of Libel or Slander. But we also have "you yelled FIRE in a theater and got my ass trampled", well, there is a victim and bodily harm was caused, but this is NOT a Constitutional issue it is a Civil issue, where by one person holds another person accountable for the harm that has befallen them.

Leftists tend to operate by the same means, Oppressor vs Oppressed. They have turned everyone into both victims and aggressors, depending on the category. Gays have been sold the victim mentality for years, but now when they come down and demand a baker bake a wedding cake, that is the Victim becoming the Oppressor. By constantly reinforcing this ideology, it only promotes a Hegalian Dialectic conclusion that the solution to the problem of Oppressor vs Oppressed is BIGGER Govt. Always bigger Govt. And a Govt big enough not only to give you everything you want, but big enough to give you everything you want by taking it away from someone else.

And therein lies the truth of Socialism. Unlimited Govt over absolutely everything can only result in one thing, a people that needs to get permission to speak about a particular thing before actually speaking about it. SO the people calling for Censorship or really ANY Big Govt solution to every single fucking problem out there are only succeeding in undermining themselves because if they get their Socialist Wish fulfilled, then they themselves will no longer be allowed to speak.

Same thing goes for Mexico and Immigration. Mexico has some of the harshest immigration laws. Get married with the intent of defrauding their state for their welfare, if you get busted, you spend hard time in a Mexican Prison, that that is no joke. Mexico would apply ZERO TOLERANCE should US citizens invade Mexico at the same rate as they have been invading us. But it is NEVER OK for an actual victim to defend themselves from an Invasion.

The real reason that Immigration is both tolerated and wanted is because the Demoncratic Party sees the opportunity to exploit the immigrants for a chance at PERMANENT POLITICAL POWER. Should that come, there will NEVER be another Republican controlled Executive Branch or Congress, both the House and Senate. The leftists have destroyed California. Imagine what they will do to the rest of the country should they get that power. They will turn us into Little Mexico, and we WILL be as poor as they are there, or worse.

What they are trying to say here is that Mexican have Rights and we do NOT. When to people have Unequal Rights, you have Injustice.

LibertyEagle
06-01-2019, 03:14 AM

A lot of libertarians do not agree with you, either.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/lew-rockwell/open-borders-assault-private-property/

timosman
06-01-2019, 03:22 AM

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/lew-rockwell/open-borders-assault-private-property/

Unrestricted Immigration - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?484861-Unrestricted-Immigration

tfurrh
06-01-2019, 07:21 AM

Unrestricted Immigration - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?484861-Unrestricted-Immigration

Lew didn't ever dismiss freedom of movement as incorrect. In fact, he agreed with it. He only says that freedom of movement should be qualified, and also shouldn't mean open borders (unless there's no welfare system). So basically he agrees with me :D

High point of the article:
The correct way to proceed, therefore, is to decentralize decision-making on immigration to the lowest possible level, so that we approach ever more closely the proper libertarian position, in which individual property owners consent to the various movements of peoples.

AngryCanadian
06-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Either way what the Mexican president announced is more stupid and this would actually help Trump and his anti immigration base.

"Poor Migrants should come to America"

Yeah maybe Mexico should take care of its own people for once?

enhanced_deficit
06-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Poor people have a right to migrate to the United States, and migrants should not be stopped by force, according to a letter from Mexico’s president to U.S. President Donald Trump.

Trump’s Surprising New Ally in Mexico? The Government (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532038-Trump’s-Surprising-New-Ally-in-Mexico-The-Government&)

Should MAGA ask his senior globalism White House advisor to return Mexico's Highest Award he recently received for his impressive work on NAFTA 2.0?

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGuterman/status/1068776005777743872

Swordsmyth
06-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Lew didn't ever dismiss freedom of movement as incorrect. In fact, he agreed with it. He only says that freedom of movement should be qualified, and also shouldn't mean open borders (unless there's no welfare system). So basically he agrees with me :D

High point of the article:
Mises on Nationalism, the Right of Self-Determination, and the Problem of Immigration (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519390-Mises-on-Nationalism-the-Right-of-Self-Determination-and-the-Problem-of-Immigration)

Schifference
06-01-2019, 03:08 PM
There is no need for a Mexican President. Mexico can deed all its land to the USA and fall under USA law and leadership. All Mexicans can become US citizens.

Swordsmyth
06-01-2019, 03:12 PM
There is no need for a Mexican President. Mexico can deed all its land to the USA and fall under USA law and leadership. All Mexicans can become US citizens.
That would turn us into Mexico overnight, I'll pass.

tfurrh
06-01-2019, 05:33 PM
That would turn us into Mexico overnight, I'll pass.

Yeah. That's what happened when Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California were no longer Mexico.... most in just about the same manner as suggested.

Swordsmyth
06-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Yeah. That's what happened when Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California were no longer Mexico.... most in just about the same manner as suggested.
They weren't nearly so populated and America wasn't already balanced on a knife's edge ready to be tipped into mexican political culture nor was mexican political culture as different from ours back then.

No thanks.