PDA

View Full Version : Watch out! New York may ban texting while walking across the street

voter1
05-29-2019, 06:50 AM
Watch out! New York may ban texting while walking across the street
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/19/new-york-may-fine-pedestrians-texting-while-crossing-street/3735230002/

Superfluous Man
05-29-2019, 06:52 AM
Seriously, please stop.

Anti Federalist
05-29-2019, 06:54 AM
Seriously, please stop.

What have we got here?

A bot?

Fire11?

nikcers
05-29-2019, 06:58 AM
Are you guys mad because he doesn't post the text or are there monetized trackers in the links? Or are these articles posted elsewhere? Honestly some of the mods and long time members post the link only sometimes and maybe they don't know we don't like links here. I think I only saw some of these headlines elsewhere except on the Ron Paul institute.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 07:04 AM
Are you guys mad because he doesn't post the text or are there monetized trackers in the links? Or are these articles posted elsewhere? Honestly some of the mods and long time members post the link only sometimes and maybe they don't know we don't like links here. I think I only saw some of these headlines elsewhere except on the Ron Paul institute.

In a main post it's courteous to make the effort to also share an excerpt.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 07:06 AM
In a main post it's courteous to make the effort to also share an excerpt.

Ya I guess he could be a sock puppet sliding because they don't post any comments

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 07:22 AM
Ya I guess he could be a sock puppet sliding because they don't post any comments

Or new to a forum environment ... :)

Superfluous Man
05-29-2019, 07:22 AM

I thought the same thing when I saw the first one or two. Then when they just kept rolling in rapid fire, like this poster saw his entire role here as one of rapidly starting new threads to post headlines and links without anything else, it seemed prudent to speak up.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 07:24 AM
Or new to a forum environment ... :)

Yeah I guess if he is a socket puppet than all of his posts are pro libertarianish so I would imagine if they are sliding they are trying to slide the anti JA sentiment off the forum

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 07:26 AM
I thought the same thing when I saw the first one or two. Then when they just kept rolling in rapid fire, like this poster saw his entire role here as one of rapidly starting new threads to post headlines and links without anything else, it seemed prudent to speak up.

I have been in forums where they are so paranoid about copyright infringement this is what they do, just a link.

Superfluous Man
05-29-2019, 07:31 AM
I have been in forums where they are so paranoid about copyright infringement this is what they do, just a link.

OK, but I would still generally expect that the person posting that wants to discuss it.

Voter1 started multiple threads one after the other in a very short time, like they came here ready with a whole quiver full of links to post and then disappear. Maybe it was just more noticeable to me because I was sitting here watching them pop up and having deja vu as I kept clicking them and seeing the same thing in all of them

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 07:34 AM

Yeah I guess if he is a socket puppet than all of his posts are pro libertarianish so I would imagine if they are sliding they are trying to slide the anti JA sentiment off the forum

There is something else to keep an eye out for later. Because this board allows editing there is an old spam trick mods might want to check on later. They will come in and make a bunch of posts with legitimate links and then come back later and change the all links to spam links.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 07:38 AM
OK, but I would still generally expect that the person posting that wants to discuss it.

Voter1 started multiple threads one after the other in a very short time, like they came here ready with a whole quiver full of links to post and then disappear. Maybe it was just more noticeable to me because I was sitting here watching them pop up and having deja vu as I kept clicking them and seeing the same thing in all of them

I absolutely agree, all the signs of a bot. Someone needs to come back later and see if the links have been edited to spam links. Or... It could be my wife sneaking in on here to keep an eye on my crap. She has done it before. lol

voter1
05-29-2019, 07:39 AM
You know the US is doomed when Americans would rather attack those who defend freedom instead of criticizing the government that is enslaving them.

Superfluous Man
05-29-2019, 07:48 AM
You know the US is doomed when Americans would rather attack those who defend freedom instead of criticizing the government that is enslaving them.

If that's really what you're trying to do, consider changing your approach. How about starting one thread at a time and actually saying something about what you post?

voter1
05-29-2019, 07:52 AM
Americans used to believe in free speech.

Superfluous Man
05-29-2019, 08:03 AM
Oh boy.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 08:07 AM
Oh boy.

Lol...

voter1
05-29-2019, 08:13 AM
Society is becoming unglued.

The USA is supposed to be a free country, but it is a police state. The US is no longer a democracy, Americans no have longer rights, and everything is illegal.

The government blatantly breaks the law and then laughs and expects Americans to obey the law and pay taxes.

How can Americans sleep at night now?

What would an American do if he was married, had a house, car, job, and $100,000? Would he throw everything away to fight for freedom or would he try to justify being unconstitutionally wiretapped, groped by the TSA, being tracked with license plate readers, stopping for checkpoints, and being stopped and frisked?

How much is liberty worth to you?

Maybe Americans might benefit from studying King Charles, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, the Civil War, and the Vietnam War.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/king-charles-i-executed-for-treason (https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/king-charles-i-executed-for-treason)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343168/ (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343168/)

nikcers
05-29-2019, 08:37 AM
Americans used to believe in free speech.

free speech is only for the bots.

voter1
05-29-2019, 09:12 AM
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

PAF
05-29-2019, 09:36 AM
The less said the better?

LOL

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Texting while walking is one of the ways we cull the herd.

Dr.3D
05-29-2019, 10:33 AM
You know there is something seriously wrong, when you tune in the news and only get politics.

TheTexan
05-29-2019, 11:01 AM
I can tell by his username that voter1 is a Great American

nikcers
05-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Texting while walking is one of the ways we cull the herd.
They don't want people talking because talking requires thinking and they would prefer people shut off their brains.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2019, 11:34 AM
They don't want people talking because talking requires thinking and they would prefer people shut off their brains.

The best is when a person texting while driving hits a person texting while walking. That's like a double Darwin.

Anti Globalist
05-29-2019, 11:42 AM
I'm sure California will adopt this idea pretty soon.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 11:45 AM

I'm honestly surprised that username was still available considering how long this site has been around. It's actually a pretty witty username.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 11:55 AM
The best is when a person texting while driving hits a person texting while walking. That's like a double Darwin.
I got in a car accident a decade ago because I was tired, just got off a graveyard shift and my work was going to fire me if I didn't come back in for a meeting the same morning. They would of probably blamed it on me talking on my cell phone though if I died.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 12:10 PM
I got in a car accident a decade ago because I was tired, just got off a graveyard shift and my work was going to fire me if I didn't come back in for a meeting the same morning. They would of probably blamed it on me talking on my cell phone though if I died.

I don't agree that just talking on a cellphone is a distraction, no worse than talking to a passenger. But I do think texting while driving can be a distraction and harm others, and if people had been more self responsible and honest about this fact laws would not have been needed to be passed against it. I know I can't do it and truly pay attention to everything I should when driving and have almost bit the dust a couple times even when I thought it was safe to do it. But I used to operate complicated fly by wire garbage trucks and talk on the phone at the same time.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 12:12 PM
I don't agree that just talking on a cellphone is a distraction, no worse than talking to a passenger. But I do think texting while driving can be a distraction and harm others, and if people had been more self responsible and honest about this fact laws would not have been needed to be passed against it. I know I can't do it and truly pay attention to everything I should when driving and have almost bit the dust a couple times even when I thought it was safe to do it. But I used to operate complicated fly by wire garbage trucks and talk on the phone at the same time.

Yeah I agree completely, I know certainly the phone wasn't the cause, driving tired is harder than driving drunk especially because you often don't know how much your reaction times are impaired so its harder. Atleast when you are drinking you know your reaction times are off, that only really changes when you get too drunk.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Yeah I agree completely, I know certainly the phone wasn't the cause, driving tired is harder than driving drunk especially because you often don't know how much your reaction times are impaired so its harder. Atleast when you are drinking you know your reaction times are off, that only really changes when you get too drunk.

I have had to purposely call someone and talk with them to stay awake that last few miles. I have always had a CB installed in my cars for the same reason. "Hey? did you copy that?" Uhhhh... what was that? come back? lol

nikcers
05-29-2019, 01:09 PM
I have had to purposely call someone and talk with them to stay awake that last few miles. I have always had a CB installed in my cars for the same reason. "Hey? did you copy that?" Uhhhh... what was that? come back? lol
yeah that's what I was doing at the time lol

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 01:30 PM
yeah that's what I was doing at the time lol

Kinda figured. :) Trust me... Been there. I woke up many times and was thankful that I happened to be on a straight section of road. lol

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2019, 01:39 PM
If you're too tired to drive you shouldn't be driving.

ATruepatriot
05-29-2019, 01:46 PM

I agree. Sometimes the current pace of society and responsibilities can force you to push limits out of necessity. I am personally pretty good at 20 minute power naps if the time can be afforded. But we live in a world of perpetual urgency, most beyond our control if we want to eat and keep a roof over our heads. As a commercial driver I'm not even going to go into how screwed up the HOS laws are and how they force drivers to drive in a perpetual state of exhaustion.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 01:57 PM

People shouldn't do _________ is often stated by people who haven't been hungry before in their entire life. I honestly hope you never have to.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2019, 03:52 PM
People shouldn't do _________ is often stated by people who haven't been hungry before in their entire life. I honestly hope you never have to.

Except other people's lives are in danger if you can't even keep your eyes open. Don't play the pity card. I thought RPF advocated freedom and personal responsibility, not lawlessness.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Except other people's lives are in danger if you can't even keep your eyes open. Don't play the pity card. I thought RPF advocated freedom and personal responsibility, not lawlessness.

What part of saying that people who are tired inherently don't know it, typically don't you get. I didn't realize how tired I was until later, I just thought to myself I need to work to eat.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2019, 05:09 PM
What part of saying that people who are tired inherently don't know it, typically don't you get. I didn't realize how tired I was until later, I just thought to myself I need to work to eat.

You keep changing the point you're trying to make so I don't even know how to respond at this point

nikcers
05-29-2019, 05:12 PM
You keep changing the point you're trying to make so I don't even know how to respond at this point

The point I made was the same, tired driving is way worse than talking on the phone and most people do it without thinking they are tired which is even more dangerous. The person I got in accident with wasn't even supposed to be driving, he was driving a money truck the company hadn't even granted him the right to drive yet and he slammed on his brakes at a yellow light. In my eyes I blame myself for being tired though, I like to play video games and i know my reaction time is shit when I am tired and I play way worse.

Danke
05-29-2019, 05:25 PM

+rep

And the mods banned him, the mods are worthless.

Stratovarious
05-29-2019, 05:39 PM
This is an issue I raised a while back , it was largely ignored, and the links without text is fairly common here
too, so we ban this guy..........for what/////

nikcers
05-29-2019, 05:42 PM
This is an issue I raised a while back , it was largely ignored, and the links without text is fairly common here

he didn't pass the turing test

Stratovarious
05-29-2019, 05:43 PM
he didn't pass the turing test

turing?

Swordsmyth
05-29-2019, 05:46 PM
This guy appears to be another sockpuppet of a persistent troll and probable bot who never engages in conversation and just posts links and anti-American rants.

The original account was "dcliberty" but when that got a temp ban he continued to violate site rules by creating new accounts to get around the temp ban.

Stratovarious
05-29-2019, 05:55 PM
This guy appears to be another sockpuppet of a persistent troll and probable bot who never engages in conversation and just posts links and anti-American rants.

The original account was "dcliberty" but when that got a temp ban he continued to violate site rules by creating new accounts to get around the temp ban.

Right, makes sense.

Stratovarious
05-29-2019, 06:00 PM
What does anyone think about the OP, the post, the title, law against texting?

This seems a bit extreme to me, don't get me wrong , I think people are idiots for
stepping out into traffic with their minds jello, but wtf , freedom to make dumb decisions....

Swordsmyth
05-29-2019, 06:01 PM

This seems a bit extreme to me, don't get me wrong , I think people are idiots for
stepping out into traffic with their minds jello, but wtf , freedom to make dumb decisions....
If people are so stupid that they will get killed texting while walking then I don't expect a law to change that.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2019, 06:02 PM
The point I made was the same, tired driving is way worse than talking on the phone and most people do it without thinking they are tired which is even more dangerous. The person I got in accident with wasn't even supposed to be driving, he was driving a money truck the company hadn't even granted him the right to drive yet and he slammed on his brakes at a yellow light. In my eyes I blame myself for being tired though, I like to play video games and i know my reaction time is $#@! when I am tired and I play way worse.

I never said anything about cellphones or whatever, you're having an entirely different argument.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 06:02 PM

That its a easy way for them to make you hand over your phone and take all of your data by pulling you over. Kind of like what they do at the border to Americans.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 06:04 PM
I never said anything about cellphones or whatever, you're having an entirely different argument.

Oh sorry, I thought you were replying to me since I brought up the tired driving. I owe you one but I am short right now I'll get you back later.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Warrior_of_Freedom again.

Swordsmyth
05-29-2019, 06:05 PM
Oh sorry, I thought you were replying to me since I brought up the tired driving. I owe you one but I am short right now I'll get you back later.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Warrior_of_Freedom again.
Covered

freespeak
05-29-2019, 06:52 PM
Like slaves, Americans beg for their chains.

The elites tell Americans that they don't need freedom and Americans nod their heads and agree that they don't need freedom.

The 1% says that if vaping is not banned, Americans will get cancer.

The elites say that if flag-burning is not banned, Americans will have freedom.

The elites say that churches must be closed because of terrorism.

The elites say that protesting must be banned because protesters will break windows.

The ruling class says that newspapers must be closed because only the government can tell you the truth.

The elites say there must be subsidies or every company will go bankrupt.

The elites say that Americans must be forced to buy insurance or they will not get healthcare.

The 1% says that Americans must get food stamps or everyone will starve to death.

The ruling class say that everyone must be wiretapped, tortured, and groped or there will be terrorism.

The elites say that if withdrawing cash from your own bank account is not banned, Americans will buy drugs.

The elites say that if restaurants are not licensed, businesses would have a vested interest in selling poisoned food.

The elites say that if guns are not banned, Americans will be shot.

The elites say that if everyone does not give DNA samples to the government then little girls will be raped.

The elites say that if hammers are not banned, Americans will have their heads smashed in with hammers.

Americans are so enslaved now that patriots who warn about the dangers of tyranny will be slammed for criticizing the beloved overlords of Americans.

Every country has the government it deserves.

nikcers
05-29-2019, 07:00 PM
Every country has the government it deserves.

LOL I like this it goes with my signature.

freelibertarian
05-30-2019, 08:38 PM
The USA is now an immoral bankrupt warmongering police state flooded with illegal immigrants.

Americans either don't know or want to know that the US is collapsing or think that nothing can be done to save the USA.

There is also a group of people like Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, Gandhi, MLK, Snowden, and Assange who see the problems of the world and cannot stay silent even when speaking up is risky.

If you see the problems with the US and are having trouble sleeping at night, now is the time to say something.

The collapse is real and is getting worse by the day. The problems will not go away. Even if we cannot save the USA, we must at least try to wake people up and prepare them so that they can be allies when the US Ponzi economy collapses, the civil war breaks out, and the elites start WWIII.

What good would money do if you end up in a concentration camp?

One way to raise awareness about the collapse is to make and pass out business cards with links to:

https://www.theburningplatform.com (https://www.theburningplatform.com/)

http://www.returnofkings.com (http://www.returnofkings.com/)

You should also start a website today with links to pro-freedom sites like the Infowars, Lewrockwell, Blacklistednews, Zerohedge, Whatreallyhappened, Cato, Mises Institute, Judicial Watch, Institute for Justice, Heritage Foundation, the Hoover Institution, ACLU, Libertarian Party, NRA, the Birch Society, militias, and John Stossel, Ron Paul, and John Whitehead articles to get the word out. Every freedom website will increase awareness and bring more people to our side.

Most people know something is wrong, but they don't know what and feel hopeless about what to do. The best weapon Americans have against the elites is our numbers.

The 1% can use all of the power of the media, corporations, Hollywood, Wall Street, and the government to defeat the patriots, but we must try. You have to live with your conscience.

http://undergroundnotes.com/index.htm (http://undergroundnotes.com/index.htm)

http://www.constitution.org/cs_organ.htm (http://www.constitution.org/cs_organ.htm)

http://www.onepoliticalplaza.com/t-100993-2.html (http://www.onepoliticalplaza.com/t-100993-2.html)

http://www.campidiot.com/ci/viewforum.php?id=28

Danke
09-05-2019, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYv_2JRCT0

Anti Federalist
09-05-2019, 10:03 AM
TheTexan

Wow, today was a good day in 'Murica.

Just by the headlines here: Texting and walking bans proceeds in NYC - Gun bans moving forward, fur ban in CA, more plastic straw bans, and there was some other ban.

Not a good day unless something is being prohibited.

TheTexan
09-05-2019, 10:20 AM
TheTexan

Wow, today was a good day in 'Murica.

Just by the headlines here: Texting and walking bans proceeds in NYC - Gun bans moving forward, fur ban in CA, more plastic straw bans, and there was some other ban.

Not a good day unless something is being prohibited.

Oh ya, that's the stuff. Keep talking to me like that.