PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton to serve as keynote speaker at cyber defense summit

timosman
05-30-2019, 04:23 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-cybersecurity-speaker

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton will serve as a keynote speaker at the Cyber Defense Summit 2019, the cybersecurity company FireEye announced on Thursday.

"We are pleased to announce that Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will be a featured keynote at our #FireEyeSummit in October! Secretary Clinton will engage in an intimate Q&A keynote discussion," a tweet from the company read.

FireEye's website touted its "informative and insightful keynotes from industry thought leaders." "Take this opportunity to share best practices, learn about the latest advancements, and enhance your cyber preparedness," the company said of the event.

The event is designed to inform executives on cybersecurity, as well as security practitioners on how to "mitigate, detect, and respond to cyber attacks."

Her comments will follow a slew of appearances in which she attributed her 2016 loss partly to Russian cyber activities used to interfere in the election. In May, she said the election was "stolen" from her.

“I think it’s also critical to understand that, as I’ve been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” she said during an event in May.

That loss, according to her, was also influenced by former FBI Director James Comey's decision to notify Congress about his agency's investigation into her email servers.

That scandal hung over Clinton's head for the entirety of her campaign, during which she polled low on trustworthiness. Clinton denied any intentional wrongdoing as investigators found that as Secretary of State, she sent classified material over an unsecured server in her basement.

She and her team faced suspicions of trying to conceal evidence as well after it scrubbed her server. At one point, Clinton seemed to defender herself by suggesting she didn't know what it meant to "wipe" a server.

“What, like with a cloth or something?” Clinton said when asked about the issue during the election cycle. “I don’t know how it works digitally at all," she said.

AngryCanadian
05-30-2019, 04:47 PM
lolz. Really? i wouldnt trust Hillary as keynote speaker when considering hackers hacked the DNC.

dannno
05-30-2019, 04:49 PM
Meanwhile, Bill Clinton will be a keynote speaker at the "How to turn down sexual advances from an intern" convention.

donnay
05-30-2019, 04:54 PM
Her whole speech will be, "RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!"

I swear, if I didn't know any better I would swear she is Mystery Babylon from the Bible.

Revelation 17:4-5 (KJV)

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

Schifference
05-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Don't alcoholics make the best alcohol treatment consolers?

timosman
05-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Don't alcoholics make the best alcohol treatment consolers?

Not while still binge drinking. :tears:

navy-vet
05-30-2019, 05:52 PM
Not while still binge drinking. :tears:

haha

oyarde
05-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Well there are quite a few fans here on RPF , they should be able to report back how it goes .

nikcers
05-30-2019, 08:09 PM
This is the biggest joke I have heard in a long time I was laughing so hard tears came out.

Anti Globalist
05-30-2019, 08:57 PM
What an absolute joke.

nikcers
05-30-2019, 09:00 PM
This is like John Bolton speaking about non intervention at a Ron Paul conference.

enhanced_deficit
05-30-2019, 09:02 PM
Many sightings of MAGA supporters with 'Lock Her Up' placards at the summit expected in coming news cycles.

Anti Globalist
05-30-2019, 09:03 PM
This is like John Bolton speaking about non intervention at a Ron Paul conference.
Or Obama speaking at a conference about ending central banking.

timosman
07-03-2019, 10:35 PM
https://i.vgy.me/wYNt9r.jpg

brushfire
07-03-2019, 10:52 PM
FireEye? Isnt that what you get after binge eating spicy food?

timosman
07-07-2019, 09:54 AM
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/04/hillary-clinton-cybersecurity-conference/

July 04, 2019

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton withdrew from the cybersecurity conference where she was scheduled to be the keynote speaker, citing an “unforeseen circumstance,” according to an email from the FireEye Cyber Defense Summit.

Clinton — who infamously transmitted classified information over a homemade server once housed in her bathroom — was the centerpiece of the October 9-10 summit in Washington, where Clinton was to have “engage[d] in a Q&A discussion with FireEye CEO, Kevin Mandia on the geopolitical landscape and its implications for global cyber security today.”

The FireEye “Cyber Defense Summit brings together many of the world’s leading security experts, frontline heroes, government leaders, and executives from various industries to address the challenges of today’s threat landscape,” its website says.

An email from FireEye sent Tuesday said “Due to an unforeseen circumstance, Secretary Clinton will no longer be able to participate in this year’s conference. Additional speakers will be announced as confirmed. We look forward to hosting attendees in October with a comprehensive program at our 10th annual event.”

FireEye did not immediately respond to a request for more information from the Daily Caller News Foundation, nor did Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill.

The email was published by Nate Cain, an IT professional and federal whistleblower. A source close to FireEye confirmed that “something is up” with the Clinton speech, and there is no mention of the keynote on the conference’s website.

PAF
07-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Hillary Clinton Withdraws As Cybersecurity Conference Keynote, Citing ‘Unforeseen Circumstance

Bridge night? Tupperware Party? What gives?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Bridge night? Tupperware Party? What gives?

Had trouble putting one foot in front of the other :D

Swordsmyth
07-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Had trouble putting one foot in front of the other :D

We may need proof of life.

shakey1
07-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Her whole speech will be, "RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!"

I swear, if I didn't know any better I would swear she is Mystery Babylon from the Bible.

Revelation 17:4-5 (KJV)

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

Somehow I would not be so surprised by this.:questionsmerk:

Anti Globalist
07-08-2019, 08:07 AM
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/04/hillary-clinton-cybersecurity-conference/
The "unforeseen circumstance" is her realizing she shouldn't be there in the first place.