PDA

View Full Version : Maine to no longer allow religious or philosophical exemptions for vaccines

Swordsmyth
05-30-2019, 01:58 AM
Gov. Janet Mills (D) signed the new law Friday. It will not take effect until September 2021 and will include an exemption for children whose parents have already gotten exemptions for them. It also still includes an exemption for medical reasons.
Maine is the fourth state to have passed such legislation.
"As governor, it is my responsibility to protect the health and safety of all Maine people, and it has become clear that our current laws do not adequately protect against the risks posed to Mainers," Mills told CNN (https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/27/health/maine-immunization-exemption-repealed-trnd/index.html?utm_content=2019-05-28T15%3A34%3A00&utm_term=image&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNNp).
While she acknowledged that "people of good will hold sincere beliefs on both sides of the issue," she added, "Maine has a vaccination opt-out rate that is three times higher than the national average for students entering kindergarten and the state ranks seventh in the country for the rate of non-medical exemptions taken among school-age children."

More at: https://www.theblaze.com/news/maine-cuts-religious-exemptions-for-vaccines

"You have rights.................................As long as you don't use them"

PAF
05-30-2019, 06:40 AM
Maybe some of the people will stumble across the Bill of Rights somewhere, gloss over it, and try to figure it out.

Amendment 10:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

If they are animal sheep and not intelligent people with free will, well then, there's nothing much you can do about it, is there.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2019, 06:41 AM
LePage would not have signed that.

As much as we like to say "damn politicians, all the same", they are not, at least at the state level.

PAF
05-30-2019, 07:01 AM
LePage would not have signed that.

As much as we like to say "damn politicians, all the same", they are not, at least at the state level.

At what point does the liberty movement quit looking to government/politicians and begin to look upon individuality? It's nothing more than education, finding something in common to set an example so that they ponder it and apply it to other aspects of daily life.

Or are "Anarchists" who read the Declaration not supposed to suggest such things? LOL

At least this way being called a "communist" would sort of apply, if everybody did this, because there is "power in numbers".

oyarde
05-30-2019, 07:16 AM
Ya , I do not think that will hold up .

donnay
05-30-2019, 07:48 AM
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Anti Federalist
05-30-2019, 09:41 AM
At what point does the liberty movement quit looking to government/politicians and begin to look upon individuality? It's nothing more than education, finding something in common to set an example so that they ponder it and apply it to other aspects of daily life.

Or are "Anarchists" who read the Declaration not supposed to suggest such things? LOL

At least this way being called a "communist" would sort of apply, if everybody did this, because there is "power in numbers".

The day government fires all the cops, and unilaterally disarms.

As long as "they" possess a standing army and "we" lack the courage to fight that standing army and run it off, the only way in which to exercise freedom, in this case the freedom to live without being forcibly medicated against your will with the threat of government gun pointed to your head, is to engage in the political process.

Swordsmyth
05-30-2019, 03:03 PM

When you are ready to launch a shooting rebellion we can stop worrying about politics but we will have to worry about it again after the rebellion is over.

DamianTV
05-31-2019, 12:30 AM
Perhaps a Legal Exemption? Like I own my own body so go fuck yourself?