PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military to go through 350 BILLION social media messages

Pauls' Revere
05-25-2019, 09:59 AM
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-military-trawl-350-billion-074320749.html

tender for the project, based at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, calls for screening messages from at least 200 million users from more than 100 countries in more than 60 languages to better understand “collective expression.” Messages, including user names, will be examined for comments, metadata, location and hometown identifiers.

The study’s purpose is to look at social-media messages posted publicly between July 2014 and December 2016 on a single platform, according to a solicitation request. No private communications will be included and individual users won’t be identified in the research, according to the Navy.

“Social media data allows us for the first time, to measure how colloquial expressions and slang evolve over time, across a diverse array of human societies, so that we can begin to understand how and why communities come to be formed around certain forms of discourse rather than others," Warren said by email.

The data can be used to train algorithms to understand “increasingly subtle shifts in cultural context,” he said.

“We need to better understand how narratives are shaped and communities are formed online to defend ourselves against these campaigns,” he said.

Yet collecting and analyzing large tracts of publicly available data is open to abuse.

“There is a risk that as we learn to exploit this data to manage how people interact online, it will give governments and bad actors tools that they can use to manipulate our thoughts and behavior,” Carter said.

nikcers
05-25-2019, 10:17 AM
They are already doing this, they tried this on me and failed miserably because I have been secretly poisoning my metadata with breadcrumbs to clue me in on any sort of manipulation techniques being done on me. They had a lot of data but a lot of bad data. I am sure with most people they wouldn't even realize that they are talking to somoene who is trying to manipulate them based on their metadata.

oyarde
05-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Will they send me the report of the conclusions they have on Danke and I ?

nikcers
05-25-2019, 10:27 AM

That report has been classified by 17 intelligence agencies.

UWDude
05-25-2019, 07:42 PM
They are already doing this, they tried this on me and failed miserably because I have been secretly poisoning my metadata with breadcrumbs to clue me in on any sort of manipulation techniques being done on me. They had a lot of data but a lot of bad data. I am sure with most people they wouldn't even realize that they are talking to somoene who is trying to manipulate them based on their metadata.

Yes. You can double cross agents by periodically engaging in web activity that in no way is of entertainment value to you. That way, when coincidentally approached by someone with "common interests"... ...you can do more than be on the defensive. You can play along, and infect the agent. This is a war, and all war is deception.

Also, if you really want to know how to beat the AI, study enhanced_deficit's way of communication. His writing is mottled, but he knows his audience knows exactly what he is saying. (the dude bashes trump at every opportunity, and anybody that is aligned with him, but that is beside the point).

For example:

It's Okay to be white

It's not Okay to be white

Both mean the same thing in context. So why even go for the former anymore?
The AI can not pick up context, but humans can.

This is behind the genius of the growing honkler meme.

It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.

Pauls' Revere
05-25-2019, 07:49 PM

Perhaps with a FOIA request.

Pauls' Revere
05-25-2019, 07:52 PM
It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.

+ rep. I do not approve of this message.

oyarde
05-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Yes. You can double cross agents by periodically engaging in web activity that in no way is of entertainment value to you. That way, when coincidentally approached by someone with "common interests"... ...you can do more than be on the defensive. You can play along, and infect the agent. This is a war, and all war is deception.

Also, if you really want to know how to beat the AI, study enhanced_deficit's way of communication. His writing is mottled, but he knows his audience knows exactly what he is saying. (the dude bashes trump at every opportunity, and anybody that is aligned with him, but that is beside the point).

For example:

It's Okay to be white

It's not Okay to be white

Both mean the same thing in context. So why even go for the former anymore?
The AI can not pick up context, but humans can.

This is behind the genius of the growing honkler meme.

All agents have to buy me drinks if they want to talk to me . After they pass out we can go through the wallet and smoke its cigarettes.

dannno
05-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Wittingly?

UWDude
05-25-2019, 08:29 PM

2 + 2 = 5

The foreshadowing wound he received, right in the throat in Catalonia. Took his voice from him. And he never did get to kill a fascist. And then worse, once the civil war was over, his party was betrayed, and lied about, by a party of former alliance, and those who could not flee, were liquidated.

Hence one way the story ended in the Spanish civil war.

Best book ever.

Pauls' Revere
05-25-2019, 08:44 PM
The foreshadowing wound he received, right in the throat in Catalonia. Took his voice from him. And he never did get to kill a fascist. And then worse, once the civil war was over, his party was betrayed, and lied about, by a party of former alliance, and those who could not flee, were liquidated.

Hence one way the story ended in the Spanish civil war.

Best book ever.

Here, said she,
Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,
(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)
Here is Belladonna, the Lady of the Rocks,
The lady of situations.
Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,
And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card,
Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,
Which I am forbidden to see. I do not find
The Hanged Man. Fear death by water.
I see crowds of people, walking round in a ring.
Thank you. If you see dear Mrs. Equitone,
Tell her I bring the horoscope myself:
One must be so careful these days.

UWDude
05-25-2019, 09:17 PM
Here, said she,
Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,
(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)
Here is Belladonna, the Lady of the Rocks,
The lady of situations.
Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,
And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card,
Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,
Which I am forbidden to see. I do not find
The Hanged Man. Fear death by water.
I see crowds of people, walking round in a ring.
Thank you. If you see dear Mrs. Equitone,
Tell her I bring the horoscope myself:
One must be so careful these days.

https://neonnettle.com/features/images/ecomain1234.jpg

https://neonnettle.com/features/images/ecomain1234.jpg

Who is the hermit? It is you and I. We raise our lanterns.

timosman
05-25-2019, 09:38 PM
What happened to the 4th amendment? :confused:

UWDude
05-25-2019, 09:49 PM

Those who believed the Russia collusion nonsense, actually thought Trump was freaking out, and scared, shaking in his boots that they would nail him for it.

I knew for a fact, from the beginning, something Trump also knew for a fact, from the beginning. There was no Russian collusion, at all.

So as his enemies thought he was in some kind of defensive posture, tumbling and ready to fall...

..He was infecting them, ingratiating them with agents.

They got away with very little. They were all being surveyed, and all of it legal, as soon as he was able to patch up his leaks, and navigate the web of connections and loyalties.

He knew he could not just walk up to the FBI, and ask for investigations. He knew there were divided loyalties everywhere.

UWDude
05-25-2019, 10:42 PM

Also, as I have said here and elsewhere, Lynch was the first to sing. She started talking way back in April/May 2018. She always was the weakest link. Easy legal warrants.

timosman
05-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Also, as I have said here and elsewhere, Lynch was the first to sing. She started talking way back in April/May 2018. She always was the weakest link. Easy legal warrants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGtAP0_Hsns

Pauls' Revere
05-26-2019, 12:02 AM

We celebrate that in July by barbecuing hot dogs and drinking beer.

timosman
05-26-2019, 12:03 AM
We celebrate that in July by barbecuing hot dogs and drinking beer.

While US Military is sifting through our posts trying to get AI able to recognize sarcasm? :confused:

Pauls' Revere
05-26-2019, 12:07 AM
While US Military is sifting through our posts trying to get AI able to recognize sarcasm? :confused:

I suppose sarcasm is one step closer to identifying the group behavioral shift they seek to understand and track.

UWDude
05-26-2019, 12:21 AM

This place has many official spooks watching. Not AI. Real Eyeballs.
No doubt some of them even post to gauge reaction.

They really get interested when you talk about them.

and that is when you can infect them.

timosman
05-26-2019, 12:23 AM
This place has many official spooks watching. Not AI. Real Eyeballs.
No doubt some of them even post to gauge reaction.

They really get interested when you talk about them.

and that is when you can infect them.

Doesn't matter. They get replaced. :tears: